Debate: condoms in school?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="harashawn"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

.......... No they are taught pretty standard things.. Its our current culture.. But yet again you have given us no reason why condoms shouldn't handed out.. Your ignoring the fact that teens are still going to have sex regardless of the consquences.. Its best they easy access to contraception have the education to know how TO use that contraception if they decide to do that.. They don't have to but many do even when they know the consquences..

raynimrod

If they want to have sex, they can buy their own condoms. Schools should not encourange students to have sex, "protected" or not.

I guess schools shouldn't provide food either - wouldn't want to encourage kids to get fat.

Kids (theoretically) will be having sex outside of school. So the comparison is rather immaterial.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

[QUOTE="harashawn"] If they want to have sex, they can buy their own condoms. Schools should not encourange students to have sex, "protected" or not.coolbeans90

I guess schools shouldn't provide food either - wouldn't want to encourage kids to get fat.

Kids (theoretically) will be having sex outside of school. So the comparison is rather immaterial.

They'll be eating outside of school too...

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Sure, but upon request. Not like in a vending machine or something.

Edit: Ah, but it would depend on how they're funded. I don't think it's fair that people have to pay for other's kids when theirs might not even be a part of the problem.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I think they should sell them at the student store. It encourages safe sex, and some of these kids are embarrassed to buy condoms at a store.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

raynimrod

Yes, with food not provided by the school. :|

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
high school kids are going to have sex anyways. there is nothing thats gonna stop that, better they practice safe sex than unprotected
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

I'm not against making condoms openly available to kids in school, but I don't want the school district to spend money on them. In FACT! Trojan should give out 5-packs at school rallies as advertisement. It gets the message across and the school district doesn't spend a dime.cd_rom

they do it at college. Hell, they gave us a big chinese takeout box full of condoms of all different types! It was great

I think they'd do it in high school if it were socially/politcally acceptable

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#108 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

I dunno why sex is such a huge part of certain societies. I'm sure its great and all, but there are far more important things.GazaAli

there are more important things, but sex is one of those human urges that should not be suppressed. People say "everything in moderation" to all sorts of things, and I feel that phrase is overused, but sex is one of those things where it legitimately applies in truth.

Two 16 year olds who are in love (and yes, I feel they can be in love, even if they are "kids") should not be denied a key part of any healthy relationship (sex), but they are not old enough to handle the fundamental reason (procreation) of sex, so they should be given another option outside of abstinence and pregnancy.

They obviously cannot get birth control medication (they need to be 18, or parents permission...good luck with that), so condoms and other contraceptives are perfect.

There needs to be a balance between realism, compromise, and moderation. I remember high school, and I was fortunate not to be a teen daddy because my hormones were raging as were my female classmates, and I sure wish I could have gone to the nurses' office to get a condom. I had to ask senior classmates to get them for me or ask people at parties for them.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 raynimrod

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

How do you know? A kid could buy a bag of chips at school and eat them at home.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

raynimrod

At this point, I'm honestly not sure if you're being even remotely sincere with this discussion. A 1 oz. bag of chips hardly qualifies as "food" in either quality or quantity. Furthermore, the entire reason food is offered at schools is because kids are there for a large portion of the day.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 raynimrod

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

At this point, I'm honestly not sure if you're being even remotely sincere with this discussion. A 1 oz. bag of chips hardly qualifies as "food" in either quality or quantity. Furthermore, the entire reason food is offered at schools is because kids are there for a large portion of the day.

I only started going in this direction when it was suggested that providing condoms would encourage people to have sex, but offering food wouldn't encourage people to eat.

powerman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 powerman89
Member since 2006 • 2517 Posts

YESH!!!!!

Water balloon fun tiem magic partayy

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

raynimrod

I only started going in this direction when it was suggested that providing condoms would encourage people to have sex, but offering food wouldn't encourage people to eat.

Hmm, fair enough. I probably shouldn't jump into conversations before reading them. Obviously offering food would encourage people to eat more.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Upon request sure, but not thrown out of a hot-air balloon.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 raynimrod

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

Hmm, fair enough. I probably shouldn't jump into conversations before reading them. Obviously offering food would encourage people to eat more.

It's all good man :P

keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

I don't know about that. If I'm offered food and I'm not hungry, I usually say "No thanks." Being offered food doesn't suddenly make you hungry, but if you're ALREADY hungry then you'll probably accept the offer. I hope my point isn't being lost in the comparison.

As for anyone saying offering condoms in school would make teens who may not be thinking about having sex have sex....I can't remember a single moment in my teen years where I wasn't thinking about sex or something sexual in some way shape or form. Sex drive isn't something rational or deliberate, It's primal and instinctual. It's not something that any outside influence can hope to control or repress. You can only educate, and hope that the individual makes the right decisions. But they will never make the right decisions without the proper knowledge.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
Yes because if teens want to have sex they will, regardless of whether protection is available. It won't encourage them - no-one decides to lose their virginity because someone handed them a condom. I think our secondary school should have run a clinic for students to learn more about sexual health, ask questions and get protection because there wasn't and I had to get protection myself and ask my mum any questions about health which not everyone is prepared to do.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#119 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="XxLeGitDeErxX"]they shouldn't be handed out like candy or anything. but they should be there for the people who want them.

and they are, any kid can buy condoms at a drugstore, and not like they arent cheap as hell anyway
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Yes because if teens want to have sex they will, regardless of whether protection is available. It won't encourage them - no-one decides to lose their virginity because someone handed them a condom. I think our secondary school should have run a clinic for students to learn more about sexual health, ask questions and get protection because there wasn't and I had to get protection myself and ask my mum any questions about health which not everyone is prepared to do.tofu-lion91
It doesnt help when the media glamorizes sex as the cool thing everyone does & that it has no consequences.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

only if its one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWjt53nIKA

kids can buy their own condoms or get them from the local clinic

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 lightleggy
Yes because if teens want to have sex they will, regardless of whether protection is available. It won't encourage them - no-one decides to lose their virginity because someone handed them a condom. I think our secondary school should have run a clinic for students to learn more about sexual health, ask questions and get protection because there wasn't and I had to get protection myself and ask my mum any questions about health which not everyone is prepared to do.tofu-lion91
its collective/group pressure... if the kid is in an enviroment where he is pushed to do something he will...if you put condoms in the school, the kid will feel the urge to have sex. sure you say "they are going to do it anyways" but you got no proof of this...at my school/highschool for example, there were only like 3 people in my generation who were always talking about having sex...and I know a lot of people from other generations/schools who had something similar
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 raynimrod

[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]Yes because if teens want to have sex they will, regardless of whether protection is available. It won't encourage them - no-one decides to lose their virginity because someone handed them a condom. I think our secondary school should have run a clinic for students to learn more about sexual health, ask questions and get protection because there wasn't and I had to get protection myself and ask my mum any questions about health which not everyone is prepared to do.DroidPhysX

It doesnt help when the media glamorizes sex as the cool thing everyone does & that it has no consequences.

Yes, but why should we focus on just the bad consequences?

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]Yes because if teens want to have sex they will, regardless of whether protection is available. It won't encourage them - no-one decides to lose their virginity because someone handed them a condom. I think our secondary school should have run a clinic for students to learn more about sexual health, ask questions and get protection because there wasn't and I had to get protection myself and ask my mum any questions about health which not everyone is prepared to do.lightleggy
its collective/group pressure... if the kid is in an enviroment where he is pushed to do something he will...if you put condoms in the school, the kid will feel the urge to have sex. sure you say "they are going to do it anyways" but you got no proof of this...at my school/highschool for example, there were only like 3 people in my generation who were always talking about having sex...and I know a lot of people from other generations/schools who had something similar

the condom is not the trigger to the urge to have sex. that urge is going to be there, especially if they are around students of the opposite sex.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Nintendevil"]Yeah, if you live in TV soap operas. This is completely false.

In high school, kids wont be having sex if their parents son't let them go to parties or sleepovers or go on dates. Strict parents who impose MASSIVE threats on having an early sex life usually stops those kids from doing so. The fact is, parents who give their kids permission to do whatever they want are going to do whatever they want, and that includes having sex.

Once they are out of the house in in dorms is a different story though. THEN is when those kdis become rebelios because they are finally out of their parents grip.

Nintendevil

I disagree completely.. If this were not the case than the average age they a kid loses his/her virignity is at 16.. Either there isn't that many strict parents, or parents can not always control children...

No, there aren't a lot. Most parents wont take measures to prevent their kids from having sex. The few that do have the kids that don't have sex. Someone else mentioned above that a shilds sexuality depends on how casually it was taught about sex. If sex is never mentioned in a hosehold, a kid is difinitely not goingto have it. I hate to judge people this way, but the "trashy" types who expose their kids to foul language and casual sexuality and let them party all the time are the ones with the kids who have the opportunity to have sex.

My mother was raised with exactly this kind of mindset: don't teach about sex, don't say anything in fact. Pretend it doesn't exist and she won't have it. Guess what happened? She got knocked up at the age of 15. On the other hand she was very open with my sister and I about sex and guess what? No teen pregnancies from ether of us.

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
I'm fine with it, though it shouldn't be a substitute for proper and responsible sex education. I went to a catholic school so we weren't given free contraception but we still received proper teaching. Most people seem to have done alright
DreamnDayUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 DreamnDayUnite
Member since 2011 • 428 Posts
If they start handing out condoms at schools, kids will feel more under more pressure to have sex.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
I vote no. Sex is a big deal, and it should be treated as such. I know today's world is filled with sex everywhere, and that's what is desensitizing us to it. Giving kids condoms is telling them it's okay to have sex, and it's not. Once they start, they'll wonder what it feels like without the condom... I did. Teaching them abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy. With that they should also be taught how to control their urges. Taking the position of "they're going to do it anyway" is just dismissing the responsibility we have as parents/adults to teach our kids. It's flat out laziness. I have an aunt that took that approach about her son drinking alcohol. Now, he's 20 with 3 DUI's and could very well pass as an alcoholic. This whole mentality saddens me, and I feel this is why our society is heading in the direction it is. Everyone usually blames the parents for everything when it comes to what kids are, or are not, doing... except this.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#129 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I vote no. Sex is a big deal, and it should be treated as such. I know today's world is filled with sex everywhere, and that's what is desensitizing us to it. Giving kids condoms is telling them it's okay to have sex, and it's not. Once they start, they'll wonder what it feels like without the condom... I did. Teaching them abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy. With that they should also be taught how to control their urges. Taking the position of "they're going to do it anyway" is just dismissing the responsibility we have as parents/adults to teach our kids. It's flat out laziness. I have an aunt that took that approach about her son drinking alcohol. Now, he's 20 with 3 DUI's and could very well pass as an alcoholic. This whole mentality saddens me, and I feel this is why our society is heading in the direction it is. Everyone usually blames the parents for everything when it comes to what kids are, or are not, doing... except this.jshaas

No it isn't :| its facing a little thing we like to call REALITY.. Schools already teach the consquences of sexual activity including everything there needs to be known about it.. Teens need to be taught how to use contraception correclty and to have the possibility to ask the school nurse for a condom.. This in no way trivializes sex, but teens are still going have it they should have the access and education to be as safe as possible.. Contraception is by no means full proof but its far more realistic to look at things now to realize that teens are going to have sex whether you like it or not.. Schools are suppose to be teaching these people to become adults.. Being adult means you not only know the consquences of sexual activity, but the knowledge in how to use contraception if they do wish to have sex.

DreamnDayUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DreamnDayUnite
Member since 2011 • 428 Posts
[QUOTE="jshaas"]I vote no. Sex is a big deal, and it should be treated as such. I know today's world is filled with sex everywhere, and that's what is desensitizing us to it. Giving kids condoms is telling them it's okay to have sex, and it's not. Once they start, they'll wonder what it feels like without the condom... I did. Teaching them abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy. With that they should also be taught how to control their urges. Taking the position of "they're going to do it anyway" is just dismissing the responsibility we have as parents/adults to teach our kids. It's flat out laziness. I have an aunt that took that approach about her son drinking alcohol. Now, he's 20 with 3 DUI's and could very well pass as an alcoholic. This whole mentality saddens me, and I feel this is why our society is heading in the direction it is. Everyone usually blames the parents for everything when it comes to what kids are, or are not, doing... except this.

+1 Very good points there. I feel the same way TBH
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
depends on the age group in the school
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lightleggy
[QUOTE="jshaas"]I vote no. Sex is a big deal, and it should be treated as such. I know today's world is filled with sex everywhere, and that's what is desensitizing us to it. Giving kids condoms is telling them it's okay to have sex, and it's not. Once they start, they'll wonder what it feels like without the condom... I did. Teaching them abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy. With that they should also be taught how to control their urges. Taking the position of "they're going to do it anyway" is just dismissing the responsibility we have as parents/adults to teach our kids. It's flat out laziness. I have an aunt that took that approach about her son drinking alcohol. Now, he's 20 with 3 DUI's and could very well pass as an alcoholic. This whole mentality saddens me, and I feel this is why our society is heading in the direction it is. Everyone usually blames the parents for everything when it comes to what kids are, or are not, doing... except this.

this is what im talking about... we just cant renounce to a responsability because "they'll do it anyway"... so according to that "they'll do it anyway" logic, why do we teach manners to our children? or why do we punish them for doing something wrong? they are going to do it anyway! so lets just all resign to our parental duties and let the kids learn on their own. and yes, giving a condom to a children is pretty much like giving him a green light to think taht having sex is okay, and eventually they will say "IM TOO PRO FOR CONDOMS!" how could any adult even consider giving condoms to children in school?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="jshaas"]I vote no. Sex is a big deal, and it should be treated as such. I know today's world is filled with sex everywhere, and that's what is desensitizing us to it. Giving kids condoms is telling them it's okay to have sex, and it's not. Once they start, they'll wonder what it feels like without the condom... I did. Teaching them abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy. With that they should also be taught how to control their urges. Taking the position of "they're going to do it anyway" is just dismissing the responsibility we have as parents/adults to teach our kids. It's flat out laziness. I have an aunt that took that approach about her son drinking alcohol. Now, he's 20 with 3 DUI's and could very well pass as an alcoholic. This whole mentality saddens me, and I feel this is why our society is heading in the direction it is. Everyone usually blames the parents for everything when it comes to what kids are, or are not, doing... except this.DreamnDayUnite
+1 Very good points there. I feel the same way TBH

Yeah because you know abstience being taught in central and south America (pushed forward by the Catholic church) sure is having a effect on their exploding population. :lol: Yet if you look around the world.. What places have the lowest birth rates? Thats right places lik Europe where sex is far FAR more open there than the United States.. Your logic would dictate that these places should be exploding in population with kids extremely sexually active leading to unwanted pregnancies.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lightleggy

[QUOTE="jshaas"]I vote no. Sex is a big deal, and it should be treated as such. I know today's world is filled with sex everywhere, and that's what is desensitizing us to it. Giving kids condoms is telling them it's okay to have sex, and it's not. Once they start, they'll wonder what it feels like without the condom... I did. Teaching them abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy. With that they should also be taught how to control their urges. Taking the position of "they're going to do it anyway" is just dismissing the responsibility we have as parents/adults to teach our kids. It's flat out laziness. I have an aunt that took that approach about her son drinking alcohol. Now, he's 20 with 3 DUI's and could very well pass as an alcoholic. This whole mentality saddens me, and I feel this is why our society is heading in the direction it is. Everyone usually blames the parents for everything when it comes to what kids are, or are not, doing... except this.sSubZerOo

No it isn't :| its facing a little thing we like to call REALITY.. Schools already teach the consquences of sexual activity including everything there needs to be known about it.. Teens need to be taught how to use contraception correclty and to have the possibility to ask the school nurse for a condom.. This in no way trivializes sex, but teens are still going have it they should have the access and education to be as safe as possible.. Contraception is by no means full proof but its far more realistic to look at things now to realize that teens are going to have sex whether you like it or not.. Schools are suppose to be teaching these people to become adults.. Being adult means you not only know the consquences of sexual activity, but the knowledge in how to use contraception if they do wish to have sex.

so we should also teach children and teenagers in school and highschool how to use firearms, so that they dont use them by accident! seriously, sex for a kid/teenager IS a big deal, and giving them condoms will only make it worst...and you said it yourself, they already have a bunch of people telling them the consequences of unprotected sex, yet it still happens a lot! you think that it will be different if the school gives them condoms? give them condoms, and they wont use them! why? because teenagers think its cool to go against what adults say, so they will say "oh they are giving me a condom...no way im gonna use it! gotta go agaisnt the current!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="jshaas"]I vote no. Sex is a big deal, and it should be treated as such. I know today's world is filled with sex everywhere, and that's what is desensitizing us to it. Giving kids condoms is telling them it's okay to have sex, and it's not. Once they start, they'll wonder what it feels like without the condom... I did. Teaching them abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy. With that they should also be taught how to control their urges. Taking the position of "they're going to do it anyway" is just dismissing the responsibility we have as parents/adults to teach our kids. It's flat out laziness. I have an aunt that took that approach about her son drinking alcohol. Now, he's 20 with 3 DUI's and could very well pass as an alcoholic. This whole mentality saddens me, and I feel this is why our society is heading in the direction it is. Everyone usually blames the parents for everything when it comes to what kids are, or are not, doing... except this.lightleggy

so we should also teach children and teenagers in school and highschool how to use firearms, so that they dont use them by accident! seriously, sex for a kid/teenager IS a big deal, and giving them condoms will only make it worst...and you said it yourself, they already have a bunch of people telling them the consequences of unprotected sex, yet it still happens a lot! you think that it will be different if the school gives them condoms?

Yeah because than those people will be practicing SAFELY.. Instead of burying your head in the sand, how bout give the high schools the tools of knowledge in being as safe as possible in a act they know the consquences are... DO you SERIOUSLY THINK kids have sex because schools HAPPEN to teach sexual education? So by your logic we didn't teach anything, every one would be abstient.. Thats pretty fail logic right there.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 worlock77

Fact: teenagers are going to have sex. This is human nature, hell, it's basic biology. The drive for sex is one of the most powerful forces human beings can feel, and it begins during teen years. People who think we can just tell kids "don't do it" and they won't, frankly, have their heads in the sand. "Abstinence only" education has been proven to be a complete failure. Our kids are going to have sex whether we want them to or not. The best thing we can do is give them the knowledge and means to be safe about it.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

so we should also teach children and teenagers in school and highschool how to use firearms, so that they dont use them by accident! seriously, sex for a kid/teenager IS a big deal, and giving them condoms will only make it worst...and you said it yourself, they already have a bunch of people telling them the consequences of unprotected sex, yet it still happens a lot! you think that it will be different if the school gives them condoms?

Yeah because than those people will be practicing SAFELY.. Instead of burying your head in the sand, how bout give the high schools the tools of knowledge in being as safe as possible in a act they know the consquences are... DO you SERIOUSLY THINK kids have sex because schools HAPPEN to teach sexual education? So by your logic we didn't teach anything, every one would be abstient.. Thats pretty fail logic right there.

im not saying they have the urge for sex because school, im saying that they will have the urge anyway, but giving them condoms will make it bigger and will make them feel that they are being told they should have sex. and there is no assurance they will want to practice it safely 100% maybe the first time (And im sure that less than half of them will do it...because the other half will think that they are too cool for condoms) but then after they already experienced sex with condom, they will want to experience sex without it.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 lightleggy

Fact: teenagers are going to have sex. This is human nature, hell, it's basic biology. The drive for sex is one of the most powerful forces human beings can feel, and it begins during teen years. People who think we can just tell kids "don't do it" and they won't, frankly, have their heads in the sand. "Abstinence only" education has been proven to be a complete failure. Our kids are going to have sex whether we want them to or not. The best thing we can do is give them the knowledge and means to be safe about it.

worlock77

correct me if im wrong, and I mean it because im not trying to sound smartass here... but doesnt the biological drive for sex has reproductory purposes? in other words...the body doesnt want sex...the body WANTS TO REPRODUCE...wouldnt that make the kids to start throwing their condoms away and just have unprotected sex? btw its amazing how you think that 100% of the teenagers will have sex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] so we should also teach children and teenagers in school and highschool how to use firearms, so that they dont use them by accident! seriously, sex for a kid/teenager IS a big deal, and giving them condoms will only make it worst...and you said it yourself, they already have a bunch of people telling them the consequences of unprotected sex, yet it still happens a lot! you think that it will be different if the school gives them condoms?lightleggy

im not saying they have the urge for sex because school, im saying that they will have the urge anyway, but giving them condoms will make it bigger and will make them feel that they are being told they should have sex. and there is no assurance they will want to practice it safely 100% maybe the first time (And im sure that less than half of them will do it...because the other half will think that they are too cool for condoms) but then after they already experienced sex with condom, they will want to experience sex without it.

I am sorry but this just isn't case.. The school districts with the poorest education have immense amounts of teen prengences.. And your last statements fail at logic completely.. So your saying if we teach safe sex practices.. They are going to have more unprotected sex? What kind of logic is that?

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 lightleggy

sSubZerOo

I am sorry but this just isn't case.. The school districts with the poorest education have immense amounts of teen prengences.. And your last statements fail at logic completely.. So your saying if we teach safe sex practices.. They are going to have more unprotected sex? What kind of logic is that?

I dont see why is illogical....isnt adolescense (sorry if misspelled) confirmed to be an "experimenting stage"? so its natural, and completly logical to think they will want to experience a lot of things...they will experience safe sex, and then, what will happen next? safe sex for the rest of their lives? no, they will want to experience THE OTHER KIND OF SEX, how does that sounds illogical to you? did you already forgot what was like being a teenager? when one could say something like "oh, kissing with tongue feels good, but how would other type of kisses feel?" they will also say "safe sex feels good, but I wonder if unprotected sex feels better! I gotta try it! it'll be ok im already experienced at sex anyway" also, like I said, they already know the consequences of unprotected sex, yet it still happens a lot, condoms will not make it different, they will keep doing it without them

Clydefrog92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Clydefrog92
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

Only the city schools *cough*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] im not saying they have the urge for sex because school, im saying that they will have the urge anyway, but giving them condoms will make it bigger and will make them feel that they are being told they should have sex. and there is no assurance they will want to practice it safely 100% maybe the first time (And im sure that less than half of them will do it...because the other half will think that they are too cool for condoms) but then after they already experienced sex with condom, they will want to experience sex without it.lightleggy

I dont see why is illogical....isnt adolescense (sorry if misspelled) confirmed to be an "experimenting stage"? so its natural, and completly logical to think they will want to experience a lot of things...they will experience safe sex, and then, what will happen next? safe sex for the rest of their lives? no, they will want to experience THE OTHER KIND OF SEX, how does that sounds illogical to you? did you already forgot what was like being a teenager? also, like I said, they already know the consequences of unprotected sex, yet it still happens a lot, condoms will not make it different, they will keep doing it without them

Than by your logic we shouldn't be teaching sex period because it will make them too curious. We should also seperate the males from the females in school too, just in case they become curious.. I love where your logic is going.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lightleggy

sSubZerOo

I dont see why is illogical....isnt adolescense (sorry if misspelled) confirmed to be an "experimenting stage"? so its natural, and completly logical to think they will want to experience a lot of things...they will experience safe sex, and then, what will happen next? safe sex for the rest of their lives? no, they will want to experience THE OTHER KIND OF SEX, how does that sounds illogical to you? did you already forgot what was like being a teenager? also, like I said, they already know the consequences of unprotected sex, yet it still happens a lot, condoms will not make it different, they will keep doing it without them

Than by your logic we shouldn't be teaching sex period because it will make them too curious. We should also seperate the males from the females in school too, just in case they become curious.. I love where your logic is going.

I love how you completly put words into my mouth and disregard everything else I said. I never said we shouldnt teach sex ed or that we should "separete males and females" I NEVER said that, stop putting crap in my mouth or I will simply stop quoting you and the argument will be over for both of us. I said that teenagers are curious, which is true, teaching them sex ed is fine, but if you give them a condom, they will see the condom as a green light for sex, after they have sex with it, they will want to know how it feels without it, the only illogical thing here is denying what im saying because you know its true, thats how teenagers think

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] I dont see why is illogical....isnt adolescense (sorry if misspelled) confirmed to be an "experimenting stage"? so its natural, and completly logical to think they will want to experience a lot of things...they will experience safe sex, and then, what will happen next? safe sex for the rest of their lives? no, they will want to experience THE OTHER KIND OF SEX, how does that sounds illogical to you? did you already forgot what was like being a teenager? also, like I said, they already know the consequences of unprotected sex, yet it still happens a lot, condoms will not make it different, they will keep doing it without themlightleggy

I love how you completly put words into my mouth and disregard everything else I said. I never said we shouldnt teach sex ed or that we should "separete males and females" I NEVER said that, stop putting crap in my mouth or I will simply stop quoting you and the argument will be over for both of us. I said that teenagers are curious, which is true, teaching them sex ed is fine, but if you give them a condom, they will see the condom as a green light for sex, after they have sex with it, they will want to know how it feels without it, the only illogical thing here is denying what im saying because you know its true, thats how teenagers think

I am pointing out that your entire point hinges on a slipperly slope fallacy.. Which I than show how absurd it is if we start going down that road.. With your logic we can argue for the seperataion of males and females, and the banning of sex ed because they some how promote sexual activity.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

lightleggy

correct me if im wrong, and I mean it because im not trying to sound smartass here... but doesnt the biological drive for sex has reproductory purposes? in other words...the body doesnt want sex...the body WANTS TO REPRODUCE...wouldnt that make the kids to start throwing their condoms away and just have unprotected sex? btw its amazing how you think that 100% of the teenagers will have sex

No, the drive is for sex. Reproduction is a side effect of that. Even if it were vice-versa the means of reproduction is sex, so the drive is still for sex. Did I say "100% of teenagers will have sex"? No, I did not. Don't place words in my mouth.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 lightleggy

sSubZerOo

I am pointing out that your entire point hinges on a slipperly slope fallacy.. Which I than show how absurd it is if we start going down that road.. With your logic we can argue for the seperataion of males and females, and the banning of sex ed because they some how promote sexual activity.

thats the problem with what you said, I already repeated multiple times and the reason why giving sex ed and giving condoms is different. look at it in this way...lets say that you want to build a skyscrapper now, I come to your house and I tell you "go, build an skyscrapper!" and I teach you everything about skyscrappers and how to build them, would you build the skyscrapper because I told you? no, you will not, because besides your urge to build a skyscrapper, you still miss something to do it. but If I go back and hand you the money and materials to build it, you will definitly go to build the skyscrapper because now you are ready to do it. you can teach sex ed to a kid and teaching him about safe sex, and if you give him a condom the kid will say "ok, so they just teached me about it, I know about it, and they even gave me this! they want me to do it!" and they will go have sex, then after that they will want to experience more and more here. and stop going in circles with the "you want to separate males and females and stop teaching sex ed thing!" I just gave you a valid example which shows my point...if you keep saying that then its definitly because you admit you are losing the argument and you are just turning the business around pointlessly
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

No, the drive is for sex. Reproduction is a side effect of that. Even if it were vice-versa the means of reproduction is sex, so the drive is still for sex. Did I say "100% of teenagers will have sex"? No, I did not. Don't place words in my mouth.

but in females for example, even if they dont want babies, their bodies still fertilizes eggs, because the body DOES want babies all the time. and you didnt said it explicitly, but with the "our kids are going to have sex wheter we want them to or not" you pretty much made me understand thats what you wanted to say. also do you have any factual evidence that abstinence has been shown to be a failure?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

lightleggy

but in females for example, even if they dont want babies, their bodies still fertilizes eggs, because the body DOES want babies all the time. and you didnt said it explicitly, but with the "our kids are going to have sex wheter we want them to or not" you pretty much made me understand thats what you wanted to say. also do you have any factual evidence that abstinence has been shown to be a failure?

I was speaking in generalities. I figured that would have been obvious, but if you'd like I'll be sure to include a disclaimer next time. No, the female body does not fertilize eggs. Making that statement makes me wonder how well you actually understand the subject.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

I was speaking in generalities. I figured that would have been obvious, but if you'd like I'll be sure to include a disclaimer next time. No, the female body does not fertilize eggs. Making that statement makes me wonder how well you actually understand the subject.

sorry, maybe I didnt explained myself right, english is not my main language which can make my sentences look pointless sometimes

I saw my error, sorry, didnt meant to say that the body fertilizes the egg...the body prepare eggs so that they can be fertilized by sperm...did I said it right now?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] but in females for example, even if they dont want babies, their bodies still fertilizes eggs, because the body DOES want babies all the time. and you didnt said it explicitly, but with the "our kids are going to have sex wheter we want them to or not" you pretty much made me understand thats what you wanted to say. also do you have any factual evidence that abstinence has been shown to be a failure?lightleggy

sorry, maybe I didnt explained myself right, english is not my main language which can make my sentences look pointless sometimes

I saw my error, sorry, didnt meant to say that the body fertilizes the egg...the body prepare eggs so that they can be fertilized by sperm...did I said it right now?

Fair enough. And no, I don't agree with the argument that the female body produces eggs means that it wants to reproduce. It's a simple biological function, nothing more. To use a comparison: the body produces poop. That doesn't mean that it wants to poop all the time, it's just a simple function of biology.