Are metalheads all conservative/right wing nuts?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]

Lol. Gaahl has done none of those things. He's a hyped up media portrayal. Any real black metal fan knows he says these things for his image.

iloverikku11

Oh... well fair enough then. I thought that he really was a psychopath...

he's a homosexual fashion designer....

I knew that much
mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mywalletsgone
Member since 2010 • 1344 Posts

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

Are they? lol

I started hanging around with a new crowd since summer started (Don't worry I still have my old buddies haha) that were really into their whole heavy metal shtick. Anyway to cut a long story short I got to know them really well and vice versa. It turns out that I don't quite share the same view as them unfortunately!

After that things went downhill, and then they ragged on me for ages over how I'm a huge f***** and a liberal and whatever lol :( I hate metalheads now, they are all scum from what I've encountered :?

But then I went online and I discovered a trend of all metalheads being conservative and right wing nuts. They hate minorities, find all races apart from their own inferior (They're all white btw) and loads of other nasty stuff that I'd rather not list right now. I honestly hope they don't vote. I mean I didn't ask their ages (I thought they were as old as I am, which is of legal age) but judging from their behaviour they couldn't be more than 18 could they? Though heavy metal is an underage thing isn't it? The only thing that might set them apart from conservative values is that they hate religion lol, which I think is hilarious but I'm not sure why. Authority issues maybe?

What is your take? =d

WushuFighter

There's a difference between a metalhead and someone who listens to a lot of metal. I happen to listen a ton of metal, and I don't fit the description in your post at all.

There is outliers in every group my good man.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]

Lol. Gaahl has done none of those things. He's a hyped up media portrayal. Any real black metal fan knows he says these things for his image.

mywalletsgone

Oh... well fair enough then. I thought that he really was a psychopath...

It's funny you're swayed so easily by him, being fellow metalheads. I wouldn't be surprised if that Ghall dude actually commited all that crap.

Like, I'm all for music tastes but I can never take people seriously if they perpetuate the same sentiments as the artists. Always seperate an artist from their work!

I wouldn't be surprised either. But "Imaps3fanboy" knows what he's talking about. From previous debates with him I've learnt this o.0 Also you can't really call me a metal head. I listen to far more "Rock" music and the metal I listen to isn't extreme
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Firebird-5
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts

Change two letters to get "meatheads". Coincidence?Mr_Snrub_

and if you multiply 2 by 333... you get 666!

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]Oh... well fair enough then. I thought that he really was a psychopath...DmadFearmonger

It's funny you're swayed so easily by him, being fellow metalheads. I wouldn't be surprised if that Ghall dude actually commited all that crap.

Like, I'm all for music tastes but I can never take people seriously if they perpetuate the same sentiments as the artists. Always seperate an artist from their work!

I wouldn't be surprised either. But "Imaps3fanboy" knows what he's talking about. From previous debates with him I've learnt this o.0 Also you can't really call me a metal head. I listen to far more "Rock" music and the metal I listen to isn't extreme

Haha the guys I talked to and researched didn't have to be extreme either. By extreme to you mean thrash, prog metal etc? They all liked that kinda stuff. But they were bottled up guys, very small social circle and very defensive. I dunno they were probably threatened by someone with conflicting views but whatever.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Ok ok, this was a good idea for a troll thread. Lots of metal listeners on OT to piss off. You should make one about rap music next: I am sure you can think of some good generalizations for their fans :lol:

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] You mean you have a Varg avatar yet don't know who he is? :O

There is a reason its funny that he looks so happy and carefree. He is a neo-nazi pagan who murdered a fellow black metal guitarist, and burned down a church or two. He was in prison for a long time.

majoras_wrath

Well wow, you see this is what I'm talking about. I feel disgusted thinking that he's my avatar and sig but I'm afraid to change it now because it's my forum identity :(

But yeah, whoa. That guy is a total bigot... I totally get the fire thing now. But it sorta backs up my point. Lunatics. I think he might be one of the guys who let it out beyond his music, am I correct?

The whole black metal scene was f***** up. At one point, a vocalist for some band committed suicide with a gun, and the guitarist (same dude who was later murdered by Varg) cooked up his dead friends brains and ate them. Just curious, why did you pick your Varg avatar if you didn't know about all this?

Hah, not gonna lie I just thought his face was funny and someone gave me the sig image and I lol'd and just put it in. I'm an open minded kinda guy =p

Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

Funny coincidence that this thread shows up. Just yesterday, I visited a forum called stormfront.org. Don't really know if I should be posting this here, because it's a White Nationalist hate site that was apparently started by a former KKK member many years ago. They claim they are only standing up for white pride and culture, because whites are supposedly a persecuted and dying breed. But if you read some of their threads, it's clear that they really hate minorities, especially Blacks and Jews. Some of the things they say are pretty hateful and scary. In fact, I even found a link to the guy in your avatar and sig, and about the crime he committed. And this was just yesterday.

One of the other things I learned pretty much confirms would you said to a large extent. I found a thread talking about metalheads and how they are supposed to be White Nationalist, conservative, and racist. That actually surprised me. But then there was someone who mentioned that he's seen metalheads at concerts dating minorites, and how much it disgusts him. If you didn't know, they are totally against interracial dating and believe in preserving the purity of the white race. They especially hate seeing a beautiful white woman dating someone from a minority.

Males are apparently a significant majority in the WN movement (although they do have their share of females), and they are trying to find ways to recruit more women. Problem is, many of them are not just racist, but sexist as well. And even if they aren't, they admit that women have a harder time accepting their views. After spending more time on the site, I was able to glean that many of these guys are depressed and insecure, and have a hard time meeting women.

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mywalletsgone

Ok ok, this was a good idea for a troll thread. Lots of metal listeners on OT to piss off. You should make one about rap music next: I am sure you can think of some good generalizations for their fans :lol:

limpbizkit818

Obvious metal fan. Limpbizkit as their username.

Don't get defensive because I'm speaking about my experiences. The stuff I've seen hardly wavered from the trend, and had hardly any outliers. Like I've said after I encountered those freaks I took my time online to take a long look at metal music fans behavior.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#61 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Blaze787
Storm Front is one scary place man. I checked that place out for a while a couple of years just to read their stuff after i heard about them. ouf...

like wow.... some scary folks.

Thankfully i've met very few people as bad some of those guys.

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mywalletsgone

Funny coincidence that this thread shows up. Just yesterday, I visited a forum called stormfront.org. Don't really know if I should be posting this here, because it's a White Nationalist hate site that was apparently started by a former KKK member many years ago. They claim they are only standing up for white pride and culture, because whites are supposedly a persecuted and dying breed. But if you read some of their threads, it's clear that they really hate minorities, especially Blacks and Jews. Some of the things they say are pretty hateful and scary.

One of the things I learned, just yesterday, pretty much confirms would you said to a large extent. Even people on that forum admit that many metalheads are White Nationalist and racist. But then there was someone who mentioned that he's seen metalheads at concerts dating minorites, and how much it disgusts him. If you didn't know, they are totally against interracial dating and believe in preserving the purity of the white race. They especially hate seeing a beautiful white woman dating someone from a minority.

Males are apparently a significant majority in the WN movement (although they do have their share of females), and they are trying to find ways to recruit more women. Problem is, many of them are not just racist, but sexist as well. And even if they aren't, they admit that women have a harder time accepting their views. After spending more time on the site, I was able to glean that many of these guys are depressed and insecure, and have a hard time meeting women.

Blaze787

In a nutshell I would probably put it down to the average white male being scared. Luckily I'm not an average white male and can tower above that clouded view lmao, although I'd welcome a few metal suggestions.

I think the more educated one is, the more open they are, and that includes music. Correct?

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

mywalletsgone

Haha the guys I talked to and researched didn't have to be extreme either. By extreme to you mean thrash, prog metal etc? They all liked that kinda stuff. But they were bottled up guys, very small social circle and very defensive. I dunno they were probably threatened by someone with conflicting views but whatever.

By extreme I mean Death, Doom and Black. Prog and Thrash are hardly extreme
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

mywalletsgone

Don't get defensive because I'm speaking about my experiences. The stuff I've seen hardly wavered from the trend, and had hardly any outliers. Like I've said after I encountered those freaks I took my time online to take a long look at metal music fans behavior.

Whatever, I am not going to bother getting into an argument with you when this is clearly a troll topic.

And yeah, Limp Bizkit man. Such hardcore metal. So intense. Listen to these vocals. So much hatred. Gonna go vote Republican, brb.

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]I wouldn't be surprised either. But "Imaps3fanboy" knows what he's talking about. From previous debates with him I've learnt this o.0 Also you can't really call me a metal head. I listen to far more "Rock" music and the metal I listen to isn't extremeDmadFearmonger

They are pretty extreme.

I tried out Opeth, Dream Theatre and Meshuggah and they all seem like extreme metal to me.

Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

I'd say you're right. By the way, read my previous post again if you can, because I edited it twice and added a bit more info. Sorry.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DmadFearmonger

mywalletsgone

They are pretty extreme.

I tried out Opeth, Dream Theatre and Meshuggah and they all seem like extreme metal to me.

Opeth are, yes. Dream Theater definetly are not and I can't say about that last one.
mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

limpbizkit818

Whatever, I am not going to bother getting into an argument with you when this is clearly a troll topic.

And yeah, Limp Bizkit man. Such hardcore metal. So intesne. Listen to these vocals. So much hatred. Gonna go vote Republican, brb.

Are you implying that metal vocals have to be harsh to be metal? Because from what I've researched, it's not like that.

And you can call me a troll all you want, my experiences are my experiences haha

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]By extreme I mean Death, Doom and Black. Prog and Thrash are hardly extremeDmadFearmonger

They are pretty extreme.

Opeth are, yes. Dream Theater definetly are not and I can't say about that last one.

Well whatever about Opeth, they are extreme and I just found blegh. As for Dream Theatre, just sounded like chaos to me, no direction or form, nor structure. It just sounded like extreme fore extreme's sake, y'know?

Jamalamanabad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jamalamanabad
Member since 2011 • 172 Posts

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="mywalletsgone"] They are pretty extreme.

mywalletsgone

Well whatever about Opeth, they are extreme and I just found blegh. As for Dream Theatre, just sounded like chaos to me, no direction or form, nor structure. It just sounded like extreme fore extreme's sake, y'know?

Notieng to soeund like a misthropic perseon, but I aem not the bieggest fan of metal :(
Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts

http://hacked.forum.cheatengine.org/files/trollface2_122.jpg

i think you might be on to something...

Jamalamanabad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jamalamanabad
Member since 2011 • 172 Posts
Wehen i visteted Ireland thuere was a lort of misanthropic peoeple listenening to metal , i was prettety surprised
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

I started hanging around with a new crowd since summer started (Don't worry I still have my old buddies haha)mywalletsgone

Oh man, I was really worried. Phew!

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="mywalletsgone"] They are pretty extreme.

mywalletsgone

Dream Theater's strange music doesn't make it extreme. It makes it detailed and interesting.
mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

I started hanging around with a new crowd since summer started (Don't worry I still have my old buddies haha)sammyjenkis898

Oh man, I was really worried. Phew!

You weren't REALLY worried, but what you WERE worried about was that I'd start dissing hipster stuff!

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]Opeth are, yes. Dream Theater definetly are not and I can't say about that last one.DmadFearmonger

Dream Theater's strange music doesn't make it extreme. It makes it detailed and interesting.

I can record a mish mash of scales and notes in 12/8 and also call it interesting =S

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="mywalletsgone"] Well whatever about Opeth, they are extreme and I just found blegh. As for Dream Theatre, just sounded like chaos to me, no direction or form, nor structure. It just sounded like extreme fore extreme's sake, y'know?

mywalletsgone

I can record a mish mash of scales and notes in 12/8 and also call it interesting =S

Anyone can, but can you do it and make good music with it?
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
[QUOTE="iloverikku11"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]Oh... well fair enough then. I thought that he really was a psychopath...imaps3fanboy

he's a homosexual fashion designer....

Haha, pretty much

gaahl only torture..... either he's HFD.... he's the ......................Satan....(sipping beverage from his unholy grail)
Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#81 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]I wouldn't be surprised either. But "Imaps3fanboy" knows what he's talking about. From previous debates with him I've learnt this o.0 Also you can't really call me a metal head. I listen to far more "Rock" music and the metal I listen to isn't extremeDmadFearmonger

I know a few people who listen to Thrash and think it is the most extreme thing ever >.>

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DmadFearmonger

Joshywaa

I know a few people who listen to Thrash and think it is the most extreme thing ever >.>

Hehehe, their ears be broke.
mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]Dream Theater's strange music doesn't make it extreme. It makes it detailed and interesting.DmadFearmonger

I can if that kind of stuff appeals to you, which it seems to do =p

I am also in the key of C# minor, enjoy lol

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DmadFearmonger

mywalletsgone

Okay then, make a masterpiece mate :P
mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mywalletsgone

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]Anyone can, but can you do it and make good music with it?DmadFearmonger

Would you want me to? Well I'll forward my email onto you man, I'll send you my stuff =p

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Uhhhhh no. Stop generalizing.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

I'm a metal fan and I hate right wing nuts. What now?

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DmadFearmonger

mywalletsgone

Would you want me to? Well I'll forward my email onto you man, I'll send you my stuff =p

Very good :D
Toadso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Toadso
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] The whole black metal scene was f***** up. At one point, a vocalist for some band committed suicide with a gun, and the guitarist (same dude who was later murdered by Varg) cooked up his dead friends brains and ate them. Just curious, why did you pick your Varg avatar if you didn't know about all this? imaps3fanboy

Not to mention Gaahl of Gorgoroth has murdered people, tortured people and crucified people at concerts

Ive seen Gaahl many times(we live in the same city) and he is pretty big and menacing looking :P
I dont have a hard time imagining him doing really F`ed up things to people. I dont think he has murdered anyone though.
He has totally lost it at times and beaten people(two which I know of) senseless.
As for the crucifixion, its was actually just a couple of people hanging(voluntary) on a cross during a concert in Poland, and because of the heat or something one of the women hanging a cross passed out. She was quickly taken down and cared for though. So he is hyped up, but not totally innocent ;)

jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jonnymcl2k
Member since 2004 • 1604 Posts

I know lots of a metalheads who aren't conservative, does that mean that they are all liberal? God no!

Judge people individually rather than generally

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Im a metalhead and i am conservative, im not a nut job though -.-

I just dont enjoy when my taxes go to someone who wants to freeload. I will gladly help the poor, but not someone who doesnt work.

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

I'm a metalhead and I'm fairly liberal (more moderate though). My brother is a metalhead and he is quite liberal. My good friend is a metal head and he is extremely liberal.

Also your "argument" has a MAJOR logical fallacy: hasty generalization. Its just the same as me meeting a group of rap lovers and them saying they want to overthrow the government, can I then safely assume that all rap lovers want to overthrow the government? Just using that as an example, I have never met a rap lover who wants to overthrow the government :P.

So point being, not all metalheads are conservative nuts. I fail to see any possible connotation between musical tastes and political idealogy unless a massive study is made.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
I'm rather suprised that this thread has been left open....
BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#94 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
Maybe a certain sect of them (us). There are plenty of metalheads like myself that don't have hair down to our ass, a beer in our hand 24/7, an "old lady", or any of that jazz.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
I guess I'm three conflicting things, I'm a devote christian, love metal, and I'm a democrat. Have you ever even listened to any good metal? I can't stand people who bash metal without even exploring the genre.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Are they? lol

I started hanging around with a new crowd since summer started (Don't worry I still have my old buddies haha) that were really into their whole heavy metal shtick. Anyway to cut a long story short I got to know them really well and vice versa. It turns out that I don't quite share the same view as them unfortunately!

After that things went downhill, and then they ragged on me for ages over how I'm a huge f***** and a liberal and whatever lol :( I hate metalheads now, they are all scum from what I've encountered :?

But then I went online and I discovered a trend of all metalheads being conservative and right wing nuts. They hate minorities, find all races apart from their own inferior (They're all white btw) and loads of other nasty stuff that I'd rather not list right now. I honestly hope they don't vote. I mean I didn't ask their ages (I thought they were as old as I am, which is of legal age) but judging from their behaviour they couldn't be more than 18 could they? Though heavy metal is an underage thing isn't it? The only thing that might set them apart from conservative values is that they hate religion lol, which I think is hilarious but I'm not sure why. Authority issues maybe?

What is your take? =d

mywalletsgone
While there are plenty of conservative racist scum amongst our ranks, especialy in the black metal community, large ammounts of metalheads are preaty liberal and open minded. Just comes with the territory, you have all kinds of metalheads, peace loving, peace hating, love loving, hate loving, brutal, soft, racist, tolerant, gay straight, bisexual, on drugs, clean, right wing, left wing, agnostic, atheist, christian, buddist etc. You can't realy label all metaleheads under one definition.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#97 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Not that I know of. Just people that like hard rock. Young people tend to be more liberal in general anyways.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

Not me, I'm Hispanic and a huge liberal.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts
[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] You mean you have a Varg avatar yet don't know who he is? :O

There is a reason its funny that he looks so happy and carefree. He is a neo-nazi pagan who murdered a fellow black metal guitarist, and burned down a church or two. He was in prison for a long time.

majoras_wrath

Well wow, you see this is what I'm talking about. I feel disgusted thinking that he's my avatar and sig but I'm afraid to change it now because it's my forum identity :(

But yeah, whoa. That guy is a total bigot... I totally get the fire thing now. But it sorta backs up my point. Lunatics. I think he might be one of the guys who let it out beyond his music, am I correct?

The whole black metal scene was f***** up. At one point, a vocalist for some band committed suicide with a gun, and the guitarist (same dude who was later murdered by Varg) cooked up his dead friends brains and ate them. Just curious, why did you pick your Varg avatar if you didn't know about all this?

Dunno where you heard this, I thought Mayhem just took a pic of the member who shot his brains out and used it as cover art in their next album.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
metal head be crazy