Did I take this a little too far?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for clash76-grunger
clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 clash76-grunger
Member since 2008 • 1203 Posts

I just had a not-too-pleasent expierience at a theme park in Pittsburgh. I was walking with some of my (white)american friends, getting ready to get in line at one of the rollercoasters, and 2 african american kids, maybe a year or two older than us, shoved us aside, knocking one of my not-so-strong friends to the ground, and me into the railing. Me, being mpulsive and having a filthy sailor mouth said, "Woah, who the **** do you think you are?"

At first they were a bit suprised I didn't have an american accent, but they bounced back real quick with the silly american civil war and slavery BS, calling us "whitey,white boy, crackers" and other silly white racial slander. I was suprised they even knew why they were slightly racist and rude to us. I was mortified. I couldn't believe they for one said that to me, becuase I am not even from America. I stopped for a second to help up my friend, and I then started, "Well I did a little history test last year, and I found out you are in the North. There wasn't slavery anywhere near where we are right now, and if you are anything bitter towards my american friend, you have no God damn right to be bitter towards him. He had no control over what his ancestors did, and I doubt he has any heritage relating to them, so you owe him an apology. Learn your history before you act like a jackass in public."

I then realized what I just said, and looked how tall they were. I'll be honest, I was scared ****less. I felt so stupid, and expected to get the **** kicked out of my, but I stood my ground and waited to be shot to pieces, but instead they turned around, and continued pushing people to get to the front of the line. I was never so angry and scared at once, but I felt as if i did something right, but am still a little unsure if I went overboard.

*discuss*

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Epic win.
smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
i dont see anything wrong with that
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
You pwned them with facts, that's awesome.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
You pwned them with facts, that's awesome.Tuky06
Yeah, but he could've been shot, if he wasn't lucky.
smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
you destoryed them
clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clash76-grunger
Alright, i sort of felt rude, but now I feel all better cuz GS saved teh day!!!
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Tuky06"]You pwned them with facts, that's awesome.hydralisk86

lol.

What makes you say that?

Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts

He could have also been shot if he hadn't tried to get rid of those d-bags.
Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
ROFL I wouldn't have been able to shoot that load of facts at them, I'd have shoved my fist to their faces first... talk second.. congrats on that.
purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts

No you didn't go too far. They were being jerks and you pointed it out properly. As for the insults they said, thats just typical America culture now (as sad as it is, you should try to get used to it) :s

Also, Pittsburgh did have slavery before the war (though they outlawed it in the early 19th century) and blacks were frowned down upon in the North and looked at as underlings to whites during the war.

clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clash76-grunger

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="Tuky06"]You pwned them with facts, that's awesome.Shad0ki11

lol.

What makes you say that?

I lawled at the pwned them with facts.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts
I think your situation was a rare one. I know personally I've never had something like that happen to me, but if I did I probably would have reacted in a similar way. It is sad though that in many part of the US, racism, on both sides, still exists. It isn't always out in the open, but it is there insubtleways. Those kids that did that may have acted out with racism, because of the crap our country still subjects much of our African American population to. They are still highly marginalized by various sectors of society, a society that is mostly run by whites. But regardless, racism is never justified or right, and I am sorry that happened to you and your friend.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

Lawlz. Because we all know the incidents of murder by gunshot at amusement parks is frighteningly high.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347
deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts
Well you did a good job standing up for yourself
dackchaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dackchaar
Member since 2005 • 3668 Posts
I would've fought them probably, and if I started to get pwnt then I'd run the heck out of there.
shyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shyskillz
Member since 2006 • 4197 Posts
they sound like bullies to me. if they did used those lame terms then you guys should of kicked their asses. i for one is not going to let anyone push me aside and talk crap to me.....i don't care what race you are, itz wrong.
clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clash76-grunger

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="Tuky06"]You pwned them with facts, that's awesome.Shad0ki11

lol.

What makes you say that?

I was tempted to say the horrible things that the Africans did, in the ancient times, like about cannabalism and stuff, but the amusement park shooting idea gave me chills and I was very busy working explitives into my speech. I guess I didn't have that much bawlz, but I had enough to get me through the part that put a shock to the system

Blin220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blin220
Member since 2004 • 603 Posts

I just had a not-too-pleasent expierience at a theme park in Pittsburgh. I was walking with some of my (white)american friends, getting ready to get in line at one of the rollercoasters, and 2 african american kids, maybe a year or two older than us, shoved us aside, knocking one of my not-so-strong friends to the ground, and me into the railing. Me, being mpulsive and having a filthy sailor mouth said, "Woah, who the **** do you think you are?"

At first they were a bit suprised I didn't have an american accent, but they bounced back real quick with the silly american civil war and slavery BS, calling us "whitey,white boy, crackers" and other silly white racial slander. I was suprised they even knew why they were slightly racist and rude to us. I was mortified. I couldn't believe they for one said that to me, becuase I am not even from America. I stopped for a second to help up my friend, and I then started, "Well I did a little history test last year, and I found out you are in the North. There wasn't slavery anywhere near where we are right now, and if you are anything bitter towards my american friend, you have no God damn right to be bitter towards him. He had no control over what his ancestors did, and I doubt he has any heritage relating to them, so you owe him an apology. Learn your history before you act like a jackass in public."

I then realized what I just said, and looked how tall they were. I'll be honest, I was scared ****less. I felt so stupid, and expected to get the **** kicked out of my, but I stood my ground and waited to be shot to pieces, but instead they turned around, and continued pushing people to get to the front of the line. I was never so angry and scared at once, but I felt as if i did something right, but am still a little unsure if I went overboard.

*discuss*

clash76-grunger

you did nothing wrong, at all. I'm sure they had nothing to say to you which is probably why the continued being ignorant. You won :]

kdsns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kdsns
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

What exactly does calling you a white boy or cracker have to do with the civil war? If you want my opinion, it sounds like you went off on some irrelevant rant over nothing and they probably thought you had lost your **** mind.

And they say americans are bad. Jeez. You got into a fight over slavery because a black guy pushed your friend at an amusement park? Where exactly are you from if your not from america?

Xxgood-timesXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xxgood-timesXx
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts
goodjob you took them down with words, you dident go to far, but if i were you i wouldave probably gone to violence.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts

/epic clap

You, good sir, win 5000 INTERNETS!!

BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#23 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
I dont see you doing anything wrong.
clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clash76-grunger

What exactly does calling you a white boy or cracker have to do with the civil war? If you want my opinion it sounds like you went off on some irrelevant rant over nothing and they probably thought you had lost your **** mind.

And they say americans are bad. Jeez.

kdsns

I think it was their defense on why they had a right to push me aside.

Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
[QUOTE="kdsns"]

What exactly does calling you a white boy or cracker have to do with the civil war? If you want my opinion it sounds like you went off on some irrelevant rant over nothing and they probably thought you had lost your **** mind.

clash76-grunger

Maybe you think too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

/epic clap

You, good sir, win 5000 INTERNETS!!

scorch-62
she has a green eye... and a pink eye?
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
[QUOTE="clash76-grunger"][QUOTE="kdsns"]What exactly does calling you a white boy or cracker have to do with the civil war? If you want my opinion it sounds like you went off on some irrelevant rant over nothing and they probably thought you had lost your **** mind.

And they say americans are bad. Jeez.Krigen89

African Americans do tend to hold slavery against all white people when they are questioned.

clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clash76-grunger
[QUOTE="clash76-grunger"][QUOTE="kdsns"]

Krigen89

Agreed, i should stop. On the other hand, I think its think about what would happen if I stopped thinking...

-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
Don't do that again. Honestly its best to walk away and ignore them. You could have gotten your ass kicked really bad or shot (yes with a gun). Trust me it could happen.
clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clash76-grunger
[QUOTE="Krigen89"][QUOTE="clash76-grunger"][QUOTE="kdsns"]

clash76-grunger

Agreed, i should stop. On the other hand, I think I should think about what would happen if I stopped thinking...

clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clash76-grunger
[QUOTE="Krigen89"][QUOTE="clash76-grunger"][QUOTE="kdsns"]

clash76-grunger

Agreed, i should stop. On the other hand, I think I should think about what would happen if I stopped thinking...

Memberino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Memberino
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
Well done! Its great you stood up to them and if you do indeed have a Scottish accent then thats extra intimidating.
kdsns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kdsns
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
So youre saying it was them that brought up slavery? If so than i guess it was their fault and they were just looking to get a rise out of you. If you were able to get them to just walk away than you did the right thing.
_-MURS-_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 _-MURS-_
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I think thats a bit much...seems kind of weird to start shouting out facts when its clear they dont care.

But wheres Slapshot and psuedodog or w/e withtheir opinions on the subject matter

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#35 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
Sounds fair.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts

You epitomise the Scottish: awesome.

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Maybe in total there were 5 of them. And three of them said, "you two go in line we go to piss". So the 3 go to pee, and on the way there one breaks his leg or has a heart attack or a seizure, and the other two were rushing to go get their other party members.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
i think you destroyed them with knowledge which is awesome. You didnt go overboard because they were just using a pathetic excuse to cut in line.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts

Why did you think you could have been shot?

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
hilarious. you sir win a LUL
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
You outsmarted them, good job. Violence is not the answer!
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
it's true that sometimes minorities use racism as a scapegoat.
Avatar image for SylentButDeadly
SylentButDeadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SylentButDeadly
Member since 2008 • 437 Posts

*discuss*

clash76-grunger

You come off as a little bit nerdy and immature right there. My response(I got anger issues) would be:

You mess with us one more ****in time and ill slit your ****in throat right here you piece of trash n*****!

If they did anything after that, my Sig Sauer knife would come out(depending on where I am, such as like on the streets versus a crowded movie theater). If all else fails, I use my fists. Im pretty big with quiet a bit of muscle at 6'1, 190 pounds. My UFC hat that I constantly ware also is a deterant.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
why would it become a dispute about history if someone has shoved you out of line? morality is suspended for the purposes of theme parks, and so I say, you shoulda messed em up
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Wow, what douches. Let me see if I can pull that if somebody pulls that on me. I'll just say that my heritage pretty much dates back to Ellis Island and see what they have to say.
error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 error11
Member since 2006 • 7163 Posts

You pwned them with facts, that's awesome.Tuky06

LOL! So true!

omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts
Nice.
heyfunboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 heyfunboy
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts
Take it to them boys. BTW: Did they get escorted outta the park for cutting and being jerks?
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

ROFL I wouldn't have been able to shoot that load of facts at them, I'd have shoved my fist to their faces first... talk second.. congrats on that.Krigen89

My instinct aswell..

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts
You kinda left us hanging...did anything else happen? Did they get away with cutting in line?