Do you think she should feel bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StaindShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StaindShadow
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts
My aunt emailed me a little bit ago, wanting my opinion on something. A radio station is doing this thing where you can write them with a Christmas wish (plane tickets to visit family, toys for the kids, something for you, whatever you want under $2000) and if they choose you, you get whatever it is you asked for. They'll be doing this until Christmas. (I don't think there's a limit on how many people they're going to choose, they do it a couple times a day.)

She wanted to ask for a PS3 for her son, because they already can't afford one, and especially not now because he has to get a minor surgery a few days after Christmas. She asked me if she should feel bad for asking for something when there are people out there that are worse off than they are. They aren't exactly poor, my aunt and cousin, but they're far from rich. He's getting a couple things this year, but they can't afford the PS3 which he really wants.

There have been people that asked for not-so-selfless things, and then there are others that have. I told her she shouldn't feel bad, it's not like she's being selfish or anything.

So, what do you think? Thank you for reading, sorry if it's too long or confusing anywhere. :)
CottonTheMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CottonTheMoth
Member since 2005 • 1186 Posts
She's just trying to make her son happy to the best of her ability. I see nothing wrong with getting something for him that would give him a good Christmas :D
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
She's just trying to make her son happy to the best of her ability. I see nothing wrong with getting something for him that would give him a good Christmas :DCottonTheMoth
I agree with this.
socked_feet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 socked_feet
Member since 2008 • 2290 Posts
I don't think she should feel bad. The radio station's contest is that you can ask for anything you want, and the PS3 will make her son happy, which is great. It sounds to me like he isn't a spoiled little brat, so it would be a nice gift.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
As long as he doesn't have another Next Gen Consol like the Xbox 360 already or something like that, then it is perfectly fine..
CottonTheMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CottonTheMoth
Member since 2005 • 1186 Posts

As long as he doesn't have another Next Gen Consol like the Xbox 360 already or something like that, then it is perfectly fine..ferrari2001

Unless it's a Wii. Just kidding :Pactually I wish I hadn't sold mine...Animal Crossing lol..

StaindShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StaindShadow
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts
Thank you for the responses. :)
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts
I don't see why she should feel obliged not to enter in the competition so that other people have a greater chance of winning, so no, I don't think that she's doing anything wrong.
Cyber-Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Cyber-Shadow
Member since 2008 • 580 Posts
I don't think she should feel bad, but just make sure she asks for a few games with it. :P