Can you dissprove this ghost video? (EDIT: My evidence included)

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeLurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DeLurk
Member since 2007 • 2057 Posts

Is it scary?gamerelite5

No, it's more comical 

Gim-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Gim-kun
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Its fake, get sumthing REAL to do
nsj0806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 nsj0806
Member since 2006 • 2433 Posts

that could have been a shadow, rather than a ghost, and maybe then the person passed an object that blocked the lights reflection of his/her lower body.

and someone could have opened/closed the door from the other side.

Cesb02

or the more obvious conclusion

ITS A YOUTUBE VIDEO

you can get video editing software for free online and if you pay something you get even better stuff

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

:lol:   weakness.   why would a ghost have to turn a doorknob to exit the room??

groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts

I'm sure they checked to make sure if it was a shadow or not. You guys are just way too judgemental. I'm sure you don't know anything about the way film works, the way the insident happened, or really any idea what you're saying.

Hell, why should I bother...

camreeno360

So what are you saying? Are you saying that I'm being too judgemental that this video is a possible fake? Despite the hard evidence against the video that proves it's a fake? This video was edited with After Effects (or something similar) and they did a terrible cross fade into a new layer which is completely visible without any additional enhancements. If I'm correct at what you're saying, you're being too judgemental on me...

But ya, I don't know who you are talking about... believers of this video or people proving it's fake?

[QUOTE="groovdafied"]You guys read my results? If you watch at 51 seconds, right when the shadow emerges, the door knob shifts upward and the old one alpha channels out. It's VERY visible.jim1029

Yup, I noticed that too. It's kinda weird why that would happen, but it probably has to do with lighting through the "ghost" shadow.

Either that, or someone did some really bad alpha channeling and missed the door knob during the edit. There are two layers working here, you have the basic intro of the video displaying the room, then the new footage of the ghost comes in and the scene alpha channels into the new layer with the animation of the door opening.

Really bad After Effects shot, the detail was totally overlooked. The alpha channel cross fade to the new layer was totally visible, and the sounds are WAY too crystal clear. I yelled at the guy in the email telling him to re-post my findings or I'll make a video to debunk it, cause a lof of people who commented in there are taking it way too seriously and thinking it's real!

Let me show you an example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymtjlzFPCE

This was done using 3 different layers, easily created the effect of me dissapearing. I can adapt the same effect to recreate that ghost scene. It's too easy.

1) Obtain a normal background (original shot).

2)Tape myself walking to the door (second shot) I can even do this with a still image using photoshop too.

3)Tape the door opening and closing (thrid shot).

4)Take the 2nd shot I made, and matte myself to where I'm walking to the door & crop the remaining area around me out of the 2nd clip. This leaves the 2nd shot of myself just walking towards the door.

5)Change the 2nd shot to be complete black, add a gaussian blur, alpha channel about maybe 65% and a gradient matte that will show the upper torso and fade out the waist and below.

6)Make a final compensition with the Original Shot first, the 2nd shot on top of the original. with the 3rd shot completely alpha 0% to make it invisible.

7)Play the scene with the original and 2nd shots, and as soon as the shadow scene gets closer to the door, alpha the shadow out and bring in the 3rd shot to complete the door animat.

8)Add your non-realistic sounds.

Simple and done.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
well, the fact that its a ghost video is enough evidence that its fake
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 groovdafied

well, the fact that its a ghost video is enough evidence that its fakeDef_Jef88

The reason why I'm working hard to debunk it, cause 92K comments were posted saying how they believe the video is absolutely real. I want to debunk it, cause I hate liars. 

esb617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 esb617
Member since 2005 • 2464 Posts
Ok if the mom wanted to monitor the babies sleep patterns, why didnt she have the camera focused on the baby? It's common sense
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 groovdafied

Ok if the mom wanted to monitor the babies sleep patterns, why didnt she have the camera focused on the baby? It's common senseesb617

Annother piece of evidence that debunks it, however according to the TC of the video, he siad the mother wished the baby to remain annonymous and they ..."enhanced" the video which cropped out the crib. Although you can see the crib shadow against the wall.. :| 

DX_HBK_HHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 DX_HBK_HHH
Member since 2006 • 1452 Posts
i don't wanna watch it im to scared  :cry::cry::cry:
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 groovdafied
i don't wanna watch it im to scared :cry::cry::cry:DX_HBK_HHH
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 groovdafied
i don't wanna watch it im to scared :cry::cry::cry:DX_HBK_HHH
Nothing to be scared of if it's a fake video.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#63 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
Is thing scary, because I'm about to go to bed.
Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
if im scared of spiders im scared of ghosts... no thanks...
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#65 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
This video is merely the opening and closing of a door. That's why I recieved with the volume muted.
Franky-the-bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Franky-the-bat
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

I thought they were filming the babies sleeping patterns, so why is the camera set up to film the door?

Even the backgrounds sound effects sound awful; I refuse to believe people fall for this kind of crap.

karlgauci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67 karlgauci
Member since 2005 • 5504 Posts
too scared too watch...how embarresing
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 groovdafied

I thought they were filming the babies sleeping patterns, so why is the camera set up to film the door?

Even the backgrounds sound effects sound awful; I refuse to believe people fall for this kind of crap.

Franky-the-bat

If you read all the comments, people are really responding this fakeness 

woody998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#69 woody998
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts
Ive seen and encountered soooo many paranormal things that suggest ghosts/spirits/strange energy and such in my house, when I moved in i was skeptical, but now im a total bileaver, especially when I took that picture of me with my digital camera, scared the crap out of me, but that video is still quite bad quality so its hard to say its real because you dont even see all of the door.