Boston Bomber Guilty on All Charges

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
@JangoWuzHere said:

@Master_Live said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@indzman said:

Bring the good ol hanging or guillottine in public, some of them deserve to die this way and fellow terrorrists a warning.

Nah, give him free health care for life, that'll show them terrorists!

The death penalty has never been a deterrent for crime. No one fears the risks of capital punishment.

It is about satisfaction. The public will have their satisfaction this time.

That's dumb

Be that as it may, but that's the way the world turns.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@indzman said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Master_Live said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@indzman said:

Bring the good ol hanging or guillottine in public, some of them deserve to die this way and fellow terrorrists a warning.

The death penalty has never been a deterrent for crime. No one fears the risks of capital punishment.

That's dumb

No offense, why thats dumb? What about when these fvcking terrorrists kill innocent civilians by tons without mercy? To show them mercy or no death penalty is dumb lol.

Death penalty is 10x-20x more expensive then life in prison. Executing someone just to satisfy someones bloodlust is really lame.

I'm not arguing the morality of the death penalty. Capital punishment sucks because it's financially self destructive. Spending 200 million dollars just to kill a single person is more like a sick way of honoring their death. Do you not see how backwards that is? We should be spending the least amount of money possible to punish these people. Prisons cost less, and the convicted have an opportunity to at least give something back to society, even if it is very little.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@indzman said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Master_Live said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@indzman said:

That's dumb

No offense, why thats dumb? What about when these fvcking terrorrists kill innocent civilians by tons without mercy? To show them mercy or no death penalty is dumb lol.

Death penalty is 10x-20x more expensive then life in prison. Executing someone just to satisfy someones bloodlust is really lame.

I'm not arguing the morality of the death penalty. Capital punishment sucks because it's financially self destructive. Spending 200 million dollars just to kill a single person is more like a sick way of honoring their death. Do you not see how backwards that is? We should be spending the least amount of money possible to punish these people. Prisons cost less, and the convicted have an opportunity to at least give something back to society, even if it is very little.

Ahhh, i now understand financially death penalty is more expensive than life term, you want to mean why waste tax payers hard earned money amirite?

Just a quick question, how 200 million $ is spent on killing a person? I've no idea as i'm not from US. In my country ( India ) they hang the criminals in jail as by offense, don't think its very costly tho.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@indzman said:

Ahhh, i now understand financially death penalty is more expensive than life term, you want to mean why waste tax payers hard earned money amirite?

Just a quick question, how 200 million $ is spent on killing a person? I've no idea as i'm not from US. In my country ( India ) they hang the criminals in jail as by offense, don't think its very costly tho.

Our government takes the death penalty very seriously. large amounts of money are spent on legal proceedings and extra trials to make sure a wrongly convicted individual isn't killed. However, even with all that legal crap, innocents are still wrongly executed for crimes they did not commit. I believe 5% of all the death penalty cases in the US involved an innocent person being executed. I imagine that percentage would jump significantly if we didn't have the extra legal stuff for capital punishment.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 indzman

@JangoWuzHere said:

@indzman said:

Our government takes the death penalty very seriously. large amounts of money are spent on legal proceedings and extra trials to make sure a wrongly convicted individual isn't killed. However, even with all that legal crap, innocents are still wrongly executed for crimes they did not commit. I believe 5% of all the death penalty cases in the US involved an innocent person being executed. I imagine that percentage would jump significantly if we didn't have the extra legal stuff for capital punishment.

Still, 200 million american dollars are spent on whether or not to kill a single convict? thats insane HaHa. Now i understand why you guys avoid death penalty lol. Thanks a lot for the information about how legal proceedings work in your country regarding death pentalty and its cost :)

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Hope he gets life in prison. I know these dick less losers out for retribution and a desire for blood lust are going to push the death penalty however.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@thegerg said:

Doctors do not perform lethal injections. You've demonstrated yourself to be extremely ignorant on this subject. Maybe you should take the opportunity to learn about capital punishment before forming such opinions.

Well excuuuuse me, Mr Know-it-all. Maybe you shouldn't butt in on convos that don't involve you? :)

You've demonstrated yourself to be extremely annoying in this dialog.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

Some Crimes are beyond Rehabilitation

... What difference does it make? You basically want to increase the court costs by driving for a death penalty, when you can just house him for life for much cheaper.. In the end we get the same result, we never hear from him again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-59d151f079814

@indzman said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Master_Live said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@indzman said:

That's dumb

Because your lowering your ideals and morals.. What makes us not them is our refusal to ever stoop to those levels..

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#62  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

Doctors do not perform lethal injections. You've demonstrated yourself to be extremely ignorant on this subject. Maybe you should take the opportunity to learn about capital punishment before forming such opinions.

Well excuuuuse me, Mr Know-it-all. Maybe you shouldn't butt in on convos that don't involve you? :)

It's a public forum, homie.

I think you not having any clue what you're talking about is more annoying than thegerg's condescending but absolutely correct post.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bigboi500

@GreySeal9 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

I think you not having any clue what you're talking about is more annoying than thegerg's condescending but absolutely correct posts.

I can say whatever I like, homie.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#64 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

I think you not having any clue what you're talking about is more annoying than thegerg's condescending but absolutely correct posts.

Nobody said you couldn't.

However, this post is absolutely rich coming from somebody who complained about another user butting into a public conversation.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Bigboi500

@GreySeal9 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

Nobody said you couldn't.

However, this post is absolutely rich coming from somebody who complained about another user butting into a public conversation.

What evs, sweet cakes.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I do not think the death penalty is the right call. More than that, I do not think lax talionis or retributive justice is. Instead, I choose to support rehabilitative justice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-59d151f079814

Nietzche has a famous quote that should sum up this whole thing on the matter "Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster".. We are better than petty revenge and it takes strength of character to uphold such ideals.. The most horrific things that cause the most anguish are not the exceptions but the very examples to test our ideals against.. Throw away the key and let this guy be forgotten..

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bigboi500

@sSubZerOo said:

Nietzche has a famous quote that should sum up this whole thing on the matter "Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster".. We are better than petty revenge and it takes strength of character to uphold such ideals.. The most horrific things that cause the most anguish are not the exceptions but the very examples to test our ideals against.. Throw away the key and let this guy be forgotten..

Aren't we being monsters for wanting him to suffer for years instead of being put out of his misery? Just a thought.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Bigboi500
@thegerg said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

You're excused.

Anyway, this is a conversation on a public forum of which I am a member about current events and our legal system. This involves me as much as it involves you.

That's great and all, but I don't see the need for being aggressively condescending just because I said something that wasn't highly factual. People in the real world aren't so tough on general conversation, so why the ball-busting? I wasn't speaking in specific terms, just general talk about ideas.

So lighten up a bit.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Aren't we being monsters for wanting him to suffer for years instead of being put out of his misery? Just a thought.

No, we're not monsters for wanting to separate these people from society without resorting to killing. I'm not against the death penalty but jesus christ do people really need to be on death row for decades and cost the state butt-tonnes of money? If you're going to isolate people from society, whichever path you choose make it cheap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Bigboi500 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

The prison sentence is to keep him away from the public forever due to the clear threat in the laws he violated leading to numerous causalities.. The prison sentence is not there for a person to suffer..

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Bigboi500

@ianhh6 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

No, we're not monsters for wanting to separate these people from society without resorting to killing. I'm not against the death penalty but jesus christ do people really need to be on death row for decades and cost the state butt-tonnes of money? If you're going to isolate people from society, whichever path you choose make it cheap.

Solitary confinement for life is extremely cruel and unusual punishment, regardless of what he did. I'm just sayin' that might not be the best option for a civil society to just lock him in a room by himself and throw away the key.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Bigboi500 said:

@ianhh6 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Solitary confinement for life is extremely cruel and unusual punishment, regardless of what he did. I'm just sayin' that might not be the best option for a civil society to just lock him in a room by himself and throw away the key.

Who said this guy is going to get solitary confinement? And if he does in some form or another, it will be due to for his own protection from the rest of the prison population.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

People in the real world aren't so tough on general conversation

You might be surprised. That is not to say you are extremely ignorant, but some people are unnecessarily critical even if they, themselves have been incorrect, before.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Catalli  Moderator

@sSubZerOo said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Who said this guy is going to get solitary confinement? And if he does in some form or another, it will be due to for his own protection from the rest of the prison population.

Exactly, I never said solitary. Just separate this group of people from the larger, functioning part of society.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Bigboi500

@BranKetra said:

@Bigboi500 said:

People in the real world aren't so tough on general conversation

You might be surprised.

Well the people I chose to associate myself with in the real world don't act like condescending jerks unless you commit a serious offense. This isn't a court of law for cryin' out loud, just people gathering around the water cooler and "shooting the shit" as they say.

Seems like a lot of people that can't include themselves with every day people interactions in the real world come here to pick and poke other poster's comments apart simply because they're safe behind a computer screen far away from others.

It's very contrasting from face to face convos with regular people to over-analyzed gotta be perfect or I'll talk down to you crowd you generally come across on the net.

I'm usually very easy going and friendly to everyone.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Bigboi500
@ianhh6 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Exactly, I never said solitary. Just separate this group of people from the larger, functioning part of society.

CBS news just reported on tv that solitary confinement is one of the options on the table for him. Personally I'd rather be killed than be isolated from all humans for the rest of my life.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Master_Live
Loading Video...

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Catalli  Moderator

@Bigboi500 said:
@ianhh6 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@Bigboi500 said:

CBS news just reported on tv that solitary confinement is one of the options on the table for him. Personally I'd rather be killed than be isolated from all humans for the rest of my life.

Me too. Solitary confinement shouldn't be used as a punishment in my opinion, much less permanently... Like < 0 said, it should be for protection, and then only temporary imo. I dunno, it's a tricky subject when the law goes beyond its rehabilitative intent in dealing with criminals.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bigboi500

@ianhh6 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Me too. Solitary confinement shouldn't be used as a punishment in my opinion, much less permanently... Like < 0 said, it should be for protection, and then only temporary imo. I dunno, it's a tricky subject when the law goes beyond its rehabilitative intent in dealing with criminals.

No easy or perfect solutions no matter what happens. I know I wouldn't want to be burdened with the heavy responsibility of punishing criminals.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Master_Live

It can be intellectually stimulating to have philosophical and theoretical discussions but in the end, Tsarnaev will probably be executed.

And that is that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@thegerg said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@ianhh6 said:

I'm guessing that he'll end up in solitary for his own safety.

Most likely some form of protective housing (not sure if that's different from solitary). I believe they do the same thing for Sirhan Sirhan

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Bigboi500

@thegerg said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@thegerg said:

You're excused.

Anyway, this is a conversation on a public forum of which I am a member about current events and our legal system. This involves me as much as it involves you.

That's great and all, but I don't see the need for being aggressively condescending just because I said something that wasn't highly factual. People in the real world aren't so tough on general conversation, so why the ball-busting? I wasn't speaking in specific terms, just general talk about ideas.

So lighten up a bit.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but the simple fact is that you've demonstrated yourself to be rather ignorant of the realities of capital punishment in the US.

Yeah well I'm human. I can freely admit I make mistakes and am not perfect. Same goes for you. You could use some lessons in general politeness and etiquette.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Bigboi500

@thegerg said:

I certainly do make mistakes, I know that. Though my reply to your ill-informed comment may have been firm, it was not impolite.

That's debatable, but it sure wasn't necessary. Most people would have simply mentioned that doctors don't do that, and then moved on. I mean we've had multiple backs and forths and you're still harping on it. Who does that?

Time to let it go.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Bigboi500

@thegerg said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

I certainly do make mistakes, I know that. Though my reply to your ill-informed comment may have been firm, it was not impolite.

That's debatable, but it sure wasn't necessary. Most people would have simply mentioned that doctors don't do that, and then moved on. I mean we've had multiple backs and forths and you're still harping on it. Who does that?

Time to let it go.

I'm only commenting on it still because you've yet to let it go.

Also, NOTHING posted here is necessary.

I can clearly see you have a problem being civil with people, even on the net. So... at this point I'm going to say go be unpleasant with someone else, and good day to you.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Bigboi500

@thegerg said:

@Bigboi500: Haha. At no point have I been uncivil with you.

How about wrong? Are you a clinic professor? The guy says that doctors can and do participate in executions, it is a common misconception that they aren't allowed, and that what role they play is not clear, which could mean they are the one pushing the button.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Bigboi500

@thegerg said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

How about wrong? Are you a clinic professor? The guy says that doctors can and do participate in executions, it is a common misconception that they aren't allowed, and that what role they play is not clear, which could mean they are the one pushing the button.

Doctors are present to pronounce death, not to kill the convicted.

Wrong again. The article says the main reason they're present is in case of a botched scenario. Therefor it would make perfect sense for them to perform the action, to make sure it's done properly.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Bigboi500

@thegerg said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@thegerg said:

Doctors are present to pronounce death, not to kill the convicted.

Wrong again. The article says the main reason they're present is in case of a botched scenario. Therefor it would make perfect sense for them to perform the action, to make sure it's done properly.

No, it would not "make perfect sense" to perform X action if they're there to respond to X being done incorrectly. Doctors are also present at boxing matches to respond if something goes wrong, that doesn't mean that they're there to "perform the action."

"bu bu bu *goes off-topic* " gtfo of here.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Well... it isn't like he was going to get community service or something, was it?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Bigboi500

@PcGamingRig said:

Well... it isn't like he was going to get community service or something, is it?

Yeah, he'll get a serious punishment one way or the other.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 indzman

@sSubZerOo said:

@indzman said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Master_Live said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@indzman said:

That's dumb

Because your lowering your ideals and morals.. What makes us not them is our refusal to ever stoop to those levels..

I'm not as forgiving TBH :( If someone kills my fellows, close ones i'll certainly want blood for blood lol.