Americans Still Say Obamacare More Harmful Than Helpful.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Two-thirds say the law has not affected them personally

Nearly half of Americans say the Affordable Care Act will make the healthcare situation in the U.S. worse in the long run, while slightly more than one-third think it will make the situation better. These attitudes have changed little since late November.

When asked more broadly if they approve or disapprove of the Affordable Care Act, Americans come down on the disapprove side by 54% to 38%. These results, too, are similar to attitudes in late November, although they are slightly more negative than attitudes in December. Americans have tended to disapprove rather than approve of the healthcare law throughout the past year. By contrast, in mid-November 2012, just after President Barack Obama was re-elected, Americans were more evenly divided, with 48% approving and 45% disapproving.

Although most Americans say the law has not affected them thus far, 37% anticipate it will make their family's healthcare situation worse in the long run, while 22% say it will make their situation better. These opinions have fluctuated somewhat over the past six months, but in all instances, the public has predicted a more negative than positive personal outcome.

-------------------------------------

Lets see how the implementation of the employer mandate goes.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

I get the feeling a public option would've been less of a bureaucratic nightmare.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

The law hasn't affect me either, but that's because I'm still without health insurance.

I'm not paying $200 a month and having a 6000k deductible. That stupid "What if a bus hit you" excuse the president likes to use I find comical; if a city bus hits me I own the entire state. If a citizen hits me I own that citizen.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

The only people who are better off are the 10 million or so people who couldn't buy health insurance before and weren't eligible for medicare. It has made things much worse for people like myself who already had insurance. I lost my current policy and had to buy a new one, and my family doctore does not accept my new plan. "If you like your plan and your doctor you can keep them" was nothing but boldfaced lie. "Nobody's premiums will go up" was a load of bs.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Fightingfan said:

The law hasn't affect me either, but that's because I'm still without health insurance.

I'm not paying $200 a month and having a 6000k deductible. That stupid "What if a bus hit you" excuse the president likes to use I find comical; if a city bus hits me I own the entire state. If a citizen hits me I own that citizen.

Think you meant to just say 6000, otherwise your deductible there would be 6 million, which would be crazy.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@Fightingfan said:

But I'm sure with your recent lottery winnings you can afford the insurance, no?

Most people have the same mindset as you. They're rather the pay the fines than pay for health insurance.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

@Fightingfan said:

Think you meant to just say 6000, otherwise your deductible there would be 6 million, which would be crazy.

Mhm.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Nearly half of Americans say the Affordable Care Act will make the healthcare situation in the U.S. worse in the long run, while slightly more than one-third think it will make the situation better. These attitudes have changed little since late November.

How was this information collected?

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

@thegerg said:

@huggybear1020: It's also important to point out that many of the millions people who now will be forced to buy (or fined if they refuse to buy) insurance that they may not have wanted in the first place. Also, those who really couldn't afford insurance before still can't afford good insurance.

Yeah that too. I do realize that "eligible" to buy insurance isn't that same as being able to afford it. I just didn't want to make too big of a rant in one post because that might mean I'm racist or something.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

This is BS.. forced me and everybody to buy with lots of money for what they don't want.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master_Live

@BranKetra said:

"These attitudes have changed little since late November." means it hasn't changed when compare to previous Gallup polls.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Dogswithguns said:

This is BS.. forced me and everybody to buy with lots of money for what they don't want.

IF your arguing for the rate increases for some people, then I would agree.. But if your arguing that you should have the right to not have healthcare coverage, I would wholeheartedly disagree.. To not have any healthcare coverage of any kind is irresponsible, I don't care how healthy you think you are.. You cannot predict if you will get hit by a car, a accident occurs, or if you are diagnosed with something like cancer.. Leading to you going into a extremely costly surgery that most people are not going to be able to afford, thus putting the burden onto the rest of the people in the system while you declare bankruptcy..

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Master_Live

@sSubZerOo said:

@Dogswithguns said:

IF your arguing for the rate increases for some people, then I would agree.. But if your arguing that you should have the right to not have healthcare coverage, I would wholeheartedly disagree.. To not have any healthcare coverage of any kind is irresponsible, I don't care how healthy you think you are.. You cannot predict if you will get hit by a car, a accident occurs, or if you are diagnosed with something like cancer.. Leading to you going into a extremely costly surgery that most people are not going to be able to afford, thus putting the burden onto the rest of the people in the system while you declare bankruptcy..

No coverage, let them die.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@Dogswithguns said:

No coverage, let them die.

See I consider that the greater evil to bestow, and do not believe anyone should be left to die like that.. This is the United States people, to even consider that this should be a option is pretty depressing.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Master_Live

@Ackad said:

I have a feeling that this "survey" was created by the corrupted aristocratic conservatives.

I know, except Gallup is one of the most, if not the must, respected polling group in the world.

@Ackad said:

I'm pretty sure a majority of Americans agree with this progressive approach.

I see, polling results contrast with my preconceptions so they must be corrupted and/or wrong.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

The data would be telling if people knew what they were talking about.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

the cool thing to do now is hate on obamacare

it won't be cool anymore once they force that penalty down your throat.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Master_Live

@4myAmuzumament said:

it won't be cool anymore once they force that penalty down your throat.

Bring it buddy.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

Obamanation

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

Oh really. I wonder why? I am sure that it isn't because of the fact that fewer people in the US have healthcare as a direct result of the ACA, and those who still have healthcare are paying a higher average cost as a result of the ACA. It also can't be that educated people dislike it because they know that the similar regulations that caused people to lose or pay more for individual plans are going to be implemented for business plans having even worse effects because many more people are covered by employers than individual plans.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

Worse in comparison to previous methods or just in general? I doubt it can be worse in comparison. Either way thank the heritage foundation.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

Thanks to Obama-care many are in need of a 2nd job actually. Obama-care really screws up the middle-class, and is pushing people into low middle-class down to downright poor. Obama care is a terrible thing especially in an economy such as ours. Hell I can't even find a job, and I'm looking everywhere(within considerable restrictions(miles, pride, etc). it's spreading the rich, and poor even farther apart than they already are. Our country is changing, and it is only gonna get worse before it gets better I assure you of this.

PS: I am not a republican, and I am definitely not a democrat. I mostly fill in with Libertarians then any other political party out there, and I don't agree with everything they believe either. What I've saying here is that I'm not bashing Obama-care because of some political party obligation(that some extremely stupid people do(offense is implied to anyone who actually does this)), but because of actual observation. Obama-care is good for some, and bad for others. and in using something similar to Utilitarianism(a very good simple philosophy IMO) I find that the greater good would be accomplished without Obama-care in action.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#26 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@BranKetra said:

"These attitudes have changed little since late November." means it hasn't changed when compare to previous Gallup polls.

Perhaps I should study Gallup polls more.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Obamanation

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

that acorn i planted last year gives lousy shade.

gawd!

fuking acorn! thanks acorna!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30  Edited By deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

With all the misinformation out there in regards to the ACA, I wonder where the truth really lies.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I still find it funny that if people asked about the individual aspects of Obama care, people support it, but if you mention the name, they oppose it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

I still find it funny that if people asked about the individual aspects of Obama care, people support it, but if you mention the name, they oppose it.

Once again, you can't accuse republican politicians for being incompetent.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

The plan with "obamacare" is to reduce the population of the USA.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

Only 12%of the population thinks that Obamacare will make the U.S healthcare system better? I highly doubt that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@jimkabrhel said:

With all the misinformation out there in regards to the ACA, I wonder where the truth really lies.

What misinformation are you referring to?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@t1striker said:

Thanks to Obama-care many are in need of a 2nd job actually. Obama-care really screws up the middle-class, and is pushing people into low middle-class down to downright poor. Obama care is a terrible thing especially in an economy such as ours. Hell I can't even find a job, and I'm looking everywhere(within considerable restrictions(miles, pride, etc). it's spreading the rich, and poor even farther apart than they already are. Our country is changing, and it is only gonna get worse before it gets better I assure you of this.

This is something that doesn't get mentioned enough. For people that were already working shitty retail jobs as part-timers they've now had to find second jobs just to cover the hours they're losing. And those second jobs probably aren't paying as much as the first ones.

I have yet to see ANY democrat admit this is a problem and attempt to fix it. No, delaying the provision isn't a fix. These companies have already gone through with it. You think they're going to redo their policies because they have less than a years reprieve from the provision? Think again.

To me that is beyond morally reprehensible. I'd vote for a teahadist that promises to repeal the law, though I find their stance on social issues to be repugnant, before I vote for a democrat that would rather lie to my face instead of admitting the bill is shitty and fixing it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@airshocker said:

@jimkabrhel said:

a quick google search brought me to this page.
http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-myths.php

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

@airshocker said:

@jimkabrhel said:

1. The true number of enrolled citizens.

2. The stories on both sides (but more on the Fox News side) of those who couldn't find adequate plans, or couldn't find them for exorbitant cost.

3. The true nature of the impact of Obamacare on individuals and on the healthcare system, which won't be known for years, but people are already judging.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Serraph105 said:

@airshocker said:

@jimkabrhel said:

a quick google search brought me to this page.

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-myths.php

I don't care what brought you anywhere. My question was for jim.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@jimkabrhel said:

@airshocker said:

@jimkabrhel said:

1. The true number of enrolled citizens.

2. The stories on both sides (but more on the Fox News side) of those who couldn't find adequate plans, or couldn't find them for exorbitant cost.

3. The true nature of the impact of Obamacare on individuals and on the healthcare system, which won't be known for years, but people are already judging.

The true number is fairly low, correct?

Most plans do have exorbitant costs. Maybe not high premiums but the deductibles and other associated costs are high.

What has been blatantly lied about with regards to the impact of Obamacare? It's not debatable that because of Obamacare part-timers can only work 29 hours a week. Sure there are good things but what happens when people get older and can't be on their parents plans?