Anyone have a strong desire to go back to like 1940?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Eh, 1940, 1950, maybe 60's? I wouldn't even care if we did not have computers or any high tech gadgets, and I don't know if I am seeing that time period through rose colored glasses, but there was something classic about it. Something timeless about the people of that era, the TV, the music, the family life, the movies, the cars, and just the general state of the world was different. I think it would be kind of cool personally... Anyone else? If I could wake up tomorrow morning and it was 1940, I think I could totally live that...
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
yeah i don't mind getting raped by japanese soldiers
smallcaplegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 smallcaplegend
Member since 2006 • 3083 Posts
not really, its to different, to much racil prejudice, boring, and no tech stuff. I would prabably have to work on the feilds. But it would be cool to see MLK jr and ceaser chavez
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
why on earth would you want to live during WW2...and after that is the cold war...
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
i guess i would...during those times life wasnt meaningless...people had things to life for and to die for....if i lived during those times that be cool i guess ...at least it would be better back then then now....u know with all this non sense with iraq and america and what not
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
I would love to go back to the Mafia times.
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
I'd go back to the 60's when LSD was legal, then go see a Doors concert... then Jimi Hendrix, then the Beatles, then the Rolling Stones, then Jefferson Airplane, then Bob Dylan. Yep... awesome.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I'd go back to the 60's when LSD was legal, then go see a Doors concert... then Jimi Hendrix, then the Beatles, then the Rolling Stones, then Jefferson Airplane, then Bob Dylan. Yep... awesome.Darth_Tyrev
Dude. Nice taste in music. Needs more Skynyrd though.
TrailorParkBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TrailorParkBoy
Member since 2006 • 2922 Posts
It would suck for me (but be uber cool since I would probable be a fighter/bomber pilot :)), If it was the 1940's I would probable be dead some were in Europe. 50's then some were in Korea, and 60's who knows probable dead some were in Vietnam :(.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

I have a strong connection to that era - sometimes I wonder if I died in the war and came back.

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
I wouldnt Mind Going back to the Medieval age for a few days. Just to experience What life was like back then.
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 outbreak201

I have a strong connection to that era - sometimes I wonder if I died in the war and came back.

quadraleap

dude.....same with me man...wow i thought i was the only one.....

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

I'd go back to the 60's when LSD was legal, then go see a Doors concert... then Jimi Hendrix, then the Beatles, then the Rolling Stones, then Jefferson Airplane, then Bob Dylan. Yep... awesome.Darth_Tyrev

yeah, I would do that.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Not me. No respect for Asians back then. I'd be called a ching chong or something.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 quadraleap
[QUOTE="quadraleap"]

outbreak201

..I wonder if we were in the same squad? ;)

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
Nope I like it now, plus I don not enjoy listening to the fossil music that they used to listen to.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Yes, I would love to go back to a World War.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
No, I would rather go back to 1897 when my great grandfather landed on the shores of Canada
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 outbreak201
[QUOTE="outbreak201"][QUOTE="quadraleap"]

quadraleap

..I wonder if we were in the same platoon? ;)

that would be crazy...man if you think about it reincarnation would be pretty sweet

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

I see what you mean, but basically, with all the events that happened in those periods, I was fine in the 90's where NOTHING happened, those history lessons were enough to keep me entertained lol. Now we've got the war on terror to deal with, and that's such an iffy war.

Oi', back on topic, anyway, yeah, I'd actually enjoy to live in that era if it wasn't for all those events that were going on, and omg, ESPECIALLY THE GREAT DEPRESSION. (wrong time period, check other post on next page :oops: )

Yet, the lifestyIe seemed better, in a nutshell, it was less materialistic since things involved more hard work and people appreciated things more. Watching history channel, it kinda seemed like fun. I'm fine with the lifestyIe nowadays though, it hasn't changed TOO much, only in technology, and culture is slightly different, but it'll constantly have minute changes in years to come.

quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 quadraleap

that would be crazy...man if you think about it reincarnation would be pretty sweet outbreak201

I just don't want to come back after this time, I'm tired of it and fear the future. :P

BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BlueBarad
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
Not really, I like it the way it is. If I had a choice I would go to the future.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
I would love to be in a place where there were no wars AKA where their is no sinful man... I'll get this when I die.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts
Wait, depression was early 30's.... oops. :oops:
soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts
I have more of a desire to live in the late 1800's/very early 1900's.
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 outbreak201

[QUOTE="outbreak201"]that would be crazy...man if you think about it reincarnation would be pretty sweet quadraleap

I just don't want to come back after this time, I'm tired of it and fear the future. :P

true true

MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts
Yes, I'm sure living through WWII would be fun eh :roll:
TongHua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TongHua
Member since 2007 • 2929 Posts
No because then i'd be dead.
cowboymonkey21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cowboymonkey21
Member since 2007 • 5297 Posts
id go to 1910-1930
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Living in a time period when one of the most horrific wars this planet has ever known took place? No thanks. Medical treatments were barbaric and rudimentary, prejudice was more prevalent, etc.

I'll pass.

MarkSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 MarkSmith
Member since 2002 • 31168 Posts
I would have insane internet withdrawal syndrome. The only reason I'd want to go to 1940 would be to invest a few thousand dollars in Proctor and Gamble, Wal Mart, Exxon, and to tell the world about Hitler
yab_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 yab_007
Member since 2005 • 1359 Posts
Events of 1940(Below, many events of World War II have the "WWII" prefix.)

[edit]January
  • January 4 - WWII: Axis powers - Luftwaffe General Hermann Goering assumes control of all war industries in Germany.
  • January 6 - WWII:Winter War - General Semyon Timoshenko takes command of all Russian forces.
  • January 8 - WWII:Winter War - Russian 44th Assault Division destroyed by Finnish forces in Battle of Suomussalmi.
  • January 26 - Australia - Brisbane swelters through its hottest day ever, 43.2 degrees.

February
  • February 1 - WWII: Winter War - Russian forces launch major assault on Finnish troops which occupy the Karelian Isthmus.
  • February 7 - RKO releases Walt Disney's second full-length animated film, Pinocchio.
  • February 16 - WWII: In the Altmark IncidentBritish destroyer Cossack pursues German tanker Altmark into Jøssingfjord in southwestern Norway.

March
  • March 2 - Elmer Fudd makes his debut in the short Elmer's Candid Camera.
  • March 3 - In Sweden, a time bomb destroys the office of Norrskenflamman newspaper of Swedishcommunists - 5 dead.
  • March 5- Members of Soviet politburo: Stalin, Molotov, Lazar Kaganovich, Mikhail Kalinin, Kliment Voroshilov and Lavrenty Beria, signed an order, prepared by Beria, for the execution of 25,700 Polish intelligentsia, including 14,700 Polish POWs. The action is known as the Katyn massacre.
  • March 12 - Soviet Union and Finland sign a peace treaty in Moscow ending the Winter War. Finns, along with the world at large, were shocked by the harsh terms.
  • March 18 - WWII: Axis powers - Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini meet at Brenner Pass in the Alps and agree to form an alliance against France and the United Kingdom.
  • March 21Édouard Daladier resigns as prime minister of France. He is replaced by Paul Reynaud.
  • March 23 - The Pakistan Resolution is rallied by the All-India Muslim League: Muslims from every corner of India meet up around Iqbal Park, Lahore, now in modern-day Pakistan.

April
  • April 5 - Neville Chamberlain, in what will prove to be a tragic lapse of judgment, declares in a major public speech that Hitler has "missed the bus".
  • April 7 - Booker T. Washington becomes the first African American to be depicted on a United Statespostage stamp.
  • April 9 - WWII: Germany invades Denmark and Norway in operation Weserübung. The British campaign in Norway is simultaneously commenced.
  • April 12 - The Faroe Islands were occupied by British troops following the invasion of Denmark by Nazi Germany. This action was taken to avert a possible German occupation of the islands, which would have had very grave consequences for the course of the Battle of the Atlantic.
  • April 15 - Opening day at Jamaica Racetrack features the use of pari-mutuel betting equipment, a departure from bookmaking heretofore used exclusively throughout New York state. Other NY tracks follow suit later in 1940.
  • April 23 - Rhythm Night Club burns in Natchez, Mississippi: 198 dead.

May
  • May 10 - WWII:
    • Battle of France begins - German forces invade Low Countries.
    • Invasion of Iceland by the United Kingdom.
    • With the resignation of Neville Chamberlain, Winston Churchill becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
  • May 13
    • Winston Churchill, in his first address as Prime Minister, tells the House of Commons, "I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears, and sweat."
    • WWII: German armies open 60-mile wide breach in Maginot Line at Sedan.
  • May 14
    • Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands and her government flee to London; Rotterdam subjected to savage terror bombing by the Luftwaffe - 980 killed, 20,000 buildings destroyed.
    • Recruitment begins in Britain for a home defence force - the Local Defence Volunteers, later known as the Home Guard.
  • May 15
    • WWII: Dutch army surrenders.
    • McDonald's founded. Dick and Mac McDonald open their first restaurant in San Bernardino, California, featuring a broad menu including barbecue. Eight years later, they would streamline production to focus on hamburgers only.
  • May 16 - U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, addressing a joint session of Congress, asks for an extraordinary credit of approximately $900 million to finance construction of at least 50,000 airplanes per year.
  • May 17 - Brussels falls to German forces; Belgian government flees to Ostend.
  • May 18 - Marshal Henri Petain named vice-premier of France.
  • May 19 - General Maxime Weygand replaces Maurice Gamelin as commander-in-chief of all French forces.
  • May 20 - WWII: German forces, under General Erwin Rommel, reach the English Channel. Holocaust: concentration and death camp, Auschwitz-Birkenau opens in Poland.
  • May 22 - WWII: British Parliament passes Emergency Powers Act giving the government full control over all persons and property.
  • May 26 - WWII: Dunkirk evacuation of British Expeditionary Force starts.
  • May 28
    • WWII: King Leopold III orders the Belgian forces to cease fighting. Leaders of the Belgian government on French territory declare Leopold deposed.
    • Winston Churchill warns the House of Commons to, "... prepare itself for hard and heavy tidings."
DiabolicalX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 DiabolicalX
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts
go back to the 1940's, probably not, the whole, being thrown into a concentration camp thingis what puts me of the most
yab_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yab_007
June
  • June 3 - Holocaust: Franz Rademacher proposes the Madagascar Plan.
  • June 4
    • Dunkirk evacuation ends - British forces complete evacuating 300,000 troops from Dunkirk in France.
    • Winston Churchill tells the House of Commons, "We shall not flag or fail. We shall fight on the beaches...on the landing grounds...in the fields and the streets...We shall never surrender."
  • June 9 - WWII: The British Commandos are created.
  • June 10 - WWII
    • Italy declares war on France and the United Kingdom.
    • U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt denounces Italy's actions with "Stab in the Back" speech from the graduation ceremonies of the University of Virginia.
    • Canada declares war on Italy.
    • Norway surrenders to German forces.
    • French government flees to Tours.
  • June 12 - WWII: 13,000 British and French troops surrender to Field MarshalErwin Rommel at St. Valery-en-Caux.
  • June 13 - WWII: Paris is declared an open city.
  • June 14 - WWII:
    • French government flees to Bordeaux.
    • Paris falls under German occupation.
    • U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Naval Expansion Act into law which aims to increase the United States Navy's tonnage by 11%.
    • Holocaust: A group of 728 Polish political prisoners from Tarnów become the first residents of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
  • June 15 - WWII: Verdun falls to German forces.

June 16: The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is held for the first time in Sturgis, SD

• June 17
    • Philippe Petain becomes Prime Minister of France and immediately asks Germany for peace terms.
    • Soviet Army enters Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia.
    • Operation Ariel begins - Allied troops start to evacuate France, following Germany's takeover of Paris and most of the nation.
    • LuftwaffeJunkers 88 bomber sinks British ship RMS Lancastria, that was evacuating troops from near Saint-Nazaire, France. Death toll is over 2500. Wartime censorship prevents the story going public.
  • June 18
    • Winston Churchill speaks to the House of Commons: "... the Battle of France is over. The Battle of Britain is about to begin."
    • General Charles de Gaulle broadcasts from London, calling on all French people to continue the fight against NaziGermany: "France has lost a battle. But France has not lost the war."
  • June 21 - WWII: Vichy France and Germany sign armistice at Compiegne in the same wagon-lit railroad car used by Marshal Ferdinand Foch to accept the surrender of Germany in 1918.
  • June 23 - WWII: German leader Adolf Hitler surveys newly defeated Paris in now occupied France.[1]
  • June 24
    • U.S. politics: Republican Party begins its national convention in Philadelphia and nominates Wendell Willkie as its candidate for president.
    • WWII: Vichy France signs armistice terms with Italy.
  • June 28 - General Charles DeGaulle is officially recognized by Britain as "Leader of all Free Frenchmen, wherever they may be."
  • June 30 - WWII: German forces land in Guernsey marking the start of the 5-year Occupation of the Channel Islands.

July
  • July 3 - WWII: British naval units sink or seize ships of the French fleet anchored in the Algerian ports of Oran and Mers-el-Kebir. The following day, Vichy France breaks off diplomatic relations with Britain.
  • July 7 - British musician Ringo Starr is born Richard Starkey in Liverpool, England.
  • July 10 - WWII: Vichy France begins with a constitutional law where only 80 members of the parliament voted against.
  • July 15 - U.S. politics: Democratic Party begins its national convention in Chicago and nominates Franklin D. Roosevelt for an unprecedented third term as president.
  • July 19 - WWII: Adolf Hitler makes peace appeal to Britain in an address to the Reichstag. Lord Halifax, British foreign minister, flatly rejects peace terms in a broadcast reply on July 22.
  • July 21 - Estonian SSR, Latvian SSR and Lithuanian SSR are proclaimed.
  • July 27 - A Wild Hare is released, introducing Bugs Bunny.

August
  • August 3 - Lithuanian SSR, Latvian SSR (August 5) and Estonian SSR (August 6) are incorporated into the Soviet Union.
  • August 4 - Gen. John J. Pershing, in a nationwide radio broadcast, urges all-out aid to Britain in order to defend the Americas, while Charles Lindbergh speaks to an isolationist rally at Soldier Field in Chicago.
  • August 8 - Wilhelm Keitel signs the "Aufbau Ost" directive.
  • August 20
    • Winston Churchill pays tribute in the House of Commons to the Royal Air Force: "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    • Leon Trotsky assassinated in Mexico by Ramón Mercader, a Soviet agent, with an ice axe.
  • August 26 - Chad is the first French colony to proclaim its support for the Allies.
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts

I would love to go back to the Mafia times. club-sandwich

Yeah that'd be pretty cool.

yab_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yab_007
September
  • September - U.S. Army 45th Infantry Division (previously a National Guard Division in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Oklahoma), activated and ordered into federal service for one year to engage in a training program in Ft. Sill and Louisiana prior to serving in World War II.
  • September 2 - WWII: Agreement between America and Great Britain announced. Fifty U.S. destroyers needed for escort work transferred to Great Britain. In return, America gains 99-year leases on British bases in the North Atlantic, West Indies and Bermuda.
  • September 7
    • Treaty of Craiova: Romania loses Southern Dobrudja to Bulgaria.
    • WWII: The Blitz - Nazi Germany begins to rain bombs on London. This will be the first of 57 consecutive nights of strategic bombing.
  • September 12
    • Lascaux, France - 17,000-year-old cave paintings are discovered by a group of young Frenchmen hiking through Southern France. The paintings depict animals and date to the Stone Age.
    • The Hercules Munitions Plant in Kenvil, New Jersey explodes, killing 55 people.
  • September 16 - WWII: Selective Training and Service Act of 1940 signed into law by Franklin D. Roosevelt, creating the first peacetime draft in U.S. history.
  • September 26 - WWII: U.S. imposes a total embargo on all shipments of scrap metal to Japan.
  • September 27 - WWII: Germany, Italy and Japan sign Tripartite Pact.

October
  • October 1 - Original section of the Pennsylvania Turnpike opens between Carlisle and Irwin.
  • October 9 - WWII: Battle of Britain - During a nighttime air raid by the GermanLuftwaffe, St. Paul's Cathedral is pierced by a bomb; musician John Lennon is born during an air-raid in Liverpool, England.
  • October 15 - First release of The Great Dictator, directed by Charlie Chaplin who is cast as fascist dictator Adenoid Hynkel, clearly modeled on FührerAdolf Hitler of Nazi Germany.
  • October 16 - WWII: Draft registration of approximately 16 million men begins in the United States.
  • October 23 - Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as Pele, the world's greatest footballer is born in Três Corações, Brazil.
  • October 24 - The 40-hour work week goes into effect in the U.S. under regulations of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
  • October 27 - 1939 New York World's Fair ends.
  • October 28 - WWII: Italy invades Greece.
  • October 29 - WWII: Selective Service System lottery held in Washington, D.C..
  • October 31 - WWII: Battle of Britain ends - The United Kingdom prevents Germany from invading Britain.

November
  • November 5 - U.S. presidential election, 1940: Democrat incumbent Franklin D. Roosevelt defeats Republican challenger Wendell Willkie and becomes the United States' first third-term president.
  • November 7 - In Washington, the middle section of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapses in a windstorm, a mere four months after the bridge's completion (it opened to traffic on July 1, 1940 as the third-longest suspension bridge in the world).
  • November 9 - Premiere of Joaquin Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez in Barcelona, Spain.
  • November 10 - Earthquake in Bucharest, Romania - 1,000 dead.
  • November 11 - WWII:
    • Battle of Taranto - The Royal Navy launches the first aircraft carrier strike in history, on the Italian fleet at Taranto.
    • The GermanHilfskreuzer (cruiser) Atlantis captures top secretBritish mail, and sends it to Japan.
    • Armistice Day Blizzard: An unexpected blizzard kills 144 in U.S. Midwest.
  • November 13 - Walt Disney's Fantasia is released. It is the first box office failure for Disney, though it will eventually recoup its cost years later, and become one of the most highly regarded of Disney's films.
  • November 14 - WWII: In England, the city of Coventry is destroyed by 500 GermanLuftwaffe bombers (150,000 fire bombs, 503 tons of high explosives, 130 parachute mines leveled 60,000 of the city's 75,000 buildings; 568 people were killed).
  • November 16
    • WWII: In response to Germany leveling Coventry two days before, the Royal Air Force begins to bomb Hamburg (by war's end, 50,000 Hamburg residents died from Allied attacks).
    • Unexploded pipe bomb found in Consolidated Edison office building. (Only years later is the culprit, George Metesky, apprehended.)
    • The Jamaica Association of Local Government Officers is founded.
  • November 18 - WWII: German leader Adolf Hitler and Italian Foreign Minister Galeazzo Ciano meet to discuss Benito Mussolini's disastrous invasion of Greece.
  • November 20 - WWII: Hungary, Romania and Slovakia join the Axis Powers.
  • November 27
    • In Romania, coup leader General Ion Antonescu's Iron Guard arrests and executes over 60 of exiled king Carol II of Romania's aides. Among the dead is former minister and acclaimed historian Nicolae Iorga.
    • WWII: Royal Navy and Regia Marina fight the Battle of Cape Spartivento.
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts
Oh yes, because everyone would love to live in an Era of World War. Of mass genocide, TV based on the traumatization of entire nations, books formulated from depression and paranoia. And then there's the 1960's, which had war, genocide, AND hippies, which doubles how much it sucks.
yab_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yab_007
December
  • December 8 - The Chicago Bears, in what will become the most one-sided victory in National Football League history, defeat the Washington Redskins 73-0 in the 1940 NFL Championship Game.
  • December 12 & December 15 - WWII: The "Sheffield Blitz". The City of Sheffield is badly damaged by German air-raids.
  • December 23 - Winston Churchill, in a broadcast address to the people of Italy, squarely blames Benito Mussolini for leading his nation to war against the British contrary to Italy's historic friendship with them.
  • December 26 - The film version of The Philadelphia Story, starring Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, James Stewart and Ruth Hussey, premieres at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
  • December 29
    • Franklin D. Roosevelt, in a fireside chat to the nation, declares that the United States must become, "... the great arsenal of democracy."
    • WWII: "Second Great Fire of London"; Luftwaffe carries out massive incendiary bombing raid starting 1500 fires. Many famous buildings, including the Guildhall and Trinity House, are either damaged or destroyed.
  • December 30 - California's first modern freeway, the future State Route 110, is opened to traffic in Pasadena, California, as the Arroyo Seco Parkway. It is now called the Pasadena Freeway.
yab_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yab_007
For what specific occasion?
kurama2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kurama2002
Member since 2005 • 1414 Posts
no because im black
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
No... not really.
itsme185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 itsme185
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
[QUOTE="Darth_Tyrev"]I'd go back to the 60's when LSD was legal, then go see a Doors concert... then Jimi Hendrix, then the Beatles, then the Rolling Stones, then Jefferson Airplane, then Bob Dylan. Yep... awesome.SmashBrosLegend
Dude. Nice taste in music. Needs more Skynyrd though.

Then touch it up with a little bit of metallica, iron maiden and black sabath :P
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I would like to go back to the 90s DOS Computers FTW
Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Yongying
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Id go back, only if i had the knowledge of today
change peoples minds n let them see it my way
call myself yongying the sage
im here for the future to be saved
ill kill hitler in the shade
make sure the A bomb was never made
and while im at it, i'll take a bunch of dictators in for slaves
and the White house suits that are overpaid
Kill off the arms trade, then let the hate fade

Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#46 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
Not really, I love my technology too much.
Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
I would go to 1982, see my dad walking down the street......then beat the living daylights out of him.
kurama2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kurama2002
Member since 2005 • 1414 Posts

I would go to 1982, see my dad walking down the street......then beat the living daylights out of him.Honenheim

why would you wanna do that?

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts

[QUOTE="Honenheim"]I would go to 1982, see my dad walking down the street......then beat the living daylights out of him.kurama2002

why would you wanna do that?

No reason, just a thought.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Not really. I like the present day as it is, with all its flaws.