Do you feel like a slave to the system?

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Do you feel ambivalent about following the pre-defined pathway to "success"? Does this pre-defined pathway make you feel like a prisoner or slave? Do you hate the fact that the masses who follow this path without question ridicule and demonize anyone who dares to criticize it or deviate from it?

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
Go read anthem by ayn rand
garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

No, I'm going to corrupt the system...wait and see

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
I find that I am a prisoner to the "system" because I am not rich enough to do anything about it.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BluRayHiDef

I find that I am a prisoner to the "system" because I am not rich enough to do anything about it. RenegadePatriot

I say that we burn the banks down. "It's not about money. It's about sending a message."

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I know neither what this predefined pathway is nor who these people are who ridicule and demonize those who don't follow it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

I am the system. When you hear of people putting on tin foil hats it's because of me.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BluRayHiDef

I know neither what this predefined pathway is nor who these people are who ridicule and demonize those who don't follow it.

GabuEx

That's because the system is so crafty at manipulating and controlling people, it's able to own you without you even realizing it.

3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 3riForce
Member since 2004 • 2293 Posts
I'm just playing the game I guess, getting through college to get a degree to get a good job to live a decent life. I don't see deviating from the 'system' as daring, I see it as lazy.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

BluRayHiDef

That's because the system is so crafty at manipulating and controlling people, it's able to own you without you even realizing it.

Oh, of course.

Why would I care about it then?

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

Yeah I see the system, I dislike it, but I'm able to make it work for me *shrugs* I'm in a position where I just partake enough of the system in order to fund my playtime.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BluRayHiDef

I'm just playing the game I guess, getting through college to get a degree to get a good job to live a decent life. I don't see deviating from the 'system' as daring, I see it as lazy.3riForce

By getting a good job, do you mean a job where you work in a company for 8 to 9 hours a day, sitting behind a desk? What's the point of doing that to live a decent life if most of your time is consumed by the job, leaving you with little to no time to enjoy anything outside of it? You wake up in the morning, prepare yourself, go to work for eight or nine hours, get back home at about 5:30, prepare your dinner, and then sit down with the family for a few hours, go to sleep and do it all over again. Yea, that sounds like some life. A really boring life.

JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JinjonatorX
Member since 2010 • 639 Posts
I don't acknowledge the system. I do as I may.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GabuEx

[QUOTE="3riForce"]I'm just playing the game I guess, getting through college to get a degree to get a good job to live a decent life. I don't see deviating from the 'system' as daring, I see it as lazy.BluRayHiDef

By getting a good job, do you mean a job where you work in a company for 8 to 9 hours a day, sitting behind a desk? What's the point of doing that to live a decent life if most of your time is consumed by the job, leaving you with little to no time to enjoy anything outside of it? You wake up in the morning, prepare yourself, go to work for eight or nine hours, get back home at about 5:30, prepare your dinner, and then sit down with the family for a few hours, go to sleep and do it all over again. Yea, that sounds like some life. A really boring life.

So go find a more exciting life.

Problem solved.

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

I really hate it. More than anything I do not want a boring office job that I hate where I make enough to support the lifestyle of a middle class male. I either want to die or live life doing something different and crazy, even if I do not enjoy it, even it meant being poor.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="3riForce"]I'm just playing the game I guess, getting through college to get a degree to get a good job to live a decent life. I don't see deviating from the 'system' as daring, I see it as lazy.GabuEx

Problem solved.

I need followers. My plan is to subvert the system. In order to that, I have to attack and destroy the systems main source of power: Money. I need to burn down the banks.

3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 3riForce

[QUOTE="3riForce"]I'm just playing the game I guess, getting through college to get a degree to get a good job to live a decent life. I don't see deviating from the 'system' as daring, I see it as lazy.BluRayHiDef

Ive had my experiences with freedom and doing whatever I want, and it really didn't make me happy. Im actually looking forward to settling down now.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

Im no slave of any system, if i dont like this system, il go live in tibet,

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

While some are content and may even happy to have such a life, nobody's forcing you to do that. If you have something better in mind, go for it.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BluRayHiDef

I really hate it. More than anything I do not want a boring office job that I hate where I make enough to support the lifestyle of a middle class male. I either want to die or live life doing something different and crazy, even if I do not enjoy it, even it meant being poor.

iloverikku11

I plan on becoming a real life Joker, like in the Dark Knight, and causing mayhem and panic. I want to make people question the system and overthrow it. We need to burn down the banks.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Of course. I find it perverse that people would not. A few people control society, however you look at it. And us little people get screwed in the meantime. As i always say, life's **** and then you die. The worst thing you can do is think about it really imho.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

That actually sounds like the ideal life. I am gone for work 12 hours a day (including drive time) from 3 PM to 3 AM and still dont have much extra money.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

Problem solved.

I need followers. My plan is to subvert the system. In order to that, I have to attack and destroy the systems main source of power: Money. I need to burn down the banks.

My suggestion is that you go to wall street and go tunisia on their ass.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

Problem solved.

So instead of finding a more exciting life while leaving those alone who are contented with their own lives, you fantasize on an internet forum about forcing everyone in the world to adhere to your own personal system. While simultaneously criticizing those who want people to adhere to the system.

I'm not sure if you've thought this through all the way.

3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 3riForce

[QUOTE="iloverikku11"]

BluRayHiDef

I plan on becoming a real life Joker, like in the Dark Knight, and causing mayhem and panic. I want to make people question the system and overthrow it. We need to burn down the banks.

So you want to be an anarchist?
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sandvichman

Of course. I find it perverse that people would not. A few people control society, however you look at it. And us little people get screwed in the meantime. As i always say, life's **** and then you die. The worst thing you can do is think about it really imho.

Ilovegames1992
You have a 50000 gamerscore, something tells me you arent living a bad life, i suppose you want to control society, let me tell you, its probably the mostb oring job ever
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Problem solved.

GabuEx

So instead of finding a more exciting life while leaving those alone who are contented with their own lives, you fantasize on an internet forum about forcing everyone in the world to adhere to your own personal system. While simultaneously criticizing those who want people to adhere to the system.

Its like, the system man, dude
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

I plan on becoming a real life Joker

BluRayHiDef
Oh sweetie, that ship long since sailed
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

Yup. Most western countries, some to a great extent, aren't run by a government so much as they're run by corporations who milk you for all you're worth at every turn. Kinda have to suck it up and take it, not much to do about it at this point.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Problem solved.

GabuEx

I'm Morpheus, and everyone else is like Thomas Anderson. They're all trapped in the illusion of the Matrix. I need to fee their minds. Their content with the System exists only because they're deceived by it. The same goes for you. Free your mind.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

I'm Morpheus, and everyone else is like Thomas Anderson. They're all trapped in the illusion of the Matrix. I need to fee their minds. Their content with the System exists only because they're deceived by it.

BluRayHiDef
Your goal is to make people unhappy? You don't seem very nice.
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Xeros606
ITT: we all get trolled softly by a Matrix/Fight Club fan.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Sandvichman

You have a 50000 gamerscore, something tells me you arent living a bad life, i suppose you want to control society, let me tell you, its probably the mostb oring job ever

Where did i say i want to control society? And i'm 18, a student with a lot of free time and i do nothing but play games, that explains the gamerscore. My life is just as bad as everyone elses dont worry.

I dont want to control society though. I wouldnt mind being those filthy rich people who do next to nothing.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

I'm Morpheus, and everyone else is like Thomas Anderson. They're all trapped in the illusion of the Matrix. I need to fee their minds. Their content with the System exists only because they're deceived by it. The same goes for you. Free your mind.

Do I get to learn kung fu and jump like a billion miles in a single bound if I do?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BluRayHiDef

ITT: we all get trolled softly by a Matrix/Fight Club fan.Xeros606

1. I'm not a Fight Club fan.

2. I'm serious about what I'm saying. However, I'm conveying it in a humorous way for fun, but I'm not trying to troll anyone.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

I'm Morpheus, and everyone else is like Thomas Anderson. They're all trapped in the illusion of the Matrix. I need to fee their minds. Their content with the System exists only because they're deceived by it.

xaos
Your goal is to make people unhappy? You don't seem very nice.

so you're more of a blue pill person?
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

It is probably not a good idea to base all your ideals on movies, try reading Nietcheze (sp?) or Ayn Rand.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

iloverikku11

It is probably not a good idea to base all your ideals on movies, try reading Nietcheze (sp?) or Ayn Rand.

That's what I suggested. I haven't read atlas shrugged yet, but I finished Anthem not too long ago and it changed my perspectives on a lot of things
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Leave the system and do everything yourself.. tell me how it works out
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Where did i say i want to control society? And i'm 18, a student with a lot of free time and i do nothing but play games, that explains the gamerscore. My life is just as bad as everyone elses dont worry.

I dont want to control society though. I wouldnt mind being those filthy rich people who do next to nothing.

Bad? You are a student, in a western country, that has time to get a education, hell you dont even have to, just go live in Africa if you want crazy, study a study that will let you do different things, or ignore it all and just go live in tibet. You have a very vague definition of bad.
eightball88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 eightball88
Member since 2003 • 5022 Posts

then go live in the forest and survive off there away from the system,

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"] You have a 50000 gamerscore, something tells me you arent living a bad life, i suppose you want to control society, let me tell you, its probably the mostb oring job ever Sandvichman

Bad? You are a student, in a western country, that has time to get a education, hell you dont even have to, just go live in Africa if you want crazy, study a study that will let you do different things, or ignore it all and just go live in tibet. You have a very vague definition of bad.

I hate when people criticized Africa. It's not as bad as people think. I've got a Nigerian friend and he'd know. Watchthis.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"] You have a 50000 gamerscore, something tells me you arent living a bad life, i suppose you want to control society, let me tell you, its probably the mostb oring job ever Sandvichman

I wasnt saying it was bad but you were saying that i wasnt living a bad life which makes it seem my life is better than most on these forums and i'm just assuring you its not amazing. Our lives are bad, peoples in Africa are worse. I stand by my conviction that life is crap and then you die.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="3riForce"]I'm just playing the game I guess, getting through college to get a degree to get a good job to live a decent life. I don't see deviating from the 'system' as daring, I see it as lazy.eightball88

You must be an Agent. Are you Agent Smith?

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ilovegames1992

Leave the system and do everything yourself.. tell me how it works outdarkfox101

Yes because people dont live off the grid at all.

I guess Freegans live pretty cool lives and they're not part of the system.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Xeros606
[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

I hate when people criticized Africa. It's not as bad as people think. I've got a Nigerian friend and he'd know. Watchthis.

You can blame 'the system' for that.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GabuEx

[QUOTE="eightball88"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

You still haven't told me if I get to learn kung fu and be Superman if I join your cause. This is very important, because if I do then I'm totally all about that.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="eightball88"] then go live in the forest and survive off there away from the system,

GabuEx

You still haven't told me if I get to learn kung fu and be Superman if I join your cause. This is very important, because if I do then I'm totally all about that.

No. You just get to sit at a computer onboard a ship, monitoring my status as I'm plugged into the Matrix freeing more people.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23161 Posts
Did you just watch Fight Club or something?
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

No. You just get to sit at a computer onboard a ship, monitoring my status as I'm plugged into the Matrix freeing more people.

BluRayHiDef

So it's really no better than a desk job then is it? How long do we get for lunch everyday?