Did I watch the right version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

So I just watched Salt, and from what I read online it seemed like the best of the versions was the Director's Cut. Now, the movie was actually rather enjoyable even with the simply explained plot (saved by the twists that were left and right). I was wondering if his is really the best version to have watched, anyone have any opinions on this?

mike_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mike_me
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts

It was okay, but I much prefer the sequel, Pepper.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
I think I also watched the Directers Cut. Is that the version where -Spoiler- Her boyfriend does in fact get drowned by the russian dude in that ship and then in the end she goes back to the place in russia where she was raised and blows the whole place sky high? -spoiler- Cuz if so, I think that was the better version. I've heard friends describe the theotrical release to me and I thought the one i saw sounded better.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I think I also watched the Directers Cut. Is that the version where -Spoiler- Her boyfriend does in fact get drowned by the russian dude in that ship and then in the end she goes back to the place in russia where she was raised and blows the whole place sky high? -spoiler- Cuz if so, I think that was the better version. I've heard friends describe the theotrical release to me and I thought the one i saw sounded better.JPOBS

I think that was the extended cut, the one I watched Spoiler Alert had her boyfriend die the same way, but she proceeded to kill the russians in the ship and at the end she jumped out of the helicopter and was running through the forest when a voiceover came in saying how a russian spy basically became president of the US. The version you're talking about sounds like it ended better since this one really left a lot of room open for a potential sequel.