Calling all asians! What do you think of the asian hair fad?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

So, I'm asian. I have been caught in this fad, here I am:n847155787_6421523_7235447.jpg

Currently, I'm just really pissed off that I became caught in the fad. I spend WAYYYYY to much time and effort into making my hair like anime. Every direction I look in the mall (here in Vancouver BC), most of the asians (guy and girl) have some sort of asian hair-do. I'm thinking, I should just cut it all, and not have to worry about sweating too much, wind, and anything else that would ruin the hair-do.

What do you guys think of the FAD? (NOT MY PIC, my poll is about the asian hair in general)

BananaNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BananaNuts
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts
I don't like it. 100% [2]
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

my absolute best friend John always said he would never do his hair like the other asian kids trying to imitate animes. But this year he did, and apparently did it really well, because now people come up to him asking who cut his hair (he did it himself) and asian girls always come up to him telling him how they like his hair.

I was joking "John, your hair attracts asian girls"

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts

Some reason I find it funny how it came from Japan....Its still popular there, I think.

BananaNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BananaNuts
Btw, hi Jonathan :)
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lonewolf604
Btw, hi Jonathan :)BananaNuts
who are you? lol
Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

Looks ok. :|

BananaNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BananaNuts

[QUOTE="BananaNuts"]Btw, hi Jonathan :)lonewolf604
who are you? lol

I wonder;)

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lonewolf604

Ceraby
tho, i wasn't asking about my pic, i was asking about the asian hair styles in general
Faber_Fighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Faber_Fighter
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
It's alright. Thing is at my school at least, it's starting to adapt to every single person. There's a fad going on about guys straightening their hair, and then having that or a similar hair cut. It looked cool when a few people have it, but now since everywhere you look everyone has the same hair cut, it's not that great anymore.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

On white people? Eh, I doubt most of them know its considered Eastern Asian. On us its not bad, personally I do my hair up like I'm in a VK band sometimes.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lonewolf604
It's alright. Thing is at my school at least, it's starting to adapt to every single person. There's a fad going on about guys straightening their hair, and then having that or a similar hair cut. It looked cool when a few people have it, but now since everywhere you look everyone has the same hair cut, it's not that great anymore.Faber_Fighter
yeah exactly. it was cool at first when i did it. its ironic, i'm finally able to style it properly, and get that asian hair, but its also the point in time where i'm getting very sick of it as well
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lonewolf604

On white people? Eh, I doubt most of them know its considered Eastern Asian. On us its not bad, personally I do my hair up like I'm in a VK band sometimes.

Tiefster
on white people, it would automatically turn into "emo" hair
_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
I just shaved my head so I don'thave to worry about hair:P
Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

[QUOTE="Ceraby"]

lonewolf604

tho, i wasn't asking about my pic, i was asking about the asian hair styles in general

What's the general asian hair style? :? For men I mean ( I'm assuming you mean males )...Like this? http://www.hm.h555.net/~delight-hair/newstyle/5/16-5.jpg

The all look fine, honestly.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tiefster
[QUOTE="Tiefster"]

lonewolf604
on white people, it would automatically turn into "emo" hair

Yeah I was going to say that. My one friend who didn't know I was mixed was like "you look like a scene kid" before he found out my hair pretty much does what it does with minimal work because of my ancestry.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
I don't follow fads, and to those who do, well whatever makes you happy I guess. I'm just the way I am, don't try to be the way I am, I just am... which means I'm very lazy and my hair is just wavy when it gets long or I shave it so I don't have to deal with it being in my eyes.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I envy the straightness in their hair. I wish mine was straight. My hair is naturally wavy, so it looks like crap at times. I just wish it was naturally straight so I can wear it down and grow it out some more.

I dig Asian women's hair a lot though. The type that is kind of spiky at the ends and goes down to thier chins or shoulders. I guess it's layered somehow. It's kinda hot.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

If you dont want to look like a joke, you must really put in effort to find a style that suits you. Most guys in my school follow the fad, but whether they picked a right stye for them, thats a seperate issue..But when they do, they look pretty good.

I myself havent tried it, my natural look is pretty decent and its waay too much hassle to make your hair every morning.

A little off topic, but i've seen whites attempting this fad before, and its just :lol:. (See Goku,DB movie)

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tiefster

If you dont want to look like a joke, you must really put in effort to find a style that suits you. Most guys in my school follow the fad, but whether they picked a right stye for them, thats a seperate issue..But when they do, they look pretty good.

I myself havent tried it, my natural look is pretty decent and its waay too much hassle to make your hair every morning.

A little off topic, but i've seen whites attempting this fad before, and its just :lol:. (See Goku,DB movie)

Zerocrossings
Yeah being mixed its weird for me, if I don't put enough effort into it then I just look weird because my face will look too fat.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lonewolf604

I envy the straightness in their hair. I wish mine was straight. My hair is naturally wavy, so it looks like crap at times. I just wish it was naturally straight so I can wear it down and grow it out some more.

I dig Asian women's hair a lot though. The type that is kind of spiky at the ends and goes down to thier chins or shoulders. I guess it's layered somehow. It's kinda hot.

yokofox33
use a straightener, my pic up there, it takes me at least 30 min to staighten all of it. i have wavy hair as well
carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 carrot-cake

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

lonewolf604

use a straightener, my pic up there, it takes me at least 30 min to staighten all of it. i have wavy hair as well

How do you keep it straight throughout the entire day? It doesnt work for me.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lonewolf604

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

carrot-cake

getting your hair thinned and layered would help. i also use leave in conditioners before i straighten my hair. there are also syrums that help keep your hair straight

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

lonewolf604

Yeah, I'm probably gonna get one soon. What I've done up till now is comb my hair straight when I get out of the shower and put a beanie over it so it can dry straight :lol:

I actually wear it to bed, too. The back is still a little curly since the beanie doesn't cover all the hair, but it gets the job done most of the time.

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 carrot-cake

[QUOTE="carrot-cake"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"] use a straightener, my pic up there, it takes me at least 30 min to staighten all of it. i have wavy hair as well lonewolf604

getting your hair thinned and layered would help. i also use leave in conditioners before i straighten my hair. there are also syrums that help keep your hair straight

Ugh, leaving conditioners in it... Yeah, the thinned and layered part I got covered when I get my haircut fresh, but it grows so quickly and so thick that after about a month it starts doing whatever it wants....I guess a hotter straightener would work too..?

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I used to have my hair like an anime character, I have no shame :lol: I live in Vancouver too and all my friends do it
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lonewolf604

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]

[QUOTE="carrot-cake"]

carrot-cake

Ugh, leaving conditioners in it... Yeah, the thinned and layered part I got covered when I get my haircut fresh, but it grows so quickly and so thick that after about a month it starts doing whatever it wants....I guess a hotter straightener would work too..?

yep, i recently bought a new (more expensive) straightener. you could by a good 70 dollar one, or if you wanted hella awesome results then there are the 150 dollar salon quality ones. tho keep in mind, if you SWEAT, or if its raining/humid, your hair will revert back to wavyness

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

Well at least you're not like this...

Lawl.

Lawl.

And yes... they're both guys :P

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yokofox33

yep, i recently bought a new (more expensive) straightener. you could by a good 70 dollar one, or if you wanted hella awesome results then there are the 150 dollar salon quality ones. tho keep in mind, if you SWEAT, or if its raining/humid, your hair will revert back to wavyness

lonewolf604

A straightener would be of no use to me then, haha.

My permanent home is in Miami, FL. Rains all the time and is humid as hell.

I currently live in Japan. Ditto.

I've had my hair straightened professionally at a salon before though. It lasted a good while, but was quite expensive.

Boostinsane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Boostinsane
Member since 2003 • 3425 Posts

this is why i hate being asian. *sighs*

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lonewolf604

this is why i hate being asian. *sighs*

Boostinsane
me too haha. to me, it was "since i'm asian, I HAVE to do that style, in order to be cool or get girls" haha. but now i realize it doesn't really do anything for me. i do like styling my hair, its just that it takes too long
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
I don't care for it. My hair doesn't look like that. Though, pretty much 99% of the other Chinese kids in my school do it. Indians don't. Malays generally try it as well.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Makes the american adults go LOLZ.

Probably looks good in Japan. It looks cool but it's something I wouldn't do.

escapeoftheape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 escapeoftheape
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts

Lonewolf, im white and i think that crazy hair styles are awesome.

personally, i make my hair look like the one of Jacoby Shaddix (of Papa Roach. He's one of my idols)

heres a pic

jacoby shaddix :)

asian enough for you? :)

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lonewolf604
[QUOTE="escapeoftheape"]

Lonewolf, im white and i think that crazy hair styles are awesome.

personally, i make my hair look like the one of Jacoby Shaddix (of Papa Roach. He's one of my idols)

heres a pic

jacoby shaddix :)

asian enough for you? :)

haha, yeah!
escapeoftheape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 escapeoftheape
awesome :) its so much more fun to have spikey & crazy hair than flat and boring hair.. :D everyone should be required to use hair wax! or atleast gel. itd make it so much more interesting to walk in the streets haha
waffle57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 waffle57
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts
I'm Asian, but I've always intended my hair to look more emo. Except it's still a bit too short for that, except its longer to one side in the front. I guess that counts as asian hair. I do like having hair thats naturally straight and black though.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Oh jesus...how do people get caught up in these ridiculous fads? I don't know why but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who can make an educated guess about future events. You guys do realize that in a few years people will look back at this and be like "Wow....how whack was that!?" It will be like the pastel suits of the 80s or box shoulder blazers that women used to wear. I dunno what it is...maybe its lack of fashion sense, or just getting caught up in the hype, but just because everyone is doing it, doesnt mean its not stupid. :(

These are my thoughts on the matter. Im not flaming people who like the fad, I'm flaming the fad itself. I figure sooner or later, you'll wake up and be that guy who says "Oh man, I remember doing that back in the days! What was I smoking!?"

waffle57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 waffle57

Oh jesus...how do people get caught up in these ridiculous fads? I don't know why but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who can make an educated guess about future events. You guys do realize that in a few years people will look back at this and be like "Wow....how whack was that!?" It will be like the pastel suits of the 80s or box shoulder blazers that women used to wear. I dunno what it is...maybe its lack of fashion sense, or just getting caught up in the hype, but just because everyone is doing it, doesnt mean its not stupid. :(

These are my thoughts on the matter. Im not flaming people who like the fad, I'm flaming the fad itself. I figure sooner or later, you'll wake up and be that guy who says "Oh man, I remember doing that back in the days! What was I smoking!?"

II_Seraphim_II
What if you're an Asian who just happens to like their hair in that fashion... >.>
escapeoftheape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 escapeoftheape
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

to be honest, i think me and my friends are going to have a rather good time looking back and laughing our assets off :D
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

waffle57
What if you're an Asian who just happens to like their hair in that fashion... >.>

Then you are an asian who happens to have terrible sense of fashion :P Like I said, I'm sure a lot of the people in the 80s wearing pastel suits and watching Miami Vice genuinely liked them...doesnt mean that today they aren't considered tacky as hell.
waffle57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 waffle57
[QUOTE="waffle57"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

II_Seraphim_II

Then you are an asian who happens to have terrible sense of fashion :P Like I said, I'm sure a lot of the people in the 80s wearing pastel suits and watching Miami Vice genuinely liked them...doesnt mean that today they aren't considered tacky as hell.

lol, maybe. oh well. I don't think one is supposed to live thinking about what people will think of you 20 years from now. Now where did I put my afro...
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Not a fad over here.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts
Like with any style, some people can pull it off, some can't. Doesn't bother me as much as that chav "grease everything down and straight" hair do did.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

i like Japanese 'shredder' hair;)

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

As an Asian, I believe you shouldn't be allowed to have that hair if you know English

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
It makes you look uber hardcore Asian. IMO, that's not a good thing, so I stick with somewhat normal looking hair. But I HAVE fallen into the slanted hair fad, but not so that my forehead is showing.
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

i like Japanese 'shredder' hair;)

sAndroid17
 :o
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

i'm a filipino and i don't like it. I see a lot of em here.

ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts

I think it looks cool. But it really hasn't caught on here where I live.