Are we on the brink of WWIII?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Okay guys, I'm being super cereal here, and what's Off-Topic without some paranoid discussions to go with our religious and gun debates?

So as everyone probably knows (unless you're living under a rock), we've got several different things going on in this world that may or may not be concerning (giving that this might still be just Iran, China, North Korea ect all just flashing their guns to show off that they still exist).

We have things like North Korea going under Martial Law (Because God knows they were already under it), and threatening nuclear tests, and as always "preparing for war". And of course the discovery of the more recent concentration camps within North Korea (even though we technically knew they had stuff like that gong on.

We have Iran and Russia getting angry at Israel for attacking Syria, as Iran hastens their Uranium enrichment programs ect.

Then we have the Usual Japan vs. China, Turkey getting angry, and China always being an ever growing concern to the US.

------

If needed I can always bring up more things, but as of now it seems that 2013 is going to be a "fun" year for everyone.

So Off-Topic, do you think we're on the brink of WWIII?

Discuss.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

No.  I highly doubt you'll see anything like the likes of WW2 any time soon. 

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

No.  No we are not.  It's gon b all right.

Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

They're up to World War 3??????

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Too much Call of Duty huh?

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WiiMan21

Legend002
Ewww no, Call of Duty is not my style.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Not for a while at least.  The poor people will keep dieing like usual but us first worlders should be ok.

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

Okay guys, I'm being super cereal here, and what's Off-Topic without some paranoid discussions to go with our religious and gun debates?

So as everyone probably knows (unless you're living under a rock), we've got several different things going on in this world that may or may not be concerning (giving that this might still be just Iran, China, North Korea ect all just flashing their guns to show off that they still exist).

We have things like North Korea going under Martial Law (Because God knows they were already under it), and threatening nuclear tests, and as always "preparing for war". And of course the discovery of the more recent concentration camps within North Korea (even though we technically knew they had stuff like that gong on.

We have Iran and Russia getting angry at Israel for attacking Syria, as Iran hastens their Uranium enrichment programs ect.

Then we have the Usual Japan vs. China, Turkey getting angry, and China always being an ever growing concern to the US.

------

If needed I can always bring up more things, but as of now it seems that 2013 is going to be a "fun" year for everyone.

So Off-Topic, do you think we're on the brink of WWIII?

Discuss.

WiiMan21

We're in the midst of another Cold War.  Those of us in 'civilisation' are unlikely to be affected.  We'll instead fight it out in various nations in Africa and the Middle East.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WiiMan21

jim_shorts
Thanks Jim, you're words soothe my worries like a throat lozenge during a bad cold.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I hope so.

Maybe Americans will start shooting enemy combatants instead of their fellow school kids then...

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

North Korea has been in martial law 24/7/365 since 1948 this is nothing new...

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

WiiMan21
Thanks Jim, you're words soothe my worries like a throat lozenge during a bad cold.

Dere's no need 2 b upset
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

100% of the developed world is 100% globalized.

There will never be global war between great powers ever again.

For one great power to go to war with another great power, it would be to destroy their own economy.

If the United States went to war with Iran and North Korea, it would not be WW3.  The United States could defeat the conventional armies of both of those nations in a matter of days, and short of occupying those nations in the aftermath, the wars would be minor at best.  And despite what either of those nations or the US say, we are highly unlikely to enter war with them.  They are ruled by dictators (Supreme Leader and Ayatollah).  Dictators want to remain in power.  They are not idiots (crazy maybe), to make war with the United States would be to destroy their own power.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

Legend002

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Nope.  I think that the people who talk about the possibility of an epic-scale war or a global financial collapse or an impending armageddon are usually people who are old enough to be used to the current zeitgeist I'll say for lack of a better word.  They see how the world is changing, the new challenges we're facing, changing norms, etc. and they get scared, are unable to effectively deal with them on a psychological level, and resort to these doomsday predictions.  I think that people who are imaginative enough to think about new solutions and new ways of dealing with problems rarely ascribe to these theories, unless perhaps they're horribly cynical because of constant disappointment and are just in some way wishing for a blank slate.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#16 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

It's on right now in all your minds!

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WiiMan21
[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

jim_shorts

Dere's no need 2 b upset

I'm not, that was meant to be light heart, not said in a butthurt manor. xP
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WiiMan21

North Korea has been in martial law 24/7/365 since 1948 this is nothing new...

Fightingfan
I stated in the OP that they have been under Martial Law.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

no, unless china keeps claiming resource rich islands near southeast asia then we might have an issue.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Nah, another World War would be too much of a bummer. 

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

jim_shorts

Dere's no need 2 b upset

tumblr_m0izvrs3Dm1qfczas.gif

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

No. The only thing that would drive WW3 in the forseeable future would be a shortage of either water, oil or food. All of which well not run out of (at least in the rich part of the world) for a very long time. 

In order for a World War to start, somehow some of the world powers would have to declare war on each other. There is no way that US, EU, Russia, or China would declare war on another.

North Korea goes under Martial Law every time it tests a Nuke, so it doesn't mean much. If North Korea is going to get into a war with South Korea (and the US), at worst the Chinese are going to sit back and do nothing. If they were to get involved, it would probably be because North Korea used a Nuke, and China would probably be on the side of the south. Anyway, North Korea's nukes are extremely weak. 

EDIT: 
And Russia won't do anything towards Isreal. If Iran attacks Isreal, it is a regional war. The US might get involved, but Russia would not get directly involved, but might supply Iran cold war style. 

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Whether we have a WWIII or not, there'll probably be another Civil War if the Government keeps pushing for law-abiding citizens to give up their right to have a means of defending themselves.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jim_shorts

[QUOTE="jim_shorts"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"] Thanks Jim, you're words soothe my worries like a throat lozenge during a bad cold.wis3boi

Dere's no need 2 b upset

tumblr_m0izvrs3Dm1qfczas.gif

I was actually gonna post that gif but I couldn't find it.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
according to nostradamus... ww3 is not happen simultinously ... it already happen now
Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

World wars are such an old concept...

I am concerned about China and North Korea, but I think most people would not be interested in going to war.

However, I think it would be good for some economies....

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

no not gunna happen.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
World War II, IIRC, cost a trillion dollars in the 1940's. The US is currently almost 20 trillion dollars in debt, not including the 230 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities. In modern money, $1 trillion from 1945 is $12.3 trillion. The US has already assumed more than 20 times the debt than another "world war" might cost. Almost every country in the world that has a significant standing army, that could participate in a conflict lasting 4-5 years, is in debt as well. There is no way anyone could pay for it. The world does not have the productive potential to provide equipment for such a conflict. Especially the US.