can you withstand watching graphic videos (murder, decapitation, suicide)?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
Yes, I find them amusing.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
I can withstand it. But after watching stuff like that I go to YouTube and watch funny, happy videos to get my mind off the other stuff. :Pneedled24-7
This. I'm desensitized to the point where watching videos of people getting mutilated doesn't effect me, but the fact it doesn't effect me gets me down in the dumps, so I tend to cheer myself up afterward.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
[QUOTE="freek666"]As long as it doesn't involve animals, I'm okay with it. I could bring myself to watch the video of the soldier tossing the dog off the cliff, but I can watch a guy being decapitated.blackngold29
I don't know if that's normal or not, lol.

Its different. :P Most people are the opposite, but I cant stand to see an animal (domesticated animals like dogs and even stuff like bears and wolves) hurt. Except chickens because I eat them and it isnt a tough process to kill them. If I was forced to watch a dog being stomped to death or a man being drawn and quarted, bring on the man.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
Usually doesn't bother me.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
Unfortunately yes. The internet corrupted me loooong time ago.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]I can withstand it. But after watching stuff like that I go to YouTube and watch funny, happy videos to get my mind off the other stuff. :PLockedge
This. I'm desensitized to the point where watching videos of people getting mutilated doesn't effect me, but the fact it doesn't effect me gets me down in the dumps, so I tend to cheer myself up afterward.

I may be misinterpreting things, but basically what I'm hearing is that you see things, feel bad, and then try to cleanse yor mind of what you saw in order to get rid of the bad feelings?

And was I correct in interpreting that your bad feelings were NOT the result of actually SEEING whatever you saw, but that your bad feelings were caused by NOT FEELING BAD about whatever you saw?

Am I wrong or was that pretty much spot on?

If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry but I was wrong.

But if I am right, and what I interpreted actually reflects what you intended to say, then THAT could be a problem.

It's about desensitization and acceptance. Feeling bad because you saw something horrible is normal. Feeling bad because you DON'T feel bad is admittance that you don't feel bad about seeing truly messed up ****. And THAT is a WARNING. That's admitting that you SHOULD feel bad about seeing truly messed up ****, which is like admitting that you lost a part of yourself once you STOPPED feeling bad about seeing messed up ****.

NOW, when you see messed up ****, it doesn't bother you. You admit that it's a result of desensitization. You've been desensitized to the ACTUAL messed up **** that you see, and what makes you feel bad is NOT eeling bad about seeing messed up ***. Do you SEE where this is logically headed? Do you SEE that it's equally posible to become desensitized to the feeling you get when you watch messed up stuff and don't feel bad, just as you got desensitized to the ACTUAL messed up stuff in the first place?

Search your feeling, I think you know this to be true.

We can't help the way that we feel. But it certainly becomes easier and more comfortable to feel a certain way after you've become "desensitized" to it. The Unfamiliar generally makes people feel BAD, until they've become desensitized to it. Is this the sort of stuff that we WANT to be desensitized to? Never mind ACTUALLY killing or murdering people. But If you have become so desensitized to basic human understanding and compassion, and feel bad about such a loss, then that's a warning. Maybe you need to spend less time on anonymous internet forums and maybe you should spend less time watching murder movies and playing murder simulators. Maybe it's help if you volunteered at a rape therapy center and actually got to KNOW some people who were victims of atrocities.

Or...maybe doing that would desensitize you even more. But you've gotta do SOMETHING different. At some point you must have REALIZED that you had made a transition from feeling bad about suffering to feeling bad about not feeling bad about suffering. That's the time to examine WHY such a change has occured, and what you have to do in order to keep you from progressing on a general trend towards lack of concern about human life.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
Yeah, but it sends chills down my spine.
gasmaskman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 gasmaskman
Member since 2005 • 3463 Posts
I can stand watching them, but it's hard to do.
TheOddQuantum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TheOddQuantum
Member since 2008 • 2472 Posts
I've seen alot of this in real life (Well death), so I have no problem with videos of them.
mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

no things like that dont really phase me..

its wierd, i watched a woman give birth on tv during sex ed when i was at school and that really grossed me out.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
In a movie or something, that's fine, but I steer clear of events where it's real.
Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
no.....if its real life....just no
DanjuroPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DanjuroPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I go with needled24-7 's way, getting rid of it by flooding your memory heavily with other materials of the opposite nature
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
No... I think I would have to look away.
jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jonnymcl2k
Member since 2004 • 1604 Posts
after watching the dnepropetrovsk murder videos, im not affected by gore but by he fact it's a real man or woman who has family who love them, it's that which freaks me out.