Anyone a fan of DBZ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

e_stone001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 e_stone001
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts

I love the series and I still watch it today. I just wish there was a DB:AF series instead of fan made since it's one of my favorite anime shows.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
I never watched much of it. Watched some as a kid but even now that I've gotten really into anime I haven't gone and watched it. Heard (and from what I've seen) it's pretty mediocre.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Love the series, probably my favorite anime. Cept for GT...some parts weren't bad, but as a whole it sucked.

British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 British_Azimio
Member since 2007 • 2459 Posts
I used to be obsessed with it when I was a kid.
e_stone001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 e_stone001

Love the series, probably my favorite anime. Cept for GT...some parts weren't bad, but as a whole it sucked.

Legendaryscmt
Agreed. GT was also very short and never had any good battles that were epic imo.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
It's great.
I never watched much of it. Watched some as a kid but even now that I've gotten really into anime I haven't gone and watched it. Heard (and from what I've seen) it's pretty mediocre.chessmaster1989
The story has some big problems, but the fight scenes Freezer-back are second to none.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
[QUOTE="e_stone001"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Agreed. GT was also very short and never had any good battles that were epic imo.

The only good thing was Super Saiyan 4 and Super Gogeta and that's it Dragon Ball Kai looks good, a lot better than the previous anime, I also read in a thread in here that Akira Toriyama was going to make a new Dragon Ball Series right after Z and before GT, looking forward to it
suz437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 suz437
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

love it, still watch it everyday

Avatar image for PsychoRedFox666
PsychoRedFox666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PsychoRedFox666
Member since 2007 • 2081 Posts

I can only take so much of it at time.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Anyone who grew up in the 90's has to like DBZ!

3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 3riForce
Member since 2004 • 2293 Posts
DBZ was my childhood
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

DBZ was my childhood3riForce

Same here, I loved the Radditz saga when I was a kid and I still watch the show sometimes today

WGTC007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 WGTC007
Member since 2007 • 6522 Posts

It's still is one of my favorites, next to Gundam Wing. Thank you Toonami.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

I used to be obsessed with it when I was a kid.British_Azimio

this.

i still like the show but havent watched it in years, ive been meaning to though:P

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts

Yep i watch it.I loved the show as a kid and i recently started back looking at it and im falling in love with the show all over again :) I started at episode 1 and im currently at episode....72 i think O_o

xXRukasuXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xXRukasuXx
Member since 2010 • 1647 Posts
Yes, DBZ is one of my favorite animes.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I remember it fondly. Nothing beats the nostalgia of rushing home after school to watch it on Toonami. Now in days, I don't think it aged as well, but I still watch it sometimes.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I remember me and my friends would get off school and hurry to catch DBZ I was like 16 when it first cam out in US.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

Sure, I love DBZ, it's great!:D

Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts
The best anime ever created. All animes created since it are inspired by it.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I remember it fondly. Nothing beats the nostalgia of rushing home after school to watch it on Toonami. Now in days, I don't think it aged as well, but I still watch it sometimes.

Lionheart08
Well it was already like 7 or 8 years old when it finally reached america so really it was dated on release.
e_stone001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 e_stone001
[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"][QUOTE="e_stone001"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

The only good thing was Super Saiyan 4 and Super Gogeta and that's it Dragon Ball Kai looks good, a lot better than the previous anime, I also read in a thread in here that Akira Toriyama was going to make a new Dragon Ball Series right after Z and before GT, looking forward to it

I hope that's true, but I also heard a rumor that the new DB series is gonna be in comics instead of television. Let's hope for the best.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
best anime...ever.
Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

I personally hate GT, if they ever make a new Dragon Ball series, I would either want it to be before Goku was born and had to deal with the first "Super Saiyan" - they reference to this often during the Freezer saga. Or I would want it after DragonBall Z and gave it a 1000 years into the future, where the saiyan race is barely left. (they'll be something like 15% saiyan or some nonsense :P).

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
ive seen all eps
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

I've never watched the series but I played the Legacy of Goku games on gba so I think I have a pretty thorough understanding and knowledge of the series, enough to rival most people on here.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I used to like it, but I never did finish it. I gave up on Cell's 4th transformation.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

The whole Dragon Ball series ( Dragon Ball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball: GT ) defined my life ages 3-14.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I really like it. I spent last semester watching all the episodes. I definitely recommend it.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
Hell yeah I grew up watching Dragonball Z.
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Toonami was my effin' bible when I was a kid, and DBZ my John 3:16 if you will.

Loooking back at it today, the only real part of DBZ I loved was the Cell Saga.

Konekomaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Konekomaru
Member since 2011 • 343 Posts

I watched it a lot when I was a kid. I was a huge Yamcha fan back in the day.

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
I used to be obsessed with it when I was a kid.British_Azimio
Same here.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

I LOVED dragonball, LIKED dbz my problem with the series after the friza saga for instance is that those characters that you loved in the original series were weak and irrelevant after the friza saga. The writers could have easily done something to make them strong but they made them weak...

And gt does not exist nor does the pam character..

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ThePerro

I LOVED dragonball, LIKED dbz my problem with the series after the friza saga for instance is that those characters that you loved in the original series were weak and irrelevant after the friza saga. The writers could have easily done something to make them strong but they made them weak..

fueled-system

Uhh... In the cell saga, Gohan defeated Cell. The problem with DBZ was that Goku always beat everybody leaving the rest of the characters really as filler. I mean they didn't do much. The reason I like the Cell Saga so much is because Gohan's hidden power or whatever was released and he beat Cell, but the writer's had to make Goku responsible for his defeat somehow and added in that Goku spiritually helped Gohan with that Kamehameha wave that ended up killing Cell. After the Cell saga, Gohan was never useful again, nor any other character besides Goku.

Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

I LOVED dragonball, LIKED dbz my problem with the series after the friza saga for instance is that those characters that you loved in the original series were weak and irrelevant after the friza saga. The writers could have easily done something to make them strong but they made them weak..

ThePerro

Uhh... In the cell saga, Gohan defeated Cell. The problem with DBZ was that Goku always beat everybody leaving the rest of the characters really as filler. I mean they didn't do much. The reason I like the Cell Saga so much is because Gohan's hidden power or whatever was released and he beat Cell, but the writer's had to make Goku responsible for his defeat somehow and added in that Goku spiritually helped Gohan with that Kamehameha wave that ended up killing Cell. After the Cell saga, Gohan was never useful again, nor any other character besides Goku.

Not only did I like the cell saga becaue Gohan beat Cell, but I also loved how during the whole DBZ series they forshadowed Gohan's hidden power. I think the Cell saga should of been the last saga (which is it was suppose to be). It just felt right, Goku dead, Gohan now the strongest and was still alive to protect them all.

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts

[QUOTE="ThePerro"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

Jamiemydearx3

Not only did I like the cell saga becaue Gohan beat Cell, but I also loved how during the whole DBZ series they forshadowed Gohan's hidden power. I think the Cell saga should of been the last saga (which is it was suppose to be). It just felt right, Goku dead, Gohan now the strongest and was still alive to protect them all.

It was suppose to end at the Frieza saga too. Goku was going to kill Frieza, and then die when Namek exploded. Toriyama was pressured to continue the series, then he tried ending it again on Cell. Then finally on Buu he went "Ok that's enough."
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ThePerro

[QUOTE="ThePerro"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

Jamiemydearx3

I agree, it should've ended at the Cell saga because a lot of stuff up to that alluded to Gohan's hidden power, and when the cell saga ended, he pretty much knew how to control it. I mean Goten and kid trunks were useless, even though they fused and became SSJ3.

jimy1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 jimy1475
Member since 2008 • 1228 Posts

was good at the time, i was hocked on it watching it everyday

dragonballz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dragonballz4
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

See my username i love dbz dragonball is ok gt is medicore But nothing beats the look on frieza's face when Goku became super saiyan like O_O.I dnt consider DB:AF to be original but dbz is awesome

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
That's my child hood. Best cartoon ever made. I watched everything including GT and the movies. :P Enjoyed every bit!
ANlMOSITY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ANlMOSITY
Member since 2010 • 701 Posts

I love DBZ! My favorite characters are Broly, Vegeta, and Kid Buu

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I enjoyed it back then but now I find it overrated. Dragon Ball is better also.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Love it. Haven't seen it for a while though.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
What I hated was, and maybe this was just in Canada, they played an episode per day and I followed the series. About 30 episodes in, the series would restart from episode 1 so I'd have to friggin' wait over a month to where it restarted. It did that a few times and seemed to never actually play the whole series though... so I gave up.
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

What I hated was, and maybe this was just in Canada, they played an episode per day and I followed the series. About 30 episodes in, the series would restart from episode 1 so I'd have to friggin' wait over a month to where it restarted. It did that a few times and seemed to never actually play the whole series though... so I gave up.flipin_jackass
I know what your talking about! They did that bak when Cartoon network still played toonami in the states. Thats the problem with alot of anime though, filler and stuff so the manga could keep up.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I've just watched an episode of Dragon Ball actually. It's awesome.