• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

No offense to any Naruto fans out there, but I've been watching this Marathon for a while now...and it's not plain annoying. Good action...for the actual action that's therefor five seconds When someone is going to die, near death, or has a remote chance of dying, there succeeds a 30-minute flashback that consumes the entire episode.

In real anime like Ghost in the Shell, when someone dies, they die. No 30-minute flashback of his or her training, no LIFE STORY, that's it. You're dead. There we go.

I also find it annoying when someone uses some complex tactic and then explains it to the enemy after he did it Why? Do the writers put it in there for the people who couldn't comprehend what just happened? Gah...this is just annoying to me. They talk way too damn much in shows like Naruto...not nearly enough action.

Avatar image for CompleteUnknown
CompleteUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CompleteUnknown
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
Yeah, Naruto is really overrated.
TongHua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TongHua
Member since 2007 • 2929 Posts
That's why you watch Hellsing.
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
Alot of anime is annoying... Lucky Star seems quite annoying... although I've never seen more than the intro. I think the bright colours and things make it addictive... maybe I'm wrong though.
cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
the series is god-like compared to shippuuden. oh god the gayness still haunts me
TongHua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TongHua
Member since 2007 • 2929 Posts

Alot of anime is annoying... Lucky Star seems quite annoying... although I've never seen more than the intro. I think the bright colours and things make it addictive... maybe I'm wrong though.Samwel_X

Haruhi Suzumiya is better but it's still a cool show.

muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts

the series is god-like compared to shippuuden. oh god the gayness still haunts mecell1138

lol I love your sig... thats hilarious.....

AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8 AquaMantor
Member since 2004 • 7571 Posts

That's why you watch Hellsing.TongHua

Hellsing has terrible pacing. It's even worse than Naruto in that regard, I've never seen an anime with so many pointless scenes just to drag out the episode.:|

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Skullheart

Alot of anime is annoying... Lucky Star seems quite annoying... although I've never seen more than the intro. I think the bright colours and things make it addictive... maybe I'm wrong though.Samwel_X

lol, I'm almost done with Lucky Star. Dunno why, I just keep watching it. However, anime that involves violence and action, NEEDS VIOLENCE AND ACTION. Not pure dialog.

Slepanandiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Slepanandiaz
Member since 2006 • 1269 Posts
Elfen Lied. Not really the anime is annoying, but the people who praise it asGod's gift are. Seriously, it's not that good.
AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AquaMantor

Elfen Lied. Not really the anime is annoying, but the people who praise it asGod's gift are. Seriously, it's not that good.Slepanandiaz

They like it because it combines nudity and violence with an intelligent, yet extremely pessimistic message. It has OT written all over it.

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skullheart

Elfen Lied. Not really the anime is annoying, but the people who praise it asGod's gift are. Seriously, it's not that good.Slepanandiaz

If it's God's gift to us, then it's a pretty messed up gift if I may say so.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AquaMantor

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

Sonick54

Nope, no one can. That's because it's your opinion.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

AquaMantor

Actually no it's fact :)

Slepanandiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Slepanandiaz

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

Sonick54
I agree. No one can beat Naruto. Not Elfen Lied, not Full Metal Panic (whatever that is), or anything else.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

Slepanandiaz

I agree. No one can beat Naruto. Not Elfen Lied, not Full Metal Panic (whatever that is), or anything else.

Amen brotha

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
All anime annoys me. It's an emo RPG in cartoon form. Seriously, just look at everyone's hair. Everyones doing quests and being all emotional. It's just completely disgusting. Hardcore anime fans make it worse because a lot of them lack personality in public. Hilarious as they take Inuyasha and all these other animes seriously. I still think it's one big joke. Sort of like Transformers. And it especially annoys me when it's on Adult Swim.
Slepanandiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Slepanandiaz
All anime annoys me. It's an emo RPG in cartoon form. Seriously, just look at everyone's hair. Everyones doing quests and being all emotional. It's just completely disgsuting. Hardcore anime fans make it worse because a lot of them lack personality in public. Hilarious as they take Inuyasha and all these other animes seriously. I still think it's one big joke. Sort of like Transformers. GodLovesDead
Naruto is completely different than what you just said.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="AquaMantor"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

Sonick54

Actually no it's fact :)

You seem to have mixed up Naruto with Evangelion in that case.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GodLovesDead

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]All anime annoys me. It's an emo RPG in cartoon form. Seriously, just look at everyone's hair. Everyones doing quests and being all emotional. It's just completely disgsuting. Hardcore anime fans make it worse because a lot of them lack personality in public. Hilarious as they take Inuyasha and all these other animes seriously. I still think it's one big joke. Sort of like Transformers. Slepanandiaz
Naruto is completely different than what you just said.

It was on the TV this morning. Some stupid-looking anime kid with short hair turned into bugs and attacked this dude that looks evil because he shares that "maniac" look that all villains seem to have on that show.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sonick54

Do you even know what emo means :|?

Seriously, people toss it around so much it's loss all meaning

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

All anime annoys me. It's an emo RPG in cartoon form. Seriously, just look at everyone's hair. Everyones doing quests and being all emotional. It's just completely disgusting. Hardcore anime fans make it worse because a lot of them lack personality in public. Hilarious as they take Inuyasha and all these other animes seriously. I still think it's one big joke. Sort of like Transformers. And it especially annoys me when it's on Adult Swim.
GodLovesDead

Your sig is awesome, but I disagree.

AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AquaMantor
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

Slepanandiaz

:):|:(:cry::evil::twisted:

You ignorant fool, how DARE You speak of things that you know NOTHING ABOUT!!!!! I shall break each of your fingers at every joint, then slowly cut them off one by one. You will scream in agony and beg for mercy, and that will only drive me to be more cruel. After I am done with your fingers, I will shove your head into a shallow sink, bashing it against the metallic surface, and keep your face under the water until you are seconds from drowning, then I shall remove your face for a few seconds so that you can breathe, and start it over again. This will continue for several hours until you are begging for death. I shall slowly, VERY SLOWLY, cut the Full Metal Panic logo onto your chest, then a thousand dark tentacles shall come from the inside of my mouth, and my body shall open up, allowing all manner of things that are not meant to be in this world to walk into it. The sky shall turn dark with the pain of every nightmare everyone has ever had. Then, and only then, will my dark work begin.

I recommend that, when I am finally done and you suffer a pain greater than hell for all eternity, you never insult Full Metal Panic again. If you do, I will know, and it will be worse. I can make it worse.:twisted:

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GodLovesDead

Sonick54

It's emo(tional), sensitive, and all that crap. Not only that but they share hair styles. Guys with longish hair that covers their eyes? Come on. How can you not laugh at this cartoons that take themselves all seriously?

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

GodLovesDead

It's emo(tional), sensitive, and all that crap. Not only that but they share hair styles. Guys with longish hair that covers their eyes? Come on. How can you not laugh at this cartoons that take themselves all seriously?

Sensitive? You're telling me you've never been sad before? :|

And i don't see how they take themselves seriously honestly.

AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AquaMantor
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

GodLovesDead

Well, some people aren't close-minded enough to think that animation is only capable of comedy.

Slepanandiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Slepanandiaz
[QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

AquaMantor

You ignorant fool, how DARE You speak of things that you know NOTHING ABOUT!!!!! I shall break each of your fingers at every joint, then slowly cut them off one by one. You will scream in agony and beg for mercy, and that will only drive me to be more cruel. After I am done with your fingers, I will shove your head into a shallow sink, bashing it against the metallic surface, and keep your face under the water until you are seconds from drowning, then I shall remove your face for a few seconds so that you can breathe, and start it over again. This will continue for several hours until you are begging for death. I shall slowly, VERY SLOWLY, cut the Full Metal Panic logo onto your chest, then a thousand dark tentacles shall come from the inside of my mouth, and my body shall open up, allowing all manner of things that are not meant to be in this world to walk into it. The sky shall turn dark with the pain of every nightmare everyone has ever had. Then, and only then, will my dark work begin.

I recommend that, when I am finally done and you suffer a pain greater than hell for all eternity, you never insult Full Metal Panic again. If you do, I will know, and it will be worse. I can make it worse.:twisted:

:o

It's not my fault you have poor taste in anime. I'd take Naruto over some stupid blue hair chick anyday.

AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AquaMantor
[QUOTE="AquaMantor"][QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

Slepanandiaz

It's not my fault you have poor taste in anime. I'd take Naruto over some stupid blue hair chick anyday.

Kaname is actually my favorite anime character ever. It's hard not to think of her as a real person. See, your problem obviously is this: You are a fool. You have presented one of the very few opinions to me that I do not respect: a dislike of Full Metal Panic. Even worse, an ignorant dislike of Full Metal Panic when you haven't even seen one episode.

I'd like to inform you that Naruto is actually not in the same league as FMP. And I'd like to think that my opinion holds more integrity here, having (regrettably, in Naruto's case) seen them both.

zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Alot of anime is annoying... Lucky Star seems quite annoying... although I've never seen more than the intro. I think the bright colours and things make it addictive... maybe I'm wrong though.Skullheart

lol, I'm almost done with Lucky Star. Dunno why, I just keep watching it. However, anime that involves violence and action, NEEDS VIOLENCE AND ACTION. Not pure dialog.

How about a cross between the two, meaning dialog and action. I agree Naruto now just keeps on dragging the episodes...The Sasori fight has been going for a few episodes but should have been finished in that special episode. Either way The Naruto fight hasn't even started. Overall, there isn't that much action...I'm disappointed and it is very overrated but I keep watching it for hope I guess.
Slepanandiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Slepanandiaz
[QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="AquaMantor"][QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

AquaMantor

Kaname is actually my favorite anime character ever. It's hard not to think of her as a real person. See, your problem obviously is this: You are a fool. You have presented one of the very few opinions to me that I do not respect: a dislike of Full Metal Panic. Even worse, an ignorant dislike of Full Metal Panic when you haven't even seen one episode.

I'd like to inform you that Naruto is actually not in the same league as FMP. And I'd like to think that my opinion holds more integrity here, having (regrettably, in Naruto's case) seen them both.

I am no fool! :(

Tell me, whats so great about Full Metal Panic? The only way I'd watch it is if it's about ninjas, the military, or giant robots.

ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts

That's why you watch Hellsing.TongHua

i actually just picked up those episodes the other day...really good

-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Rail_Man-
Member since 2007 • 1508 Posts

No offense to any Naruto fans out there, but I've been watching this Marathon for a while now...and it's not plain annoying. Good action...for the actual action that's therefor five seconds When someone is going to die, near death, or has a remote chance of dying, there succeeds a 30-minute flashback that consumes the entire episode.

In real anime like Ghost in the Shell, when someone dies, they die. No 30-minute flashback of his or her training, no LIFE STORY, that's it. You're dead. There we go.

I also find it annoying when someone uses some complex tactic and then explains it to the enemy after he did it Why? Do the writers put it in there for the people who couldn't comprehend what just happened? Gah...this is just annoying to me. They talk way too damn much in shows like Naruto...not nearly enough action.

Skullheart

That's typical shonen for ya. Naruto is pure crap anyways, There is better stuff out there. Better shonen to. Bleach>naruto.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 worthyofnote
Member since 2007 • 21896 Posts

Pokemon is probably the most annoying.

My favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Initial D, Great Teacher Onizuka.

-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Rail_Man-

Pokemon is probably the most annoying.

My favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Initial D, Great Teacher Onizuka.

worthyofnote

Probably, but Naruto is practically unwatchable.

AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AquaMantor
[QUOTE="AquaMantor"][QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="AquaMantor"][QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

Slepanandiaz

Tell me, whats so great about Full Metal Panic? The only way I'd watch it is if it's about ninjas, the military, or giant robots.

It's about both of those things, but it's actually about a soldier named Sousuke Sagara, who gets assigned to protect a high school student named Kaname Chidori from an unknown group of terrorists that may be targeting her. Sousuke is given the mission due to his young age (he's only 16, but he's been a guerilla soldier since he was 8). Sousuke's problem, though, is that being brought up as a soldier from the time he was born, he has no idea how to behave in ordinary life. He causes all kinds of problems by behaving like a soldier when he's supposed to be behaving like a high school student.

Sousuke works for Mithril, an international, somewhat self-righteous anti-terrorist mercenary organization. They are protecting Kaname Chidori because she is a whispered, a person who subconciously knows things about advanced military technology from birth. In addition to this, Whispered are intelligent beyond the level of geniuses.

what's so good about Full Metal Panic? Specifically? 1: It's the most hilarious anime I've ever seen, especially in Fumoffu. 2: The characters are excellent, they even stand out in comparison to most good anime characters. 3. The series has consistently great action from the beginning. 4: There is a lot of thought put into the universe, and the technology used in it. 5: IT'S SO FREAKING ADDICTIVE...I really think I have a problem...

MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#37 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts
worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 worthyofnote

I can read the Naruto manga, that's fine by me. When it comes to the show, I can't really watch it, and the times that it is on, I'm usually drinking, or nursing a hangover, or out and about, or doing a number of things.

Forgot to mention. FLCL was dope too.

-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Rail_Man-

I can read the Naruto manga, that's fine by me. When it comes to the show, I can't really watch it, and the times that it is on, I'm usually drinking, or nursing a hangover, or out and about, or doing a number of things.

Forgot to mention. FLCL was dope too.

worthyofnote

Yeah, I love that show. I wan't get it on DVD. I'm trying to get my brother into it but he's being an ass.

markebici

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 markebici
Member since 2005 • 781 Posts
At my university we have anime night every saturday but i dont go bsed on the fact that the only play "guy with girl trouble, ha ha ha panties" type anime. But there was one one that took the cake it was called "Air"; i never even knew that something so pointless could exsit and they loved it. I dont get full story but all i seen was a teenage boy hanging around little girls.
worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 worthyofnote
I love the randomness and all the sexual innuendos.
-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Rail_Man-

At my university we have anime night every saturday but i dont go bsed on the fact that the only play "guy with girl trouble, ha ha ha panties" type anime. But there was one one that took the cake it was called "Air"; i never even knew that something so pointless could exsit and they loved it. I dont get full story but all i seen was a teenage boy hanging around little girls.markebici

Air is pretty good, actually.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

AquaMantor

Well, some people aren't close-minded enough to think that animation is only capable of comedy.

Sonick54

How don't they take themselves seriously? It's not like anything funny happens in Inuyasha or Naruto. Or atleast not funny in the sense that a normal person would laugh at. Well, maybe it is unintentionally... Atleast I always get a laugh at the music and cheese-factor.

-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Rail_Man-
[QUOTE="AquaMantor"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

GodLovesDead

Sonick54

How don't they take themselves seriously? It's not like anything funny happens in Inuyasha or Naruto. Or atleast not funny in the sense that a normal person would laugh at. Well, maybe it is unintentionally... Atleast I always get a laugh at the music and cheese-factor.

W00t! Shin-Chan is hella funny.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 worthyofnote

GodLovesDead

Sonick54

Cheese factor, yes. That an anime usually carries certain cultural references so when it comes to comedy, some things are lost in translation, especially if we don't understand what the artist and writers find funny in their country.

Slepanandiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Slepanandiaz
[QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="AquaMantor"][QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="AquaMantor"][QUOTE="Slepanandiaz"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Naruto=Best anime ever

You cannot deny this

AquaMantor

It's about both of those things, but it's actually about a soldier named Sousuke Sagara, who gets assigned to protect a high school student named Kaname Chidori from an unknown group of terrorists that may be targeting her. Sousuke is given the mission due to his young age (he's only 16, but he's been a guerilla soldier since he was 8). Sousuke's problem, though, is that being brought up as a soldier from the time he was born, he has no idea how to behave in ordinary life. He causes all kinds of problems by behaving like a soldier when he's supposed to be behaving like a high school student.

Sousuke works for Mithril, an international, somewhat self-righteous anti-terrorist mercenary organization. They are protecting Kaname Chidori because she is a whispered, a person who subconciously knows things about advanced military technology from birth. In addition to this, Whispered are intelligent beyond the level of geniuses.

what's so good about Full Metal Panic? Specifically? 1: It's the most hilarious anime I've ever seen, especially in Fumoffu. 2: The characters are excellent, they even stand out in comparison to most good anime characters. 3. The series has consistently great action from the beginning. 4: There is a lot of thought put into the universe, and the technology used in it. 5: IT'S SO FREAKING ADDICTIVE...I really think I have a problem...

So it's not like this monstrosity? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViEH57xQu1c

Why chose the blue hair girl for a sig? Why not the cool military guy? Or a robot?

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sonick54

At my university we have anime night every saturday but i dont go bsed on the fact that the only play "guy with girl trouble, ha ha ha panties" type anime. But there was one one that took the cake it was called "Air"; i never even knew that something so pointless could exsit and they loved it. I dont get full story but all i seen was a teenage boy hanging around little girls.markebici

lol opinions =3

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sonick54

GodLovesDead

Sonick54

If you actually watched inuyasha, you'd know it has a comedy side. Trust me, i watched it for three years :shock:

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Skullheart
One of my favorite things to do on this forum is to create simple threads that cause huge flame wars. :)
holdenlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 holdenlowe
Member since 2005 • 842 Posts
I just started watching it and I didn't think that it was that bad. Yeah there isn't too much action, but explaining people's lives is important.