• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]Carlos Mencia is freaking awesome. I find it funny that this Joe guy who no one has ever heard of is now the bad guy. LOL he got banned from that club. Carlois funny and just amazing. If he stole the jokes, why aren't the people he stole them from famous? Because Carlos is just awesome.

Ari (the guy who made the border joke), is pretty famous. He's not as famous as Carlos Mencia, but the only reason he's possible is because Comedy Central thought his racist brand of humor would result in serious laughs.... It did. The only problem is that they weren't thinking in the long run. There are much better, yet not as popular comedians, out there. There are great popular comedians out there, too. Bill Hicks is one of the most respected comedians amongst comedians, but he's not as famous, as, say, Dave Chapelle. That doesn't mean Bill Hicks wasn't influential, or not funny.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
[QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]Carlos Mencia is freaking awesome. I find it funny that this Joe guy who no one has ever heard of is now the bad guy. LOL he got banned from that club. Carlois funny and just amazing. If he stole the jokes, why aren't the people he stole them from famous? Because Carlos is just awesome.

Ari (the guy who made the border joke), is pretty famous. He's not as famous as Carlos Mencia, but the only reason he's possible is because Comedy Central thought his racist brand of humor would result in serious laughs.... It did. The only problem is that they weren't thinking in the long run. There are much better, yet not as popular comedians, out there. There are great popular comedians out there, too. Bill Hicks is one of the most respected comedians amongst comedians, but he's not as famous, as, say, Dave Chapelle. That doesn't mean Bill Hicks wasn't influential, or not funny.

Also, Dennis Leary ripped off Hicks and became famous, which is more or less the situation here. I never liked Mencia, though.It seemed like his stuff was edgy without any thought behind it to justify it.
loserstevep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 loserstevep
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts

Bill Hicks on Dennis Leary:

"I have a scoop for you. I stole his act. I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did."

darkside646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 darkside646
Member since 2005 • 1086 Posts
Note to self; hate Carlos Mencia from now on.
dante20010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 dante20010
Member since 2005 • 885 Posts
What Mencia did was pretty low. Not to say that I'll stop watching his comedy, because he has a lot of original cotent that is really funny, but this has lowered my respect for him, not as a comedian, but as a person.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
deactivated-60a3c754d0a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
Member since 2002 • 9782 Posts
lol, Carlos... I mean Ned got owned!
Ineedtofindyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ineedtofindyou
Member since 2007 • 529 Posts
dee dee dee :lol:
ElToRo_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ElToRo_14
Member since 2005 • 1408 Posts
It doesn't really matter if he steals or not. He's probrably still making more money than Joe Rogan.
loserstevep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 loserstevep
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts
It doesn't really matter if he steals or not. He's probrably still making more money than Joe Rogan.
ElToRo_14
Wow!!! Good point!! There's no possible flaw in that logic!!! BTW, Dane Cook is another horrible joke thief, he rips off many, including Louis CK.