Are there any Stargate Fans here?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

STB1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 STB1001
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

Who here are fans of the TV show Stargate SG1? I loved that show and a while ago I just got done watching the whole series. I would like to know if anyone else here likes SG1 as well?

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

I love Stargate! I've only watched the 1st season of SG1 which is awesome and most of Stargate Universe. I haven't watched most of the series's and episodes so I have a lot to catch up on. Unfortunately there is no Stargate on Netflix so I have no way of watching it besides purchasing expensive DVD sets.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I watched every season of SG1 at the end of last summer, took some serious adjusting for us after we were finished with season 10 (I hate that when you binge watch something and then don't know what to do with yourself for the next couple of nights). I never watched the last season of Atlantis and really didn't like the look of Universe.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

Never got into it - preferred star trek. My brother seems to have a massively fascination with it watching all the series. Don't understand the appeal.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Watched Stargate SG1 while it was still airing on television then continued with Atlantis and then Universe. They are all great in their own ways and it creates a fantastic overarching universe. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

I'm more of a Star Trek fan - not the backwards Abrams junk though - but Stargate is pretty good. Currently doing another Gateathon, as I guess a Stargate marathon could be called, and I'm on season 7 of SG1, I'll begin season 1 of Atlantis early into season 8 of SG1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Only watched SG1 but quite liked it. Got a bit bored towards the end but I went on a marathon and watched the whole 10 seasons in like 2 months so I was probably just a little sick of it by then =P

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

SG1 was a good show, but it was a very typical sci-fi "monster of the week" type show where the sci-fi concept and jargon took precedence over things like character development. It was really fun, though, and the main story arcs were pretty compelling even if they were running short of storylines by season 10. I liked it, but it's not a show I would recommend to people who aren't already fans of sci-fi (like BSG or SG:U).

Atlantis was pretty much the same deal, although The Wraith annoyed my wife because they were kind of "gothy".

Universe, though, was just an awesome show all around. It had the great Stargate mythos mixed with BSG-quality gritty storylines. This is a show that I'd recommend even to non-sci fi fans as being really good.

-Byshop

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By osan0  Online
Member since 2004 • 17815 Posts

im watching SGU at the moment on netflix. i watched all of atlantis last year. i will probably go through the first 8 seasons of SG1 again at some point (i dont want to talk about the last 2 seasons of SG1 :P).

SGU is such a tragedy though :(. it started off rough but by season 2 it was working quite well. they were getting a much better sense of what they were doing towards the end of season 1. i think if there was a season 3 it would have been a cracker and would have gone on for at least another 2 seasons (an atlantis run basically).

it takes time fo sci-fi shows to find their feet. TNG didnt become decent until season 2-3. voyager also needed 3 seasons to get working (though that series did ruin the borg. woops). SG1 was no beauty at the beginning either. the first few episodes are awful and season 1 is very rough overall.

but for whatever reason the SG fans turned on it which is a terrible shame.

maybe it should have been called something different. promoted as something from the creators of SG1 and atlantis or something set in the stargate universe...but its not stargate. it does have a very different vibe to both SG1 and atlantis.

such a shame :(.