American english conquering Britain

This topic is locked from further discussion.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#651 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="noscope-ak47"]Brits are cool but the Yanks are were it is at. I did go to the UK on"holiday" and it would not stop raining talk about depressing. I will say this eglish women need tans but they freaks and they showed a brother much love. Oh and everything was pricey but the price of gas was insane.

ThisIsTwoFace

I know the price of everything there is threw the roof the food is so stupid priced

Has never been to the UK, tries to talk about our prices being threw the roof, "the food is so stupid priced" ..

You're just asking for me to put that MJ gif now.

I was born there...... but I grew up mostly in the U.S I moved to New York about 9 months ago I lived there about 10 years of my life me and my parents went back and forth because of family issues my family are struggling at the moment because of the cost of everything they want to come back to the U.S but they don't have the money england has high crime high abortion rate high drug addiction every thing bad is high and you say U.S is worst maybe in number but think U.S is 38X bigger than england and look at the crime its just a sick places full of so call "chavs" also I am 24 work it out and don't say anything before you know my life...
seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#652 seahorse123
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="sonicare"] Britain invaded the US. The Beatles man. Get your facts straight. And seahorse is british for seahorse. So even your name comes from the UK. Show some respect.

I could only have my username with no spaces.......

You can only have your username because the Queen on England allows it. And David Cameron also gives his consent.

That does not make sense?...
seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#653 seahorse123
When I lived in the U.S bigger house more wealth back in england small house chav land and its not just the area because the area I will tell you is middle class well its classed that in england because english have a lower standard of living
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

There isn't a McDonalds on every block... you don't live in this country so don't try and say what there is/isn't..

seahorse123

It's every other block for god sake. But fish n chips is still better and one of those joints is on every block.

So are macdonalds..

You're not very wise are you.. McDonalds is the largest Fast Food Restaurant in the world.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655 seahorse123

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="sonicare"] It's every other block for god sake. But fish n chips is still better and one of those joints is on every block.ThisIsTwoFace

So are macdonalds..

You're not very wise are you.. McDonalds is the largest Fast Food Restaurant in the world.

No. 4 http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/foo_mcd_res-food-mcdonalds-restaurants
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656 ThisIsTwoFace

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] I know the price of everything there is threw the roof the food is so stupid pricedseahorse123

Has never been to the UK, tries to talk about our prices being threw the roof, "the food is so stupid priced" ..

I was born there...... but I grew up mostly in the U.S I moved to New York about 9 months ago I lived there about 10 years of my life me and my parents went back and forth because of family issues my family are struggling at the moment because of the cost of everything they want to come back to the U.S but they don't have the money england has high crime high abortion rate high drug addiction every thing bad is high and you say U.S is worst maybe in number but think U.S is 38X bigger than england and look at the crime its just a sick places full of so call "chavs" also I am 24 work it out and don't say anything before you know my life...

Everything is bad? Why talk about our problems when they are even worse in your country? You know nothing about England, be quiet.

ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657 ThisIsTwoFace

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] So are macdonalds..seahorse123

No. 4 http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/foo_mcd_res-food-mcdonalds-restaurants

Wikipedia says another story.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658 seahorse123

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

ThisIsTwoFace

Everything is bad? Why talk about our problems when they are even worse in your country? You know nothing about England, be quiet.

14 years of living there I think I got what that place is about it has just a few good parts like better history but you just grasp on to that and use it.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#659 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
I actually prefer the British sound of the words...pspdseagle
+1.
seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660 seahorse123
You have brought this on your selves why didn't you just say no when the Americans first started to come over here? I tell you if it was not for america companys in england then that country would be like greece...
seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661 seahorse123
[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]I actually prefer the British sound of the words...DeadMan1290
+1.

The same with american people they like the english accent more and the english like the american accent and its words more...
noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]I actually prefer the British sound of the words...DeadMan1290
+1.

Brits make me lol when they talk

ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663 ThisIsTwoFace

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] I was born there...... but I grew up mostly in the U.S I moved to New York about 9 months ago I lived there about 10 years of my life me and my parents went back and forth because of family issues my family are struggling at the moment because of the cost of everything they want to come back to the U.S but they don't have the money england has high crime high abortion rate high drug addiction every thing bad is high and you say U.S is worst maybe in number but think U.S is 38X bigger than england and look at the crime its just a sick places full of so call "chavs" also I am 24 work it out and don't say anything before you know my life...seahorse123

14 years of living there I think I got what that place is about it has just a few good parts like better history but you just grasp on to that and use it.

Not my problem If you lived in a poverty/crime ridden area. No country is perfect and yours defo aint. Come to parts of Pimlico, Clapham etc.. places where properties on Avg are around 600k.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664 seahorse123

ThisIsTwoFace

Not my problem If you lived in a poverty/crime ridden area. No country is perfect and yours defo aint. Come to parts of Pimlico, Clapham etc.. places where properties on Avg are around 600k.

Your middle class areas are like slums in america.
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665 ThisIsTwoFace

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] 14 years of living there I think I got what that place is about it has just a few good parts like better history but you just grasp on to that and use it.seahorse123

Oh yes, places where seeing a BMW X6 and other luxury cars is just normal.

So these places are like "slums" in America? Oh dear.

noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666 noscope-ak47

Brits got the best TV saw naked women on sky for no reason

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667 seahorse123

ThisIsTwoFace

No just normal house here is description of normal working class house in america Garage maybe double? at least 3 or 4 bedrooms basement good sized yard with large living room and kitchen English normal house- garage maybe? 2-3 bedrooms probably 2 no basement little yard and small living room and kitchen all for the same cost as each over
seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668 seahorse123

Brits got the best TV saw naked women on sky for no reason

noscope-ak47
Also brits are over obsessed with sex and sexualised images america started it off I will admit but then Britain just turned into something worse for example chavs...
seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669 seahorse123
This will go on forever just can't admit it england is a has been country face it end of story and get over it.
noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670 noscope-ak47

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] Your middle class areas are like slums in america.seahorse123

No just normal house here is description of normal working class house in america Garage maybe double? at least 3 or 4 bedrooms basement good sized yard with large living room and kitchen English normal house- garage maybe? 2-3 bedrooms probably 2 no basement little yard and small living room and kitchen all for the same cost as each over

Go to japan and the brits house will look like a castle for the same money.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671 seahorse123

noscope-ak47

Go to japan and the brits house will look like a castle for the same money.

Yeah I know there are worse places than england...
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#672 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Does this mean British people will stop randomly leaving "t" out of all the words? It's very annoying.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#673 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Does this mean British people will stop randomly leaving "t" out of all the words? It's very annoying.DaBrainz
Will you stop talking in slow whiny tone of voice?

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#674 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]Does this mean British people will stop randomly leaving "t" out of all the words? It's very annoying.toast_burner

Let me guess, you're from Bri-ain.
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#675 ThisIsTwoFace

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]Does this mean British people will stop randomly leaving "t" out of all the words? It's very annoying.DaBrainz

Let me guess, you're from Bri-ain.

At the end of the day, we made the language and you couldn't make your own. :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#676 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Does this mean British people will stop randomly leaving "t" out of all the words? It's very annoying.DaBrainz

If you stop pronouncing them as Ds, sure:P

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677 seahorse123

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]Does this mean British people will stop randomly leaving "t" out of all the words? It's very annoying.Postmortem123

Are you talking about Jamaican people? lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#678 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

[QUOTE="Postmortem123"]

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]Does this mean British people will stop randomly leaving "t" out of all the words? It's very annoying.seahorse123

No.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#679 seahorse123

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="Postmortem123"]

Postmortem123

No.

American.. I have never heard that... lol
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

The UK is great and so is the US, but I won't deny this.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#681 seahorse123

The UK is great and so is the US, but I won't deny this.

Hexagon_777
I agree on that;)
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#682 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]The UK is great and so is the US, but I won't deny this.seahorse123
I agree on that;)

I have been all over the world, including the US. I have learned to despise the small, semi detached houses. Even Guildford, which is supposed to be ever so posh, doesn't flaunt it with the ugly, semi detached houses. Every house looks the same. Every house tends to be small. Why? Walk in through the front door, first thing you'll see is stairs leading to the second floor. I can't quite think of any other naiton in the EU which has that ever so particular, monotonous style that the UK does when it comes to accommodation for its citizens. I mean, fine, let the houses be small, whatever, but why do they ALL have to be semi detached?

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#683 seahorse123

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]The UK is great and so is the US, but I won't deny this.Hexagon_777

I agree on that;)

I have been all over the world, including the US. I have learned to despise the small, semi detached houses. Even Guildford, which is supposed to be ever so posh, doesn't flaunt it with the ugly, semi detached houses. Every house looks the same. Every house tends to be small. Why? Walk in through the front door, first thing you'll see is stairs leading to the second floor. I can't quite think of any other naiton in the EU which has that ever so particular, monotonous style that the UK does when it comes to accommodation for its citizens. I mean, fine, let the houses be small, whatever, but why do they ALL have to be semi detached?

I know its just over populated for the size of the country
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#684 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]The UK is great and so is the US, but I won't deny this.Hexagon_777

I agree on that;)

I give the UK credit for their zoning though. When you're in the city, you're in the city. When you're in the country, you're int he country. You dont have miles of sprawling suburbs.
seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#685 seahorse123
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] I agree on that;)sonicare

I give the UK credit for their zoning though. When you're in the city, you're in the city. When you're in the country, you're int he country. You dont have miles of sprawling suburbs.

But why would you want to be cramped?
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] I agree on that;)seahorse123

I know its just over populated for the size of the country

France has a slightly larger population than the UK but vast amounts more land, so I won't compare. Germany, on the other hand, has about 110,000 km2 more land but also a 22 million larger populace. I don't think the Germans are doing that bad in terms of housing. I am by no means an expert, but...bleh.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#687 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] I agree on that;)sonicare

What's so bad about having suburbs? :(

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#688 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I have been all over the world, including the US. I have learned to despise the small, semi detached houses. Even Guildford, which is supposed to be ever so posh, doesn't flaunt it with the ugly, semi detached houses. Every house looks the same. Every house tends to be small. Why? Walk in through the front door, first thing you'll see is stairs leading to the second floor. I can't quite think of any other naiton in the EU which has that ever so particular, monotonous style that the UK does when it comes to accommodation for its citizens. I mean, fine, let the houses be small, whatever, but why do they ALL have to be semi detached?

seahorse123

The rest of the EU isn't as bad as the UK, but what I noticed in the US was that they build both horizontally and vertically. In the EU, every country just seems to build horizontally which is foolish as the EU doesn't have as much space as the US does, so...why? Build up for crying out loud.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#689 seahorse123

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="sonicare"] I give the UK credit for their zoning though. When you're in the city, you're in the city. When you're in the country, you're int he country. You dont have miles of sprawling suburbs.Hexagon_777

The rest of the EU isn't as bad as the UK, but what I noticed in the US was that they build both horizontally and vertically. In the EU, every country just seems to build horizontally which is foolish as the EU doesn't have as much space as the US does, so...why? Build up for crying out loud.

I know seems mad to me lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#690 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

[QUOTE="Postmortem123"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"]Are you talking about Jamaican people? lolseahorse123

No.

American.. I have never heard that... lol

Where abouts you from?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#691 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44718 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it until people start saying "whycome".
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#692 ThisIsTwoFace

I agree on that;)

Because you're looking in the wrong place.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#693 seahorse123

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] I agree on that;)ThisIsTwoFace

I thought that would be your answer....... so predictable.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#694 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"] I agree on that;)ThisIsTwoFace

I have admittedly not been around much, just Guildford, Woking, WInchester, Southampton, London, Horsham, and Norwich, but all of those seem rather cramped. Maybe I should go up north? Then again, many always joke about how notoriously poor the north is so...

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#695 seahorse123

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I have been all over the world, including the US. I have learned to despise the small, semi detached houses. Even Guildford, which is supposed to be ever so posh, doesn't flaunt it with the ugly, semi detached houses. Every house looks the same. Every house tends to be small. Why? Walk in through the front door, first thing you'll see is stairs leading to the second floor. I can't quite think of any other naiton in the EU which has that ever so particular, monotonous style that the UK does when it comes to accommodation for its citizens. I mean, fine, let the houses be small, whatever, but why do they ALL have to be semi detached?

Hexagon_777

I have admittedly not been around much, just Guildford, Woking, WInchester, Southampton, London, Horsham, and Norwich, but all of those seem rather cramped. Maybe I should go up north? Then again, many always joke about how notoriously poor the north is so...

The north is worse Scotland they have descent houses in the country
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#696 ThisIsTwoFace

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I have been all over the world, including the US. I have learned to despise the small, semi detached houses. Even Guildford, which is supposed to be ever so posh, doesn't flaunt it with the ugly, semi detached houses. Every house looks the same. Every house tends to be small. Why? Walk in through the front door, first thing you'll see is stairs leading to the second floor. I can't quite think of any other naiton in the EU which has that ever so particular, monotonous style that the UK does when it comes to accommodation for its citizens. I mean, fine, let the houses be small, whatever, but why do they ALL have to be semi detached?

Hexagon_777

Ever seen Kensington and Chelsea? Its all about the money, if you aint got it then you'll end up bitter like that seashore guy.

ShuLordLiuPei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#697 ShuLordLiuPei
Member since 2005 • 9520 Posts

By "American English" I assume you mean "Correct English."

bats94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#698 bats94
Member since 2012 • 590 Posts

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

Hexagon_777

Then again, some say that it's better to be a Northern Monkey than a Southern Fairy (I'm in the south though)
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#699 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Seahorse has got to be the best newcomer to OT in a long while. Talks utter tripe without even meaning to. Quite a talent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#700 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Seahorse has got to be the best newcomer to OT in a long while. Talks utter tripe without even meaning to. Quite a talent.SolidSnake35

Mmhmm, very impressive.