Do u believe The Secret ( get anything with ur thoughts ! )

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
Uh I don't believe in that at all :|
madaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 madaka
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
guyzz it's not magic or spell.Just wantin something so much and u reach that.Dont people reach their goals ? oww :?
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I'm close to reaching my goal in life but I don't think the law of attraction had much to do with it.
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
[QUOTE="honkyjoe"]If everyone got what they wished for then every 10 year old girl would be hanging out with Myley Cyrus.madaka

Reachable goals must be wished :?

Well, then this whole "getting anything with your thoughts" is a lie, is it not? ;)
madaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 madaka
I'm close to reaching my goal in life but I don't think the law of attraction had much to do with it.Kikouken

even u believe it or not it always works like other laws of the universe :)
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts

madaka
Wanna know why you get some things in life? It's because you work hard to get it. You work harder than normal, you're going to get that reward. Just wishing it while doing nothing isn't going to get you far. The whole "my friends asked me to hang out with them three days later" seems more like a coincidence than it being this "get anything with your thoughts" idea.
madaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 madaka
[QUOTE="madaka"]
ayanami_rei
Wanna know why you get some things in life? It's because you work hard to get it. You work harder than normal, you're going to get that reward. Just wishing it while doing nothing isn't going to get you far. The whole "my friends asked me to hang out with them three days later" seems more like a coincidence than it being this "get anything with your thoughts" idea.

i know u need moves to reach goals either..I mean main thing is ur thoughts,dreams.2nd step is doin alot for it
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

Getting what you want in your mind by wishing and believing? Isn't that called prayer? Jesus said when you pray, you should believe that you already got your prayers answered.

Yawn, yet again, mankind slowly catches up with things Christianity has had for thousands of years.

madaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 madaka

Getting what you want in your mind by thinking and believing? Isn't that called prayer? Jesus said when you pray, you should believe that you already got your prayers answered.

Yawn, yet again, mankind slowly catches up with things Christianity has had for thousands of years.

Silenthps
already I had thought there's a connection between prayin and secret stuff..their main is believein and wantin !! trustin ur self..
Kalel559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

#60 Kalel559
Member since 2003 • 9621 Posts
I think it just panders to many of societies desires. They want this easy fix for their situations. The tools behind it like positive thinking (aka being optimistic) aren't anything special to "The Secret" but the whole package bills itself as something big when it's not. People are just looking for something to try and this happened to scratch their itch. Too bad it's mostly crap.
madaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 madaka
going on my life with secret really :) I cant be without positive thoughts :P
Xzaxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Xzaxs
Member since 2007 • 4828 Posts
No. No evidence to support it. The world keeps spinning whether you like it or not. We are a Closed System!

Now placebos are a nurtural thing on the other hand :P

dainjah1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dainjah1010
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts

Just looking up The Secret and 'law of attraction' and it sound like complete new age garbage and wishful thinking. Seems like every sporting/talent competition destroys this 'law of attraction' hypothesis. Everybody wants to win, everybody wished to win, but only a handful of people actually win...

Besides, Why do you need books and dvds to realize that wanting something, setting goals, and working hard will often help you achieve your dream. It is common sense, no need for the magical thinking and "harmonizing vibrations." Too bad gullible people are duped by the self-help hype garbage everyday.

linklb4130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 linklb4130
Member since 2003 • 1737 Posts
that would be awesome to be able to do that.
madaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 madaka

Just looking up The Secret and 'law of attraction' and it sound like complete new age garbage and wishful thinking. Seems like every sporting/talent competition destroys this 'law of attraction' hypothesis. Everybody wants to win, everybody wished to win, but only a handful of people actually win...

Besides, Why do you need books and dvds to realize that wanting something, setting goals, and working hard will often help you achieve your dream. It is common sense, no need for the magical thinking and "harmonizing vibrations." Too bad gullible people are duped by the self-help hype garbage everyday.

dainjah1010

thinkin in yourself isnt bad I guess..already World is like that = The Secret Fans and Against The Secret Fans :)
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

It's not really a secret but most people simply never think about it and never realise how it works exactly. If you want to get somewhere and you believe you can achieve it, then you'll find a way eventually. But if you think you'll fail or you aren't willing to work towards your goal, then you'll fail. Basically you can solve any problem and reach any goal as long as you think positive and believe in yourself. It's not some sort of magic trick that will give you something you want instantly but you'll be able to see the necessary steps that you must take to reach your goal.

So, think positive, have faith in yourself and never think you will fail. That's basically what the secret is. This sounds easier said then done. I think most people fail because they think about a goal and then think something like "but that's going to take ages" or "but I don't want to do that all of that to get to the goal", then obviously you won't reach your goal because you aren't willing to work your way towards it.

So, it's not magic, it's a way of thinking. Pretty much everyone does this most of the time but your mind can get clouded by negative thoughts, which will make you stop trying to achieve your goals. The secret basically tells you to stop thinking about the negative things, so that you'll be constantly working your way towards your goals. This way you'll get things you want faster but not instantly, simply much faster. It takes a lot of mental discipline to be able to do that on command.

madaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 madaka

It's not really a secret but most people simply never think about it and never realise how it works exactly. If you want to get somewhere and you believe you can achieve it, then you'll find a way eventually. But if you think you'll fail or you aren't willing to work towards your goal, then you'll fail. Basically you can solve any problem and reach any goal as long as you think positive and believe in yourself. It's not some sort of magic trick that will give you something you want instantly but you'll be able to see the necessary steps that you must take to reach your goal.

So, think positive, have faith in yourself and never think you will fail. That's basically what the secret is. This sounds easier said then done. I think most people fail because they think about a goal and then think something like "but that's going to take ages" or "but I don't want to do that all of that to get to the goal", then obviously you won't reach your goal because you aren't willing to work your way towards it.

So, it's not magic, it's a way of thinking. Pretty much everyone does this most of the time but your mind can get clouded by negative thoughts, which will make you stop trying to achieve your goals. The secret basically tells you to stop thinking about the negative things, so that you'll be constantly working your way towards your goals. This way you'll get things you want faster but not instantly, simply much faster. It takes a lot of mental discipline to be able to do that on command.

BlackAlpha666

thanks for explaning all my main thought.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

It's not really a secret but most people simply never think about it and never realise how it works exactly. If you want to get somewhere and you believe you can achieve it, then you'll find a way eventually.

BlackAlpha666

Okay. I want to travel to the other side of the galaxy. If I believe it hard enough...

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="honkyjoe"]If everyone got what they wished for then every 10 year old girl would be hanging out with Myley Cyrus.madaka

Reachable goals must be wished :?

And enacted; don't forget that part. After all, if wishes were horses, we'd all ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="Kikouken"]I'm close to reaching my goal in life but I don't think the law of attraction had much to do with it.madaka

I don't care if people want to have whacked out self-help beliefs, but please don't abuse science by treating your nutty philosophy as a "law of the universe". I've briefly perused and seen how people try to conflate this with quantum physics, and it's just flat out dumb.
Shadow-Syn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Shadow-Syn
Member since 2006 • 1194 Posts
Yes this works. The bigger the wish the more undoubting belief you must have to achieve the wish, clarity of what you must do to have the desired will come into play soon after. It doesn't work if you have the slightest doubts....this mainly happens when others tell them they can't. ....something I've seen the elitist of humans tell the masses to minimize competition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 194197844077667059316682358889
Yes this works. The bigger the wish the more undoubting belief you must have to achieve the wish, clarity of what you must do to have the desired will come into play soon after. It doesn't work if you have the slightest doubts....this mainly happens when others tell them they can't. ....something I've seen the elitist of humans tell the masses to minimize competition Shadow-Syn
What a convenient out for when it doesn't work: "Oh, you must not have focused hard enough; sry!" P.S. Doesn't this mean clinically insane people should have all sorts of superpowers, since they can unquestioningly believe that they can fly or whatever?
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Dosen't happen.
Shadow-Syn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Shadow-Syn

[QUOTE="Shadow-Syn"]Yes this works. The bigger the wish the more undoubting belief you must have to achieve the wish, clarity of what you must do to have the desired will come into play soon after. It doesn't work if you have the slightest doubts....this mainly happens when others tell them they can't. ....something I've seen the elitist of humans tell the masses to minimize competition xaos
What a convenient out for when it doesn't work: "Oh, you must not have focused hard enough; sry!" P.S. Doesn't this mean clinically insane people should have all sorts of superpowers, since they can unquestioningly believe that they can fly or whatever?

The human mind is the most powerful tool in the universe. Doubting it's unlimited potential is the main reason why humans create so much problems for themselves. They want... but don't know how or are too skeptical and scared to believe. There are humans that can do super human feats...always have been since the creation of man, mythology and religion hints at this also. You have to believe in order to achieve. Don't doubt the clinically insane because they are some of the most remarkable humans on the planet. It's arrogance trying to explain why they don't think the same as the rest. If you haven't seen any amazing human feats... that doesn't mean they don't exist. hiding great power is a must when facing ridicule and experimentation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="Shadow-Syn"]Yes this works. The bigger the wish the more undoubting belief you must have to achieve the wish, clarity of what you must do to have the desired will come into play soon after. It doesn't work if you have the slightest doubts....this mainly happens when others tell them they can't. ....something I've seen the elitist of humans tell the masses to minimize competition Shadow-Syn

The human mind is the most powerful tool in the universe. Doubting it's unlimited potential is the main reason why humans create so much problems for themselves. They want... but don't know how or are too skeptical and scared to believe. There are humans that can do super human feats...always have been since the creation of man, mythology and religion hints at this also. You have to believe in order to achieve. Don't doubt the clinically insane because they are some of the most remarkable humans on the planet. It's arrogance trying to explain why they don't think the same as the rest. If you haven't seen any amazing human feats... that doesn't mean they don't exist. hiding great power is a must when facing ridicule and experimentation.

I'd think someone would just think that they are Superman or God and take over the world; voila, no fear of experimentation. The human mind is remarkable, but trying to ascribe mystical properties to it, to me, degrades how amazing it is in reality.
skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 skivit
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]

[QUOTE="madaka"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]I don't quite understand.madaka

it's like power of the mind ! man it's simple ! u think and get ur wishes..

I get that but what's with the whole "secret" thing?

Whenever I work hard enough to get it. Other people don't?

it makes book mistery already.that's why people buy.it says it was secret and hidden for ages but now it's released..:?

Ive never once complained about someones grammar on the internet, but dear god... Reading what you have got to say just makes my head hurt.
Drakorain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Drakorain
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts
I believe I can fly. I'll prove it to you doubters by jumping off a building. Brb.
Shadow-Syn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Shadow-Syn
[QUOTE="Shadow-Syn"]

[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="Shadow-Syn"]Yes this works. The bigger the wish the more undoubting belief you must have to achieve the wish, clarity of what you must do to have the desired will come into play soon after. It doesn't work if you have the slightest doubts....this mainly happens when others tell them they can't. ....something I've seen the elitist of humans tell the masses to minimize competition xaos

I'd think someone would just think that they are Superman or God and take over the world; voila, no fear of experimentation. The human mind is remarkable, but trying to ascribe mystical properties to it, to me, degrades how amazing it is in reality.

I respect your logic but it's based on controlled teachings....As the world turns ...in time the vail will be lifted. Good day humans. Take care and be fair. =)

madaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 madaka

[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="Shadow-Syn"]Yes this works. The bigger the wish the more undoubting belief you must have to achieve the wish, clarity of what you must do to have the desired will come into play soon after. It doesn't work if you have the slightest doubts....this mainly happens when others tell them they can't. ....something I've seen the elitist of humans tell the masses to minimize competition Shadow-Syn

not universe.there are more intelligent civ. than us...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="Shadow-Syn"]

I respect your logic but it's based on controlled teachings....As the world turns ...in time the vail will be lifted. Good day humans. Take care and be fair. =)

Fair enough; for some, believing is seeing, but for me it definitely works in the other direction.
zombieman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#81 zombieman666
Member since 2006 • 3514 Posts

The secret ( dvd and book both ) sold millions in a few years.People believed and got whatever they desire in their minds by thinking and wanting always ( thoughts ) do u believe in this stuff ? actually it works 4 me :P What About You ???madaka

Is this that oprah thing?

Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
No, I don't believe it. It's simply wishful thinking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 194197844077667059316682358889
No, I don't believe it. It's simply wishful thinking.ElectronicMagic
Literally :P