Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59009 Posts

Thoughts?

When I saw this I got confused and thought it took place in Nolans movie, as Wayne Tower appears to be the exact same and it talks about Batman having gone.

Unsurprisingly, men are angry. Not really sure why, it's clearly aimed at woman. I remember they bitched about Supergirl as well and that was far better than Zack Synders nightmare.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

It looks so cheap, emo and B grade. But to each his own.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I can't stand the armored Batman suits.

Also, quoting this because it's funny.

"I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work"

brb using Batman's suit

brb using Batman's tech

brb using Batman's secret lair

brb using Batman's established reputation and fear

brb using either Batman's money or rich CEO dad's

feels almost like an intentional parody of "I worked super hard to get where I am all on my own!" types lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

woke

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ezekiel43: I don't think it's actually armored, at least not iron-man levels of TDK. Just black leather.

Basically looks like a 1/1 of the comic. Assuming from the trailer as well a proto-suit is used.

The problem I have is Kate Kane herself. She really does look like angry Tumblr user ready to get a job at Polygon. I guess because she's a lesbian and don't need no man yo', looking feminine and attractive is automatically bad? Alrighty. Personally don't find it aesthetically appareling at all. Maybe woman and lesbians will, no idea.

Still give this a wack. Not gonna throw a bitchfit like a 14 year old because it's aimed at a different group of people.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Looks too much like a chick flick for my taste. Nothing wrong with that though. Hopefully it's not going to have feminist vibes but it probably will. Luckily I won't be watching it. Lol

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Eh it was always going to be a little feminstie, that's how Batwoman has always been. Like she's always had the lesbian I'm badass attitude. I was fully expecting it to be in the show.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@ezekiel43: I don't think it's actually armored, at least not iron-man levels of TDK. Just black leather.

Basically looks like a 1/1 of the comic. Assuming from the trailer as well a proto-suit is used.

The problem I have is Kate Kane herself. She really does look like angry Tumblr user ready to get a job at Polygon. I guess because she's a lesbian and don't need no man yo', looking feminine and attractive is automatically bad? Alrighty. Personally don't find it aesthetically appareling at all. Maybe woman and lesbians will, no idea.

Still give this a wack. Not gonna throw a bitchfit like a 14 year old because it's aimed at a different group of people.

I prefer the spandex in your second pic over the hard rubber and thick leather in the trailer. Something like Trinity's thin, tight leather would be fine too.

This is pretty lame to me:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup

I think the problem with Ben Aflecks suit is more to do with proportion. In a comic book, animation or video game, heroic proportions are the norm and physics can take a back seat. When you apply that to reality if feels unnatural. Don't see any problem with hers, it's design is also comparatively simple, presumably that's the suit before it's finished.

Side note - fav Batman costume is both the normal and armored one from TDK, which Zack Synder somehow managed ruin

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127508 Posts

I don't know much about Batwoman... But she is an established character already and this does not match up with what little I know...?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup

@horgen: Yes, fairly new character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwoman

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

Wasn't The Oracle previously Batwoman? Or am I mixing up characters here? Is she in any way different from Batman? Honestly my first impression here is simply take Batman, change gender and leave it at that.

Oh well. I might give it a shoot, but I think I will continue with season 2 of Supergirl instead.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Wasn't The Oracle previously Batwoman? Or am I mixing up characters here? Is she in any way different from Batman? Honestly my first impression here is simply take Batman, change gender and leave it at that.

Oh well. I might give it a shoot, but I think I will continue with season 2 of Supergirl instead.

Batwoman and Batgirl are 2 different characters. Batgirl is indeed Oracle/Barbara Gordon, and Batwoman is a different character, claimed to be Bruce Wayne's Cousin.

The most cringe line in that trailer

"Can't let a man take credit for a womans work"

Bicch, you just stole all of Bruce's gadget's, suit, and his name!

zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 zatorys
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

nah .skiping .......

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18799 Posts

@npiet1 said:

Eh it was always going to be a little feminstie, that's how Batwoman has always been. Like she's always had the lesbian I'm badass attitude. I was fully expecting it to be in the show.

Xena>>>>>The rest?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58336 Posts

@Master_Live said:

It looks so cheap, emo and B grade. But to each his own.

I kind of like that, though.

A lot of the CW shows look like really well-made half professional, half amateur YouTube fan movies. I find that very endearing. Not everything needs high production values and star power if it's entertaining and captures the spirit of its source material.

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Batwoman and Batgirl are 2 different characters. Batgirl is indeed Oracle/Barbara Gordon, and Batwoman is a different character, claimed to be Bruce Wayne's Cousin.

Thank you for clarifying that I was a little confused.

I've got some catching up to do concerning the CW shows. I think they just added Flash Season 5 to Netflix (or will soon) and I think I am behind on Arrow.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@PSP107 said:
@npiet1 said:

Xena>>>>>The rest?

Yes for nostalgia but it was on TV like a month ago, It did not age well.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:

The most cringe line in that trailer

"Can't let a man take credit for a womans work"

you just stole all of Bruce's gadget's, suit, and his name!

That does sound like a repeat of Supergirl. But I guess in her case it makes more sense unlike this Batwoman.

I don't have high hopes for this. Hopefully it will prove me wrong.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@horgen: Supergirl was atrocious, this will be no different. It sucks because i actually did like Supergirl in the comics. Never really got into Batwoman, but I did like Batgirl a lot and her relationship with Nightwing/Dick Grayson

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@horgen: Supergirl was atrocious, this will be no different. It sucks because i actually did like Supergirl in the comics. Never really got into Batwoman, but I did like Batgirl a lot and her relationship with Nightwing/Dick Grayson

I found it somewhat decent. It's a character I like hence why I gave it a chance.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup

Quite enjoyed S1/2 of Supergirl, but lost track afterwards.

Again, better than Zack Snyders shit. Felt more in line with the first two classc Superman movies.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1854 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I honestly believe Captain Marvel was the right level of leaning into the whole woman thing. The character was obviously a feminist while not being aggressively anti-man. The No Doubt song playing during the space station brawl was a cute touch. Even though admittedly she doesn’t match the charisma of literally every other Marvel hero we have been exposed to, she’s still a decent addition.

Having said that...the batwoman trailer was absurd.

I’m guessing this show is made for feminist lesbians and pretty much nobody else. Maybe that’s a bigger demographic than I realize.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

@uninspiredcup: I honestly believe Captain Marvel was the right level of leaning into the whole woman thing. The character was obviously a feminist while not being aggressively anti-man. The No Doubt song playing during the space station brawl was a cute touch. Even though admittedly she doesn’t match the charisma of literally every other Marvel hero we have been exposed to, she’s still a decent addition.

Having said that...the batwoman trailer was absurd.

I’m guessing this show is made for feminist & lesbians and pretty much nobody else. Maybe that’s a bigger demographic than I realize.

If you actually meant to say this, then yes, that's a fairly large demographic.

That said, I probably won't be tuning into this either, but then again I haven't tuned into any of the DC tv shows aside from early seasons of Gotham (before I gave up on that crap) so I'm probably not the person they're looking for either.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Bad acting (deadpan expression, monotone voice)

Pushing the sjw agenda way too hard

Uninteresting plot/characters

Unrealistic action scenes - a light weight female throwing men around like they're made of paper...

But that final line: "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work" was just the icing on the cake lmfao.

Like really???

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1854 Posts

@thereal25: Yeah 90lb woman might be able to knock down a 200lb man if she were shot out of a cannon at him. Short of that, probably not realistic.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uninspiredcup

@Baconstrip78 said:

@thereal25: Yeah 90lb woman might be able to knock down a 200lb man if she were shot out of a cannon at him. Short of that, probably not realistic.

I believe it is possible for someone much lighter and physically weak to take down a heavy person if they know what they are doing. But I mean, it's fantasy. Does it really matter

Loading Video...

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Looks as campy as the other four DC shows in the series and Batwoman didn't feel out of place during the cross over episodes. Can't see why men would be angry about it, the trailer is no where near as bad as Supergirl season 1 was under CBS. That was just flat out racist and sexist at times.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup

@vagrantsnow said:

Looks as campy as the other four DC shows in the series and Batwoman didn't feel out of place during the cross over episodes. Can't see why men would be angry about it, the trailer is no where near as bad as Supergirl season 1 was under CBS. That was just flat out racist and sexist at times.

Agreed. It's weird.

If this was 10+ years ago, doubt anyone would have batted (hu hu) an eye-lid. Now anything aimed at woman = propaganda

Trailers can somewhat bemisleading as well, remember being deeply apathetic towards Dredd, than I saw it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Hmm, not sure what to think about that one.

From the trailer they seemed to want to spoonfeed the whole PC Mantra "men and women are equal 100%" nonsense and nothing about it feels natural which can backfire so bad.

But i bet a lot of young girls will love it so why not, and there is plenty of room for it, and of course it´s not like anyone is forced to watch it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

Superhero shows are realistic to you?

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

Superhero shows are realistic to you?

No but the male batman has a bit more credibility.