champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts

Which of these movies do you think is going to be the biggest one of them all?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

It's always hard to say whether or not the Avengers films will be running on fumes with as many films as they churn out so it's hard to predict them two years from now.

With that said I'm going to go with Star Wars. It seems like a fairly sure thing.

Edit. Shit, just looked up Infinity Wars and it's set to be the 19th and 22nd films in the MCU. I'm not sure there's ever been a film series that has gone as long as it already has with that many hits.

chitosan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 chitosan87
Member since 2012 • 103 Posts

@champion837 said:

Which of these movies do you think is going to be the biggest one of them all?

I’ll take Justice League. I know most of us hated when they killed bad guys in DC’s movie, but Zynder started it and make it all make sense.

I love Marvel and Civil War lately, but as a comic fans it turned out a bit disappointing. Because in Civil War comic, heroes were falling down and some of them were dead. Even Civil War II killed some of our favorite’s characters. But the Movie just play it too safe, which is why I prefer DC movie …

And Suicide Squad promises to deliver us the point of view of Batman from the criminals and why they fear & hate Batman. Well, I’ll buy that …

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Battle of the sequels.... wooooo....

Star Wars 8 > Infinity War > Justice League >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Avatar 2

I liked Force Awakened and am excited for ep. 8 as well as Rogue One. That and I like Star Wars. Marvel movies are still decent as in they are good action flicks (though some do go above and beyond such as Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier). However, it also feels "tired." I haven't seen Superman vs Batman but from what I've seen from the trailers and the reviews, I'm not too excited for Justice League. What Marvel did right was that they took it slow and took their time to properly introduce their characters. DC, on the other hand, decides to fast forward and even worse make their heroes moody and "gritty" removing the characteristics that made their heroes popular and well-liked.

As for Avatar 2, I didn't care for Avatar. I saw it, thought it was "meh," and it's basically Pocahontas with aliens.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

The Force Awakens had a lot of hype behind it and unless Rogue One confuses people for not being a direct sequel then I think Episode VIII will earn the most money, at least in the United States. If we are talking worldwide, Avatar 2 is a serious contender, but I can't help but feel that it is 5 years too late.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44320 Posts

Probably Star Wars 8. I'm super pumped for both Star Wars 8 and Avengers: Infinity War pretty much equally. Looking forward to Avatar 2. I'm pretty 'meh' on Justice League, just not all that interested in the DC universe.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

Justice League is what I am most excited for.

I never read comics as a kid, and I don't as an adult, but it's something I think I missed out on so I do my research and it is such a wonderful world to dive into, read about, and think of. I've spent hours just catching up on every little detail and associated characters when I hear about them in movies or see that they are featured or don't know who they are in shows.

I'm not about to go into what's better, Marvel or DC or blah blah blah I think they are both awesome. But DC has been building up to this for a long time, and I hope to christ they deliver because the Justice League I am familiar with (the animated series I binge watched on Netflix) was freaking badass. Is Martian Manhunter going to be in it? Hawkgirl? I'm trying to remember who the founding members were and it was Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and I could have sworn Martian Manhunter was one too.

Tied with Justice League is Star Wars: Episode 8. Loved Episode 7, thought they did a great job paying tribute to the original trilogy (4-6), and I feel the next two episodes are really going to take off and do their own thing and come into their own, to be another trilogy of the series to rival the original (heresy, I know....)

Avatar 2 trails just behind, but I know nothing of it despite watching Avatar like fifty times lol.

Avatar image for brandonisking99
brandonisking99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brandonisking99
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

Star Wars 8.

I'm def looking forward to Star Wars 8 and Avatar 2.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Dc movies feel like a lost cause. They went gritty everytime and it was a mistake because what are they going to do now for what should be a relatively serious franchise like justice league? Go even grittier? Is that even possible? Are they going to throw sand at you when you pick up your ticket? Suicide Squad only looks good now because of all the extensive reshoots that lightened it up and added all the comedy . You can't do that with justice league because it's justice league and has to have that weight or it will feel campy.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I am very curious if anyone still cares about Avatar anymore? It's been so long since the first movie, 3D craze has died and competition is much higher now.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Star wars 8. Next question

; )

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Star Wars followed by avengers. There won't be another dc movie that reaches 1 billion ever again. As far as avatar, it will flop, like Independence Day, way too much time has passed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#14  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Star Wars 8. I'm really burned out on Superhero movies. They just keep churning out movie after movie, and the scale just keeps getting bigger and bigger, more and more absurd. I just want a Batman movie where he is fighting in the criminal underworld, uncovering a Black Mask conspiracy. Something where the entire city, or humanity is not at stake. Contained stories are where it is at.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

New ghostbusters will be unstoppable.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

Star Wars 8. I'm really burned out on Superhero movies. They just keep churning out movie after movie, and the scale just keeps getting bigger and bigger, more and more absurd. I just want a Batman movie where he is fighting in the criminal underworld, uncovering a Black Mask conspiracy. Something where the entire city, or humanity is not at stake. Contained stories are where it is at.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts
@stuff238 said:

I am very curious if anyone still cares about Avatar anymore? It's been so long since the first movie, 3D craze has died and competition is much higher now.

Like many of James Cameron's movies, Avatar broke records.

The likelihood of it doing anything other than amazing is 0%.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I heard that, owing to political pressure on the studio, Justice League is undergoing a reshoot and a title change.

It's going to be released as Social Justice League.

:-P

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

While I enjoyed Star Wars Episode 7 and the latest Avengers movie, Batman V Superman was a far superior film in terms of craft and depth. I had a lot of fun with the other two, but that's where my engagement ended. Batman V Superman had a lot more of a literary/philosophical/psychological approach. It's the greatest Superman story I may have ever witnessed. It's not a popular opinion, but it's a stance I'll defend with a great deal of passion.

Having said that, the Justice League trailer was rather off-putting. It might just have been done in that style to try and please the people that wanted BvS to be similar to a Star Wars or Avengers movie. I just hope it carries the themes and thoughtfulness that was present in Man of steel and Batman v Superman. P.S. I was not a fan of Avatar.