Bam Margera's Reaction to Ryan Dunn's Death

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

This literally made me baww'd into tears. It's hard to see Bam go through this, I've never seen this kind of side of him. He usually has a smile.

I've been a fan of him ever since my childhood, since the beginning of Viva la bam. He was an inspiration to me. I've never really cried about something until this hit me :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncM0sVEeirU&feature=related

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

Poor Bam. :(

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Maybe they'll finally grow up and realize that they can't keep living that kind of lifestyle at their ages. It is sad but let's not forget who's fault it was.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I don't really think he should be interviewed while in that state, but yeah that is sad.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]Maybe they'll finally grow up and realize that they can't keep living that kind of lifestyle at their ages. It is sad but let's not forget who's fault it was.

What lifestyle? :|
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

It's a shame that this is just another drunk driving statistic. While a lot of people don't really like Bam, Dunn and the others for what they did, there's still a lot of people out there that feel sorry for them and send their wishes.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="n00bkid"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"]Maybe they'll finally grow up and realize that they can't keep living that kind of lifestyle at their ages. It is sad but let's not forget who's fault it was.

The 'over thirty-something acting like teenagers with lots of money and spending their days getting wasted' lifestyle.
MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]Maybe they'll finally grow up and realize that they can't keep living that kind of lifestyle at their ages. It is sad but let's not forget who's fault it was.n00bkid

The Jackass lifestyle.

SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SilverSignal
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts
[QUOTE="n00bkid"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"]Maybe they'll finally grow up and realize that they can't keep living that kind of lifestyle at their ages. It is sad but let's not forget who's fault it was.MushroomWig

The 'over thirty-something acting like teenagers with lots of money and spending their days getting wasted' lifestyle.

You mean enjoying themselves? They should be ashamed of themselves!
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="n00bkid"] What lifestyle? :|SilverSignal

Well considering Dunn basically killed someone else due to his actions...yeah, they should be ashamed of themselves for the way they still act.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

Thought this was going to be about his comments aimed at Ebert.
I can understand him being sad, as this video shows. But I'm not very sympathetic torwards him after his outburst at the old guy on Twitter..

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="n00bkid"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"]Maybe they'll finally grow up and realize that they can't keep living that kind of lifestyle at their ages. It is sad but let's not forget who's fault it was.

sounds like a pretty cool lifestyle if you ax me
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

I feel really sad for all of em =/. Shouldn't have happened. Losing your best friend is probably one of the hardest things in the universe, at least when you lose family you kind of expected them to go someday, but you never expect the death of a friend.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58504 Posts

Bam has always seemed like the emotional type, and I don't mean that in a mean way. Impulsive, passionate, generally kind, and all the good and bad things that go with having an attitude and emotional outlook of that kind.

I feel bad for him; iirc Dunn was a lifelong friend, practically a family member, of the Margeras. I, and I assume a lot of posters here, have lost at least one good friend through tragedy and it is easy to empathize with Bam.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="lloveLamp"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="n00bkid"] What lifestyle? :|

sounds like a pretty cool lifestyle if you ax me

Drunk driving deaths don't sound cool at all. :|
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SilverSignal
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts
[QUOTE="SilverSignal"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] The 'over thirty-something acting like teenagers with lots of money and spending their days getting wasted' lifestyle.MushroomWig

Well considering Dunn basically killed someone else due to his actions...yeah, they should be ashamed of themselves for the way they still act.

Let me ask you a question. If a relative or good friend got very drunk (as people do) and did the same thing as Dunn did and died in a crash, would you think they also deserved to die? Would you be happy if other people showed no respect, like you're doing, and said they deserved to die? Dunn made a huge mistake he paid for with his life. His passenger was willing to get in the car and not forced so Dunn is not a muderer. It was accidental. He did not deserve death.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
So sad. :(
Avatar image for blackacidevil96
blackacidevil96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blackacidevil96
Member since 2006 • 3855 Posts

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] The 'over thirty-something acting like teenagers with lots of money and spending their days getting wasted' lifestyle.MushroomWig

there is a huge difference between being a drunk driver and being stuntment. which is what they are. they are all inspirations to enjoy life in my view. the only difference between them and any other stuntmen is these guys have a grossout factor to their stunts. dunn was drinking and driving which is always a stupid idea in every respect, you make it sound like they are all drunk all the time or completely fubar. which is not true. infact there wasnt even alcohol allowed on the jackass 3 set. (due to steve-o's prior addictions)

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gaming-Planet

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="SilverSignal"] You mean enjoying themselves? They should be ashamed of themselves! blackacidevil96

there is a huge difference between being a drunk driver and being stuntment. which is what they are. they are all inspirations to enjoy life in my view. the only difference between them and any other stuntmen is these guys have a grossout factor to their stunts. dunn was drinking and driving which is always a stupid idea in every respect, you make it sound like they are all drunk all the time or completely fubar. which is not true. infact there wasnt even alcohol allowed on the jackass 3 set. (due to steve-o's prior addictions)

I agree with this.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

This thread will just fall into the same argument as the other threads.

It's a shame this happened.The cast is heartbroken and Bam is hurt the most I would think.

FPSunionOWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FPSunionOWNS
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts

How can that reporter just stand there and keep asking questions, anyone with a brain knows to at least try and confort him not bombard him with more questions

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
I made a post on one of the many memorial pages on facebook, dedicated to Dunn, about that video. It makes me so sad to see Bam Margera, one of the most happy-go-lucky/insane/random persons on this planet completely devastated by the loss of his friend. Dunn was awesome, and I hope Bam doesn't do anything stupid during his grieving, because the world will be a much much poorer place if he goes as well.
berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
I'm sad now :(
berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts

How can that reporter just stand there and keep asking questions, anyone with a brain knows to at least try and confort him not bombard him with more questions

FPSunionOWNS
Reporters don't have souls that's why.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
The phony moralists at Fox News don't even have the decency to respect someone when he's in pain. That's to be expected.
Aspen706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Aspen706
Member since 2010 • 4560 Posts
Those guys were like brothers! its so sad to see this happen to Bam.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

man Dunn was my favorite member of the jackass crew cause he always seemed so normal and calm compared to everyone else. Honestly, I think Novak should have died instead of Dunn. :(

swaggafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 swaggafied
Member since 2010 • 391 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="SilverSignal"] You mean enjoying themselves? They should be ashamed of themselves! SilverSignal

Let me ask you a question. If a relative or good friend got very drunk (as people do) and did the same thing as Dunn did and died in a crash, would you think they also deserved to die? Would you be happy if other people showed no respect, like you're doing, and said they deserved to die? Dunn made a huge mistake he paid for with his life. His passenger was willing to get in the car and not forced so Dunn is not a muderer. It was accidental. He did not deserve death.

Mushroom did not say anything at all like that, he was saying that if they keep living the "jackass" lifestyle more of this will come, so therefore they should use the tragedy of what happened to Dunn and learn from it. And make a change for the better via having a bit more maturity when it come to life and how to live it without risking their lives/others everyday. Secondly, Mushroom never said anything about Dunn deserving to die. Just saying.

BDM666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BDM666
Member since 2006 • 7922 Posts
The phony moralists at Fox News don't even have the decency to respect someone when he's in pain. That's to be expected.kuraimen
This isn't even from the same lightning-rod that is the Fox News Channel. It seems more likely to be from a local Fox affiliate station...
z50macdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 z50macdaddy
Member since 2010 • 498 Posts

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts

I hope Bam doesn't do anything stupid during his grieving, because the world will be a much much poorer place if he goes as well.Deihjan
I really don't know how to phrase it politely so I'll just say it...lolwut?

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
It was saddening to watch it.
NukaNuked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 NukaNuked
Member since 2011 • 973 Posts

You're saying this like they are all living that "life style" most of them are pretty settled down by now....

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

It is possible to enjoy yourself responsibly... these guys, especially at their ages, should have that figured out by now...
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] Well considering Dunn basically killed someone else due to his actions...yeah, they should be ashamed of themselves for the way they still act.swaggafied

Mushroom did not say anything at all like that, he was saying that if they keep living the "jackass" lifestyle more of this will come, so therefore they should use the tragedy of what happened to Dunn and learn from it. And make a change for the better via having a bit more maturity when it come to life and how to live it without risking their lives/others everyday. Secondly, Mushroom never said anything about Dunn deserving to die. Just saying.

Getting hammered and then getting behind the wheel of a car is no accident... everybody knows what the potential consequences to DUI are...
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#37 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="SilverSignal"] You mean enjoying themselves? They should be ashamed of themselves! SilverSignal

I wouldn't say they deserved to die. But when you do what Ryan Dunn did, it's kind of inevitable.

And as for it happening to some one in my family, there was a really close call. And it didn't bother me one bit when people said it was his fault.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2517 Posts

Wow...that was emotional. Even for me.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

Let me ask you a question. If a relative or good friend of yours was killed by a drunk driver, how would you feel about that driver?

Would it make a difference if that drunk driver was a celebrity or not?

What if your friend willingly got into a car and the driver was drunk and killed them both? How about if it was a drunken taxi driver?

The driver, pilot of the plane, or guy with the throttle on a speedboat, it is all the same. That person is solely and entirely responsible for the operation of the vehicle and safety of the persons within it.

People aren't saying that he deserved to die. Just like the passenger did not deserve to die. I don't think anyone believes the penalty for drunk driving should be death. But he does deserve to be called a jackass. And he did kill someone because he was acting like a jackass which directly led to their deaths. Consequently, his last act was unquestionably a jackass move.

I'll buy that it could be considered insensitive. However, I wonder if the other fellows family are crying because poor Ryan died, and his poor family and poor Bam? Or are they thinking WTF, that jackass killed our son/brother/boyfriend?

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PernicioEnigma

The phony moralists at Fox News don't even have the decency to respect someone when he's in pain. That's to be expected.kuraimen
They then go on to condemn those stealing parts of the reckage to sell on ebay, as if they're not also trying to profit off other peoples misery.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Not too happy about that last part. Selling parts of the car on Ebay? That's about as low as you can get :(

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gaming-Planet

I made a post on one of the many memorial pages on facebook, dedicated to Dunn, about that video. It makes me so sad to see Bam Margera, one of the most happy-go-lucky/insane/random persons on this planet completely devastated by the loss of his friend. Dunn was awesome, and I hope Bam doesn't do anything stupid during his grieving, because the world will be a much much poorer place if he goes as well.Deihjan
Yeah, I'm pretty worred about Bam. I feel his pain.

Not too happy about that last part. Selling parts of the car on Ebay? That's about as low as you can getPatchMaster

Yeah that's really **** up. Hope no one buys it.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That was rather sad. He seemed extremely broken up.

Usually actors don't get that tied to each other but these guys were extremely close friends. This really sucks.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PernicioEnigma

That was rather sad. He seemed extremely broken up.

Usually actors don't get that tied to each other but these guys were extremely close friends. This really sucks.

Wasdie
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure most of the Jackass guys met in highschool, so they were friends before they even got famous.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Driving 130 MPH on a public road with a BAC of .196 is something to be ashamed of. I still think it's a tradgedy, but I don't feel as bad with this kind of death as I would for someone who was following all the road rules. Thank god he didn't hit another car.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TacticalDesire

Noone said he deserved to die, but once again better someone who brought it on themselves than someone who did nothing to increase their odds or put themselves in unnecessary danger.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] The 'over thirty-something acting like teenagers with lots of money and spending their days getting wasted' lifestyle.TacticalDesire

Driving 130 MPH on a public road with a BAC of .196 is something to be ashamed of. I still think it's a tradgedy, but I don't feel as bad with this kind of death as I would for someone who was following all the road rules. Thank god he didn't hit another car.

Definitely that. But for himself I can feel no sympathy. We live by our decisions.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"] You mean enjoying themselves? They should be ashamed of themselves! LJS9502_basic

Definitely that. But for himself I can feel no sympathy. We live by our decisions.

I feel sympathetic as he didn't deserve to die, but there are so many bad things that happen to people who did nothing to bring them on that it's hard to really feel quite as sympathetic in regards to someone who definitely could have consciously and physically prevented this from happening.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"] You mean enjoying themselves? They should be ashamed of themselves! LJS9502_basic

Also, people like this really really do aggravate me, if he wants to put his own life in danger so be it, but he's going onto a public road where he could have potentially killed innocent people who were following the speed limit and under the legal intoxication level.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

My condolences to Bam and all of Ryan's friends and family. The people who stole pieces of the accident just to sell on Ebay make me sick.