Did you see WW II movie Fury (2014)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Saw it today, its pretty darn good for a World War II movie ... imo. Sherman tank US crew vs tigers,SS. Plus whole casts acting was pretty good and realistic ( Brad Pitt as a ruthless sgt, Shia Le Beouf as a religious gunner and Logan Lerman just a kid first time in war (Percy Jackson)). Its tragic but thats how wars are.

Did you see WW II movie Fury (2014)? Whats your opinion on it ? If you love war movies or tanks, i recommend it highly :)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I haven't seen it yet.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

It was ok. Some gripes about how they handled the fight,

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

awesome film, but the final fight was exaggerate

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I never watch anything that has to do with wars (unless it's fantasy) or the military. Glad you enjoyed it though =)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@indzman said:

Saw it today, its pretty darn good for a World War II movie ... imo. Sherman tank US crew vs tigers,SS. Plus whole casts acting was pretty good and realistic ( Brad Pitt as a ruthless sgt, Shia Le Beouf as a religious gunner and Logan Lerman just a kid first time in war (Percy Jackson)). Its tragic but thats how wars are.

Did you see WW II movie Fury (2014)? Whats your opinion on it ? If you love war movies or tanks, i recommend it highly :)

Fury is a Sherman Firefly tank which has a high-velocity 76mm gun. It could have taken a Tiger tank from the flanks instead of from the rear only. The footage showing a Tiger wiping out a tank platoon effortlessly is probably very accurate. If the Tiger fired from a concealed position instead of out in the open, there would be no survivors. The movie would have ended right there. He He.

The last battle was overdone. Most German infantry would have flanked the tank easily plus, they had large numbers of Panzerfausts by that time. Still, it was good entertainment.

The events in the movie took place in Spring 1945. After what happened in Malmedy, it would have been very bad for a Gestapo SS to be captured.

I like the movie. I'd definitely buy the Blu Ray release.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 indzman

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@indzman said:

Fury is a Sherman Firefly tank which has a high-velocity 76mm gun. It could have taken a Tiger tank from the flanks instead of from the rear only. The footage showing a Tiger wiping out a tank platoon effortlessly is probably very accurate. If the Tiger fired from a concealed position instead of out in the open, there would be no survivors. The movie would have ended right there. He He.

The last battle was overdone. Most German infantry would have flanked the tank easily plus, they had large numbers of Panzerfausts by that time. Still, it was good entertainment.

The events in the movie took place in Spring 1945. After what happened in Malmedy, it would have been very bad for a Gestapo SS to be captured.

I like the movie. I'd definitely buy the Blu Ray release.

The war veterans ( specially Sherman crew from real life ) saying its historically accurate Sherman flanking the tiger :)

Yeah, end became Saving Private Ryan HeHe

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Not yet but plan on picking it up when it's released.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It's good, but it lacks a lot of what I was going in, expecting to see... you know, tank combat.

I was also expecting a bit more movie as well. It felt like it ran short.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

They're driving an Easy Eight, one of my favorite tanks from WW2.

I thought the movie was fantastic with the exception of the last scene. It was a little over the top.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

The section that most seem to complain about is the best part. The characters never break free from their archetype and the last third is terrible.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

It was an ok movie, nothing special imo. I laughed several times during the movie because of Brad Pitt, his Aldo Raine character from Inglourious Basterds kept shining through, and I just couldn't take it seriously at times :p

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@indzman said:

what? no love for jon bernthal?

i thought he stole the whole show as the big dumb goofball.

anyway it was pretty good.

i prolly would not have bothered going to see it if i was not eyeball deep into world of tanks at the time.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Have it on my hard drive just haven't watched it yet.

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

Meh. Wouldn't watch it twice.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By indzman

@Riverwolf007 said:

@indzman said:

what? no love for jon bernthal?

i thought he stole the whole show as the big dumb goofball.

anyway it was pretty good.

i prolly would not have bothered going to see it if i was not eyeball deep into world of tanks at the time.

I liked him too, he was good in all his movies ( Wolf of Wall Street, Grudge Match ). I liked him more when he apologised to Norman, before he was coming off as a asshole to norman, but after that scene it showed he got heart too :)

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I liked it up to the ending point, Went way too Hollywood action at that point and felt disconnected from the setting you had settled for in the movie.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#19 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Good movie. Nothing exceptional or anything, but certainly good. A nice popcorn WW2 film.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#20 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Yeah I watched it. Liked it.