can someone help pls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts
ok why arnt the images im uploading arnt showing up on these message boards and the little emoticons arnt showing up as well all i see is a red "X" help! 
wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 wurn
Member since 2004 • 2258 Posts
It means the link you have pasted in the message does not partain the image/file you in the link. Otherwords make shure the link to the pic is correct and that the pictures is really there... like this See the top link has a spelling mistake hence no image.. but one beneeth is yummy
ok why arnt the images im uploading arnt showing up on these message boards and the little emoticons arnt showing up as well all i see is a red "X" help! Gamefisher86
Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Smogtoe
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
Since you're talking about uploading stuff for the boards and such.  I was wondering, just exactly how did you get you're special avatar to do the whole movement thing.  Do you have a special program or something.......:oops: ?
wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wurn
Well to be honest but its something i had for awhile now, its Eddie from Iron Maiden and is a .gif file. Gif files can be made up of many images combined to give you the movement effect. One can use Flash MX even but a Gif animation application is better. I use Photoshop/Image Ready to do my gif files. To be honest my Eddie character will probably have a lot of images in it to give you that effect.
Since you're talking about uploading stuff for the boards and such. I was wondering, just exactly how did you get you're special avatar to do the whole movement thing. Do you have a special program or something.......:oops: ?Smogtoe
dmckenna774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 dmckenna774
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts

Well to be honest but its something i had for awhile now, its Eddie from Iron Maiden and is a .gif file. Gif files can be made up of many images combined to give you the movement effect. One can use Flash MX even but a Gif animation application is better. I use Photoshop/Image Ready to do my gif files. To be honest my Eddie character will probably have a lot of images in it to give you that effect. [QUOTE="Smogtoe"]Since you're talking about uploading stuff for the boards and such. I was wondering, just exactly how did you get you're special avatar to do the whole movement thing. Do you have a special program or something.......:oops: ?wurn

Knew i seen it from somewhere, its Eddie form Wildest Dreams, ain't it

wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wurn
  Yep.. The band Iron Maiden!

http://www.iron-maiden.ru/photos/eddie/85eddie01.jpg

[QUOTE="wurn"]Well to be honest but its something i had for awhile now, its Eddie from Iron Maiden and is a .gif file. Gif files can be made up of many images combined to give you the movement effect. One can use Flash MX even but a Gif animation application is better. I use Photoshop/Image Ready to do my gif files. To be honest my Eddie character will probably have a lot of images in it to give you that effect. [QUOTE="Smogtoe"]Since you're talking about uploading stuff for the boards and such. I was wondering, just exactly how did you get you're special avatar to do the whole movement thing. Do you have a special program or something.......:oops: ?dmckenna774

Knew i seen it from somewhere, its Eddie form Wildest Dreams, ain't it

dmckenna774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 dmckenna774
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
Madien are brilliant live...
wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wurn
Very true...
Madien are brilliant live...dmckenna774
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts
Yo, one of the Iron Maiden(ers) was the pilot for the plane that flew Scotland team...somewhere
wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wurn
Yes Bruce Dickenson, he's an Avid Flyer and a very very good Fencing/swordmen ass well.
Yo, one of the Iron Maiden(ers) was the pilot for the plane that flew Scotland team...somewhereliquid_s
Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts
going a little off topic lol :P  but like right now when i put this-----> :)  i cant see it all there is an X  why?
Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Smogtoe
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
[QUOTE="wurn"]Well to be honest but its something i had for awhile now, its Eddie from Iron Maiden and is a .gif file. Gif files can be made up of many images combined to give you the movement effect. One can use Flash MX even but a Gif animation application is better. I use Photoshop/Image Ready to do my gif files. To be honest my Eddie character will probably have a lot of images in it to give you that effect.
Since you're talking about uploading stuff for the boards and such. I was wondering, just exactly how did you get you're special avatar to do the whole movement thing. Do you have a special program or something.......:oops: ?Smogtoe

Thanks for the info I've been wondering for quite a while if it was .gif and sometimes one can't help but sound dumb asking a question like that. But I had to know.......and I figured it was Eddie, my musical interest with Iron Maiden goes way back to the "Number of the Beast" days, and "Powerslave" (my personal favorite).  Thanks again, look forward to trying something creative with a different avatar in the future.