Any scary things happen to you recently?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

An hour or so ago I was coming home from the post office to drop off an envelope for my mom. It was snowy and quite a whiteout; visibility was piss poor, probably ranging from 20-40 feet. I saw a stop light up ahead that was red and there was a car in front of me. I started breaking, but my breaks started vibrating (ABS breaks) and my car skidded for probably 15-25 feet; as I got closer to the car in front, I swerved to the right towards the curb to avoid hitting the car and stopped a few feet before contacting the bumper. It looks like I would have avoided hitting even if I didn't swerve.

As I was driving up to a next light, my douchebag breaks started ABSing (PMSing would be a better descriptor) again and I skidded a few feet into the intersection (light was red), so I backed up just a bit and was okay for the time being.

At the next light, I knew that was my street to turn on, so I signaled for the turn. As I was halfway through the turn, my breaks thought it would be funny to lock up and vibrate so I couldn't complete the turn and instead skid toward the fucking sign on the boulevard. I turned my wheel all the way to the right but I was still going towards the sign. As I thought I was about to hit it, my car turned to the right at the last moment and avoided hitting the sign. It's as if Jesus took the wheel. :P

Two crises avoided in one day; I'd say that's pretty good.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gamerguru100

Why does GameSpot put my deleted image in the post? O_O

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I can't recall anything recently that I would call scary in the "horror movie" sense or the "intense" sense.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

dude, don't think of it as an accident. it was a setup.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Last month. The road conditions were particularly bad with the snow on the road. While attempting to drive to the campus, my car started sliding and yawing either to the left or to the right on a two-lane road. After nearly sliding off the road three times, I decided to tuck tail and call it a day. I turned around and headed back home. The temperatures were near 0 degrees F. But, I was sweating. So, yeah. I guess I was scared.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#7 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I woke up and was still breathing.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

yes actually , on a snowy day i was driving to family dollar i slow down to get to the drive way now instead of stopping my car did a skid and i corrected it but instead of actually getting in the driveway of the parking lot my car pointed bac where i was originally going forcing me to pull out of the drive way and do a turn around/u turn and go at it again , , was a lucky save nothing was around though so , not really a big deal if i totally wiped out because it wasnt a bust highway , i would have just ended up in the other direction having to do a similar u turn lol thats besides a accident i had 2 yrs back in which my axel broke and my other car flipped 5 times, that are two of the most scariest things to happen to me behind the wheel and hope to never expeirence that again

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I was really hoping that that was going to be a ghost story or something paranormal.

Needless to say, I don't have any scary/creepy stories. Shame.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

A couple weeks ago, driving from my house to my boyfriend's in whiteout blowing snow on the highway. I couldn't see the lanes, or the side of the road. I was so scared, and people kept passing me doing the regular speed limit and blowing more powdery snow at me.

And a few months ago I was walking downtown from my job to the library to grab a book, and a car made a left while I was crossing (on my light) and almost hit me. They stopped like 3 feet from me. Then, still kinda shaken up, I almost got hit by a truck a few meters away that was driving out of an alley quickly.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I went to work

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

An hour or so ago I was coming home from the post office to drop off an envelope for my mom. It was snowy and quite a whiteout; visibility was piss poor, probably ranging from 20-40 feet. I saw a stop light up ahead that was red and there was a car in front of me. I started breaking, but my breaks started vibrating (ABS breaks) and my car skidded for probably 15-25 feet; as I got closer to the car in front, I swerved to the right towards the curb to avoid hitting the car and stopped a few feet before contacting the bumper. It looks like I would have avoided hitting even if I didn't swerve.

As I was driving up to a next light, my douchebag breaks started ABSing (PMSing would be a better descriptor) again and I skidded a few feet into the intersection (light was red), so I backed up just a bit and was okay for the time being.

No Caption Provided

At the next light, I knew that was my street to turn on, so I signaled for the turn. As I was halfway through the turn, my breaks thought it would be funny to lock up and vibrate so I couldn't complete the turn and instead skid toward the fucking sign on the boulevard. I turned my wheel all the way to the right but I was still going towards the sign. As I thought I was about to hit it, my car turned to the right at the last moment and avoided hitting the sign. It's as if Jesus took the wheel. :P

abs is bad for snow

that wasn't really scary

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Effing out of my seat watching "The Grove" a 14th episode from The Walking Dead season 4

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@VaguelyTagged: lol

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

This is why I never want to drive :/

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Last night, I was making a blood sacrifice to Lord Belial and while I was smearing sheep's blood all over my body, I started hearing weird voices in my house.

I stopped what I was doing and went downstairs and found my wife walking around on all fours with blood dripping out of her eye sockets.

Walking past her and into the kitchen, I found my cat laying in the sink trying to chew her own leg off.

Pretty weird shit.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerguru100

@evildead6789 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

abs is bad for snow

that wasn't really scary

Well, it was scary for me. When your damn breaks aren't breaking and you're headed for the bumper of a stationary car, that's gonna be pretty scary.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

abs is bad for snow

that wasn't really scary

Well, it was scary for me. When your damn breaks aren't breaking and you're headed for the bumper of a stationary car, that's gonna be pretty scary.

only car damage

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamerguru100

@evildead6789 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

abs is bad for snow

that wasn't really scary

only car damage

Exactly. And I'm a 21 year old college student. I'm not exactly swimming in cash here.