Can't believe I'm doing this...(Girl Help)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

Ok so there's this cute girl in my history class and I want to break the ice, problem is I don't know how. I can talk to girls and stuff like that but the situation usually has a context that allows me to avoid the awkwardness of breaking the ice, but there is absolutely no barrier in this situation. Got any tips or good conversation starters that won't be awkward or strange? If it helps any the cla$$ is an hour long and the only time people can talk is right before while we're waiting for the teacher to show up, most of the time every one stares at their shoes to avoid eye contact so it would be very obvious if I just singled out this one girl and started talking to her, and pretty embarrassing if I got rejected. Any help would be great.

Oh and before anybody else says it "touch her shoulder/whip it out".

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#2 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Just talk to her, say "hi" and then see where it goes.

Talking to girls is not hard, people on GS act like they are aleins from another planet or something.

A good idea would be to ask her for help, or bring up something like "I like your shoes" or something.

Just be confident, don't over think it.

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

try to make eye contact with her before class, and if you see her smile or have a friendly demeanour while keeping eye contact, walk up to her and ask her something bout the class. like, "so how do you like this class?", "what's your area of study?", etc. then just introduce yourself and move on from there

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
Just say I know your trying to leave but excuse me miss. I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby.Yo. I don't know your name but excuse me miss.I saw you from across the room.And I got to admit that you got my attention.You're making me want to say yo.I know you're trying to leave but excuse me miss.I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby. Trust me you would make her fall inlove once you say those words :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

try to make eye contact with her before class, and if you see her smile or have a friendly demeanour while keeping eye contact, walk up to her and ask her something bout the class. like, "so how do you like this class?", "what's your area of study?", etc. then just introduce yourself and move on from there

rocinante_

Well sometimes I'll see her looking towards me, or at least in my general direction out of the corner of my eye, and as soon as I go to meet her gaze she turns away.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 codymcclain14
Member since 2010 • 6017 Posts
just say hi, and go from there, it's not hard. Make her laugh, be nice, and respectful. compliment her a little if you get a chance, but just a little, too much and you'll look weird. Honestly I wouldn't even flirt/hit on her. just talk to her, be chill, nice, and mostly make her laugh. If she intrested you'll know, and she will keep talking to you.
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

BATTOSAI76

Well sometimes I'll see her looking towards me, or at least in my general direction out of the corner of my eye, and as soon as I go to meet her gaze she turns away.

then just keep looking at her (not in a creepy way lol) when she does that, and she'll eventually notice you and will return the gaze.

she could just be shy, though, so you may have to go beyond looking for a cue and just go up to her. best of luck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

rocinante_

then just keep looking at her (not in a creepy way lol) when she does that, and she'll eventually notice you and will return the gaze.

she could just be shy, though, so you may have to go beyond looking for a cue and just go up to her. best of luck

Thanks for the tip. :)

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AussieePet

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

Fine ignore my advice!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

AussieePet

Fine ignore my advice!

Well that might be how they court in the land down under but I'm pretty sure here it would get me a lawsuit. :P

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
When she looks at you just say,"what you looking at,you see something over here you like"
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
pic?
Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

Pop her cherry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

pic?Nengo_Flow

Of me?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
Say hi and go from there.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Just say I know your trying to leave but excuse me miss. I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby.Yo. I don't know your name but excuse me miss.I saw you from across the room.And I got to admit that you got my attention.You're making me want to say yo.I know you're trying to leave but excuse me miss.I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby. Trust me you would make her fall inlove once you say those words :)AussieePet
Worst advice in this thread......
noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

TC you stink of fear even if you break the ice with a smooth line your bearing will most likely put her off. Just go for it and if she says no move on to your plan B.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Just say I know your trying to leave but excuse me miss. I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby.Yo. I don't know your name but excuse me miss.I saw you from across the room.And I got to admit that you got my attention.You're making me want to say yo.I know you're trying to leave but excuse me miss.I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby. Trust me you would make her fall inlove once you say those words :)AussieePet

This should be your plan B.

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
do this if you never want her to talk to you ever
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johnd13

Seriously I think you should say sth to her. Just the eye contact will not get you anywhere-believe me I' ve come to know this the hard way although you could have a different luck than me. Say anything normal it doesn' t really matter (at least as long as we both have the same standards for what normal means)-you' re going to feel shy before you do it but after that everything will get easier.

Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]Just say I know your trying to leave but excuse me miss. I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby.Yo. I don't know your name but excuse me miss.I saw you from across the room.And I got to admit that you got my attention.You're making me want to say yo.I know you're trying to leave but excuse me miss.I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby. Trust me you would make her fall inlove once you say those words :)SteverXIII
do this if you never want her to talk to you ever

Plus a restraining order.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AussieePet
[QUOTE="AussieePet"]Just say I know your trying to leave but excuse me miss. I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby.Yo. I don't know your name but excuse me miss.I saw you from across the room.And I got to admit that you got my attention.You're making me want to say yo.I know you're trying to leave but excuse me miss.I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby. Trust me you would make her fall inlove once you say those words :)LJS9502_basic

Others disagree
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="AussieePet"]Just say I know your trying to leave but excuse me miss. I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby.Yo. I don't know your name but excuse me miss.I saw you from across the room.And I got to admit that you got my attention.You're making me want to say yo.I know you're trying to leave but excuse me miss.I saved the last dance for you.How I love to keep you here with me oh baby. Trust me you would make her fall inlove once you say those words :)AussieePet

Others disagree

Others agree....
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AussieePet
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Worst advice in this thread......

Others disagree

Others agree....

What do you know about love? mr lonely
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="AussieePet"] Others disagree

Others agree....

You say the most stupid things. I am married you know. Are you? No. Then STFU.:)
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#26 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
ask her if she can explain some things about the class to you, then keep up the conversation, its not really hard.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]pic?BATTOSAI76

Of me?

Yes please
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#29 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
just say hi, and go from there, it's not hard. Make her laugh, be nice, and respectful. compliment her a little if you get a chance, but just a little, too much and you'll look weird. Honestly I wouldn't even flirt/hit on her. just talk to her, be chill, nice, and mostly make her laugh. If she intrested you'll know, and she will keep talking to you.codymcclain14
This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]pic?themajormayor

Of me?

Yes please

Okay.

[spoiler]

268704_2021848919946_1655660486_1918636_

A pic of me from last year. I look the same now more or less. [/spoiler]

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AussieePet
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Others agree....

You say the most stupid things. I am married you know. Are you? No. Then STFU.:)

lol i feel sorry for your wife i wonder what she see's in you, you're the biggest jerk ever :P
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="AussieePet"] What do you know about love? mr lonely

lol i feel sorry for your wife i wonder what she see's in you, you're the biggest jerk ever :P

Then stop talking about me.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 johnd13

[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]You say the most stupid things. I am married you know. Are you? No. Then STFU.:)LJS9502_basic

Then stop talking about me.

Is she your wife?

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

Wait for the eye contact, smile humbly and if you're close say hi. Then ask her about anything related to class or something and keep it rolling. But stay calm and cool at all times, this means, try to talk slow and take your time. Even if you sound nervous at first talking slow, keep it up as words and thoughts will usually come out better and the vibe you're tansmitting is soothing to the other person.

Avatar image for CondorCalabasas
CondorCalabasas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CondorCalabasas
Member since 2012 • 637 Posts

Bump into her in the hall.

If you think it could be awkward in the classroom, she is probably thinking the same thing.

And you might get a bad reaction whether or not she is interested in you.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Of me?

BATTOSAI76

Yes please

Okay.

[spoiler]

268704_2021848919946_1655660486_1918636_

A pic of me from last year. I look the same now more or less. [/spoiler]

I came. So anyway tell her that each curry forces the pseudo motorway
Avatar image for CondorCalabasas
CondorCalabasas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CondorCalabasas
Member since 2012 • 637 Posts

Bump into her in the hall.

If you think it could be awkward in the classroom, she is probably thinking the same thing.

And you might get a bad reaction whether or not she is interested in you.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Making small talk in class is relatively simple. Just start with some bullsh*t about the last test or exam or whatever, or homework even, and move on from there. And good luck bro.