Boston Marathon hit by explosions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#751 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="FuggaJ"]People are beyond fallible when it comes to them getting any amount of power so yes. The need for someone to be punished comes from the ego of those hurt. I'm not saying I know how to run the world but I know it shouldn't be up to me or anyone else if someone should die or be locked away in a cage for something they've done. We should try and get beyond our emotional outrages and forgive so we can help the people not hide them away from the public just so everyone can feel safer. But I know, we are all only human and almost nobody likes this train of thought.FuggaJ

Well now that is why we in the west have trials with juries that have to convict beyond a reasonable doubt...and the sentencing is more or less standard with some leeway.

You know that doesn't make it perfect. Take it for what its worth because we will never know the real number but supposedly we (US) incarcerate 10,000 innocent people a year. Not to mention the times when actual bad people get off on technicalities or lack of evidence. The Stuebenville, Ohio incident for example. Almost everyone around the rapists tried to protect them and until it was brought to national attention through social media they would've gotten away no problem. I know it sounds like I switched my original point but I didn't. My point is our trial system works selectively and is far from flawless. It causes too much harm to victims when they are betrayed by the system on either side. Which is why I think we need to work towards emotional maturity to the point we can forgive even heinous crimes rather than sate our baser urge of revenge.

This is fine and I agree it's something humanity should work toward. What do you do about serial offenders though? Anyone can make a mistake, but some people are just broken. How do you deal with the small segment of people that just want to watch the world burn?

FuggaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#752 FuggaJ
Member since 2012 • 318 Posts

[QUOTE="FuggaJ"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]just kill yourself. You're rigt to think that you should kill yourself.

MakeMeaSammitch

Do you honestly believe the government cares about you though?

yes

Why? They've done more than enough messed up crap to prove they don't. If there is any reason for them to care it's the taxes you pay them. You, me, and everyone else is just a number. I'm not saying everyone in government is evil and heartless, but up at the top the majority only care about money and power.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#753 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="FuggaJ"]Do you honestly believe the government cares about you though?FuggaJ

yes

Why? They've done more than enough messed up crap to prove they don't. If there is any reason for them to care it's the taxes you pay them. You, me, and everyone else is just a number. I'm not saying everyone in government is evil and heartless, but up at the top the majority only care about money and power.

r u 13?

FuggaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 FuggaJ

[QUOTE="FuggaJ"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Well now that is why we in the west have trials with juries that have to convict beyond a reasonable doubt...and the sentencing is more or less standard with some leeway.Yusuke420

You know that doesn't make it perfect. Take it for what its worth because we will never know the real number but supposedly we (US) incarcerate 10,000 innocent people a year. Not to mention the times when actual bad people get off on technicalities or lack of evidence. The Stuebenville, Ohio incident for example. Almost everyone around the rapists tried to protect them and until it was brought to national attention through social media they would've gotten away no problem. I know it sounds like I switched my original point but I didn't. My point is our trial system works selectively and is far from flawless. It causes too much harm to victims when they are betrayed by the system on either side. Which is why I think we need to work towards emotional maturity to the point we can forgive even heinous crimes rather than sate our baser urge of revenge.

This is fine and I agree it's something humanity should work toward. What do you do about serial offenders though? Anyone can make a mistake, but some people are just broken. How do you deal with the small segment of people that just want to watch the world burn?

I really don't have an answer to that, I understand it is a serious point though. I still feel as though it's not my place to decide whether they live in a cage or die. There has to be a better solution but I am not the person who has it. The best answer that came to my mind was exile and even then I'm not satisfied with that because they can still do harm. I have many problems with this society as a whole that I have no idea how they could be fixed. I just like wishful thinking I guess.
FuggaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 FuggaJ

[QUOTE="FuggaJ"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]yes

MakeMeaSammitch

r u 13?

Add 7. I'm just not delusional.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="FuggaJ"]Why? They've done more than enough messed up crap to prove they don't. If there is any reason for them to care it's the taxes you pay them. You, me, and everyone else is just a number. I'm not saying everyone in government is evil and heartless, but up at the top the majority only care about money and power.FuggaJ

r u 13?

delusional people don't realize they're delusional.

grow up, you're in college, you shouldn't be thinking like a high schooler fresh to politics grossly oversimplifying and misrepresenting things things and acting paranoid

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#757 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Wish this thread wasn't getting derailed by conspiracy theories and Alex Jones.....

TwistedShade
+1,000,000 Three people died and well over 100 were injured. This is not the time to argue politics and conspiracy theories.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

Wish this thread wasn't getting derailed by conspiracy theories and Alex Jones.....

gamerguru100

+1,000,000 Three people died and well over 100 were injured. This is not the time to argue politics and conspiracy theories.

what do you expect from conspiracy theorists?

Same thing happened when that elementary school was shot up.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#759 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

MakeMeaSammitch

what do you expect from conspiracy theorists?

Same thing happened when that elementary school was shot up.

Every tin foil hatter I've seen online and in real life is so disconnected from reality they have no care in the world....they enjoy these events as a reason to go "HAHA SEE ITS HAPPENING!"

Thirty4Fifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760 Thirty4Fifty
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The government doesnt give a toss about you. If they really did they wouldnt even think about coming up with Operation Northwoods.

FuggaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 FuggaJ

[QUOTE="FuggaJ"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]r u 13?

MakeMeaSammitch

grow up, you're in college, you shouldn't be thinking like a high schooler fresh to politics grossly oversimplifying and misrepresenting things things and acting paranoid

You know instead of deflecting the arguments and insulting me, which by the way is how a child argues, you could try and debate your side. I admit I don't know jack about politics, but I do know their are many atrocities committed by the government. Do you know what the fast and the furious is? Tuskegee Experiments? Gulf of Tonkin? MK Ultra? CIA drug trade? Army protecting Afghani poppy fields? I'm a realist and don't blindly support a *****ed up system. Maybe your the one that needs to grow up, my friend.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="FuggaJ"]Add 7. I'm just not delusional.FuggaJ

You know instead of deflecting the arguments and insulting me, which by the way is how a child argues, you could try and debate your side. I admit I don't know jack about politics, but I do know their are many atrocities committed by the government. Do you know what the fast and the furious is? Tuskegee Experiments? Gulf of Tonkin? MK Ultra? CIA drug trade? Army protecting Afghani poppy fields? I'm a realist and don't blindly support a *****ed up system. Maybe your the one that needs to grow up, my friend.

You act like it's a malevolant thing out there to get people, while in reality it's just officials doing their jobs for the purpose of helping people; like a postman or a fire fighter, many of whom are actually democratically elected.

Yes, the government does sh1tty things, it also does alot of good things, look at the FDA or the EPA or the postal service. Or laws that regulate building codes, or water quality codes, ect.

Also, don't tell me you don't know much about politics and then act like all the gov't does is evil.

GeForce2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 GeForce2187
Member since 2006 • 2963 Posts
I'm wondering if North Korea is somehow involved in this.
FuggaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 FuggaJ

[QUOTE="FuggaJ"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]delusional people don't realize they're delusional.

MakeMeaSammitch

You act like it's a malevolant thing out there to get people, while in reality it's just officials doing their jobs for the purpose of helping people; like a postman or a fire fighter, many of whom are actually democratically elected.

Yes, the government does sh1tty things, it also does alot of good things, look at the FDA or the EPA or the postal service. Or laws that regulate building codes, or water quality codes, ect.

Also, don't tell me you don't know much about politics and then act like all the gov't does is evil.

No I'm not acting like that at all, I'm sorry that's what you took from it. I'm not talking about postman, or firemen. I'm talking about people that actually run things. The majority in power couldn't care less about you or anyone in the general public as long as they have them on their side. They want their payoff and whatever power their position entails. Don't fool yourself, you are nothing but a number and a cash cow to them. Again just in case you want to misread me again, not everyone in government is evil nor is the entire system a malevolent being. But that doesn't mean they give a **** about you.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
I'm going to pray extra loudly tonight. Gonna yell it from the rooftops, shaking my fist
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Please lock this thread. It's complete sh!t now.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

gamerguru100

That's what I would expect a conspirator to say. :o

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

Stesilaus

That's what I would expect a conspirator to say. :o

The hell?
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

Please lock this thread. It's complete sh!t now.

Jebus213

all it takes is one idiot to mention alex jones

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

....am I the only one who thinks Mr. Torgue had something to do with this?

[spoiler] Boston I am here to ask you one questions and one question only: EXPLOSIONS? [/spoiler]

[spoiler] OK, Imma just go on my way to hell now. Really do think the situation is absolutely terrible but I just couldn't resist.... [/spoiler]

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#771 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

I'm wondering if North Korea is somehow involved in this.GeForce2187
or Alqeada

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#772 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

gamerguru100

the two faced hypocrisy is strong with this one.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="GeForce2187"]I'm wondering if North Korea is somehow involved in this.SNIPER4321

or Alqeada

My bet is either CIA or Zionists did this. then they will see who is to blame. North korea or alqaeda. based on situation.

You really are serious aint ya?

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Shame, absolute shame. Prayers for all the people affected.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]You really are serious aint ya?SNIPER4321
yes im serious. there is Huge Zionist Lobby that control US government. majority of US citizens dont even know what zionist lobby is. it was pre-planned game.

Have you ever considered the point that you may be wrong and everything may not be a conspiracy, and you are just a little insane.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

This thread is beyond derailed...time to put it out of its misery.