Do You Believe Jesus Christ Is The Only Way To Heaven?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

I do, based on John 14:6 - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, The Truth, and the Life: No man cometh to the Father but by Me."
Christ, and Christ alone, is the only way to salvation.
Please note: This topic's purpose is evangelism; please keep the topic relating around Christian subjects - i.e. the Bible, and, of course, the question.
Thank you, and God bless,
Crushmaster.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I believe that Jesus is the sole way to heaven but those who don't believe in him.. Meaning those who haven't had the opportunity to reject Christ can still go to heaven.. But without Christ it wouldn't be possible if that's what your saying.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
i punched a priest, pee'd on a bible and then farted in a nun's face. does that mean aslong as i dont annoy jesus i can still go to heaven?
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Seems way too simplistic...so no I don't.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts

I tell you what I believe, if there is a heaven, Ill get there by doing what is right in my heart and not just following what someone else laid down as a 'stairway to heaven' so to speak.

Now if that means doing what Jesus would what, then fine.

I don't just blindly follow a religion, but I do what I think is right. Not that im perfect, but who is.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
No, I think life is much more complex than that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
You have to accept christ, not just beleive in him.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crushmaster
Seems way too simplistic...so no I don't.jointed
Yes, it is simple. It is simple enough for a child to understand.:) That is the beauty of it - the beauty of the Gospel of Christ. Unless His shed blood covers our sins, heaven is most certainly not our home.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

Ugh... not another one... you're like Jehovah's Witnesses with PCs. >_> 

Anyway, to answer the question - or not, in this case - I believe in neither Jesus nor Heaven so I couldn't give much of an answer here.

darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts
I believe that Jesus is the sole way to heaven but those who don't believe in him.. Meaning those who haven't had the opportunity to reject Christ can still go to heaven.. But without Christ it wouldn't be possible if that's what your saying. ferrari2001
very well said.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Funky_Llama
I believe that Jesus is the sole way to heaven but those who don't believe in him.. Meaning those who haven't had the opportunity to reject Christ can still go to heaven.. But without Christ it wouldn't be possible if that's what your saying. ferrari2001
Based on this, then, it would be best to not tell anyone at all about Christianity, because that way everyone would get to Heaven.
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

Belive in jesus or go to hell

In any other world religion as immoral as that would have be rejected along time ago

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Crushmaster
No, I think life is much more complex than that.Film-Guy

What do you mean?
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Crushmaster

In any other world religion as immoral as that would have be rejected along time ago

htekemerald
How exactly is that "immoral"?
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 harrisi17

htekemerald

yeah, i hear ya, I dislike anyone who blindly follows religion to say they are going to heaven. Most of them are A-holes anyway.

Im gunna live life, be nice, do my best, and see where im at. If its hell then whatever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 123625
And crush these threads should really stop -_-
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="htekemerald"]

Crushmaster

You don't see how anyone could have any moral qualms about the eternal and wholly unncessary torture of billions?
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
Nah. I have a very naive concept that if you're a good person you go to Heaven. (If such exist) I don't follow the Bible, I don't go to church, I don't pray. I'm rather indifferent about this now. I just don't know. If I think about "religion" it feels very natural and ridiculous at the same time. A way to deceive ourselves from the inevitable fact that we will die and that's the end of it. But just like others, I don't like to think like that and therefore hope there to be a God.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Funky_Llama
And crush these threads should really stop -_-123625
I think the Second Coming is more likely to happen than that, and I'm an atheist. >_>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 123625
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]

Funky_Llama

You don't see how anyone could have any moral qualms about the eternal and wholly unncessary torture of billions?

Can't speak for Crush, but I don't see Hell as a place of eternal torture...

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"]Seems way too simplistic...so no I don't.Crushmaster
Yes, it is simple. It is simple enough for a child to understand.:) That is the beauty of it - the beauty of the Gospel of Christ. Unless His shed blood covers our sins, heaven is most certainly not our home.

Son, you're-a creepin' me out.
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
No, I do not believe in Jesus nor do I believe there is a heaven.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 harrisi17

Nah. I have a very naive concept that if you're a good person you go to Heaven. (If such exist) I don't follow the Bible, I don't go to church, I don't pray. I'm rather indifferent about this now. I just don't know. If I think about "religion" it feels very natural and ridiculous at the same time. A way to deceive ourselves from the inevitable fact that we will die and that's the end of it. But just like others, I don't like to think like that and therefore hope there to be a God.-eddy-

im with you, the thread should end here.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"] How exactly is that "immoral"?123625

I think we can safely assume that Mister Fire-and-brimstone over there does. :P Anyway, I'm intrigued - what do you see it as?
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 harrisi17

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="jointed"]Seems way too simplistic...so no I don't.luke1889

no joke

mumamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#27 mumamax
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
if hevan is ture no i dont think so but no one will ever know if it is true it may be it may not be who knows
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]Crushmaster

I seriouslly doubt that humans have the ability to really comprahend the true meaning of a higher power and the meaning of life. That is what I mean.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Crushmaster
Nah. I have a very naive concept that if you're a good person you go to Heaven. (If such exist) I don't follow the Bible, I don't go to church, I don't pray. I'm rather indifferent about this now. I just don't know. If I think about "religion" it feels very natural and ridiculous at the same time. A way to deceive ourselves from the inevitable fact that we will die and that's the end of it. But just like others, I don't like to think like that and therefore hope there to be a God.-eddy-
Only Christianity isn't a religion. It is a relationship - a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="jointed"]Seems way too simplistic...so no I don't.luke1889

Why exactly does that creep you out?
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Funky_Llama

Pfft. Surely everyone can see that if I stab someone, it's OK as long as acknowledge that someone was nailed to a tree two millenia ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 123625
[QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]You don't see how anyone could have any moral qualms about the eternal and wholly unncessary torture of billions?Funky_Llama

I think we can safely assume that Mister Fire-and-brimstone over there does. :P Anyway, I'm intrigued - what do you see it as?

A place without God, just as I see heaven as place with God.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 harrisi17
[QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]You don't see how anyone could have any moral qualms about the eternal and wholly unncessary torture of billions?Funky_Llama

A place with a non-stop concert of Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Godsmack, System of a Down,... Where everyone walks around naked and having fun. :)

oh, wait, thats ozzfest.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="-eddy-"]Nah. I have a very naive concept that if you're a good person you go to Heaven. (If such exist) I don't follow the Bible, I don't go to church, I don't pray. I'm rather indifferent about this now. I just don't know. If I think about "religion" it feels very natural and ridiculous at the same time. A way to deceive ourselves from the inevitable fact that we will die and that's the end of it. But just like others, I don't like to think like that and therefore hope there to be a God.Crushmaster
Only Christianity isn't a religion. It is a relationship - a relationship with Jesus Christ.

:roll: Yes, very nice. And how is something being a relationship with your chosen messiah mutually exclusive with it being a religion?
-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts

[QUOTE="-eddy-"]Nah. I have a very naive concept that if you're a good person you go to Heaven. (If such exist) I don't follow the Bible, I don't go to church, I don't pray. I'm rather indifferent about this now. I just don't know. If I think about "religion" it feels very natural and ridiculous at the same time. A way to deceive ourselves from the inevitable fact that we will die and that's the end of it. But just like others, I don't like to think like that and therefore hope there to be a God.Crushmaster

Christianity is a religion whether you like it or not.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="123625"]

Isn't Earth a place without God?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 123625
[QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]I think we can safely assume that Mister Fire-and-brimstone over there does. :P Anyway, I'm intrigued - what do you see it as?Funky_Llama

Except in hell you know God exists, earth eh, not so much.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Crushmaster

It is described in the Scriptures as a place of eternal fire torment for those who hacve not accepted Christ as their Savior and repent of their sins. Another place says "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". But God's Son, Jesus Christ, can save us from it. Because if we have accepted Him as savior and repent of our sins, His Blood will cover our sins, and we will be saved from the eternal damnation of hell.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 luke1889
[QUOTE="luke1889"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"] Yes, it is simple. It is simple enough for a child to understand.:) That is the beauty of it - the beauty of the Gospel of Christ. Unless His shed blood covers our sins, heaven is most certainly not our home.Crushmaster

Why exactly does that creep you out?

'Cause the way I sees it, you're speakin' complete jibber jabber, boy.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="123625"] A place without God, just as I see heaven as place with God.123625

That doesn't sound so hellish after all. :P
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
i dont wanna think of an eternity of anything. but i will say this i do not believe jesus to be the son of god i will acknowledge the exsistence of jesus as a normal man who was kind and died for what he believed but he was not the son of the creators of this world or the universe. now kindly take your religious threads to a religious forum.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 luke1889
[QUOTE="luke1889"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"] Yes, it is simple. It is simple enough for a child to understand.:) That is the beauty of it - the beauty of the Gospel of Christ. Unless His shed blood covers our sins, heaven is most certainly not our home.Funky_Llama

Pfft. Surely everyone can see that if I stab someone, it's OK as long as acknowledge that someone was nailed to a tree two millenia ago.

Too right. That's why I ordered myself one o' them chef's knives murder kit thingymajigs off the shopping channel.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Crushmaster

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]Film-Guy

I seriouslly doubt that humans have the ability to really comprahend the true meaning of a higher power and the meaning of life. That is what I mean.

If that is true, how come many, many small children have comprehended it?
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="123625"]

Crushmaster

It is described in the Scriptures as a place of eternal fire torment for those who hacve not accepted Christ as their Savior and repent of their sins. Another place says "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". But God's Son, Jesus Christ, can save us from it. Because if we have accepted Him as savior and repent of our sins, His Blood will cover our sins, and we will be saved from the eternal damnation of hell.

See, now how is that either fair or necessary? It would be better for God just to destroy unsaved humans when they die. No eternal torture necessary. As it is, I haven't committed infinite sin, so why should I suffer infinitely? Besides... that it says that in the messy, evil mess that is the Old Testament is irrelevant, given that plenty of Christians take the OT with a pinch of salt.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
I used to, but not anymore. Now I just don't care anymore. I'm tired of hearing about all this crap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 123625

[QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]Isn't Earth a place without God?Funky_Llama

That doesn't sound so hellish after all. :P

Well that's enough of my beleif imparted for the day!

Cyas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"]Seems way too simplistic...so no I don't.Crushmaster

Oh geeze :roll: