Do you watch Skins?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Does anyone here watch Skins (the original, U.K. version)? I normally find teen dramas to be cliche and shallow, but I think this is a genuinely good one. Perhaps my favor of the show results from its structure. Aside from the occasional group-episode in which all of the characters are featured equally, most of the episodes focus on one character, which assures that all of the characters become equally known. What's also great about it is the diversity among the characters. Since it takes place in the U.K., there are Scottish, Irish, and various English accents. Anyhow, what do you guys think of it?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Only for the hot girls

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BluRayHiDef

Only for the hot girls

themajormayor

Which ones? Franky? Mini?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

Only for the hot girls

BluRayHiDef

I dunno. Some short asian chick
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

There's a kid in my school that said he "Loves Skins because it reminds him of his own life." to a teacher.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
No.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

Only for the hot girls

themajormayor

There's no Asian chick in the show, unless you're referring to a South East Asian girl, but she's not short.

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

Nope.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Never heard of it.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Yeah, Fred Couples is great at it.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BluRayHiDef

Never heard of it.

muller39

Try out the latest episode. It's a good drama.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 metroidprime55

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

There's no Asian chick in the show, unless you're referring to a South East Asian girl, but she's not short.

What?

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
Nah, is it on Netflix?
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

Never heard of it.

muller39
This
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] I dunno. Some short asian chickmetroidprime55

What?

When most people say "Asian", they have East Asian (Chinese, Korean, and Japanese) in mind.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BluRayHiDef

Nah, is it on Netflix?Ugalde-

I don't know, but I do know it's on Hulu, where you can watch it for free.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

[QUOTE="muller39"]

Never heard of it.

BluRayHiDef

If I start at the latest episode, wouldn't I not know what's going on?
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metroidprime55

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

What?

When most people say "Asian", they have East Asian (Chinese, Korean, and Japanese) in mind.

That's still Asian.:|
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="muller39"]

Never heard of it.

muller39

If I start at the latest episode, wouldn't I not know what's going on?

You'll still be able to know what's going on.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

What?

metroidprime55

That's still Asian.:|

Duh! I'm simply considering the fact that most people have a colloquial understanding of the word "Asian", not a correct one. It's about what he meant, not about what he wrote.

nintendo_ds_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nintendo_ds_06
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

I watched seasons 1 - 4, the first 2 seasons were the best, season 3 was pretty good and I lost interest in the show at the end of season 4 so haven't seen any since then.

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

I thought that show was over already, my sister watched the UK one and hated the US one haha

Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chicken453
Member since 2011 • 2038 Posts

Yes and it's amazing and it really does capture what it's like to be a teen in the UK (i'm 17 and and experienced most events bought up in the show).

Really great series, Season 1 and 2 are the best :D For people out of their teens it can seem really daunting, exaggerated and frankly just unbeleiveable but the issues bought up in Skins are clear representations of the issue someone my age would face :P

Having mates that are heavy druggies, getting smashed and wondering streets naked, having a gay/bi friend in the group ( me in my case ), dealing with religion and cultural differences, relationship problems, health problems, social identity, sexual identity it really does capture all this well. I recommend watching the first series (UK skins obviously).

lol i had a big crush on Frankie from season3/6 she's so fing cute :3

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Anyone who likes Skins is a kunt.

Fvck you all.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Sex, drugs and drama. Story I wished my life really was like. :(
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I have never watched it,but if it's a teen drama like The O.C., I'd probably like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Sex, drugs and drama. Story I wished my life really was like. :(MgamerBD

So true. The people I used to get drugs from are all gone, I'm now single and most of the interesting drama in my life ended when I became single :(

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BluRayHiDef

Yes and it's amazing and it really does capture what it's like to be a teen in the UK (i'm 17 and and experienced most events bought up in the show).

Really great series, Season 1 and 2 are the best :D For people out of their teens it can seem really daunting, exaggerated and frankly just unbeleiveable but the issues bought up in Skins are clear representations of the issue someone my age would face :P

Having mates that are heavy druggies, getting smashed and wondering streets naked, having a gay/bi friend in the group ( me in my case ), dealing with religion and cultural differences, relationship problems, health problems, social identity, sexual identity it really does capture all this well. I recommend watching the first series (UK skins obviously).

Chicken453

Yea, Franky is a looker. You know that the actor who portrays her (Dakota Blue Richards) just turned 18 on the 11th of April (this month)?

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MgamerBD

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Sex, drugs and drama. Story I wished my life really was like. :(toast_burner

So true. The people I used to get drugs from are all gone, I'm now single and most of the interesting drama in my life ended when I became single :(

At least you had the experience. I'm just getting into it...but I'm kinda cautious because of work. I wish I done it when I younger. So many drugs, so much sex...so little time :(
Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chicken453
Member since 2011 • 2038 Posts

[QUOTE="Chicken453"]

BluRayHiDef

Yea, Franky is a looker. You know that the actor who portrays her (Dakota Blue Richards) just turned 18 on the 11th of April (this month)?

I did not... but now i do :D.......watched a few interviews with her in...she's even cuter in them man xD in the UK 16 is legal btw :P

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BluRayHiDef

I have never watched it,but if it's a teen drama like The O.C., I'd probably like it.

Michael0134567

Try this episode.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Sex, drugs and drama. Story I wished my life really was like. :(MgamerBD

At least you had the experience. I'm just getting into it...but I'm kinda cautious because of work. I wish I done it when I younger. So many drugs, so much sex...so little time :(

Why would you want to do drugs? I hope you don't have anything hardcore in mind, like crack/ cocaine or meth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

BluRayHiDef

Why would you want to do drugs? I hope you don't have anything hardcore in mind, like crack/ cocaine or meth.

Cocaine can be fun but I know quite a few people who got addicted to it so I wouldn't recomend it.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MgamerBD

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

BluRayHiDef

No...just weed, alcohol and a little ecstasy. Drugs are cool man...don't be lame.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] At least you had the experience. I'm just getting into it...but I'm kinda cautious because of work. I wish I done it when I younger. So many drugs, so much sex...so little time :(MgamerBD

No...just weed, alcohol and a little ecstasy. Drugs are cool man...don't be lame.

You're lame for trying to be cool.

I'm lame for telling you you're lame.

The only one who's not lame is the guy selling this sh!t. Living like a king.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] At least you had the experience. I'm just getting into it...but I'm kinda cautious because of work. I wish I done it when I younger. So many drugs, so much sex...so little time :(MgamerBD

There's something wrong with you. In another thread I made, you implied that you don't like being your current race. Now you say that you want to do hardcore drugs like ecstasy. I'm guessing that you have identity issues and want to escape them by getting high. SMH.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

There's something wrong with you. In another thread I made, you implied that you don't like being your current race. Now you say that you want to do hardcore drugs like ecstasy. I'm guessing that you have identity issues and want to escape them by getting high. SMH.

I wouldn't consider ecstasy hardcore. However it's purity can be a problem if you don't trust the guy you get it from. Just go with pure MDMA if you're really that interested.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] No...just weed, alcohol and a little ecstasy. Drugs are cool man...don't be lame.toast_burner

I wouldn't consider ecstasy hardcore. However it's purity can be a problem if you don't trust the guy you get it from. Just go with pure MDMA if you're really that interested.

I have no interest in drugs.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MgamerBD

Ilovegames1992

True...too bad the only person making money off of me is the liquor store. And that is on occasion..I don't buy that sh!t. Never smoked or popped pills a day in my life.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 themajormayor

BluRayHiDef

a

And what's wrong with wanting to be another race? I'd totally want to be black or an arab or some sh*t like that

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MgamerBD

BluRayHiDef

B!tch I never smoked weed or popped ecstasy in my life. And unlike you I have a social life :lol:. I also love my skin, like I said I just don't take life as seriously as lames like you :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

I have no interest in drugs.

That part of the post was aimed at mgamer

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] No...just weed, alcohol and a little ecstasy. Drugs are cool man...don't be lame.MgamerBD

True...too bad the only person making money off of me is the liquor store. And that is on occasion..I don't buy that sh!t. Never smoked or popped pills a day in my life.

Dude, i drink very very sparsely. I'm almost straight edge. Except for caffeine but thats not proper drugs.

And i'm miserable and a waster.

The lesson here, you may as well just do drugs.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] No...just weed, alcohol and a little ecstasy. Drugs are cool man...don't be lame.MgamerBD

B!tch I never smoked weed or popped ecstasy in my life. And unlike you I have a social life :lol:. I also love my skin, like I said I just don't take life as seriously as lames like you :lol:

Yea, sure.:roll:

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Mine's all white and flaky. :(

Being a cracker is harder than it looks.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 themajormayor

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Dude, i drink very very sparsely. I'm almost straight edge. Except for caffeine but thats not proper drugs.

Listen to this man
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MgamerBD

Ilovegames1992

Nah...the lesson is to do things on occasion/moderation. Not be so uptight and lame but not be so gung ho either. Drugs are another part of life that can help relax a person. Sure its not "good" for you. But as long as you do it on a once and awhile type thing. Its ok.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MgamerBD

BluRayHiDef

Yea, sure.:roll:

Only if you knew a guy like me in real life. Maybe you can achieve true happiness. You sound like you need to loosen up and do something stupid.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] True...too bad the only person making money off of me is the liquor store. And that is on occasion..I don't buy that sh!t. Never smoked or popped pills a day in my life.MgamerBD

Nah...the lesson is to do things on occasion/moderation. Not be so uptight and lame but not be so gung ho either. Drugs are another part of life that can help relax a person. Sure its not "good" for you. But as long as you do it on a once and awhile type thing. Its ok.

You're telling me the lesson of my own rant bro?:evil:

And i haven't seen many people relaxed on crack. :lol:

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MgamerBD

Ilovegames1992

You're telling me the lesson of my own rant bro?:evil:

And i haven't seen many people relaxed on crack. :lol:

There was actually a study on people that do crack on occasion and live perfectly normal successful lives. Also I meant not hardcore drugs...only recreational.