Darth Vader vs Darth Maul

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hameh93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 hameh93
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts
I would have to say Darth Maul for 2 reasons. He's a better hunter and a fighter. He found queen amidala on tatoonie and he kicks ass by killing Qui Gon Jinn. Does lose to Obi Wan Kenobi but so does Vader.( plus obi wan gives vader a heads up before it). Darth Vader is bad ass in all but Maul won our hearts in just won movie. So I stick with Maul, what do you think?
Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Vader > maul
6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
Darth Chef. ;p
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
Vader is much much more powerful being in every way possible. Maul got killed by a padwan for petes sake!!
Avatar image for Iced_Earth_Rulz
Iced_Earth_Rulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Iced_Earth_Rulz
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

Maul < Vader

But, the only edge Maul has is that he has two blades instead of one. It doesn't neccessarily give him an edge but Vader wouldn't be accostomed to the style.

Avatar image for InsomniacZombie
InsomniacZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 InsomniacZombie
Member since 2003 • 805 Posts

Darth Maul had cooler look and lightsaber due to the movie technology being a lot better 10 years ago rather than 25. Story wise though Maul wouldnt get 10 feet close to Vader, it would be a quick fight.

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Vader....
xNJN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xNJN
Member since 2006 • 1374 Posts

Is that a joke?

hameh93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 hameh93
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

Vader is much much more powerful being in every way possible. Maul got killed by a padwan for petes sake!!blazinpuertoroc

Yeah but Maul was an apprentice himself making it even.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts
Vader would smoke Maul, but the Darth Maul vs Obi-wan and Qui-gon was freaking awesome.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]Vader is much much more powerful being in every way possible. Maul got killed by a padwan for petes sake!!hameh93

Yeah but Maul was an apprentice himself making it even.

Obi-wan killed maul as an apprentice. The only reason he beat Anakin as a master is because he managed to out manuver Anakin. Otherwisne it was a completely even match.

SpidersRMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpidersRMe
Member since 2006 • 6201 Posts
Maul, because he's got 2 TIMES THE SABER ACTION!
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

it would be vader

*maul*- twirls lightsaber around and force throws a box at vader

*vader*- catches/crushes box force chokes maul and throws light saber in him

Maul is cool and powerfull, but vader is way cooler and way more powerfull

Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Iron_will
Member since 2007 • 2837 Posts
Darth Sidious >>> Darth Nihilus >>> Darth Vader >>> Darth Maul.
Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Iron_will
Darth Maul, Vaders a ****:shock:TehSonofUgly
Who saved his own son. :shock:
Avatar image for InsomniacZombie
InsomniacZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 InsomniacZombie
Member since 2003 • 805 Posts

Ill assume that anyone that thinks this is even a question that needs evaluating is either not a very big Star Wars fan, under the age of 16, or a stoned freak easily distracted by shiny objects....

CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CreepingDeath_
Member since 2007 • 3342 Posts
Darth Maul looks cooler but Vader would kick his ass.
Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Warlock89
Member since 2005 • 2200 Posts
The Emperor told Darth Maul that he was going to fight Obi Wan and Quan Gin and die before the fight actually happened. So days before Darth Maul got into the fight, he was training NON STOP without ANY SLEEP. Which is also the reason why he uses the staff saber. To prepare for his final battle with 2 Jedi's at once. So when the fight finally came, he was weak due to no sleep, nonstop training, etc. Causing him to be uncatious during his fight with Young Obi Wan. But I mean, if a kid like StarKiller could beat Vader. Then the REAL question is... Could Darth Maul beat StarKiller?
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts
Darth Maul is athletic and faster. and his sith tattoos are awesome but he wont stand a chance against Lord Vader. There is a star wars comic were Vader Duels with the resurrected Maul by Sith Fanatics. Look it up on Wookiepedia.
Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Iron_will
The Emperor told Darth Maul that he was going to fight Obi Wan and Quan Gin and die before the fight actually happened. So days before Darth Maul got into the fight, he was training NON STOP without ANY SLEEP. Which is also the reason why he uses the staff saber. To prepare for his final battle with 2 Jedi's at once. So when the fight finally came, he was weak due to no sleep, nonstop training, etc. Causing him to be uncatious during his fight with Young Obi Wan. But I mean, if a kid like Galen Marek could beat Vader. Then the REAL question is... Could Darth Maul beat Marek?Warlock89
No way, no way. He's way to awesome, if he could fight the Emperor with his lightsaber. Then Maul would not stand a chance.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts
I liked Darth Maul way more. As far as SW lore goes Vadar is supposed to be way more powerful, but walking around slowly, *****ing about everything (Padme) and glancing sideways at changes in the force don't make him seem as powerful as being athletic and taking on two Jedi at once with a double-bladed light saber.
Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Warlock89
[QUOTE="Warlock89"]The Emperor told Darth Maul that he was going to fight Obi Wan and Quan Gin and die before the fight actually happened. So days before Darth Maul got into the fight, he was training NON STOP without ANY SLEEP. Which is also the reason why he uses the staff saber. To prepare for his final battle with 2 Jedi's at once. So when the fight finally came, he was weak due to no sleep, nonstop training, etc. Causing him to be uncatious during his fight with Young Obi Wan. But I mean, if a kid like Galen Marek could beat Vader. Then the REAL question is... Could Darth Maul beat Marek?Iron_will
No way, no way. He's way to awesome, if he could fight the Emperor with his lightsaber. Then Maul would not stand a chance.

Go ahead and edit my posts. But yeah, Starkiller is the mansex. He is too freakin awesome.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Darth Maul clearly has the speed advantage. Watch any Darth Vader fights in the original trilogy (after he got ****ed up by Obi-Wan) and you can see that Vader is clearly a lot slower.

Furthermore, Vader's force abilities actually decreased due to the loss of so much of his body. Robotics cannot transmit The Force, and Vader's force abilities decreased after he became largely cybernetic.

Furthermore, consider that Vader exists in a world AFTER most of the Jedi masters had been eradicated. So it's far easier for Vader to be badass. He doesn't have as much opposition as Darth Maul does.

But really, the speed advantage should be enough. Maul was a LOT faster than Vader, and strength doesn't mean much when you're battling with freaking light sabers. Darth Maul would win.

Now if we're talking about Darth Maul vs Anakin Skywalker immediately prior to his cybernetic transformation, then I'd probably give it to Vader. But if we're talking about black suit burned-and-messed-up Vader, Darth Maul would easily win.

FatalFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FatalFist
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts
haha--cmoooon...I guess not many ppl read the LoTF SW-novels??? Darth Caedus/Jacen was the coolest Sith ever!!!You should see how powerful they made Luke Skywalker though....Darth vader would totally kick Mauls butt....but if you want to hear the names of the most powerful SW-EU(Expanded Universe)characters--Kyp Durron,Jaina Solo(Jaina gets special training frm Fett=D)
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

Darth Maul clearly has the speed advantage. Watch any Darth Vader fights in the original trilogy (after he got ****ed up by Obi-Wan) and you can see that Vader is clearly a lot slower.

Furthermore, Vader's force abilities actually decreased due to the loss of so much of his body. Robotics cannot transmit The Force, and Vader's force abilities decreased after he became largely cybernetic.

Furthermore, consider that Vader exists in a world AFTER most of the Jedi masters had been eradicated. So it's far easier for Vader to be badass. He doesn't have as much opposition as Darth Maul does.

But really, the speed advantage should be enough. Maul was a LOT faster than Vader, and strength doesn't mean much when you're battling with freaking light sabers. Darth Maul would win.

Now if we're talking about Darth Maul vs Anakin Skywalker immediately prior to his cybernetic transformation, then I'd probably give it to Vader. But if we're talking about black suit burned-and-messed-up Vader, Darth Maul would easily win.

MrGeezer
play the force unleashed, he slaughters a planet of wookies and a highly trained jedi with ease!
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

blazinpuertoroc

play the force unleashed, he slaughters a planet of wookies and a highly trained jedi with ease!

I'm talking about Star Wars, not videogames. I don't officially recognize anything that didn't happen in any of the 6 Star Wars movies.

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Warlock89
[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

MrGeezer

I'm talking about Star Wars, not videogames. I don't officially recognize anything that didn't happen in any of the 6 Star Wars movies.

Whether you acknowledge them or not, they happened. Star Wars Force Unleashed was personally approved by George Lucas, so it DID happen in the Star Wars world. BTW, there is 7 star wars movies, not 6.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Warlock89

Whether you acknowledge them or not, they happened. Star Wars Force Unleashed was personally approved by George Lucas, so it DID happen in the Star Wars world. BTW, there is 7 star wars movies, not 6.

Well then he ought to make a movie about it, if he wants me to recognize it.

And what are you counting as the 7th Star Wars movie? The Clone Wars? Hell, in that case, let's include The Ewok Adventure and the Star Wars Christmas Special.

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Warlock89

So you only recognize something in the star wars universe as long as it is in a movie... made by george lucas.... AND is with real live actors?... This conversation is over...

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrGeezer

So you only recognize something in the star wars universe as long as it is in a movie... made by george lucas.... AND is with real live actors?... This conversation is over...

Warlock89

Yes, just like I don't have to read any of the hundreds of Aliens, Star Trek, or Star Wars novels/comics/videogames to describe the plot of Aliens/Star Trek/Star Wars to you.

If George Lucas can't even be bothered to officially release the story in a respectable and legitimate artistic medium, then yeah I'm not gonna recognize it as part of the story.

Hey, I also don't recognize it as official Star Wars canon that Darth Vader likes Burger King whoppers. Anyone can license their products and properties out for cash. But when it comes to artistic legitimacy, videogames don't register. Once Lucas releases the story of The Force Unleshed in an artistically legitimate medium, then I'll recognize it as official canon.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts
Vader obviously
yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 yabbicoke
Member since 2007 • 4069 Posts
Darth Maul was pretty much the only cool thing to come out of Episode I; but Vader wins, no question. Just a more complex and interesting character.
Snooky_McGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Snooky_McGoo
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts
i didn't read anything in this thread and i don't have to, Vader wins no doubt.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
maul
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Vader, he has his force choke.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Darth Maul was killed by a young, brash and untrained Obi-wan Kenobi. Anakin put up a better fight against Obi-wan right after becoming Darth Vader and well before he actually trained in the arts of the Sith. Darth Maul was an impressive Sith but he is no where near the league of Vader. Aside from Luke, he is pretty much the most powerful Force user in the Galaxy before the beginning of the EU after the sixth movie.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
I think Vader could destroy Maul, easily.
Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Warlock89
[QUOTE="Warlock89"]

MrGeezer

Yes, just like I don't have to read any of the hundreds of Aliens, Star Trek, or Star Wars novels/comics/videogames to describe the plot of Aliens/Star Trek/Star Wars to you.

If George Lucas can't even be bothered to officially release the story in a respectable and legitimate artistic medium, then yeah I'm not gonna recognize it as part of the story.

Hey, I also don't recognize it as official Star Wars canon that Darth Vader likes Burger King whoppers. Anyone can license their products and properties out for cash. But when it comes to artistic legitimacy, videogames don't register. Once Lucas releases the story of The Force Unleshed in an artistically legitimate medium, then I'll recognize it as official canon.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a full CGI movie? That George wrote and directed himself...
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

Easily Darth Vader

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts
Darth Sidious >>> Darth Nihilus >>> Darth Vader >>> Darth Maul.Iron_will
Hmm what about revan
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts

The force Unleashed was releashed has a book and a comic so umm if thats not legit than why are you even bothering with starwars its been proven throgh books and comics that messed up burnt freak vader has killed skillfull jedi I dont care i vote for vader anyways.

vibrantdesign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vibrantdesign
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

If you take Darth Vader from Episode III he would beat Darth Maul. In fact If I remember correctly, Anakin wanted to eventually kill the Emperor, because he had potential to be the most powerful Sith/Jedi in history. Even the Emperor said it with his fight against Yoda... "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us", and Anakin was an excellent swordsmen at Episode III.

As for Vader in the suit... Maul would probably win in a lightsaber duel, unsure about force powers though. He lost his fight to Obi-Wan because of his arrogance, and afterall Obi-Wan trained Anakin and knew everything about him.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised how many people are saying Maul. Vader is the epitome of pure dark-side, plus he is second to the emperor. Vader was the chosen one, Maul wasn't.
weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 weddy92
Member since 2008 • 747 Posts

The Emperor told Darth Maul that he was going to fight Obi Wan and Quan Gin and die before the fight actually happened. So days before Darth Maul got into the fight, he was training NON STOP without ANY SLEEP. Which is also the reason why he uses the staff saber. To prepare for his final battle with 2 Jedi's at once. So when the fight finally came, he was weak due to no sleep, nonstop training, etc. Causing him to be uncatious during his fight with Young Obi Wan. But I mean, if a kid like StarKiller could beat Vader. Then the REAL question is... Could Darth Maul beat StarKiller?Warlock89

how the hell do you know that

IronSalamander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IronSalamander
Member since 2008 • 496 Posts

maul looks way more bad ass, but vader would kill him easily with his force knowledge.

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Warlock89

[QUOTE="Warlock89"]The Emperor told Darth Maul that he was going to fight Obi Wan and Quan Gin and die before the fight actually happened. So days before Darth Maul got into the fight, he was training NON STOP without ANY SLEEP. Which is also the reason why he uses the staff saber. To prepare for his final battle with 2 Jedi's at once. So when the fight finally came, he was weak due to no sleep, nonstop training, etc. Causing him to be uncatious during his fight with Young Obi Wan. But I mean, if a kid like StarKiller could beat Vader. Then the REAL question is... Could Darth Maul beat StarKiller?weddy92

how the hell do you know that

Darth Maul had his own novel. :)
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
Dooku owns both of them.
horgen