As a gamer, please don't vote for Hillary Clinton

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QOTSA7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 QOTSA7777
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I know a lot of you aren't able to vote, but for those that are, I suggest following the advice above. I'm sure that many of you already know, but Hillary Clinton is a vocal proponent of video game censorship.

During her time in Senate, she often used the Hot Coffee Scandal as a stump issue to garner the support of parents. Her knowledge of video games is clearly minimal, and her grasp of the ESRB ratings system is pretty shallow as well. She once said that "Parents face an uphill battle just understanding the ratings system." (http://clinton.senate.gov/news/statements/details.cfm?id=240603) which is rather ridiculous, considering the fact that on every game box is a letter, what that letter means, and a suggested age for that game. As much as she appeals to older voters, she seems to be insulting there intelligence a bit.

She also claims that "The Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) has given this game a Mature (M) rating, which means it is appropriate only for people age 17 or older. In all likelihood, this revelation means the game deserves an Adults Only (AO) rating." Which again, displays a very sketchy grasp of the ratings system, as AO means "suggested for ages 18 and older". Does she really feel the difference between 17 and 18 year olds is that substantial?

Barack Obama has taken an on the fence position on the issue, but often brings up parents need to take responsibility for their children's gaming habits. "We're going to have to parent better, and turn off the television set, and put the video games away, and instill a sense of excellence in our children, and that's going to take some time." (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/30062/Barack-Obama-Parents-should-clamp-down-on-games) While I don't agree with the "Games are making our kids lazy" mindset, his urge for personal responsibility among parents and kids is a HUGE jump from the "lets fine game salesmen" attitude of Hillary.

So please, if you can cast a vote this year, and you care about the integrity of your hobby, vote Obama 08'. Don't let the government say they know more about video games than us!

gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
why would i wanna vote for her ?
CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CIoud_S
Member since 2007 • 3216 Posts
Way to see the big picture......*shoots self*
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Thank God us Canadians can play video games in peace.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
As a HUMAN don't vote for Hillary Clinton.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts
meh,I decided i wasn't going to vote this year anyways.
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts

Get ready foooooooooooor political debatttttttttttte!!!

Yeah do the right thing vote Obama if you have a primary left.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Yes Video Games.

With all the #### going on in the world I'm going to let video games be the deciding issue :roll:

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I am going for McCain on this one.

Honestly though, all three candidates are quite unfit for the presidency. But then again, this nation hasn't seen a fit president since Dwight Eisenhower.

gasmaskman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 gasmaskman
Member since 2005 • 3463 Posts

It seems like parents who support these acts all support being called stupid and idiotic.

"Hey, let's make laws against video games when I'm too stupid to take responsibilities of raising my child."

clock_of_omens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clock_of_omens
Member since 2005 • 5595 Posts
i wasnt going to
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

Yes Video Games.

With all the #### going on in the world I'm going to let video games be the deciding issue :roll:

duxup

Yeah...I can think of more important issues than games. And being voting age.....I can buy any game I want anyway.

Stanton44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stanton44
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Hillary also wants to get rid of the marines.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts

Honestly though, all three candidates are quite unfit for the presidency. But then again, this nation hasn't seen a fit president since Dwight Eisenhower.

The_Capitalist
I almost agree. I thought Reagan was a good president, even if some of his policies were misguided. But yeah; Bush, Clinton, Bush, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy...no thanks. I'm only voting McCain because the Libertarians don't have a chance.
Aradae2357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Aradae2357
Member since 2007 • 904 Posts

As a HUMAN don't vote for Hillary Clinton. jaydough

qft

I think we'll have to wait a couple more presidencies before we get a person who has touched a video game in their lifetime. The first person I see playing a game of Call of Duty with the voters would get my vote.

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SmashBrosLegend
Hillary also wants to get rid of the marines.Stanton44
Source? I've never heard that.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

Hillary also wants to get rid of the marines.Stanton44

Link please....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

SmashBrosLegend

I almost agree. I thought Reagan was a good president, even if some of his policies were misguided. But yeah; Bush, Clinton, Bush, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy...no thanks. I'm only voting McCain because the Libertarians don't have a chance.

Reagan was terrible...

QOTSA7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QOTSA7777

yeah, i've never heard that about the marines either. Though a quick note on Mccain, he did say "violence in the media cause the Littleton shootings (Columbine)". http://www.crispygamer.com/_GeneratedPages/Columns/Column724.aspx

But as that column says, in his defence, that was in 1999. Still, thats pretty harsh.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Capitalist
[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

SmashBrosLegend

Reagan wasn't a great president in my opinion. He was simply a good showman, and that masked some of his more lacking attributes.

I would say that Carter was okay... He did try to keep the peace... But he totally failed on the domestic front.

bigmit37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bigmit37
Member since 2004 • 4043 Posts
Universal Healthcare FTW!
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

LJS9502_basic

Reagan was terrible...

I disagree. He brought down the Berlin wall, brought home hundreds of US hostages, kept us out of a nuclear war with Russia, and kept us out of any extended conflicts in the Middle East. He wasn't a great president, but I am certainly glad that he was the one in office through all of it.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

The_Capitalist

Reagan wasn't a great president in my opinion. He was simply a good showman, and that masked some of his more lacking attributes.

I would say that Carter was okay... He did try to keep the peace... But he totally failed on the domestic front.

Note that I didn't call Reagan a great president, only a good one. He had to deal with some of the toughest situations one could imagine with the whole Cold War and Middle East crap going on. Avoiding an extended military conflict isn't generally something US presidents are very good at.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

I disagree. He brought down the Berlin wall, brought home hundreds of US hostages, kept us out of a nuclear war with Russia, and kept us out of any extended conflicts in the Middle East. He wasn't a great president, but I am certainly glad that he was the one in office through all of it.SmashBrosLegend

The failures in the USSR brought down the Berlin Wall.:|
He broke the unions...created a huge deficit...and stop allowing the deduction of interest paid out to credit cards WHILE still forcing you to claim the pennies you made in savings accounts.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Capitalist

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"] I disagree. He brought down the Berlin wall, brought home hundreds of US hostages, kept us out of a nuclear war with Russia, and kept us out of any extended conflicts in the Middle East. He wasn't a great president, but I am certainly glad that he was the one in office through all of it.LJS9502_basic

He broke the unions...created a huge deficit...and stop allowing the deduction of interest paid out to credit cards WHILE still forcing you to claim the pennies you made in savings accounts.

Not to mention, he failed to keep an eye on Oliver North and his cronies during the Iran-Contra Scandal. How could we have somebody so absent-minded be a good president?

QOTSA7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 QOTSA7777

Yes Video Games.

duxup

Though a quick note, of course you shouldn't make video games your big issue when voting, but when attempting to decide between Obama and Clinton, with nearly identical voting records and plans, its the little stuff that most people end up making their decision on. At least video games are more substantial than half the stuff they discussed at the pennslyvania debate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

Not to mention, he failed to keep an eye on Oliver North and his cronies during the Iran-Contra Scandal. How could we have somebody so absent-minded be a good president?

The_Capitalist

You think he didn't know about that? North took the fall....he wasn't the mastermind.;)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="duxup"]

Yes Video Games.

QOTSA7777

Though a quick note, of course you shouldn't make video games your big issue when voting, but when attempting to decide between Obama and Clinton, with nearly identical voting records and plans, its the little stuff that most people end up making their decision on. At least video games are more substantial than half the stuff they discussed at the pennslyvania debate.

Clinton's healthcare plan would cover more than Obama's. That is more important than games.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
:roll: Your video games are safe, regardless of who becomes President.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Thank God us Canadians can play video games in peace.metallica_fan42

*High-Five* 8) Canada FTW.
MEYERlansk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MEYERlansk
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts

I just have one thing to say...

GO OBAMA!

Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
Yeah Reagan was an awful president, people give him credit for stuff he didn't do. He took down the Berlin wall? Give me a break. Anyways, I won't be voting for Hillary. Not just because of her video game thing, but among other things, those 3AM ads were taken right out of Karl Rove's strategy guide.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

We can in the states too. Nobody has managed to come up with a video game law that does anything significant that hasn't been been thrown out due to freedom of speech issues. Thank goodness for the Bill of Rights.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
Right, because video games is my #1 issue when I'm choosing the President of the United States.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

Yes Video Games.

duxup
The guy with the VGVN banner in his sig 100% agrees
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
What a great reason to not vote for someone. :|
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#37 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
I'm already well aware of why not to vote for her. Video games are free speech, and the censorship of one form of free speech would slowly lead to its destruction. Need I quote Ben Franklin on this?
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
Ridiculous, who does she thinks she is. She better not win.
Thevenin167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Thevenin167
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

not nessesarily true, thanks to are low population the video game market revoles around america law when it comes to games, take "the witcher" for example.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
It's just to get voters. If she does get into office, she won't do jack about videogames.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#41 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts
ah crap, now i can't vote for her, i guess i have to go for McCain, i'm not letting Rev.Wright conduct religious services in the white House. Besides everyone knows the Terrorists would jump all over Nobomba and try to push the U.S. around because they know he will be soft, but they would be afraid of us if McPain was in charge.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
As a conservative gamer, I am certainly not going to vote for the harpy. Though I would prefer her over Obama.
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

As a HUMAN don't vote for Hillary Clinton. jaydough

^ This.

SirFrosty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SirFrosty
Member since 2006 • 610 Posts

Aww, someone beat me to as a HUMAN don't vote for Hilary Clinton...

She's an idiot. Canada is screaming at us "Turn back! Universal Health Care is horrible!" and she still goes right along with it...Idiot xD

TirOrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TirOrn
Member since 2005 • 1828 Posts

I know a lot of you aren't able to vote, but for those that are, I suggest following the advice above. I'm sure that many of you already know, but Hillary Clinton is a vocal proponent of video game censorship.

During her time in Senate, she often used the Hot Coffee Scandal as a stump issue to garner the support of parents. Her knowledge of video games is clearly minimal, and her grasp of the ESRB ratings system is pretty shallow as well. She once said that "Parents face an uphill battle just understanding the ratings system." (http://clinton.senate.gov/news/statements/details.cfm?id=240603) which is rather ridiculous, considering the fact that on every game box is a letter, what that letter means, and a suggested age for that game. As much as she appeals to older voters, she seems to be insulting there intelligence a bit.

She also claims that "The Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) has given this game a Mature (M) rating, which means it is appropriate only for people age 17 or older. In all likelihood, this revelation means the game deserves an Adults Only (AO) rating." Which again, displays a very sketchy grasp of the ratings system, as AO means "suggested for ages 18 and older". Does she really feel the difference between 17 and 18 year olds is that substantial?

Barack Obama has taken an on the fence position on the issue, but often brings up parents need to take responsibility for their children's gaming habits. "We're going to have to parent better, and turn off the television set, and put the video games away, and instill a sense of excellence in our children, and that's going to take some time." (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/30062/Barack-Obama-Parents-should-clamp-down-on-games) While I don't agree with the "Games are making our kids lazy" mindset, his urge for personal responsibility among parents and kids is a HUGE jump from the "lets fine game salesmen" attitude of Hillary.

So please, if you can cast a vote this year, and you care about the integrity of your hobby, vote Obama 08'. Don't let the government say they know more about video games than us!

QOTSA7777

Are you KIDDING me?!?!?!?!

First of all, you stunned me by basing your vote on something as ludicrous as VIDEO GAME RATINGS. Wow. And I thought underage citizens were immature.

Second, you're going to go out and vote for one who LITERALLY has no clue what he's doing, talking about, or proposing? *cough* BARACK *cough*

Third, if it comes down to the line... and mark my words, I am strictly Democratic... I would much rather vote for Bush's policies in McCain rather than the inexperienced policies of Obama. Fledgling policies at that, that are much more of Clinton's brainchild than anyone else's.

Fourth, obviously you know nothing about the election either, since it's either going to be McCain v. Clinton or McCain v. Obama. Who would you rather have? Someone that seriously knows what's best for the country (or the majority thereof)[Clinton], or someone who is better adept at acknowledging the importance of video games in today's society [Obama]?

TirOrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TirOrn
Member since 2005 • 1828 Posts

She's an idiot. Canada is screaming at us "Turn back! Universal Health Care is horrible!" and she still goes right along with it...Idiot xD

SirFrosty

Actually, Universal Health Care has put Canada in a much better position than would have our institution of "proper" Health Care.

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shekb
Member since 2005 • 13506 Posts
Concidering I can buy any game I want, I don't care
SirFrosty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SirFrosty
Member since 2006 • 610 Posts
[QUOTE="SirFrosty"]

TirOrn

Actually, Universal Health Care has put Canada in a much better position than would have our institution of "proper" Health Care.

There are waiting times upwards of 10-12 hours in Canada for the Emergency Room... People coming to the Emergency Room for Emergencies don't have 10-12 hours to wait...

Also, she is planning on pulling all the troops out of Iraq now...Which is completely rediculous, considering that will give anyone who so chooses control of Iraq.

joeytentz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 joeytentz
Member since 2008 • 754 Posts

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"] I disagree. He brought down the Berlin wall, brought home hundreds of US hostages, kept us out of a nuclear war with Russia, and kept us out of any extended conflicts in the Middle East. He wasn't a great president, but I am certainly glad that he was the one in office through all of it.LJS9502_basic

Not to mention the thousands of Nicararguan civilians murdered by the Contra death squads.

NRGray555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NRGray555
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts

I'm not quite old enough to vote, but just think about this. Out of 300 million people in the U.S., these are the three best candidates we could find to run our country!? WOW! (Americans are fat!)