Are you ready to get drafted to fight Russia over Ukraine.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 692 Posts

@mrbojangles25: they chose what you eat and drink, what kind of exercises you do and how much. Also when you go to sleep and when you wake up.

Even if you are prone to gain weight, you will get in to shape.

Its not magic, If you are eating only non processed food and working out a lot everyday, you get fit.

Kolossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 Kolossi
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

The "bordering state" argument is shattered by the fact the Baltic states(Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) and, very recently, Finland were let into Nato. Hell, Poland has a border with Russia.

Why didn't Russia prevent them from joining? How is Ukraine different in this matter? By having a longer border?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No one is enacting the draft. You'd have a healthier life if you turned away from far right extremist propaganda and disinformation.

Right extremist propaganda? The military can not meet their recruitment needs. Conservatives were the mainstay of the military and they have been forced out and during the current climate in the military will no longer enlist. If things do not change a draft will become necessary again.

Protip: The military has more recruits when the economy is bad than when it's good. Conservatives were NOT forced out. Most lifers are Republicans. They're still there though Tuberville holding up promotions is considered a risk to losing them. Why don't I hear you decrying that?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic
@mrbojangles25 said:

I think that's an important thing to remember: even if you are weak or soft or whatever, the military will likely form you into what they need (or find a place for you).

You'll get put on a special diet, or exercise more, or any other number of things. There's been a lot of complaints in the US about lowered physical demands of enlistment but I think that's just to get people into the system; once you're in the system, they'll get you into shape.

Also, people think everyone joining the military is going to be a front-line soldier but the truth is most are not. The exception being maybe the US Marines where "everyone is a rifleman" or whatever.

Nah, there are some people so bad that they can't complete their basic training. They get washed out. But if you're in decent condition, you should be able to complete the training. It does start out slow and ramps up.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127512 Posts

Someone upset about their dear leader getting more indictments?

If we can keep the Ukrainians alive there will be no need for NATO to get involved.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#56 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59059 Posts

@sargentd said:

2. Said you would shoot Ukrainians

And Russians your dirty censoring commie

Noticed this as well. At least twice, whenever get accused of being pro-Russian have a softball denial of "as well, don't like Russians either"

This is also a Republican thing. Because, they know, by denying Ukraine support, even if they say "Russia bad", if effective and support is denied through scaremongering (this thread) and apathy (this thread), Russia wins. It's the same outcome with deniability of being what they are, sympathizers.

-

But for the sake of argument, I'll pose this question, not to you, but everyone and anyone who can reply.

In the 2 years or so, since the start of the Ukraine war. Has Sarge bro here, ever actually criticized Russia, be it the invasion, thousands of war crimes?

Because, aside from replying to me twice (including this post) with soft-ball denial, I don't ever recall seeing it. Once.

What I have seen, is you attacking Ukraine and supporting them in any manner possible. Spamming right-wing videos in a loop that fully support Russia.

You were more angry at Zelensky not wearing a suit (which Tucker explicitly told his auidence to angry about), than the masses of stuff posted about Bucha, mass rape sprees of woman and children, torture, castration etc... etc.. etc..

In fact one thing I can specifically recall is you saying to me "that's war, these things happen stop getting upset".

Which really just, epitomizes the attitude right-wingers have fomented over time, partially guided by Russia.

And I don't think Republicans actually seem to realize it, but the reason Russia targets you so much, is because they view you as more easily exploitable. Not on the same page, a tool to be used.

---

But anyway, lets take this argument.

You're going to murder Ukrainians as well as Russians, with no distinction?

And you think, by throwing Russia in their as well, this somehow makes it, not a horrifically terrible take?

You'd shoot this girl yes?

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1686794102803976192

And not make a distinction between her and this guy/s?

Loading Video...

Russians have been conditioned to view Ukrainians as sub-human. To do, whatever they want. With encouragement to enact what anyone of sound mind would quantify as "evil".

In fact you can find the former President of Russia openly refusing to acknowledge them as a people repeatedly calling for their destruction.

This is what regular Russians are fed nightly. Fox News on steroids'.

Loading Video...

So yea, blablablabla Republicans = cancer

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Nirgal

@LJS9502_basic: that's because it's currently voluntary. If it's not, being really out of shape will just lengthen the time you need to get in to shape.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No one is enacting the draft. You'd have a healthier life if you turned away from far right extremist propaganda and disinformation.

Right extremist propaganda? The military can not meet their recruitment needs. Conservatives were the mainstay of the military and they have been forced out and during the current climate in the military will no longer enlist. If things do not change a draft will become necessary again.

Protip: The military has more recruits when the economy is bad than when it's good. Conservatives were NOT forced out. Most lifers are Republicans. They're still there though Tuberville holding up promotions is considered a risk to losing them. Why don't I hear you decrying that?

They were forced out. The first thing to happen when the Biden administration took over whit the new secretary of defense was to stand down the military to make to weed out every one that did not think the proper way. The leadership of the military spends more time on the lefts indoctrination than on fighting skills. The plain fact is conservatives are no longer enlisting to serve in the military. Recruiting goals are not being met and the leadership in the military is to blame for pushing the current adgenda.

EastLand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 EastLand
Member since 2018 • 300 Posts

I don't support either side so wouldn't fight for Russia or Ukraine, we should be looking for peaceful resolution to the fighting rather than trying to extend it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By uninspiredcup

@eastland:

There is one.

Russia leaves. They extend it.

The other is Russia wins. Where we will have another Auschwitz/Bosnia

It will switch from Russia attacking them with ill intent, to Russia having full control over them with ill intent.

Ukraine will not suddenly say "well gee whizz I'm Russian now" and Russia will not suddenly say "well gee whizz we won, lets be friends"

Ukraine would likely change to more guerilla type warfare, with Russia increasing it's war crimes multiple times over making what it happening now the tip of the ice-berg.

Russia is not reasonable. They are not deserving of anything. At all. They owe.

Russia failed from day 1 as well. They wanted Ukraine. Completely miscalculating the peoples will and the outside communities response.

It's now a grab of what they can get turning it into attrition, hoping the West will break trying to wing any angle they to get what they can. Namely disruption and slight of hand. Feeding on opportunism.

mikecrci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mikecrci
Member since 2017 • 67 Posts

I already served my 4--and beyond my IRR date, so it's impossible for me to be drafted / recalled. :)

Besides, I wouldn't mind getting "drafted" right about now. As long as you don't serve in a drab CONUS assignment and instead get something like Germany.

Europe is freakin' awesome.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They were forced out. The first thing to happen when the Biden administration took over whit the new secretary of defense was to stand down the military to make to weed out every one that did not think the proper way. The leadership of the military spends more time on the lefts indoctrination than on fighting skills. The plain fact is conservatives are no longer enlisting to serve in the military. Recruiting goals are not being met and the leadership in the military is to blame for pushing the current adgenda.

Nope. You're watching the wrong sites again. The military isn't in the business of removing service people unless they are unfit.

FYI, the military has always had classes on hot topics of the day, including diversity. This is not new, it's just the current whine by far right extremist propagandists. Recruiting goals are not being met because the right is demonizing the military, because they are holding up promotions, and because the economy is always a factor in recruitment.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LJS9502_basic
@eastland said:

I don't support either side so wouldn't fight for Russia or Ukraine, we should be looking for peaceful resolution to the fighting rather than trying to extend it.

Other than handing another country over to Putin, how exactly do you think you can make a peaceful resolution? At some point, you need to look at the reality of the situation.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8270 Posts

@eastland said:

Same

Agree 100%

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nope. You're watching the wrong sites again. The military isn't in the business of removing service people unless they are unfit.

FYI, the military has always had classes on hot topics of the day, including diversity. This is not new, it's just the current whine by far right extremist propagandists. Recruiting goals are not being met because the right is demonizing the military, because they are holding up promotions, and because the economy is always a factor in recruitment.

I agree with Jim.

LJS the current army recruitment strategy is super lame. I wouldn't want to join it either. These commercials make it look super soft and gay. (Not that there anything wrong with that).

But representing the military this way is just horrible marketing.

Makes us a laughing stock. It's embarrassing. No wonder recruitment is so low

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By uninspiredcup

Another way Russia exploits Republicans is promoting homophobia and transphobia. Traditional values. Making them out as pedophiles, predators and a sign of weakness.

While they (and Republicans) promote people like Scott Ritter and Andrew Tate.

A twice convicted pedophile and a man accused of beating woman, raping them and sex trafficking.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: Bud Light effect.

Know your audience.

Are the majority of the people signing up to serve in the military gay with 2 moms.

Or are the majority signing up people from blue collar families that do believe in traditional values.

Maybe

Just maybe

Market the military to the people who have filled those positions traditionally.

(Same goes for bud light piss beer)

mikecrci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mikecrci
Member since 2017 • 67 Posts

That ad is absolutely effective because "Emma" reminds me of every single intel chick I've met.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:

@uninspiredcup:

Know your audience.

Indeed they do. Low intelligent homophobic racists. Easily triggered into hate and easily exploited because of it.

And again, reality rears its head.

Russia is actually a terrible army. The myth of them being one of the great armies of the world was dismantled not really by America or Ukraine, but them specifically. Right away from the get go, in fact.

The inherent corruption of Russia let to probably the single longest traffic jam of tanks in human history. 40 miles, to be exact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Kyiv_convoy#Reasons_of_malfunction

Fuel problems. Lack of maintenance. An army that simply did not know how to properly coordinate basic tactics. Led to huge losses of some of their actual "best" troops.

Even very basic, basic stuff like tires, where not properly maintained. Cheaply made.

The overall command itself is partly why Wagner went on a mutiny, they were lying on mass, for self-preservation with a complete disregard for human life.

The army itself started recruiting murderers, rapists, pedophiles from prison on mass where sexual crime (as in homosexual) is widespread.

So again, to reiterate, Russia manipulates you (the right) with fantasy. Which you chomp up. And it's partly the reason so many are traitors to their country. They view Russia as the idealized right-wing utopia America should be. They generally won't outright say "I love Russia" as it's too obvious but (as your posting habits have shown) with soft-ball support them through repetitive suggestion.

Here's you very manly (no homo), Russian army.

Loading Video...
KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3427 Posts

Oh damn, I love how Sargent is like what an AI would come up with if it was asked to create a MAGA servant bot. It's both tragic and hilarious how predictable these folks have become. "We are all free thinkers!"

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: Jim's wrong but you can agree with him. There is some problems left over from the covid pandemic when recruiters couldn't get out to schools to add to their strength. There is also now an obesity problem which stems from covid as well which means less eligible potential recruits.

However, Jim was whining about people being forced out which has NOTHING to do with recruitment to start with.

Surveys, however, have found that the current generation just doesn't want to put themselves in harms way.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: Ukraine is a graveyard, this is a loosing battle, and your consistent hollering for the war machine to continue in Ukraine does nothing but ensure Ukraines destruction. You should CONSIDER peace talks might be worth it. If you care to save lives.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By uninspiredcup

@sargentd: I knew before even clicked that link it would be a right-winger who supports Putin.

@sargentd said:

@uninspiredcup: Ukraine is a graveyard, this is a loosing battle, and your consistent hollering for the war machine to continue in Ukraine does nothing but ensure Ukraines destruction. You should CONSIDER peace talks might be worth it. If you care to save lives.

Oh look, it's that's repeating pattern again.

Instantly check the background and find out they work for Russian propaganda networks, pro-Putin, typically disgraced with 0 credibility.

2014 Russian annexation of Crimea

In 2014, after the annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation and during a conflict with Ukraine over its eastern parts, Macgregor appeared on Russian state-owned network RT where he called for annexation of Donbas and said residents of the region "are in fact Russians, not Ukrainians, and at the same time, you have Ukrainians in the west and in the north, who are not Russians".[7][54]

2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine[edit]

After Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, Macgregor appeared on three Fox News programs in February and early March to speak in support of Russia's actions. Three days after the war began, he said "The battle in eastern Ukraine is really almost over," and predicted "If [Ukraine] don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them." Macgregor said he believed Russia should be allowed to seize whatever parts of Ukraine it wanted. In his second appearance, he revised his prediction: "The first five days Russian forces I think frankly were too gentle. They've now corrected that. So, I would say another 10 days this should be completely over... I think the most heroic thing he could do right now is come to terms with reality. Neutralize Ukraine." After one of his appearances, Macgregor's comments were characterized by veteran Fox News Pentagon correspondent Jennifer Griffin as "distorting" and "appeasement" and that he was being an "apologist" for Putin. After Griffin's remarks, Tucker Carlson — who hosted Macgregor on two successive nights — remarked, "Unlike many of the so-called reporters you see on television, he is not acting secretly as a flack for Lloyd Austin at the Pentagon. No, Doug Macgregor is an honest man." Trey Gowdy, another Fox News host who interviewed Macgregor, said his viewpoint was "stunning and disappointing".[8][55][56][57][9][58]

Russian state television channels RT and VGTRK broadcast excerpts of Macgregor's second Carlson appearance, which included a characterization of Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy as a "puppet," that Russian forces had been "too gentle" in the early days of the invasion and that Russian president Vladimir Putin was being "demonized" by the United States and NATO.[8][59] His opinions on Russia and Ukraine have caused controversy, with some including Liz Cheney describing Macgregor as being a member of the "Putin wing of the GOP."[60][61][62][63][60][64]

In a fourth appearance in early March, Macgregor said a ceasefire was close as Ukrainian forces had been "grounded to bits. There's no question about that despite what we report on our mainstream media".[8] He also defended Russia's invasion in an interview on The Grayzone, saying Putin had taken great care with civilians and this was delaying his victory.[65]

In July 2022, on Real America's Voice he told Charlie Kirk that: "The war, with the exception of Kharkiv and Odesa, as far as the Russians are concerned is largely over. There is no intention to do anything else because the Russians don’t have a very large army... This nonsense that Putin wants to conquer all of Ukraine was never true. All he ever did in the Minsk agreement was ask that Russian speakers, Russian citizens inside Ukraine be treated equally before the law. That they not be penalized for being Russians."[66]

In September 2022, he again predicted on Carlson's show that “this war may be over soon”[67] and later in the month "the Ukrainian army is bled white, tens of thousands of Ukrainian troops have been killed or wounded, Ukraine is really on the ropes". Liz Cheney tweeted in response: "Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch - Why do you continually put Douglas MacGregor on @FoxNews to spread Putin's propaganda and lies? This is absolutely not in America's interest."[68]

3 days It's over.

10 days. It's over.

1 month. It's over.

6 months It's over.

1 year. It's over.

2 year mark. It's over.

etc..

Just keep posting basically, horrible individuals. Even pointed you to actual objective analysis and completely ignored them lol

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: yo cup so whats up with the Ukrainian counter offensive?

Weren't they like supposed to take back all the land lost in the spring time??, summer is almost over and they aren't looking like they make any progress.

I remember maxorad telling me not only would they have all that ground back by summer but possibly crimera too.

"Russia is a joke and Ukraine is doing amazing" right??

That's the narrative on the BBC and CNN right??

Death tolls don't matter, ignore those numbers

Ignore that thier "counter offensive" went no where..

Ignore that they have no path to victory here

Ignore that sanctions on Russia have done nothing

Ignore that the weaponry sent to Ukraine has made little to no difference (unless you want to claim they were only able to go this long because of it.. I guess...)

Ignore that Russia is just sitting there chilling in a war of Attrition because they can.

Ignore that Ukraine hasn't been able to pretty much do anything to Russians army who is just sitting in place and they still are taking more losses...

Watch Cup. WATCH. I GIVE IT A YEAR MAX UNTIL NATO, US, EU, ALL SAY "WE DID EVERYTHING WE COULD" and then come the peace negotiations with Russia. I would bet big money on it.

And what will Ukraine have to show for all their efforts?? A demolished country where half of it gets annexed by Russia and a bunch of dead people.

So ****ing stupid

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:

@uninspiredcup: yo cup so whats up with the Ukrainian counter offensive?

Weren't they like supposed to take back all the land lost in the spring time??, summer is almost over and they aren't looking like they make any progress.

I remember maxorad telling me not only would they have all that ground back by summer but possibly crimera too.

"Russia is a joke and Ukraine is doing amazing" right??

That's the narrative on the BBC and CNN right??

Death tolls don't matter, ignore those numbers

Ignore that thier "counter offensive" went no where..

Ignore that they have no path to victory here

Ignore that sanctions on Russia have done nothing

Ignore that the weaponry sent to Ukraine has made little to no difference (unless you want to claim they were only able to go this long because of it.. I guess...)

Ignore that Russia is just sitting there chilling in a war of Attrition because they can.

Ignore that Ukraine hasn't been able to pretty much do anything to Russians army who is just sitting in place and they still are taking more losses...

Watch Cup. WATCH. I GIVE IT A YEAR MAX UNTIL NATO, US, EU, ALL SAY "WE DID EVERYTHING WE COULD" and then come the peace negotiations with Russia. I would bet big money on it.

And what will Ukraine have to show for all their efforts?? A demolished country where half of it gets annexed by Russia and a bunch of dead people.

So ****ing stupid

Now screeching at me in caps and changing the topic entirely.

Ukraine has taken back in a few weeks what it took Russia to take in 10 or so months with about something like 200,000 dead troops. With Bahamut about to be encircled making it moot. So, a lot?

For a military historical context probably the most famous invasion of all time, Normandy, once they actually got past that beach, their progress was slower than Ukraine's currently.

In Invasion Of Normandy, once the Allies reached the beachhead, they also went through a six-to-eight-week period where they were slowly trying to work through German defences through the hedgerow country and they progressed all of about 19 miles from the beachheads within six to eight weeks of the D-Day landings

I'm assuming if we were in that time period, you'd probably be on Nazi radio telling the allies to give up and just make peace.

Heinrich Himmler taking the guest spot haha

-

But generally speaking it has been slower than expectations. The key-word here, being "slower", this is primarily due to mines. When it comes to the actual Russian army itself, the units are inferior.

Also a context here that wasn't, during Normandy, HIMARS.

12 months ago, they couldn't do this.

Loading Video...

The main goal is Mariupol to target ammunition and supply-lines. Not as you're probably seeing it as Command And Conquer where it's biggest army wins.

They'll be prioritizing these over actual troops. Russia will happily sacrifice 1000 men and ignore 1000 Ukrainian soldiers if it means taken out several HIMARS. Thus far, they have taken out none. At all.

It's pretty clear from that, well... outburst you're very anti-Ukrainian. Thought you were before, but really no question in my mind now.

You're totally rooting for Russia. Absolutely shocking.

I'm shaking.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Nirgal

@sargentd: what's the point of supporting an invading army? What they do benefits no one.

Even if Ukraine is unable to make any progress, we are all better off by making Russia suffer indefinite attrition.

It ensures the cost of war is so enormously high, its less tempting to ever start a new one.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sargentd: Jim's wrong but you can agree with him. There is some problems left over from the covid pandemic when recruiters couldn't get out to schools to add to their strength. There is also now an obesity problem which stems from covid as well which means less eligible potential recruits.

However, Jim was whining about people being forced out which has NOTHING to do with recruitment to start with.

Surveys, however, have found that the current generation just doesn't want to put themselves in harms way.

The Marines used to recruit by saying we are looking for a few good men. The Few the Proud the Marines. The Marines no longer use those terms because the may upset some one in the woke mob.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The Marines used to recruit by saying we are looking for a few good men. The Few the Proud the Marines. The Marines no longer use those terms because the may upset some one in the woke mob.

You should really research before going off on woke screech.

Marines

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SargentD
@nirgal said:

@sargentd: what's the point of supporting an invading army? What they do benefits no one.

???? I don't want to support either one.

Even if Ukraine is unable to make any progress, we are all better off by making Russia suffer indefinite attrition.

Seems more painful for Ukraine than it does for Russia. But I guess if we can use Ukraine as a proxy to hurt Russia without having to use our own people to die .... I guess that's a plan.. I suppose. I don't support it tho and as an American would rather us not get involved. Not our war *shrug*

It ensures the cost of war is so enormously high, its less tempting to ever start a new one.

As long as the bordering state Ukraine can't join NATO I don't think Russia cares. Seems like that's their goal. That's not a defense of Russia.. but going off what they are saying.. thier goal is to lock down Ukraine so NATO can't reach their border. At this point I don't see them ever turning back and Ukraine hasn't showed the strength to force them out.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23940 Posts

@sargentd: I cannot predict the future, but the strategy for ukraine definatley changed. Going from taking back territory, to taking out infantry and artillery positions. Which makes sense considering all the minefields.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You should really research before going off on woke screech.

Marines

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JimB

You don't need to research just watch the news. The military is more concerned with making every one feel welcome than defending the nation. This can squarely be put at Biden's door step.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Maroxad said:

I cannot predict the future, but the strategy for ukraine definatley changed. Going from taking back territory, to taking out infantry and artillery positions. Which makes sense considering all the minefields.

The goal is still definitely to take back territory. But you are correct completely in saying tactics have charged.

Instead of the big movie like zerg rush everyone was expecting what you're getting is incremental steps, village by village meter by meter. Probing the entire line rather than concentrated on one area.

Pointless rushing in if it's just going to turn into a kill box. Also a display of the different mentalities. Russia has quite happily spammed human waves to create exorbitant amounts of death. Ukraine if you look at the map has been probing the front line. They haven't actually made the push yet.

In fact, just as post this now they've broken through the front-line. The main big defense.

https://twitter.com/Yuri_Gagarin_UA/status/1687535882776018953

Really that's the only part of Sarge' post that's true, it is more painful for Ukraine because aside from the civilian population and infrastructure being deliberately targeted, horrific war-crimes from a basic moral and strategic standpoint, Ukraine has been attempting to preserve it's troops. Not always successfully, def had some major fuckups but the mentality is very different.

Michael Clarke does a really good breakdown including the absolute worst case scenarios. Including something we aren't really highlighting here, Russia is not in a good position.

To be clear, he's an actual expert. Not those hack-frauds posted above.

Loading Video...
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:

You don't need to research just watch the news. The military is more concerned with making every one feel welcome than defending the nation. This can squarely be put at Biden's door step.

No, the news is not the place to research. Especially with what you watch. In fact, you should do independent research about anything the news presents, and not by partisan sites either.

To clarify, I gave you what the actual MARINES are saying about their recruiting efforts, and your response was the news. Take the LOSS here Jim.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23940 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@Maroxad said:

I cannot predict the future, but the strategy for ukraine definatley changed. Going from taking back territory, to taking out infantry and artillery positions. Which makes sense considering all the minefields.

The goal is still definitely to take back territory. But you are correct completely in saying tactics have charged.

Instead of the big movie like zerg rush everyone was expecting what you're getting is incremental steps, village by village meter by meter. Probing the entire line rather than concentrated on one area.

Pointless rushing in if it's just going to turn into a kill box. Also a display of the different mentalities. Russia has quite happily spammed human waves to create exorbitant amounts of death. Ukraine if you look at the map has been probing the front line. They haven't actually made the push yet.

In fact, just as post this now they've broken through the front-line. The main big defense.

https://twitter.com/Yuri_Gagarin_UA/status/1687535882776018953

Really that's the only part of Sarge' post that's true, it is more painful for Ukraine because aside from the civilian population and infrastructure being deliberately targeted, horrific war-crimes from a basic moral and strategic standpoint, Ukraine has been attempting to preserve it's troops. Not always successfully, def had some major fuckups but the mentality is very different.

Michael Clarke does a really good breakdown including the absolute worst case scenarios. Including something we aren't really highlighting here, Russia is not in a good position.

To be clear, he's an actual expert. Not those hack-frauds posted above.

Loading Video...

True the strategy remains the same, the tactics however have adjusted due to all the mines.

Callously throwing away their soldiers like what Russia is doing would doom the country. In fact, Russia is already suffering from this tactic.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

No, the news is not the place to research. Especially with what you watch. In fact, you should do independent research about anything the news presents, and not by partisan sites either.

To clarify, I gave you what the actual MARINES are saying about their recruiting efforts, and your response was the news. Take the LOSS here Jim.

The military is not meeting their recruitment goals and it is going to continue. We are no longer safe from foreign aggression. We are no longer safe on our city streets because of damage done to the police. The problem for both again can traced to the Biden door step. It is time for you to take off your rose colored glasses and stad as a looking at the state of the country as an American instead as a Democrat.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58368 Posts
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

The military is not meeting their recruitment goals and it is going to continue. We are no longer safe from foreign aggression. We are no longer safe on our city streets because of damage done to the police. The problem for both again can traced to the Biden door step. It is time for you to take off your rose colored glasses and stad as a looking at the state of the country as an American instead as a Democrat.

Fear mongering.

US military is most powerful in the world, and we haven't had a major terror attack like 9/11 since...9/11. That's got nothing to do with how many tanks we have or our super advanced F-35 planes or how many nukes we have.

Crime is trending down year after year after year, with some minor exceptions and spikes here and there.

Who is really wearing the rose colored glasses? Seems like people are stuck in the Cold War past of wanting police-state and a strong military in a world that doesn't benefit from either.

What do we do, Jim? Enact a draft but only allow in buff aggro white males? Give the police surplus military gea--oh, wait...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SargentD
Loading Video...

Smh...

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3427 Posts

China an Russia conducting military exercises close to US territorial waters, also in the last few days expanding their destabilisation of much of Africa and gaining access to essential rare materials. Growing threats towards NATO countries as a whole and maga morons are like, whateva dude wait until we completely lose control and influence, wait for a direct attack and then, then I might be willing to do something.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

Smh...

That pattern again.

https://www.mediamatters.org/russias-invasion-ukraine/afghanistan-whistleblower-turned-putin-apologist-mainstreams-russian

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SargentD
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

Smh...

That pattern again.

https://www.mediamatters.org/russias-invasion-ukraine/afghanistan-whistleblower-turned-putin-apologist-mainstreams-russian

LMAO media matters!!

your just trolling now

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

Smh...

That pattern again.

LMAO media matters!!

your just trolling now

Basically all I've done with each source you've posted for about 1.5+ years or so, very simply, checked the background and ascertained their credibility and motives. The article there, regardless of the source, fact checks his comments, they are false. Demonstrably false. Further heightened by the head of Wagner directly saying it before going on a mutiny.

Literally every single "hey look at this guys" video posted, without pause has been Pro-Putin, attempting to carve a narrative where Russia is justified and/or wins. Every single one discredited and/or disgraced with the majority either directly appearing or through footage repeatedly used on Kremlin state run propaganda networks.

As I said previously, I do consider you to be pro-Putin and MAGAS in general, traitors to their country, alongside your countries allies.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SargentD

https://www.youtube.com/live/BsBVlqpqDkc?feature=share

Great conversation/listen 👍

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

Smh...

That pattern again.

LMAO media matters!!

your just trolling now

Basically all I've done with each source you've posted for about 1.5+ years or so, very simply, checked the background and ascertained their credibility and motives. The article there, regardless of the source, fact checks his comments, they are false. Demonstrably false. Further heightened by the head of Wagner directly saying it before going on a mutiny.

Literally every single "hey look at this guys" video posted, without pause has been Pro-Putin, attempting to carve a narrative where Russia is justified and/or wins. Every single one discredited and/or disgraced with the majority either directly appearing or through footage repeatedly used on Kremlin state run propaganda networks.

As I said previously, I do consider you to be pro-Putin and MAGAS in general, traitors to their country, alongside your countries allies.

You'll look back years from now and realize you were actually the one propagandized. Wrong side of history. I know that's what you think of me. But it's actually you.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1102 Posts

If you don't want to get drafted just say you have heel spurs

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By uninspiredcup

Remarkable.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1688700995159670784

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 JimB

@mrbojangles25 said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Fear mongering.

US military is most powerful in the world, and we haven't had a major terror attack like 9/11 since...9/11. That's got nothing to do with how many tanks we have or our super advanced F-35 planes or how many nukes we have.

Crime is trending down year after year after year, with some minor exceptions and spikes here and there.

Who is really wearing the rose colored glasses? Seems like people are stuck in the Cold War past of wanting police-state and a strong military in a world that doesn't benefit from either.

What do we do, Jim? Enact a draft but only allow in buff aggro white males? Give the police surplus military gea--oh, wait...

You do what you have to do to achieve you founding objective.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#98  Edited By adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

"I do not support our involvement in funding this war between Russia and Ukraine."

@sargentd Why not? Doou prefer they (a free, constitutional democracy) get run over by a would-be communist autocrat's war machine? Is appeasement a valid strategy in your worldview? Have you found that to be an effective strategy in world history? What, otherwise, do you see as an alternative and alternative outcome?

I'll wait.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#99 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

2. Said you would shoot Ukrainians

And Russians your dirty censoring commie

Noticed this as well. At least twice, whenever get accused of being pro-Russian have a softball denial of "as well, don't like Russians either"

This is also a Republican thing. Because, they know, by denying Ukraine support, even if they say "Russia bad", if effective and support is denied through scaremongering (this thread) and apathy (this thread), Russia wins. It's the same outcome with deniability of being what they are, sympathizers.

-

But for the sake of argument, I'll pose this question, not to you, but everyone and anyone who can reply.

In the 2 years or so, since the start of the Ukraine war. Has Sarge bro here, ever actually criticized Russia, be it the invasion, thousands of war crimes?

Because, aside from replying to me twice (including this post) with soft-ball denial, I don't ever recall seeing it. Once.

What I have seen, is you attacking Ukraine and supporting them in any manner possible. Spamming right-wing videos in a loop that fully support Russia.

You were more angry at Zelensky not wearing a suit (which Tucker explicitly told his auidence to angry about), than the masses of stuff posted about Bucha, mass rape sprees of woman and children, torture, castration etc... etc.. etc..

In fact one thing I can specifically recall is you saying to me "that's war, these things happen stop getting upset".

Which really just, epitomizes the attitude right-wingers have fomented over time, partially guided by Russia.

And I don't think Republicans actually seem to realize it, but the reason Russia targets you so much, is because they view you as more easily exploitable. Not on the same page, a tool to be used.

---

But anyway, lets take this argument.

You're going to murder Ukrainians as well as Russians, with no distinction?

And you think, by throwing Russia in their as well, this somehow makes it, not a horrifically terrible take?

You'd shoot this girl yes?

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1686794102803976192

And not make a distinction between her and this guy/s?

Loading Video...

Russians have been conditioned to view Ukrainians as sub-human. To do, whatever they want. With encouragement to enact what anyone of sound mind would quantify as "evil".

In fact you can find the former President of Russia openly refusing to acknowledge them as a people repeatedly calling for their destruction.

This is what regular Russians are fed nightly. Fox News on steroids'.

Loading Video...

So yea, blablablabla Republicans = cancer

Ah this provides the necessary context to make very clear intentions of SargentD. I'll just ignore him here. Trash poster that is also now clearly an op that's exposing themselves daily to the worst kind of incel, hateful propaganda available on the internet. I'm surprised pro-russian actors and propagandists are allowed on this site at all. Damn I feel like every time I come back and read some posts, I'm disappointed in what I see here once again.

No really: why are clearly pro-Russian apologists acceptable here? It's not clever. It's not cute or edgy. It's providing an outlet for disinformation to the underinformed and its no better than a virus. These scumbags are leveling cities, indiscriminately targeting civilian centers, and we have *numerous* accounts of war crimes committed by soldiers.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13551 Posts

Man, this is a spicy thread.

Really I would have to go draft or no draft if they told me to, but my job isn't to kill anyone. :) Personally I would find it interesting to talk to the guys on both sides. I'm sure we'd have some things in common. Their food and beer are delicious, their coffee will put hair on your chest, their women are fine as hell and it would be cool to see the countryside. They act tough as nails but are deeply emotional.

People who talk about going to fight and kill are misguided fools. Go watch some interviews with people who have actually done that and see how they feel about breaking into someone's home and killing them next to their wife and kids. There are bad actors in wars, sure. But at the end of the day there's a human cost that can't be appreciated behind a keyboard thousands of miles away. Ask them how they felt when they saw the guys they laughed with hours earlier sitting in body bags rotting in the sun, or when they had to go tell the family. People die for the agenda of the rich and powerful, period.

Having said that, the comment about weakening population, etc, is ignorant. There are, and always will be, men and women who are born to kill. They train at the highest level and itch for a fight regardless of he said she said. I think you will find that smaller, more refined and cohesive units are a force to be reckoned with -- again by actually talking to the people who have done these things. These people are always a small percentage of the population. More than most fail selection. If you read the Hagakure, people have said for centuries that men "don't have the virility they used to". It's all perspective.