Do you learn TAEKWONDO???????????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 polya
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
which belt r u??? i m a second dan black belt and i love 540 degree kick and tile breaking!!!!!!!!!
what do u like?????????
Crimson_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Crimson_Sin
Member since 2006 • 3004 Posts
I have a red belt in karate. I quit as soon as I got it because I didn't enjoy it
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
steady on, one question mark is enough. but no, i dont do it.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
I used to until I got lazy
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I don't get taught any martial art directly from a sensei, I just mimic what I see others do and practice on my own. I'm going to try and start training in Karate under an old buddy of mine that's an 8th degree black belt and teaches now. I'm also thinking about going to the dojo in the area that teaches Korean Tae Kwon Doe and Hapkido.
BlackBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackBeauty
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts
I'd like to learn some martial arts...maybe I'll start soon.
smcg69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 smcg69
Member since 2005 • 352 Posts
I do muay thai. IMO its one of the best martial arts
ReapX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 ReapX
Member since 2003 • 3571 Posts
I went in Taekwondo when I was younger but quit because I'm a quiter. I ended up failing twice while trying to get the blue belt because I was sick one time and sick another time because I went to burger king before it.
ds360fn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ds360fn
Member since 2006 • 1184 Posts
I studied it for 6 years, becouse my father was the teacher, and I currently study Akido.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
No, but I do practice a martial art.

(Look at my sig)
polya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 polya
TAEKWONDO is the best martial art. i m not saying that karate is bad. i used to be a black belt in karate, but i became the youngest black belt in our area, and started learning taekwondo too. so my sensei got jealous and took away my black belt and certificate for violating the rules. but when i joined taekwondo, i understood that it is better than karate. karate is power and technique. but taekwondo is power with speed and technique. best martial art!!!! all must learn it!!!!!!!
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 branketra
TAEKWONDO is the best martial art. i m not saying that karate is bad. i used to be a black belt in karate, but i became the youngest black belt in our area, and started learning taekwondo too. so my sensei got jealous and took away my black belt and certificate for violating the rules. but when i joined taekwondo, i understood that it is better than karate. karate is power and technique. but taekwondo is power with speed and technique. best martial art!!!! all must learn it!!!!!!!polya
You should watch Fearless........
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#15 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
TAEKWONDO is the best martial art. i m not saying that karate is bad. i used to be a black belt in karate, but i became the youngest black belt in our area, and started learning taekwondo too. so my sensei got jealous and took away my black belt and certificate for violating the rules. but when i joined taekwondo, i understood that it is better than karate. karate is power and technique. but taekwondo is power with speed and technique. best martial art!!!! all must learn it!!!!!!!polya

On the contrary, Tae Kwon Do suffers from showy techniques as well as as many McDojos as karate.  Doing a 540 kick is never going to be effective unless you're hitting a still or lethargic target, and even then there are more effective techniques. 
SolidSnake_108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidSnake_108
Member since 2006 • 11952 Posts
I don't need martial arts. I could kill you all easily. 8)
Bobby_Oz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bobby_Oz
Member since 2004 • 4155 Posts
Im into the Ansatsuken style, with my Hori-Pro-Arcade Stick ;)
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 branketra
Im into the Ansatsuken style, with my Hori-Pro-Arcade Stick ;)Bobby_Oz
Isn't that the supposed style that Ryu and Ken use?
polya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 polya
[QUOTE="polya"]TAEKWONDO is the best martial art. i m not saying that karate is bad. i used to be a black belt in karate, but i became the youngest black belt in our area, and started learning taekwondo too. so my sensei got jealous and took away my black belt and certificate for violating the rules. but when i joined taekwondo, i understood that it is better than karate. karate is power and technique. but taekwondo is power with speed and technique. best martial art!!!! all must learn it!!!!!!!solidsnakeEx3

On the contrary, Tae Kwon Do suffers from showy techniques as well as as many McDojos as karate. Doing a 540 kick is never going to be effective unless you're hitting a still or lethargic target, and even then there are more effective techniques.

yeah i know that! i use 540 only for demonstration! in fight, i mostly use side kick and khorologi and half turn side kick( i dont know what you call it). i also use flying side kick. in every fight i knock out my opponent with flying side kick in the second round. i have not lost a single fight till date and in every fight, i knock out my opponent!!!
Bobby_Oz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bobby_Oz
[QUOTE="Bobby_Oz"]Im into the Ansatsuken style, with my Hori-Pro-Arcade Stick ;)BranKetra

And Akuma
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I took the kwon, I think I got up to like green belt but then quit. I still rememebr a whole bunch of sweet kicks thogh so I'm cool. ;)
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 branketra
yeah i know that! i use 540 only for demonstration! in fight, i mostly use side kick and khorologi and half turn side kick( i dont know what you call it). i also use flying side kick. in every fight i knock out my opponent with flying side kick in the second round. i have not lost a single fight till date and in every fight, i knock out my opponent!!!
polya
Better knock on wood or train double, because one day you'll be doing that flying kick and get reversed mid air, and on your way down you'll be thinking "damn...." The flying kick, unless perfectly timed and even then, is very risky.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Bobby_Oz"]Im into the Ansatsuken style, with my Hori-Pro-Arcade Stick ;)Bobby_Oz

And Akuma

yeah, yeah
Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts
Belts do not matter, ive seen 7th degree black belts beat by random people. I personally think mixed martial arts gives you the best chance. In the Marine corps there is a martial arts program that uses  Taekwondo, Akido, judo, jujistsu and many others all aimed at providing better self defense against an agressor.
Bobby_Oz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bobby_Oz
[QUOTE="Bobby_Oz"][QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Bobby_Oz"]Im into the Ansatsuken style, with my Hori-Pro-Arcade Stick ;)BranKetra

And Akuma

yeah, yeah

I am a master :) Evo championship 2007 baby here I come!
druglord6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 druglord6
Member since 2005 • 1030 Posts
im 6th dan in the big-mac-and-fries style martial art. In wikipedia it says bruce lee was a fan of this style and in  fists of fury there is a scene where he beats people up in a fast food restaurant while eating a quarter pounder . Now that's skill.:lol:
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 branketra
im 6th dan in the big-mac-and-fries style martial art. In wikipedia it says bruce lee was a fan of this style and in  fists of fury there is a scene where he beats people up in a fast food restaurant while eating a quarter pounder . Now that's skill.:lol: druglord6
Are you sure it was Fists of Fury...and it was Bruce Lee? I have that movie and I don't remember that one.....[QUOTE="Bobby_Oz"] I am a master :) Evo championship 2007 baby here I come!

Where and when is that supposed to happen? I might enter.
polya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 polya
[QUOTE="polya"]yeah i know that! i use 540 only for demonstration! in fight, i mostly use side kick and khorologi and half turn side kick( i dont know what you call it). i also use flying side kick. in every fight i knock out my opponent with flying side kick in the second round. i have not lost a single fight till date and in every fight, i knock out my opponent!!!
BranKetra
Better knock on wood or train double, because one day you'll be doing that flying kick and get reversed mid air, and on your way down you'll be thinking "damn...." The flying kick, unless perfectly timed and even then, is very risky.

i know that till date, have been a bit too overconfident. i know that one day i might get knocked out by that kick. i want it so that i can improve my technique. but i have a planned strategy. i in first round scare the opponent with loud shouts, khoro side kicks and turning kicks and make him **** in his pants. then in as soon as the second round starts, i go back. then suddenly lean forward and stamp my foot on the ground as if i was attacking. so the opponent for defense would go back. and as soon as he goes back, i run, jump, kick and knock out. i know that this may fail some time. and the day it will fail, i will think on another strategy. you too try. its not that difficult. if u become successful, reply me asap. thanks for advising me and telling me where i can go wrong. i had never thought about it before!!!! so thanks!!
polya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 polya
[QUOTE="polya"]TAEKWONDO is the best martial art. i m not saying that karate is bad. i used to be a black belt in karate, but i became the youngest black belt in our area, and started learning taekwondo too. so my sensei got jealous and took away my black belt and certificate for violating the rules. but when i joined taekwondo, i understood that it is better than karate. karate is power and technique. but taekwondo is power with speed and technique. best martial art!!!! all must learn it!!!!!!!UrbanSpartan125
Belts do not matter, ive seen 7th degree black belts beat by random people. I personally think mixed martial arts gives you the best chance. In the Marine corps there is a martial arts program that uses Taekwondo, Akido, judo, jujistsu and many others all aimed at providing better self defense against an agressor.

i know that. my friend who is a green belt has defeated me several times in practice sparring. but i real match, i m undefeated :) but i m being so overconfident that i think i will lose my next fight :P
Bobby_Oz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bobby_Oz
[QUOTE="druglord6"]im 6th dan in the big-mac-and-fries style martial art. In wikipedia it says bruce lee was a fan of this style and in fists of fury there is a scene where he beats people up in a fast food restaurant while eating a quarter pounder . Now that's skill.:lol: BranKetra
Are you sure it was Fists of Fury...and it was Bruce Lee? I have that movie and I don't remember that one.....[QUOTE="Bobby_Oz"] I am a master :) Evo championship 2007 baby here I come!

Where and when is that supposed to happen? I might enter.

If its like last year, Vegas sometime in July. $50 entree fee
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 branketra
i know that till date, have been a bit too overconfident. i know that one day i might get knocked out by that kick. i want it so that i can improve my technique. but i have a planned strategy. i in first round scare the opponent with loud shouts, khoro side kicks and turning kicks and make him **** in his pants. then in as soon as the second round starts, i go back. then suddenly lean forward and stamp my foot on the ground as if i was attacking. so the opponent for defense would go back. and as soon as he goes back, i run, jump, kick and knock out. i know that this may fail some time. and the day it will fail, i will think on another strategy. you too try. its not that difficult. if u become successful, reply me asap. thanks for advising me and telling me where i can go wrong. i had never thought about it before!!!! so thanks!!polya
I gotta tell ya....not all opponents are easily intimidated. If this is what your strategy is based on, change it. I don't even know you, but I gotta give you advice if you're being serious. Change that strategy now.
HarrisKrishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 HarrisKrishna
Member since 2004 • 9346 Posts
I aint know taekwondo
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
I went to a Taekwondo lesson once, it's honestly a joke for practical fighting.  Muay Thai, mixed w/ a bit of judo and Akido is much better.

If you want to learn something flashy learn Capoeira
polya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 polya
[QUOTE="polya"]i know that till date, have been a bit too overconfident. i know that one day i might get knocked out by that kick. i want it so that i can improve my technique. but i have a planned strategy. i in first round scare the opponent with loud shouts, khoro side kicks and turning kicks and make him **** in his pants. then in as soon as the second round starts, i go back. then suddenly lean forward and stamp my foot on the ground as if i was attacking. so the opponent for defense would go back. and as soon as he goes back, i run, jump, kick and knock out. i know that this may fail some time. and the day it will fail, i will think on another strategy. you too try. its not that difficult. if u become successful, reply me asap. thanks for advising me and telling me where i can go wrong. i had never thought about it before!!!! so thanks!!BranKetra
I gotta tell ya....not all opponents are easily intimidated. If this is what your strategy is based on, change it. I don't even know you, but I gotta give you advice if you're being serious. Change that strategy now.

i m only 15!!! i have come across such people before. than i just punch them hard o their collar bone(some get knocked out at tis stage) and when they r in intense pain i hit them on their face with half turn side kick. we call it tituley upchegi. they get knocked out!!!
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
i don't know any martial arts, but i'd like to start Taekwondo, or Ninjitsu some time
sthadji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 sthadji
Member since 2004 • 4682 Posts
I'm thinking of doing it. What is it like?
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
About that jumpy kick, I saw a crazy guy do that against a far more novice girl who.. well, she raised her knee while he came at her and the tables quickly turned. I bet that was painful.
SunJian18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SunJian18
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I used to do Taekwondo, but I got drawn toward Chinese martial arts later on.
Avatar image for Captain_Swosh69
Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Captain_Swosh69
Member since 2005 • 1012 Posts
There's alot of martial arts names. Muay Thai. Tae Kwon Do. But even if you learn one, most still cant fight. Any big strong guy can easily take you out, street style.
BlingDigimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BlingDigimon
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
no
SAURON221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SAURON221
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
I am the ancient master now when you are ready I will teach you but till then my young one keep learning and follow the path of light.
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts
No 
smcg69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 smcg69
Member since 2005 • 352 Posts
I disagree completely. I think Taekwondo is one of the worst martial arts to be honest. Its too focused on kicks. What happens when someone who can puch, kick and grapple fights against you. You will lose....
CyberZero104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#45 CyberZero104
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts
My brother takes Taekwondo. I think he's a Red Belt.
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
I got up to the end of red belt I think. It got so boring that I just quit. Funny how since I've been working out etc instead of it I would MUCH better in a fight now than I would be if I continued it.
aaaaarrrrggggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 aaaaarrrrggggg
Member since 2005 • 13979 Posts
I'm a white belt:D...and have been for three years:(