Communism killed 94 million people in the 20th century

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

lebron>>>>>>kobe not even close at this point-Sun_Tzu-

image.png

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#352 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Lebron has been and will always be better than Kobe.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Lebron has been and will always be better than Kobe.DroidPhysX

Yeah, but Kobe is not a communist.

[spoiler] I'm still on topic, right? [/spoiler]

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#354 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

This thread was awesome until it turned into a discussion about basketball.

:P

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Is lai on a break again. I wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 deactivated-5b78379493e12

Is lai on a break again. I wonder dave123321

Rage quit #2

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Is lai on a break again. I wonder dave123321
New Ayn Rand magazines came in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Is lai on a break again. I wonder DroidPhysX

New Ayn Rand magazines came in.

AynRand vs Pokemon Rule 34

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
He has been on my forum today, so he is around.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Lebron has been and will always be better than Kobe.DroidPhysX
This is true.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

the shell company has literally paid assassins to kill officials in nigeria.

Justify that lai.

MakeMeaSammitch
That has nothing to do with Objectivism or libertarianism. What is your point?
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#362 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Justify that lai.

Laihendi

Lai, link me a site for a sample of your book, please.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Justify that lai.

lo_Pine

I am not planning on releasing material before I publish to avoid plagiarism and potential copyright issues (excepting for a few trusted individuals).
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] That has nothing to do with Objectivism or libertarianism. What is your point?

I am not planning on releasing material before I publish to avoid plagiarism and potential copyright issues (excepting for a few trusted individuals).

Whose your publisher?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Laihendi
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Lai, link me a site for a sample of your book, please.

Whose your publisher?

I will be self-publishing.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I am not planning on releasing material before I publish to avoid plagiarism and potential copyright issues (excepting for a few trusted individuals).

Whose your publisher?

You are so full of sh*t. Just tell us whose alt you are already.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Justify that lai.

Laihendi

capitalism lead to the assassination of government officials and the repression of the population in Nigeria.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 Laihendi
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Whose your publisher?

You are being ignorant. You can self-publish for free on amazon and a variety of other places with ebook stores.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Justify that lai.

MakeMeaSammitch

capitalism lead to the assassination of government officials and the repression of the population in Nigeria.

Assassination of government officials has absolutely nothing to do with free markets. You are being absurd.
Chemistian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Chemistian
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] That has nothing to do with Objectivism or libertarianism. What is your point?Laihendi

Assassination of government officials has absolutely nothing to do with free markets. You are being absurd.

If the assassination occurred to prevent regulation or profit taxation, that could be viewed in context with capitalism and free markets. For instance: if CEO A wanted to kill Politician B in order to prevent paying additional taxes, this would fit with the free market profit model advocated by true capitalism. It is a bit of a stretch, but not much more of one than your argument for how Communism killed 94m people.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] That has nothing to do with Objectivism or libertarianism. What is your point?Laihendi

a company wasn't getting their way so they paid people to assassinate other peoople for money reasons.

communism 1 capitalism 0

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]capitalism lead to the assassination of government officials and the repression of the population in Nigeria.Chemistian

If the assassination occurred to prevent regulation or profit taxation, that could be viewed in context with capitalism and free markets. For instance: if CEO A wanted to kill Politician B in order to prevent paying additional taxes, this would fit with the free market profit model advocated by true capitalism. It is a bit of a stretch, but not much more of one than your argument for how Communism killed 94m people.

You cannot have a large scale communist government without killing the opposition. It is an inherently violent and oppressive political ideology. Every communist regime has been a violent regime. Look at the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, Cuba, etc. They are all violent regimes that imprison or kill those who dissent. Laissez-faire capitalism is a system of mutual voluntary cooperation rather than coercion. It is an inherently peaceful system and it has nothing to do with assassination. If a politician is assassinated that is not because markets are free, but because the assassin did not respect his victim's right to live.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]capitalism lead to the assassination of government officials and the repression of the population in Nigeria.

MakeMeaSammitch

a company wasn't getting their way so they paid people to assassinate other peoople for money reasons.

communism 1 capitalism 0

Please refer me to a laissez-faire economist who advocates assassinating government officials.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

Laissez-faire is an inherently non-existent system

Fixed that for you. Also what you said was a double standard.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 Laihendi

Laissez-faire is an inherently non-existent systemAce6301

Is saying that there is no laissez-faire country supposed to discredit the theory? Western civilization is falling apart, but you do not want laissez-faire economics because that is different from what we have now. That is irrational.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]I will be self-publishing.Laihendi

You are being ignorant. You can self-publish for free on amazon and a variety of other places with ebook stores.

How much will your book cost?
Chemistian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 Chemistian
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Chemistian"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Assassination of government officials has absolutely nothing to do with free markets. You are being absurd.

You cannot have a large scale communist government without killing the opposition. It is an inherently violent and oppressive political ideology. Every communist regime has been a violent regime. Look at the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, Cuba, etc. They are all violent regimes that imprison or kill those who dissent. Laissez-faire capitalism is a system of mutual voluntary cooperation rather than coercion. It is an inherently peaceful system and it has nothing to do with assassination. If a politician is assassinated that is not because markets are free, but because the assassin did not respect his victim's right to live.

Historically, this would seem to apply to capitalism as well. It was a capitalist government's fear of communism that lead to the Vietnam War. Under your initial premise, I guess all of the casualties, including those caused by weapon developments such as Agent Orange, can be chalked up to the communist side of the war. Furthermore, while I agree that capitalism is vastly superior to communism, we need not pretend that capitalism is some innocent choir boy. If we apply how businesses have been historically confronted with profits and casualties, and when operating under a laissez-faire system, those businesses have repeatedly chosen profits. Only when confronted with forced regulation, which is in direct contrast with laissez-faire (by definition), has a predominantly capitalistic system proven workable.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 Laihendi
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] You are so full of sh*t. Just tell us whose alt you are already.

It will vary by the ebook provider. It will be free on some, and on the lowest price possible for others (I think that is $0.99 for amazon).
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

Laissez-faire is an inherently non-existent systemLaihendi

Is saying that there is no laissez-faire country supposed to discredit the theory? Western civilization is falling apart, but you do not want laissez-faire economics because that is different from what we have now. That is irrational.

You talk as if laissez faire capitalism would fix everything yet it has never existed. That's pretty irrational. Since when is western civilization falling apart? We're at the most advanced point in human history, crime is constantly going down and the economy is recovering after it was crippled by idiot banks operating with too much power which proper regulation would have prevented. Speaking of regulation I heard China had 17,000 dead animals floating in a river the other day. Good times, glad to see removing obtrusive regulation like dumping laws helps the people.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Chemistian"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Chemistian"] If the assassination occurred to prevent regulation or profit taxation, that could be viewed in context with capitalism and free markets. For instance: if CEO A wanted to kill Politician B in order to prevent paying additional taxes, this would fit with the free market profit model advocated by true capitalism. It is a bit of a stretch, but not much more of one than your argument for how Communism killed 94m people.

Historically, this would seem to apply to capitalism as well. It was a capitalist government's fear of communism that lead to the Vietnam War. Under your initial premise, I guess all of the casualties, including those caused by weapon developments such as Agent Orange, can be chalked up to the communist side of the war. Furthermore, while I agree that capitalism is vastly superior to communism, we need not pretend that capitalism is some innocent choir boy. If we apply how businesses have been historically confronted with profits and casualties, and when operating under a laissez-faire system, those businesses have repeatedly chosen profits. Only when confronted with forced regulation, which is in direct contrast with laissez-faire (by definition), has a predominantly capitalistic system proven workable.

Communism is a violation of individual rights. No one has a right to impose a communist regime on a person. Any war to stop communism is necessarily a war of defense, because communism is by necessity an aggressive, coercive, and offensive political/economic system, so yes the deaths from Vietnam and every other Cold War conflict were caused by communism. Laissez faire capitalism is a system of networking individuals. The crime of one person represents his moral failing as an individual, not the failure of the entire system.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] That has nothing to do with Objectivism or libertarianism. What is your point?Laihendi

:lol:

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Ace6301"] Fixed that for you. Also what you said was a double standard.

You talk as if laissez faire capitalism would fix everything yet it has never existed. That's pretty irrational. Since when is western civilization falling apart? We're at the most advanced point in human history, crime is constantly going down and the economy is recovering after it was crippled by idiot banks operating with too much power which proper regulation would have prevented. Speaking of regulation I heard China had 17,000 dead animals floating in a river the other day. Good times, glad to see removing obtrusive regulation like dumping laws helps the people.

Pure laissez-faire capitalism not existing has nothing to do with the question of whether or not it would fix problems that the world is faced with today. Obviously a system will not fix problems if it is not being implemented. You are not even making a coherent argument. And considering that pretty much all of western civilization is hopelessly in debt, the fact that statism is becoming increasingly prevalent in all major western governments, and the fact that America has been becoming increasingly socialist over the past 80 years since FDR indicates that western civilization is falling apart.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Assassination of government officials has absolutely nothing to do with free markets. You are being absurd.Laihendi

communism 1 capitalism 0

Please refer me to a laissez-faire economist who advocates assassinating government officials.

nobody advocates it, but it's a consequence of capitalism.

Capitalism has also been the cause of wars.

For example, see "the gulf war".

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Is saying that there is no laissez-faire country supposed to discredit the theory? Western civilization is falling apart, but you do not want laissez-faire economics because that is different from what we have now. That is irrational.

Pure laissez-faire capitalism not existing has nothing to do with the question of whether or not it would fix problems that the world is faced with today. Obviously a system will not fix problems if it is not being implemented. You are not even making a coherent argument. And considering that pretty much all of western civilization is hopelessly in debt, the fact that statism is becoming increasingly prevalent in all major western governments, and the fact that America has been becoming increasingly socialist over the past 80 years since FDR indicates that western civilization is falling apart.

Do you not understand how evidence works? Oh who am I kidding let me explain: When you make a statement like "it will fix everything" people want to see "evidence" that proves the statement. What you are doing is called a "baseless claim". Debt is an issue but it can be easily fixed. Statism isn't an issue and given what we've seen if it's handled well it works out well. A little socialist policy in a capitalist economy works wonders on fixing the unfortunate side effects of a capitalist economy while also removing most of the unfortunate bits of socialist policy. I really don't get these people who think things should be a Utopia. It's not going to happen. We're a bunch of incompetent apes and the universe is pretty much the most cold and indifferent thing that could possibly exist. You do what works best and you do you best to fix the issues and if they can't be fixed you work around them. The simple fact that western civilization is incredibly well off right now obviously flies in the face that it's falling apart.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] You are being ignorant. You can self-publish for free on amazon and a variety of other places with ebook stores.

It will vary by the ebook provider. It will be free on some, and on the lowest price possible for others (I think that is $0.99 for amazon).

What's your synopsis?
Chemistian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 Chemistian
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Chemistian"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] You cannot have a large scale communist government without killing the opposition. It is an inherently violent and oppressive political ideology. Every communist regime has been a violent regime. Look at the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, Cuba, etc. They are all violent regimes that imprison or kill those who dissent. Laissez-faire capitalism is a system of mutual voluntary cooperation rather than coercion. It is an inherently peaceful system and it has nothing to do with assassination. If a politician is assassinated that is not because markets are free, but because the assassin did not respect his victim's right to live.

Communism is a violation of individual rights. No one has a right to impose a communist regime on a person. Any war to stop communism is necessarily a war of defense, because communism is by necessity an aggressive, coercive, and offensive political/economic system, so yes the deaths from Vietnam and every other Cold War conflict were caused by communism. Laissez faire capitalism is a system of networking individuals. The crime of one person represents his moral failing as an individual, not the failure of the entire system.

Communism could be defined as a violation of human rights, but so can socialism and so can capitalism. Any society with a majority rules system can freely advocate whichever system they so choose. Mao, Ho and Castro carried majorities, at least at the time of their rise to power. Their capitalists opponents were often guilty of imposing their systems to an even greater degree than their opponents, and in Vietnam's case, arguably at a greater cost. It was the West's failure to grasp this that lead to the American involvement in Vietnam, and it's ultimate failure there. Laissez faire capitalism can allow for, if not decidedly impose, serious human rights violations of its own. Whether defined within a failure of humanity, or the failure of the system as a whole, lessons from the balance of justice versus liberty offer humbling realities that must be accounted for. These would seem best evidenced within the US by labor markets during the early half of the twentieth century. One could reasonably state that the rise of organized crime occurred because of the lack of security and stability that was lacking prior to the creation of the social safety network, although Prohibition cannot be ignored for its contribution. To clarify: when coal mining companies began to recognize the risks and damages that were associated with coal mining, they attempted to suppress the medical information regarding lung degradation among their miners. When tobacco companies were confronted with both the health risks and the addiction factors associated with their products, they attempted to suppress that information. When chemical manufacturers realized they were polluting neighboring townships and waterways, they attempted to hide the evidence. This list is seemingly endless. It is an inherent flaw in laissez faire capitalism, because the system fails to account for human behavior. At some point, the flaws cannot be limited to the individuals or parties involved, but should instead be applied to the system a whole. Otherwise it only grasps a portion of the issue at hand.
RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kkaIfy9wU