Did anyone like Lwaxana Troi or Wesley Crusher?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Hello. I was wondering if anyone liked these characters? Repeatedly used throughout the series. If you, exist please explain why.

Someone must have liked them.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

as a concept wesley was pretty stupid but i still liked him. hell, he saved the ship every other episode.

troi's mom was always funny. i don't care that she got the gig because she was roddenberry's wife.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uninspiredcup

She was? **** me. Never new that.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Riverwolf007

@uninspiredcup: also in the 1st pilot episode she was this badass 1st officer that was in charge of the ship when the captain was away but the network killed the idea because they didn't want a woman in charge of the enterprise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_One_%28Star_Trek%29

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Riverwolf007

oh yeah i forgot, she was also the ships computer voice in next gen.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

Fascinating. TOS is on netflix as well. I heard the cartoon was suppose to be decent. Even though it kind of looked shit.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Riverwolf007

@uninspiredcup said:

Fascinating. TOS is on netflix as well. I heard the cartoon was suppose to be decent. Even though it kind of looked shit.

the cartoon is not too bad.

it had all the actors except the guy that played chekov and the series writers also wrote the cartoon.

it's kinda cheesy but no more really than tos.

larry niven even wrote one of them.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

She was? **** me. Never new that.

Where have you been? Majell Barrett has been part of Star Trek lore, albeit in different guises, since the original series. The same goes for many actors and actresses.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

At first I hated Lwaxana but after awhile I found her to be far less annoying than her daughter. Every aspect of her existence feels shoe-horned in, but she's a better actress than the bland and monotone Marina Sirtis so I can tolerate her.

I really enjoyed Wesley. He was a pompous idiot dick for the majority of the series from start to finish, but he brought a bit of variety of interesting situations into the show.

Honestly, both these characters make me remember why I enjoyed DS9 way more.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I found the Lwaxana episodes okay on both TNG and DS9. I especially like the one where she was kidnapped by the Ferengi and Picard had to go on the rescue.

The Wesley Crusher episodes were somewhat lukewarm. But, one episode I liked was the one in TNG where Wesley and the crew were acting drunk and the ship was about to collide with an asteroid(?).

Wil Wheaton is very active in all types of media including video games. I think he is featured in a new Netflix documentary about video games. The show had to be relatively new because I saw footages of FC4 in it.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup
@KHAndAnime said:

At first I hated Lwaxana but after awhile I found her to be far less annoying than her daughter. Every aspect of her existence feels shoe-horned in, but she's a better actress than the bland and monotone Marina Sirtis so I can tolerate her.

I didn't like her much either. The episode "face of the enemy" in which she has to pretend to be Romulan was probably the worst episode of the series imo partly due to her acting abilities.

Quite liked Beverly Crusher: however she barely got any character centric episodes to make her more interesting. About the closing thing being "Ethics" and "Attached". Marina Sirtis, much like Seven Of Nine was paraded around in her tight cat suit to appeal to male audiences.

For most of the good episodes it tended to be Picard, Data, Riker and Worf. While Deep Space 9's wider array of characters were almost universally great imo. Very side characters like Garak originally supposed to guest stars took a dump on most of the TNG characters.