Barack Obama's presidency in 12 images

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"] I'm fairly confident nobody can be this out of touch with reality. It's like you believe the other 50% of the country is going to come to the epiphany that being progressive is irrational, and we should all hop on a conservative bandwagon.UCF_Knight

Your idea of "progressive" is interesting to say the least.   

Use whichever antonym you'd like for conservative, I don't care. The growing subcultures in the US and the 'progressive' attitude towards human rights are not magically disappearing anytime soon. I like how we went from recent talks about the GOP changing their platform to accommodate current demographics, to now discussing how the democratic party is dying and the republicans will have easy victories until a new party can emerge.

I don't agree with the idea that the republicans will have easy victories.  I doubt they will have many victories at all.  The idiots in this country seem to like the collectivist message that Obama spreads.  

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Are we not the same hart? If you cut the both of us, do we not both bleed red blood? If so then tell me why is it that we as not just a nation, but a species can't unite to create a better future for us all?

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Obama did well with first time voters because they were naive, but after 8 years of him they will not be so eager to support another democratic candidate.Laihendi

Based on what? If the Democratic candidate distances themself from Obama like McCain or Romney did I think they'll be fine. McCain and Romney both lost because they were boring candidates, not because their predecessor was bad.

Romney ran a much more energetic campaign than Obama in 2012. He lost because the GOP is highly fractured right now, and the memory of Bush is still strong enough that NPA voters were not willing to rally behind Romney. Obama came across as being old and tired in this campaign. The first debate is a perfect example. The democrats won in 2012, but it was an unenthusiastic win. Ron Paul got people excited about the GOP and it is about to make a huge comeback.

That is about the silliest take on the 2012 election I've heard. Almost trolling.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Abbeten"]not sure why people are upset about dronessonicare
The issue isn't with the drones per se, but with the profound secrecy that surrounds the CIA drone program. The agency to this day still doesn't even formally acknowledge said program's existence.

I think the drones are pretty bad, though. I understand the need to go after enemies, but there needs to be a better way than this. This just amounts to execution.

so it would be more morally acceptable to give them a fighting chance and put American lives in danger?
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 hartsickdiscipl

Are we not the same hart? If you cut the both of us, do we not both bleed red blood? If so then tell me why is it that we as not just a nation, but a species can't unite to create a better future for us all?

Yusuke420

Define "better future."

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
I don't agree with the idea that the republicans will have easy victories.  I doubt they will have many victories at all.  The idiots in this country seem to like the collectivist message that Obama spreads.  hartsickdiscipl
Well then we agree, though I think mostly everyone is an idiot, not just liberals.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 coolbeans90

idk why people's panties are disproportionately knotted by drones

i mean, the fact that an airstrike killed 20+ civilians isn't somehow any worse b/c it was done without the pilot being physically inside the aircraft

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] The issue isn't with the drones per se, but with the profound secrecy that surrounds the CIA drone program. The agency to this day still doesn't even formally acknowledge said program's existence. Abbeten
I think the drones are pretty bad, though. I understand the need to go after enemies, but there needs to be a better way than this. This just amounts to execution.

so it would be more morally acceptable to give them a fighting chance and put American lives in danger?

my thoughts

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
idk why people's panties are disproportionately knotted by dronescoolbeans90
I love the people that believe the government is using drones to spy on them. Yes, the government spent hundreds of millions of dollars into research and development of a highly sophisticated aircraft, and spends hundreds of thousands more to keep this aircraft operational, so that it can monitor you driving to work in the morning, walking your dog, etc. People are idiots.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]I don't agree with the idea that the republicans will have easy victories.  I doubt they will have many victories at all.  The idiots in this country seem to like the collectivist message that Obama spreads.  UCF_Knight
Well then we agree, though I think mostly everyone is an idiot, not just liberals.

We agree on that too.  The reason I identify more with the right is that they seem to support personal accountability more than the left.  That's pretty much the key to a healthy society, IMO.  

If the right doesn't like what you stand for, they won't go out of their way to help you make it legal.  If the left doesn't like it, they'll do whatever they can to make it illegal.  They seem to like to punish the whole class for what a few bad kids do.  That is and always has been wrong.  It's the difference between passive and direct oppression.  While there are morally bankrupt people on both sides of the left/right war, I find that the basic tenets of the right are more in line with my conscience.  There is of course, no perfect human solution.  

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

hartsickdiscipl

Define "better future."

Ending world hunger and poverty, focusing on the sciences and space exploration, and generally treating the planet better then we have been. 

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
not sure why people are upset about dronesAbbeten
Me neither to be honest...
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Yusuke420

Define "better future."

Ending world hunger and poverty, focusing on the sciences and space exploration, and generally treating the planet better then we have been. 

Ending world hunger and poverty would be great.  Let's focus on ending poverty in our own country first.  

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Define "better future."

hartsickdiscipl

Ending world hunger and poverty would be great.  Let's focus on ending poverty in our own country first.  

And do you support programs that actually do end poverty in the US, or are you just giving lip service to the idea of ending poverty?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

These pictures make no sense to me.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Define "better future."

hartsickdiscipl

I agree completely, hey look at this a liberal like myself and hart find some common ground. Now what ideas do you have to get us there? I think we should convert the welfare program into a jobs training program. We feed you for 6 months and teach you a skilled trade in that same time frame. Also partner with businesses to see what their needs are and how we can train people to meet them. 

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Ending world hunger and poverty, focusing on the sciences and space exploration, and generally treating the planet better then we have been. 

-Sun_Tzu-

And do you support programs that actually do end poverty in the US, or are you just giving lip service to the idea of ending poverty?

I don't support those programs if they put the country into more debt or raise taxes on the rest of the population.  That is obviously not acceptable.  

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Ending world hunger and poverty, focusing on the sciences and space exploration, and generally treating the planet better then we have been. 

Yusuke420

I agree completely, hey look at this a liberal like myself and hart find some common ground. Now what ideas do you have to get us there? I think we should convert the welfare program into a jobs training program. We feed you for 6 months and teach you a skilled trade in that same time frame. Also partner with businesses to see what their needs are and how we can train people to meet them. 

That does sound better than what we have going on currently.  It might even filter out those who are truly just too lazy to carry their own weight.  

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

hartsickdiscipl

I don't support those programs if they put the country into more debt or raise taxes on the rest of the population.  That is obviously not acceptable.  

You didn't answer the question.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] And do you support programs that actually do end poverty in the US, or are you just giving lip service to the idea of ending poverty?

-Sun_Tzu-

Yes I did.  You just didn't like the answer.  

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

hartsickdiscipl

Yes I did.  

You didn't, but w/e you say

Giving reasons for why you wouldn't support these programs given a specific context is not you saying whether or not you support these programs on their own merits. 

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Yusuke420

Exactly, my plan is a win-win for the economy, sadly I don't have the credentials to run for political office. 

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] You didn't answer the question. -Sun_Tzu-

Yes I did.  

The answer is yes.  I support those types of programs if they don't put the country into more debt or raise taxes on the rest of the US population.  

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Yusuke420

Exactly, my plan is a win-win for the economy, sadly I don't have the credentials to run for political office. 

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#125 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Yusuke420

Since when does somebody need credentials to get into politics?

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] You didn't answer the question. -Sun_Tzu-

Yes I did.  

Giving reasons for why you wouldn't support these programs given a specific context is not you saying whether or not you support these programs on their own merits. 

How the program affects the national debt and individual working Americans is a big part of it's merit.  

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

Yes I did.  

hartsickdiscipl

How the program affects the national debt and individual working Americans is a big part of it's merit.  

So if the benefits of more aggressive anti-poverty initiatives outweighed any potential costs from higher taxes or more public debt, you still wouldn't support that?
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] You didn't, but w/e you say

-Sun_Tzu-

So if the benefits of more aggressive anti-poverty initiatives outweighed any potential costs from higher taxes or more public debt, you still wouldn't support that?

Need details.  I'm not here to make everyone else productive.  This isn't a collective.  That's the idea behind what I'm saying.  Any plan that forces the general population to pay out more to buoy those who can't carry their weight can't be a good thing.  It's contrary to the very ideas of personal accountability and free enterprise.   

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

airshocker

Fair point, but I wouldn't know where to begin to be honest lol. 

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I can't take anything you say seriously knowing you're a 911 conspirator.

-> honesty.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Yusuke420

Fair point, but I wouldn't know where to begin to be honest lol. 

All you really need is a pile of money and a big mouth.  Or a bunch of friends with piles of money and you can be their puppet.  

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

hartsickdiscipl

Need details.  I'm not hear to make everyone else productive.  This isn't a collective.  That's the idea behind what I'm saying.  Any plan that forces the general population to pay out more to buoy those who can't carry their weight can't be a good thing.  It's contrary to the very ideas of personal accountability and free enterprise.   

I don't see how this conversation can continue if you insist on parroting vague, empty slogans.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 hartsickdiscipl

-> honesty.

MakeMeaSammitch

I had no part in the events of 9/11.  I'm offended that you'd call me a conspirator. 

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] So if the benefits of more aggressive anti-poverty initiatives outweighed any potential costs from higher taxes or more public debt, you still wouldn't support that? -Sun_Tzu-

Need details.  I'm not hear to make everyone else productive.  This isn't a collective.  That's the idea behind what I'm saying.  Any plan that forces the general population to pay out more to buoy those who can't carry their weight can't be a good thing.  It's contrary to the very ideas of personal accountability and free enterprise.   

I don't see how this conversation can continue if you insist on parroting vague, empty slogans.

Likewise.  You've yet to present a real plan.  

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

-> honesty.

hartsickdiscipl

I had no part in the events of 9/11.  I'm offended that you'd call me a conspirator. 

I was directing that at the op, but this does apply to you too.

you're a nut. Everybody thinks you're a nut.

-> honesty

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 hartsickdiscipl

-> honesty.

MakeMeaSammitch

-> honesty

If by "everybody," you mean a large portion of OT..  yes, that's probably true.  Strange that I don't elicit such responses in person.  

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MakeMeaSammitch

hartsickdiscipl

-> honesty

If by "everybody," you mean a large portion of OT..  yes, that's probably true.  Strange that I don't elicit such responses in person.  

I promise you that if you tell people that you think jesus was an hybrid alien/human and that "god" was a horney alien, then people will never look at you the same way again.

->honesty

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]I was directing that at the op, but this does apply to you too.

-> honesty

MakeMeaSammitch

I promise you that if you tell people that you think jesus was an hybrid alien/human and that "god" was a horney alien, then people will never look at you the same way again.

->honesty

I've discussed Ancient Astronaut Theory with nearly everyone that I work with.  I've gotten mixed responses.  4 people that I know now feel that it is the most likely explanation, given the available data.  

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 MakeMeaSammitch

hartsickdiscipl

->honesty

I've discussed Ancient Astronaut Theory with nearly everyone that I work with.  I've gotten mixed responses.  4 people that I know now feel that it is the most likely explanation, given the available data.  

smh

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Abbeten"]not sure why people are upset about dronessonicare
The issue isn't with the drones per se, but with the profound secrecy that surrounds the CIA drone program. The agency to this day still doesn't even formally acknowledge said program's existence.

We never fight fair when we can. It's one of those things of "just how it is."

3 to 1 fire superiority, raids at odd hours, overwhelming technology. UAVs or not, there is nothing fair about warfare or how we conduct it.

Honestly, I feel like people have a problem with the technology more than anything else. SunTzu is the one regular poster on this board I've seen that actually knows what he is talking about.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] The issue isn't with the drones per se, but with the profound secrecy that surrounds the CIA drone program. The agency to this day still doesn't even formally acknowledge said program's existence. whiskeystrike

3 to 1 fire superiority, raids at odd hours, overwhelming technology. UAVs or not, there is nothing fair about warfare or how we conduct it.

Honestly, I feel like people have a problem with the technology more than anything else. SunTzu is the one regular poster on this board I've seen that actually knows what he is talking about.

I always ask but never get strait answers; why do people hate drones so much?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

hartsickdiscipl

->honesty

remind me to never meet these said 4 people

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

BCCmV56CYAA4WXg.jpg.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"] I think the drones are pretty bad, though. I understand the need to go after enemies, but there needs to be a better way than this. This just amounts to execution.MakeMeaSammitch

I think it's fear of the technology. The majority of UAVs are used simply to scan IEDs, conduct convoy overwatch and similar tasks.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#145 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

I think it's fear of the technology. The majority of UAVs are used simply to scan IEDs, conduct convoy overwatch and similar tasks.

And two other things:

- they can be used at home on citizens

- they are basically like playing with a toy...point, click, boom.  No risk to the user, etc.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Praline, do you really believe the west is controlled by Zionists?

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#147 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

I hate politics, I really do

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Why are conservatives so scared of Obamacare?

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#149 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Looks legit to me.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

idk why people's panties are disproportionately knotted by drones

i mean, the fact that an airstrike killed 20+ civilians isn't somehow any worse b/c it was done without the pilot being physically inside the aircraft

coolbeans90
But they get medals