Anyone else think Fox News is...

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="RazerBlade13"]Yeah. It's nice to know while our economy is tanking and jobs are dropping like flies,our presidentcan campaign when he still has two years in his term.scorch-62
Better than Bush talking about whether or not he spanked his kids.

The interview was in 2004, when his approval was still relatively high, and the economy was still in in the boom part of the business cycle. The President being asked about Snooki and Mel Gibson is pathetic, particularly when so little good has come from his administration. No "counter-point" about Bush will dispute this.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
The interview was in 2004, when his approval was still relatively high, and the economy was still in in the boom part of the business cycle.Rhazakna
That suddenly makes it less embarrassing?
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]The interview was in 2004, when his approval was still relatively high, and the economy was still in in the boom part of the business cycle.scorch-62

Why not? His presidency at the time was going much smoother than Obama's is now, and the problems in the economy hadn't yet manifested. Not to mention 2004 was an election year, and he campaigned on family values, which is what the interview focused on. I don't see how anyone can say that a President being asked about family values (a cornerstone of his campaign) is more embarrassing than the President being asked about characters on Jersey Shore, or Mel Gibson's rant.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

people

Good God. Can we just conclude that all news stations have some bias in them? Even if Fox News is VERY biased, so what? If you don't like it, don't watch it then.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
fox is the only right leaning news channel, CNN is the most moderate but still has left leanings. all other channels are as left as fox is right or more so. if i got my news from the telly it would be from them and CNN, i sure as heck would not take anything MSNBC said as truth let alone informational
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
yea, Fox news is a joke. I go to school in a rural town and whenever I would go to a fast food place to eat, they would ALWAYS have Fox News on to eat. My room mate and I would just sit there and laugh for a half an hour. I watch CNN, If I want the world news. Its better than MSNBC which tends to be liberal, but sometimes they dont report news thats that important.
warownslife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 warownslife
Member since 2010 • 5289 Posts

Yup. I only watch two news shows and they have never proved me wrong.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
MSNBC is the UNN from starcraft2 i wonder how many will get it.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Im pretty sure the other news stations has their flaws....>_> I just hate Fox News cause of the Mass effect video game incident.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

Dear sweet Jesus it's another one!!! :roll:

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
Fox News is just as BS as every other major media outlet, including CNN and MSNBC. Some of the comentators on Fox are completely rubish though. Skits have no place in the news.
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

All news stations display these traits, it's just that Fox News is the most obvious since it's the black sheep station with its right wing views. If it was more liberal, it would just blend in with the rest of the crap out there. I, for one, commend them for staying strong in their stance, instead of just conforming to the left wing standards our media outlets have established.

Rckstrchik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Rckstrchik
Member since 2010 • 1271 Posts

Making fun of FOX news makes you cool.

ImaPirate0202
^ This..... . . . TC, there are "I hate fox" threads on here all the time dude.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"]The interview was in 2004, when his approval was still relatively high, and the economy was still in in the boom part of the business cycle.Rhazakna

Why not? His presidency at the time was going much smoother than Obama's is now, and the problems in the economy hadn't yet manifested. Not to mention 2004 was an election year, and he campaigned on family values, which is what the interview focused on. I don't see how anyone can say that a President being asked about family values (a cornerstone of his campaign) is more embarrassing than the President being asked about characters on Jersey Shore, or Mel Gibson's rant.

Interesting that you choose to focus on two of the many things he was asked, much of which were actually hardball questions.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Fox news is republican (NOT conservative) biased, while every other network in existence is liberal biased. The thing is, if you watch fox news and you are a liberal, then you will catch those things but if you are a republican (NOT conservative) you will not notice those things. If you are a republican or conservative watching any other network then you will notice the EXACT same things happening. I can't tell you how many times i have watched Fox News and CNN and MSNBC and the nightly news (NBC, CBS, etc...) and noticed extremely biased and one sided stories. They really aren't that different.

"We think it is right to control your life in thisway."

"Well, we think it is right to control your life in this otherway."

I wish there was a network that catered to my political agenda :cry:Right now the Internet is the only way for me to get news that is biased in my own way but soon the government will have the power to regulate it.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

fox is the only right leaning news channel, CNN is the most moderate but still has left leanings. all other channels are as left as fox is right or more so. if i got my news from the telly it would be from them and CNN, i sure as heck would not take anything MSNBC said as truth let alone informational surrealnumber5

The News Hour is the best TV news. And Fox is definitely worse than MSNBC...

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 scorch-62
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"]The interview was in 2004, when his approval was still relatively high, and the economy was still in in the boom part of the business cycle.Rhazakna

Are you aware that he was asked several serious questions, as well?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#68 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]fox is the only right leaning news channel, CNN is the most moderate but still has left leanings. all other channels are as left as fox is right or more so. if i got my news from the telly it would be from them and CNN, i sure as heck would not take anything MSNBC said as truth let alone informational chessmaster1989

I don't know, MSNBC is pretty bad. Their "news" and coverage is terrible and they aren't a major network. They have to settle for very bad commentators and the rejects of NBC.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]fox is the only right leaning news channel, CNN is the most moderate but still has left leanings. all other channels are as left as fox is right or more so. if i got my news from the telly it would be from them and CNN, i sure as heck would not take anything MSNBC said as truth let alone informational sonicare

I don't know, MSNBC is pretty bad. Their "news" and coverage is terrible and they aren't a major network. They have to settle for very bad commentators and the rejects of NBC.

I mean, to be fair, the bolded applies to Fox as well.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
They lead the way, and now most of the mainstream media tries to be total BS just to copy them. NPR FTW!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#71 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

LOL at Fox News...

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Nope. i like them. there my comedy show.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

No, I don't. The only ones who do appear to be Liberals. :|

IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

*pumps shotgun* We dun like yer kind 'round here. :xscorch-62

This combined with people defending Fox because "the other news sources aren't any better" made me lol.

IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

Snipes_2

lol if you think educated conservatives turn to Fox news for actual information.

sboyer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sboyer2
Member since 2010 • 941 Posts
I 3> fox news
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="scorch-62"] That suddenly makes it less embarrassing?scorch-62

Interesting that you choose to focus on two of the many things he was asked, much of which were actually hardball questions.

Yeah, that Elizabeth Hassleback girl is a real intellectual dynamo. Obama had his hands full with her /sarcasm. If you thought those were hardball questions, I weep for the species.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

All news stations display these traits, it's just that Fox News is the most obvious since it's the black sheep station with its right wing views. If it was more liberal, it would just blend in with the rest of the crap out there. I, for one, commend them for staying strong in their stance, instead of just conforming to the left wing standards our media outlets have established.

jubino

No I think it goes far beyond that.. The whole Acorn thing and the attack on the agriculture lady were clear evidence of this..

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="scorch-62"] That suddenly makes it less embarrassing?

Are you aware that he was asked several serious questions, as well?

No, not really. Politicians almost never get asked truly "serious questions". It's pretty much always something that can be answered by talking points and rhetoric, and neither Bush on Dr. Phil nor Obama on The View are an exception to this rule. The question is which is worse? #1-A President with relatively high approval ratings, a lot of faith in his wars and economic "initiatives" in an election year going on a stupid show to talk himself up. #2-A President with increasingly sagging approval ratings, a decreasing amount of faith in the wars and economic "initiatives" that are underway, in a midterm election year going on a stupid show and talking himself up.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 scorch-62
[QUOTE="scorch-62"]Are you aware that he was asked several serious questions, as well?Rhazakna
No, not really.

Then I suggest you stop quoting Fox News and form your own opinions.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="scorch-62"]Are you aware that he was asked several serious questions, as well?scorch-62
No, not really.

:lol: I never watch Fox New or any other cable news network, except maybe occasional youtube clips for entertainment's sake. Ridiculous assumptions FTL. I really have no idea why you would even say that, considering I specifically said politicians almost never get asked questions that can't be waved away by rhetoric. Obama is not unique, and I very purposely wasn't talking just about him. Your post makes me think you read the first three words of my post, then decided to respond, cutting everything else out.

My political views would be about as welcome at Fox News as Malik Shabaaz at a KKK rally. The fact you would assume I get my information from Fox tells me you aren't interested in rational discourse, and just want to label and dismiss people who disagree with you.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 scorch-62
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"] No, not really.

:lol: I never watch Fox New or any other cable news network, except maybe occasional youtube clips for entertainment's sake. Ridiculous assumptions FTL. I really have no idea why you would even say that, considering I specifically said politicians almost never get asked questions that can't be waved away by rhetoric. Obama is not unique, and I very purposely wasn't talking just about him. Your post makes me think you read the first three words of my post, then decided to respond, cutting everything else out. My political views would be about as welcome at Fox News as Malik Shabaaz at a KKK rally. The fact you would assume I get my information from Fox tells me you aren't interested in rational discourse, and just want to label and dismiss people who disagree with you.

Your constant assertions that Obama wasn't asked any serious questions say otherwise.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

I think Fox needs to hire Dan Rather, Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Rick Sanchez, George Stephanopoulos, and Wolf Blitzer to help them design a more unbiased news cast, since the other networks are such experts at delievering unbiased fair news.

GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

No, I actually love Fox News. I don't trust any other news source.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

IzzieWaru

lol if you think educated conservatives turn to Fox news for actual information.

I don't even know how to respond to that. Where do "Educated" conservatives go for News, since I, and most of my Family are uneducated.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="scorch-62"] Then I suggest you stop quoting Fox News and form your own opinions.

:lol: I never watch Fox New or any other cable news network, except maybe occasional youtube clips for entertainment's sake. Ridiculous assumptions FTL. I really have no idea why you would even say that, considering I specifically said politicians almost never get asked questions that can't be waved away by rhetoric. Obama is not unique, and I very purposely wasn't talking just about him. Your post makes me think you read the first three words of my post, then decided to respond, cutting everything else out. My political views would be about as welcome at Fox News as Malik Shabaaz at a KKK rally. The fact you would assume I get my information from Fox tells me you aren't interested in rational discourse, and just want to label and dismiss people who disagree with you.

Your constant assertions that Obama wasn't asked any serious questions say otherwise.

It isn't about Obama! Good lord, can you read at all? It's all politicians. The questions they're asked may be considered serious by the askers, but in reality they're almost always questions that can be waved away by going over talking points. The entire Presidential debate system is set up so two candidates simply exchange rhetoric. There is no real exchange of ideas or any delving into philosophy in politics. Clarifying ideas and having a consistent political philosophy is detrimental to political aspirations. This is the third ****ing time I've had to explain this to you, I will not explain it again. If you can't understand what I'm saying now, then you're just hopeless.

Also, even if I was saying that Obama wasn't asked any serious questions, that says nothing about whether or not I watch Fox News. I don't watch the channel. I don't get any of my information, or any of my ideas from said channel or anyone who works on said channel. Are you actually trying to tell me what I watch? I know what I watch, and I have no interest in corporatist news conglomerates, aside from the modicum of entertainment value they can offer. I see this often, you don't want to understand my political philosophy, so instead you file what I think under a nice, simple label you can dismiss. I am not a republican, I am certainly not a conservative or a tea-party protester. I do not agree with the views Fox News propagates. They are corporatists, capitalists, religious fundamentalists, traditionalists, nationalists and they're pro-war. I oppose all of those aforementioned things. In fact, I can barely think of one specific thing said on Fox News that I agree with.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 scorch-62
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"] :lol: I never watch Fox New or any other cable news network, except maybe occasional youtube clips for entertainment's sake. Ridiculous assumptions FTL. I really have no idea why you would even say that, considering I specifically said politicians almost never get asked questions that can't be waved away by rhetoric. Obama is not unique, and I very purposely wasn't talking just about him. Your post makes me think you read the first three words of my post, then decided to respond, cutting everything else out. My political views would be about as welcome at Fox News as Malik Shabaaz at a KKK rally. The fact you would assume I get my information from Fox tells me you aren't interested in rational discourse, and just want to label and dismiss people who disagree with you.

It isn't about Obama! Good lord, can you read at all? It's all politicians. The questions they're asked may be considered serious by the askers, but in reality they're almost always questions that can be waved away by going over talking points. The entire Presidential debate system is set up so two candidates simply exchange rhetoric. There is no real exchange of ideas or any delving into philosophy in politics. Clarifying ideas and having a consistent political philosophy is detrimental to political aspirations. This is the third ****ing time I've had to explain this to you, I will not explain it again. If you can't understand what I'm saying now, then you're just hopeless.

Also, even if I was saying that Obama wasn't asked any serious questions, that says nothing about whether or not I watch Fox News. I don't watch the channel. I don't get any of my information, or any of my ideas from said channel or anyone who works on said channel. Are you actually trying to tell me what I watch? I know what I watch, and I have no interest in corporatist news conglomerates, aside from the modicum of entertainment value they can offer. I see this often, you don't want to understand my political philosophy, so instead you file what I think under a nice, simple label you can dismiss. I am not a republican, I am certainly not a conservative or a tea-party protester. I do not agree with the views Fox News propagates. They are corporatists, capitalists, religious fundamentalists, traditionalists, nationalists and they're pro-war. I oppose all of those aforementioned things. In fact, I can barely think of one specific thing said on Fox News that I agree with.

Yes, I can. Can you? The original discussion THAT YOU JUMPED INTO was about Obama being on The View.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

total BS? The fabrications and bad editing is so easy to catch its hilarouis.When its covering politics anyway.

WolfGrey

I'm sure glad that this doesn't happen on any other network.

Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#89 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts
I like NBC better haha
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="scorch-62"] Your constant assertions that Obama wasn't asked any serious questions say otherwise.

Yes, I can. Can you? The original discussion THAT YOU JUMPED INTO was about Obama being on The View.

Yeah, I know. What does that have to do with what I said? The View interview was just like all these other interviews with politicians, lots of rhetoric, no real ideas. This is not unique to Obama. Bush's interview on Dr. Phil also had rhetoric in place of ideas. My point was that at the very least, Bush was campaigning for re-election, he had relatively high approval ratings and (at the time) people liked his foreign and economic policies. Obama on the other hand is losing the ground he gained with his election, and he goes on a stupid TV show when people are losing hope in his ideas. All I was saying is that Bush's interview with Dr. Phil came at a much better time for him, as it didn't appear to be so politically frivolous. This is not to say that Bush didn't have equally ridiculous interviews, just that the particular one you cited wasn't the equivalent of Obama on The View. I'm glad you stopped with the ridiculous notion that I get my information from Fox. Anyone remotely familiar with what my sig or avatar means would know how absurd that is.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

total BS? The fabrications and bad editing is so easy to catch its hilarouis.When its covering politics anyway.

QuistisTrepe_

And this somehow vindicates Fox News from being the News equivalent of a cesspool how? Even IF other news outlets spewed as much garbage as FOX it somehow wouldn't validate it as a "fair and balanced" news source.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="scorch62"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"] Why not? His presidency at the time was going much smoother than Obama's is now, and the problems in the economy hadn't yet manifested. Not to mention 2004 was an election year, and he campaigned on family values, which is what the interview focused on. I don't see how anyone can say that a President being asked about family values (a cornerstone of his campaign) is more embarrassing than the President being asked about characters on Jersey Shore, or Mel Gibson's rant. Rhazakna

Yeah, that Elizabeth Hassleback girl is a real intellectual dynamo. Obama had his hands full with her /sarcasm. If you thought those were hardball questions, I weep for the species.

What were you expecting, an inquisition? Did you want them to nail him to a wall and throw tomatoes at him? Maybe call him a poopy head while they're at it? The interview still had considerably more substance than smalltalk about snookie or racist actors. You're obviously just trying to paint a picture that conforms to the way you feel based on all your responses. You keep saying your comments have nothing to do with Obama in particular, yet keep going back to how you hate the job he's doing.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

HoolaHoopMan

And this somehow vindicates Fox News from being the News equivalent of a cesspool how? Even IF other news outlets spewed as much garbage as FOX it somehow wouldn't validate it as a "fair and balanced" news source.

I just think threads like these are a joke. Criticizing FOX News as though no other network has a speck of credibility issues is the height of absurdity. Fox has its own issues, but never have I seen a network pull anything as nefarious as the Dan Rather's Bush National Guard Documents, which was literally made up. Or how about CNN's reporting of a terrorist attack on 9/11 which turned out to be a routine training exercise by the coast guard?

Fox is a far more balanced network than any mainstream news organization I've seen in many years.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] And this somehow vindicates Fox News from being the News equivalent of a cesspool how? Even IF other news outlets spewed as much garbage as FOX it somehow wouldn't validate it as a "fair and balanced" news source. SEANMCAD

I just think threads like these are a joke. Criticizing FOX News as though no other network has a speck of credibility issues is the height of absurdity. Fox has its own issues, but never have I seen a network pull anything as nefarious as the Dan Rather's Bush National Guard Documents, which was literally made up. Or how about CNN's reporting of a terrorist attack on 9/11 which turned out to be a routine training exercise by the coast guard?

Fox is a far more balanced network than any mainstream news organization I've seen in many years.

I agree except for the last part. I think Fox news is the absolute worst out of several mainstream news organizations that are terrible.

Its ironical becuase before the iraq war I was extreemly confident that Iraq had no WMD's becuase of my sources for information, turns out I was right.

Oh, I haven't forgotten FOX's coverage of the early stages of the Iraq War. I especially recall how they tried to make Jessica Lynch into Joan of Arc. What works in FOX favor is how they report on stories which are completely ignored by the mainstream news channels. The most recent example was the New Black Panther story and the issues with the DOJ. Only FOX had been reporting it.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#97 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
Fox News is just one of many BS spewing news networks. Fox is just singled out because its a right leaning network in a left leaning American Media.
Darkainious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Darkainious
Member since 2009 • 558 Posts

I trust fox news much more than I trust any other news station. That being said, I don't watch it that much and usually just check drudgereport.com for my news.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

I trust fox news much more than I trust any other news station. That being said, I don't watch it that much and usually just check drudgereport.com for my news.

Darkainious
GAH! *shudder*