Does anybody else find cheerleading completely stupid??

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#1 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts

I just can't seem to comprehend the idea of cheerleading.

Now, I definitely appreciate the looks of the girls involved :P and I can see that some of the stuff they do is somewhat impressive but for the most part I just think it is completely ridiculous and unnecessary and its not even that entertaining. Who in their right mind would want to be a cheerleader as well.....I don't understand!!!

Anybody else feel the same??

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts

Now, I definitely appreciate the looks of the girls involved :P and I can see that some of the stuff they do is somewhat impressive but for the most part I just think it is completely ridiculous and unnecessary and its not even that entertaining. Who in their right mind would want to be a cheerleader as well.....I don't understand!!!

dazman31

That about sums up the purpose of cheerleading. :P

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
It's mostly just to cheer and try to pump the crowd up.. Besides that, there is no purpose..
DBScott11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 DBScott11
Member since 2009 • 409 Posts
it makes ppl happy seeing girls very revealing (sometimes) hot (usually) and going commando (always) besides if ur playing the sport hot (usually) girls cheering for u and after the game the cheerleaders usually.....
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
haha I cant stand listening to them, but I have friends that are cheerleaders so I cant say anything to them.
Comrade_Buff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Comrade_Buff
Member since 2009 • 241 Posts

appreciate the looks of the girls involved

dazman31

Yep.

unholymight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 unholymight
Member since 2007 • 3378 Posts
Sense is in the eye of the beholder.
Avatar image for Scott_Malkinson
Scott_Malkinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Scott_Malkinson
Member since 2008 • 2604 Posts
Cheerleaders are just eye candy for all the guys who watch.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
Yeah, I don't see the point in it. But then I see the girls cheer, and I forget all about that for a short period. >.>
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15592 Posts

I fail to see what's so stupid, my mind's on other things right now.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Vaasman

My opinion changes with pics! :o

Lisaanne30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Lisaanne30
Member since 2007 • 1472 Posts
There whole reason for them is to get the crowd going and enetertain during time outs and stuff and look pretty of course lol
jazzkrotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jazzkrotch
Member since 2009 • 827 Posts
Yes, the purely Americana nature of cheerleading is purely asinine, but what is worse is the idiotic footstep routine and general glorification of simply graduating from an American highschool- a basic education is nothing any other country in the world rants and raves about. No wonder Americans are mostly so poorly educated. Pull off a BA/BSc and then an MA, MSc or PhD, and then you may have something to act like a clown over...
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15592 Posts
Yes, the purely Americana nature of cheerleading is purely asinine, but what is worse is the idiotic footstep routine and general glorification of simply graduating from an American highschool- a basic education is nothing any other country in the world rants and raves about. No wonder Americans are mostly so poorly educated. Pull off a BA/BSc and then an MA, MSc or PhD, and then you may have something to act like a clown over...jazzkrotch
I'm sorry your train of thought has derailed, we're talking about cheerleaders here.
fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts
Well i know i rather be cheerleading than posting on gamespot forums. Alot of people on this site can't even do have of what the girls do. Its amzaing sport and very diffuclt and hard to learn.
MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts
Yes, the purely Americana nature of cheerleading is purely asinine, but what is worse is the idiotic footstep routine and general glorification of simply graduating from an American highschool- a basic education is nothing any other country in the world rants and raves about. No wonder Americans are mostly so poorly educated. Pull off a BA/BSc and then an MA, MSc or PhD, and then you may have something to act like a clown over...jazzkrotch
how does that have anything to do with cheerleading? somehow you went from "idiotic footstep routine" straight into "general glorification of simply graduating from an American highschool". Its like you waited for an opening on one of these threads to try and flow in some unfactual, biased opinion. way to go.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I agree.
Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts
idk all the cheerleaders at my school are ugly with the exception of like 4 all the hot ones play volleyball :P
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
They're just eye candy; used to bring more people to a game! :D
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
Completely stupid? No. Just not for me that's for sure. Looking at the activity from a girls perspective it seems rather fun. You get to look good while doing a physical activity and you get to be part of a sports organization.
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
They're there to occupy the people that aren't interested in the game.
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts

Well i know i rather be cheerleading than posting on gamespot forums. Alot of people on this site can't even do have of what the girls do. Its amzaing sport and very diffuclt and hard to learn.fbigent34
Cheerleading isn't hard. :? Then again, I've done most of the tricks that cheerleaders do in majorettes. Most of what they do are dance moves, and you get that from ballet and dance.

Of course, of the cheerleaders at my school aren't even great at cheerleading. :? A lot of them are off and aren't that coordinated, which you need when you're in anything that revolves around dancing and gymnastics.

jazzkrotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jazzkrotch
Member since 2009 • 827 Posts
Went off on a tangent again while chatting (privately) with others, sorry, I'm drunk. Still, cheerleading is a superficial aspect of Americana that warrants nothing but megalomania, and serves no practical purpose, and I liken it to the great song and dance of graduating from what amounts to a basic education in the rest of the world (that warrants no fanfare).
fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts

[QUOTE="fbigent34"]Well i know i rather be cheerleading than posting on gamespot forums. Alot of people on this site can't even do have of what the girls do. Its amzaing sport and very diffuclt and hard to learn.ayanami_rei

Cheerleading isn't hard. :? Then again, I've done most of the tricks that cheerleaders do in majorettes. Most of what they do are dance moves, and you get that from ballet and dance.

Of course, of the cheerleaders at my school aren't even great at cheerleading. :? A lot of them are off and aren't that coordinated, which you need when you're in anything that revolves around dancing and gymnastics.

You need to see real cheerleading no some prep high school crap.
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
You need to see real cheerleading no some prep high school crap.fbigent34
I have seen real cheerleading. And most of what they do are gymnastic tricks. I've had some of them in my majorette routine when I was in majorettes. They do walkovers, backflips, etc. It's not necessarily hard. All it takes is practice and having good eye coordination, along with being able to keep up with the rest of your teammates.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
[QUOTE="dazman31"]

I was just about to say what you siad in your second point but you already said it. So yes I have to agree with you 100%.
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
Its also ridiculous that money goes towards it over legitimate sports...
Avatar image for Eternal_Triumph
Eternal_Triumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Eternal_Triumph
Member since 2008 • 512 Posts
Cheerleading was created to entertain the horny and obnoxious drunks in the crowd inbetween plays.
In HS its for the majority of the student bodys men, who fantasize on tapping those dancing beauties.
However the football players are likely the only ones doing that.
:(
Avatar image for lilburtonboy748
lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lilburtonboy748
Member since 2007 • 2536 Posts
my fiance would kill you....
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

dazman31

I find cheerleading to be just as stupid as football or basketball.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
It's a stepping stone to the presidency.
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts
[QUOTE="dazman31"]

Maniacc1

That about sums up the purpose of cheerleading. :P

Well I kind of thought that until I was at the NCAA basketball tourney in Denver, and saw some of the things the college cheerleaders were doing, I have to say it was cool. The guys that were doing this were bigger (stronger not taller) than most of the guys playing basketball in the tournoment. I wondered why they would do this, but then I thought again about everything, and now I understand.
dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts

my fiance would kill you....lilburtonboy748

I beg not to be killed with with the pom pons....for the love of god not with the pom pons!!

Avatar image for lilburtonboy748
lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lilburtonboy748
Member since 2007 • 2536 Posts
am i on /s/?
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
kind of, they are just there for the hottness. has anyone noticed that all of the fat girls that want to be a cheerleader are on the dance team...
Mudcake_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Mudcake_Mad
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts
Lol, in a way yes..
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

Vaasman

The Barbie doll look does nothing for me. I can see a picture like that and know intellectually that a lot of guys will consider that "hot" or whatever (which isn't a word I even generally use myself in that context, so there you go), but for me just...no. Now whether it's because there is an association with a girl who presents herself in that way in my mind with "complete moron" or what, I really couldn't tell you. That probably is it, but it's hard to say for sure.

So anyway, yeah, I find cheerleading completely stupid, which is probably why so many of the people that do it are.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#45 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Have you ever found yourself yelling out with joy that your sports team are winning or won? Well that's kinda like cheerleading right there. These cheerleaders are aren't doing anything different. Their job is to get everyone else excited and pumped for their team. I don't know what the pom poms are for though.
Avatar image for LieutenantFeist
LieutenantFeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LieutenantFeist
Member since 2008 • 1529 Posts
I think it is rather useless too
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts

As a former cheerleader you all have NO idea how hard it is to be one.

Yeah back in the day all they did was hop around and yell stuff and pump up the crowd but today, it has evolved as a great and difficult and DANGEROUS sport.

It requires dexterity and agility, strength and versatility, a good memory too. Any decent cheerleader will have a background in either dance or gymnastics -- but great cheerleaders will have a background in both. They are there to entertain the crowd and get them pumped and cheerleaders also compete with each other in competitions. There are really great cheerleading franchises such as the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and the Laker Girls.

Just because you dont appreciate what they do in the sports community does not mean they are "stupid" and "useless".

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts
they pump up their team. how is that stupid?
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
I don't get them either.