Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

@sargentd said:

umiez 'dat want ta interject dia personal identity bullshit into a story dey neva gave a **** about.

I agree. If they start talking about an IRL race being treated like XYZ or comments about struggle of a sex/gender that aren't lore accurate you're right.

But that isn't usually what people complain about lately. They get mad at there merely being a black elf even though his skin color is never mentioned or made into a plot point lol.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:
@silentchief said:

You all will come up with any excuse to justify it. " The Witcher" was a perfect example. Red head " Triss Merigold" meh let's just make her black and let's race swap everyone but Geralt why were at it. Who gives a shit if it was written by the Polish " ItS jUsT fIcTioNaL". It's for a modern audience! 🤣 last season flopped so hard they announced the next will be the last. All these creatively bankrupt losers can do is run multibillion dollar IP's right into the ground.

Black Triss was also in the only highly received seasons (S1), and she looked even more black in that season lol (before the hair change). So uhh...I don't think that's why it went to shit tbh.

By the last season they race swapped half the cast and it was later announced the show would be non renewed after only one more season.

I don't think this is why the quality dropped, and I can probably cite most Metacritic critics also never mentioning such a thing. We have counter examples shows with mass race and sex swapping doing quite well.

No normal person cares about that, the big determining factor is script and acting. Not skin tone.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

umiez 'dat want ta interject dia personal identity bullshit into a story dey neva gave a **** about.

I agree. If they start talking about an IRL race being treated like XYZ or comments about struggle of a sex/gender that aren't lore accurate you're right.

But that isn't usually what people complain about lately. They get mad at there merely being a black elf even though his skin color is never mentioned or made into a plot point lol.

Wh40k kustodiez faction have always been jus Boyz for 40 years. Sisterhood uv silence was an only git faction, no boyz allowed 'n 'dat faction. Dis iz dousands uv books, games, tabletops. Neva been a git kustodie. Stupid move 'cos 'der are factions uv only girls 'n wh40k.. an' amazon still said dey don't like ‘dat an' wants em ta be kustodiez. Dis iz jus lore break'n.

Kustodiez iz a brotherhood where people sacrifice dia sons ta join

sisterhood uv silence ‘as neva had men ‘n it

40k fans have asperges ova dis stuff an' dey gonna be pissed if it's different dan da table top, video games, an' books.

an dey have a right ta be

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SargentD  Online

@robertos said:
@silentchief said:
@silentchief said:

You all will come up with any excuse to justify it. " The Witcher" was a perfect example. Red head " Triss Merigold" meh let's just make her black and let's race swap everyone but Geralt why were at it. Who gives a shit if it was written by the Polish " ItS jUsT fIcTioNaL". It's for a modern audience! 🤣 last season flopped so hard they announced the next will be the last. All these creatively bankrupt losers can do is run multibillion dollar IP's right into the ground.

Black Triss was also in the only highly received seasons (S1), and she looked even more black in that season lol (before the hair change). So uhh...I don't think that's why it went to shit tbh.

By the last season they race swapped half the cast and it was later announced the show would be non renewed after only one more season.

I don't think this is why the quality dropped, and I can probably cite most Metacritic critics also never mentioning such a thing. We have counter examples shows with mass race and sex swapping doing quite well.

No normal person cares about that, the big determining factor is script and acting. Not skin tone.

Henry respeks da lore, keep da fafe 🙏

Loading Video...

If dey go ta far 'e will quit an ‘da showz will tank

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6967 Posts

@robertos said:
@silentchief said:
@silentchief said:

The casting was atrocious, outside of Henry Cavil and Ciri. Most metacritics wouldn't dare mention it because they would be instantly canceled by leftist shill media. No we really don't. Most of the time it fails miserably. It usually works when the core audience of the source material is different to the audience that enjoys the adaptation but in most cases they can't attract enough of a new audience to make them successful.

Normal people often do care about authenticity. Most entertainment projects that are infested with DEI quotas are easily seen a mile away and it seems a large portion of the general public is starting to recognize it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silentchief
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:

It amazes me how far leftist go to fit everything in their worldview 🤣.

So an evil mega corp is a stand in for the Republican party? Yet ironically the modern Democrats are far more supportive of mega corps and in fact receive far more money from them. 🤷‍♂️

I believe I also mentioned AOC as well; an evil megacorp is a stand in for the evils of capitalism; the AOC-like woman (the head exploder) and Homelander represent both parties (as do some other politicians sprinkled throughout the show), both equally corrupted by money, influence, and blackmail (via personal baggage, skeletons in closet, etc).

Funny how you ignored my reference to the AOC analogue...almost like you're trying to fit everything into your worldview 🤣

Also pretty sure Biden is the first president to stand with union members in a picket line, so...

That's just it though. I don't need entertainment to fit my worldview. I just want it to be entertaining. Allegory's should be done in a way that anyone can enjoy the content regardless of what side of the isle they are on.

Biden has received more money from Megacorps than Trump... gee I wonder why?

Fair enough, but "art imitates life" as they say, so I don't think it is really uncalled for entertainment (art) to take a stance. Unless you're a delicate snowflake that is easily upset and needs a safe space 😋

As for Biden, it's probably because he is a good bet; Trump can only get money from Russians. Corporations or foreign agents? You pick.

It doesn't make me uncomfortable it's just nauseating seeing it from the same viewpoint over and overall again. It's boring and that's why entertainment is failing

Still on the Russian conspiracy? Really? Biden is a globalist and it was Obama himself who allowed Blackrock and Vanguard to give social credit scores to corporations. It's why corps are rewarded with $$ for parroting progressive values. The Democrats need to fuse modern leftist ideology with modern corporate policy is a far more similar to Vaught than anything Republicans have done.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silentchief
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

Not good, a pure ad-hominem post. Also, I'm center left.

This specific issue just isn't serious or political enough for an opposing position to be seen as "crazy" left. It's fluff side lore for an unreleased TV show from writers who always retcon this universe. No well adjusted adult would get upset at this, hell most will never even know it happened. Small lore changes don't break quality, it's when you completely alter the theme and/or atmosphere, and inject bad writing and/or acting.

Dunno, maybe I'm becoming too much of a "normie" for these small things to register remotely out of the "what kind of loser gives a crap about this bullshit?" category these days lol.

There's nothing center about you.

You will constantly side with any group that race swaps/gender swaps etc... for the sole purpose of DEI. You will side with that position everytime regardless of how ridiculous the reasoning is.

Calling people losers when you have made at least 3 alt accounts with over 20 thousand post defending these actions is peak irony 🤣. Again you are a perfect example of why people should be gatekept out of hobbies they have no interest in.

I dont know uv homlanda or any 'umie kalled nick fury. ‘da kustodiez are known as a brotherhood ‘n wh40k. Wh40k been around for 40 years an’ we have neva heard uv a git kustodie. It didnt 'ist untill da amazon started mak'n da tv showz.. now games workshop gaslights 'da ork Boyz an' says yes 'der are git kustodiez. Where gamesworkshop?? ive neva heard or seen dis. Iz dis 'cos da amazon wants it 'n da new tv showz?? are ya try'n ta mess wit' wh40k like ya did lord uv da rings?? rings uv powa was not a gud tv showz an' now ya ****'n up da lore for wh40k. **** yer amazon an’ da blue haired streaks. Yer try'n ta appeal ta people 'oo dont even like 40k. Classic way ta piss off yer already niche fanbase gamesworkshop. No more teef for gamesworkshop. 'da weird boyz will 3d print all yer overpriced minitures. And henry now isnt going to want to work on the show, because his favorite faction was the kustodiez and the amazon wants to **** it up, like they fucked up lord of the rings. Amazon iz a destroya uv all fings loved.

The Rings of Power wasn't bad due to focusing on Galadriel or there being a black people in it. It was bad because the script was piss poor. It was boring, and fell flat.

Again, The Boys did more race and gender swapping than any other Amazon show or hell even MCU, but still does very well by the critics and audience. X-Men 97' is killing it and the entire premise is directly "woke", reflecting civil rights and equality. But no one cares because the script, va, and animation are great. Fallout was bashed by subhuman youtubers due to female and black main characters (and trans side char), but then it came out and they love it.

The stuff you are worrying about just isn't a determining factor in quality. In reality it usually boils down to script, editing, and acting. Time to take off the hyper political shades.

Yes it was🤣. It was doomed from the beginning and tried to express it's message with the subtlety of a hammer to the face. That's what happens when you take fiction based off midevil European lore and butcher it for DEI. Gladriel was rewritten to be an unstoppable girl boss and most of what she did in the show was actually achieved by Celebrimbor. Forcing leftist agendas at the " expense" of lore and the source material.

The Boys was based off a small limited series comic that virtually nobody knew about so there is little attachment to existing characters. X-Men 97 isn't " woke"... you don't even know what the word means or what people mean when they refer to content being " woke". Notice X-Men 97 has stayed true to the " source material " In almost every way. X-Men is an allegory for prejudice but it had nothing to do with the " civil rights" movement as Stan Lee admitted himself. He only created " mutants " because he was tired of coming up with original stories for how everyone got their powers and leftist came up with the ridiculous and FALSE narrative that Magneto/ professor X were based off Malcom X and MLK. So although people can use real life events to inspire their creation it was still done in a way that appeals to everyone. Haven't watched FO but it was based off a game that always had a diverse cast. Something isn't " woke" just because it has women and black people 🤣 so this doesn't help your argument.

Yet I'm calling flops with 95% accuracy so I'm on to something.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

Yes it was🤣.

I'm reading the critic reviews for it right now. None of them mention a black elf being the reason for the show being bad. It would be very silly suggest a show is bad due to a side character having a slightly darker skin tone, and no other real reason. It was bad due to bad writing through and through. I have comprehensive citation showing you are wrong by any critic review link I can find.

Just like how race swapping for a major character (and gender swap for minor ones) in Dune had zero negative impact afaik. Like how black Valarians didn't stop House of Dragons from doing well. A female Stormfront didn't tank The Boys. Black Nick Fury didn't destroy Avengers. Black Domino didn't harm DP2. 97' is doing great on all fronts.

Race/Gender swapping doesn't really alter quality, bad writing and bad acting does. Most well adjusted normal adults don't care about this and do not have political brainrot. If the show or movie is good, they'll watch it. I thought this is something everyone understands once they reach their teens.

@silentchief said:

Notice X-Men 97 has stayed true to the " source material " In almost every way. X-Men is an allegory for prejudice

Exactly. It's always been progressive with a diverse cast and a metaphor for of civil rights and overcoming racism/bigotry.

“I loved that idea,” Lee told the Guardian in 2000, as the first X-Men movie hit theaters. ”It not only made them different, but it was a good metaphor for what was happening with the Civil Rights Movement in the country at that time.”

And the whole civil rights metaphor that ended up being the defining metaphor of the X-Men, did that come along in the first few issues?

It came along the minute I thought of the X-Men and Professor X. I realized that I had that metaphor, which was great. It was given to me as a gift. Cause it made the stories more than just a good guy fighting a bad guy.

--

“Let’s lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today,” he wrote in December 1968. “[I]t’s totally irrational, patently insane to condemn an entire race—to despise an entire nation—to vilify an entire religion. Sooner or later, we must learn to judge each other on our own merits. Sooner or later, if a man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.”

Yet X-Men 97' is still doing great. No one cares that it's clearly steeped in progressive ideals and full of blacks and women. Or that they made Morph gay or whatever. Because the writing, va, and art are good. That is what matters most in a medium.

P.S. The same goes for reverse. Race or gender swapping doesn't automatically make the media better. All it really boils down to is the quality of writing, acting, editing, etc.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

Normal people often do care about authenticity.

I have a common sense centrist apolitical (and correct) approach to this. Normal people care more about quality of the art than the ethnicity and gender of a fictional character. Most of these normal people don't have political brain rot. We know this fact by the varying degree of reviews in movies and tv shows that do this.

A shitty show has race/gender swaps and it does bad. (Rings of Power, Ghost Busters)

A good show has race/gender swaps and it does well. (Avengers, Dune, The Boys, X-Men 97', House of the Dragon, Dead Pool, Loki).

A well written season of show X with race/gender swap does well. A poorly written season of show X with race/gender swap does poorly. (Witcher)

Quality is what matters most, by far. While Fallout didn't swap any characters since it's a new story, it featured a female and black as main characters, with a good dose of anti-capitolism. Some cons totally flipped out over this, but in the end none of that mattered because it was kinda good.

Ella Purnell Dismisses 'Woke' Criticism Surrounding Fallout (gamerant.com)

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Silentchief
@robertos said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

I have a common sense centrist apolitical (and correct) approach to this. Normal people care more about quality of the art than the ethnicity and gender of a fictional character. Most of these normal people don't have political brain rot. We know this fact by the varying degree of reviews in movies and tv shows that do this.

A shitty show has race/gender swaps and it does bad. (Rings of Power, Ghost Busters)

A good show has race/gender swaps and it does well. (Avengers, Dune, The Boys, X-Men 97', House of the Dragon, Dead Pool, Loki).

A well written season of show X with race/gender swap does well. A poorly written season of show X with race/gender swap does poorly. (Witcher)

Quality is what matters most, by far. While Fallout didn't swap any characters since it's a new story, it featured a female and black as main characters, with a good dose of anti-capitolism. Some cons totally flipped out over this, but in the end none of that mattered because it was kinda good.

No you really don't.

The quality of the art always suffers when agenda comes first. It won't necessarily make it bad but it will almost always make it worse. In the case of Rings of Power and Ghost Busters progressive agendas took priority over everything else.

Now lets look at the shows you acknowledge as good.

Avengers had one race swap but considering Nick fury was based off the Ultimate comic version which was released in 2001 I'm not sure if that even counts. Compare that to Eternals where they race/ gender swapped half the cast? It failed miserably.

The original Dune was so terrible outside of the cult following nobody noticed.

The Boys is again a niche limited series that most people simply won't notice.

X-Men 97 doesn't have a single race/gender swap.

House of the Dragon is a good show but the race swaps do effectively make it worse. Seeing black people play the " oldest family" in a fictional European nation really makes no sense and seeing a black family with bleach blonde hair looks ridiculous. They are literally the worst part of the show and really the only thing that's wrong with it. It's simply a bad casting and from a rating perspective it is still know where near as popular as Game of thrones so the audience did seem to have a problem with it.

Deadpool had one minor race swap. Again a bad casting in an otherwise great movie.

This is what leftist do. They put as much agenda driven content as they can get away with and if the movie is still good they will say " see it doesn't matter" ! That attitude is exactly why they tried to get away with shit like " rings of power" , " Little mermaid" " Eternals" " The Marvels" etc... yet when they went all on on progressive agenda the shows tanked miserably because now evem the normies are aware of what's going on.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Silentchief

@robertos:

I'm reading the critic reviews for it right now. None of them mention a black elf being the reason for the show being bad. It would be very silly suggest a show is bad due to a side character having a slightly darker skin tone, and no other real reason. It was bad due to bad writing through and through. I have comprehensive citation showing you are wrong by any critic review link I can find.

Just like how race swapping for a major character (and gender swap for minor ones) in Dune had zero negative impact afaik. Like how black Valarians didn't stop House of Dragons from doing well. A female Stormfront didn't tank The Boys. Black Nick Fury didn't destroy Avengers. Black Domino didn't harm DP2. 97' is doing great on all fronts.

Race/Gender swapping doesn't really alter quality, bad writing and bad acting does. Most well adjusted normal adults don't care about this and do not have political brainrot. If the show or movie is good, they'll watch it. I thought this is something everyone understands once they reach

No critic would ever criticize the race of any actor unless they were white. If you had a fictional universe deep in Asian lore and half the cast was white progressive critics would have a field day with it. It's the same reason they destroyed " God's of Egypt ". and specifically mentioned the white cast. All you have done is proven my point that most Metacritics are nothing more than leftist shills. They will never criticize a race swap unless it's a non white character being swapped.

Looking at the ratings of " House of the Dragon " it is still significantly less popular than " Game of Thrones". So black Velryons do not seem to have done the series any favors.

@robertos:

Yet X-Men 97' is still doing great. No one cares that it's clearly steeped in progressive ideals and full of blacks and women. Or that they made Morph gay or whatever. Because the writing, va, and art are good. That is what matters most in a medium.

The show literally has two black main characters and 8 strong straight white male main character. When is the last time a modern piece of entertainment had 8 straight white male characters that were bad ass ? Most modern media would make the white male characters useless are completely inept( modern Star Wars) and X-Men 97 did the opposite. Hell this is the best Cyclops has been in 30 years.

As for the original intent.

Speaking on Coast to Coast AM with guest host Ian Punnett, Lee stated unambiguously that the analogy was not his intention when creating the X-Men in the 1960s.

“No, it was the furthest thing from my mind,” Lee said when asked if the X-Men were meant to symbolize gay rights issues at the time. “I was just trying to think of something that would be dramatic.”

Lee explained that the theme of mutants feared and persecuted by society for their differences was simply a plot device to drive engaging stories. There was no conscious paralleling of the X-Men’s struggles with real-world discrimination or against LGBTQ+ people.

Hmm but what about Chris Claremont? The guy who wrote some of the best X-Men stories?

Claremont noted that it would have been "incredibly presumptuous" for him to base his characters on King and X, America's two most famous black civil rights leaders, though the opposing mutants share some tangential similarities with both activists. Rather, Claremont drew on his own experiences in Israel, and his understanding of Menachem Begin as inspiration for his stories.

Prejudice is bad is not a modern progressive idea. As we know it it's modern leftist who are primarily calling for the Death of jews. X-Men is written in away that anyone can enjoy it. So although progressives want to believe mutants are a stand in for any discriminated minority the story is written in a way that it can be interpreted differently based off your beliefs.and yes it also happens to be really good.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

No you really don't.

I'm literally giving the most centrist and rational take, devoid of any hyper political brain rot.

Script and acting are paramount. Gender and race swapping barely improve or hurt the end quality. The examples I gave showcase this perfectly and I'm not even going to entertain your subjective excuses for each, as I have the box office figures and critic reviews on hand proving my point.

IE: Dune is a popular novel and universe, and they race changed many fremen in the recent films. Including the two most important ones. NO ONE CARED. It was amazing. This isn't something rational people really think about lol.

You're way too invested in politics and seeing everything with that lens, that's not normal for quality art. If the movie or show is good, a well adjusted non political brain rotted individual won't care one way or the other.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Silentchief
@robertos said:
@silentchief said:

No you really don't.

I'm literally giving the most centrist and rational take, devoid of any hyper political brain rot.

Script and acting are paramount. Gender and race swapping barely improve or hurt the end quality. The examples I gave showcase this perfectly and I'm not even going to entertain your subjective excuses for each, as I have the box office figures and critic reviews on hand proving my point.

IE: Dune is a popular novel and universe, and they race changed many fremen in the recent films. Including the two most important ones. NO ONE CARED. It was amazing. This isn't something rational people really think about lol.

You're way too invested in politics and seeing everything with that lens, that's not normal for quality art. If the movie or show is good, a well adjusted non political brain rotted individual won't care one way or the other.

You aren't even giving any criteria for what makes the shows good. You acknowledge " Rings of Power " is garbage ? But " Rings of Power" has a 71 on Metacritic which is actually good. " House of the Dragon " has a 69 so based off critics " Rings of Power" is better 🤣🤣. Fortunately " Rings of Power" was an absolute failure because the audience thought it was trash and it flopped miserably. So again what is your criteria for if somethings good or bad other then your own subjective opinion?

As for Dune and the race swaps, this was actually taken from the novel.

Due to living onArrakis, the typical Fremen appeared as a sinewyhumanwith leathery tanned skin.

So it appears the new movie is actually more accurate to the original novel thus more authentic. No wonder it's better. You proved my point again 🤣

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

@silentchief said:

Normal people often do care about authenticity. Most entertainment projects that are infested with DEI quotas are easily seen a mile away and it seems a large portion of the general public is starting to recognize it.

Normal people don't care about any of that, because they are not even familiar with the source content.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SargentD  Online

@rmpumper said:
@silentchief said:

Normal people don't care about any of that, because they are not even familiar with the source content.

Fans of the source content matter

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Silentchief
@rmpumper said:
@silentchief said:

Depends on what we're talking about. If you race swapped Batman or Superman the average person will absolutely no what's going on. Especially if it's something like a remake of a popular movie when your core audience are those who saw the original.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

my feeling on this one

Loading Video...

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@rmpumper said:
@silentchief said:

Must be why Dune flopped so hard! Black Chani. Guatemalan Leto. Spanish Stilgar. Black Jamis. Female Kynes. Hell, they entirely changed the hair and skin color for Harkonnen.

Oh wait.

Almost no one cares. Well, not anyone who is mentally sound. This isn't why a movie flops or does well (in terms of directly quality).

@silentchief said:

You aren't even giving any criteria for what makes the shows good.

Script, acting, editing, cinemograph, score. These things are what actually matter in quality, and what dictates the quality. Not race or gender.

Again, my stance on this is the correct apolitical centrist one. In general you have these 3 camps,

A). Far right: The movie sucks because a minority or woman took a role. (Not supported by reviews).

B). Far left: The movie is good because a minority or woman took a role. (Not supported by reviews).

C.) Normal well adjusted person: The movie is good or bad depending on the actual quality of the film. (Supported by reviews).

I strongly fall into C.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SargentD  Online

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@rmpumper said:
@silentchief said:

Must be why Dune flopped so hard! Black Chani. Guatemalan Leto. Spanish Stilgar. Black Jamis. Female Kynes. Hell, they entirely changed the hair and skin color for Harkonnen.

Oh wait.

Almost no one cares. Well, not anyone who is mentally sound. This isn't why a movie flops or does well (in terms of directly quality).

@silentchief said:

Script, acting, editing, cinemograph, score. These things are what actually matter in quality, and what dictates the quality. Not race or gender.

Again, my stance on this is the correct apolitical centrist one. In general you have these 3 camps,

A). Far right: The movie sucks because a minority or woman took a role. (Not supported by reviews).

B). Far left: The movie is good because a minority or woman took a role. (Not supported by reviews).

C.) Normal well adjusted person: The movie is good or bad depending on the actual quality of the film. (Supported by reviews).

I strongly fall into C.

I dont get what this far left far right stuff your talking about.

But you need a new category because your missing the people who don't want this change in 40k completely and it has nothing to do with right or left.

So here's a new camp.

D.)fans of the source material who want it too match the material they love and are fans of.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Ridiculous discussion. Yeah, historical people should be represented accurately. Fictional characters can be whatever the creatives want them to be. Don't watch if you're offended that the world offers more than white rural males.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@rmpumper said:

Oh wait.

@silentchief said:

I strongly fall into C.

D.)fans of the source material who want it too match the material they love and are fans of.

We were discussing the end quality. Not what a handful of nerds want.

Unless it's so egregious to the point it effects plot and theme, race and gender swaps aren't the major quality effecting factors. Again they changed how an entire House looked and the race of the main character's father and love interest in Dune. It didn't make it better or worse, it was still insanely good.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@rmpumper said:
@silentchief said:

Oh wait.

@silentchief said:

I strongly fall into C.

But you need a new category because your missing the people who don't want this change in 40k completely and it has nothing to do with right or left.

So here's a new camp.

like it or not, studios are in the business of making money, not satisfying 2% of the nerds who will care about every detail and will throw a fuss over this kind of stuff. they know race/geneder swapping will piss of the "core" fans. i think they just don't care. they've done the calculations that new fans they'll pull in with their changes will offset the boycotts.

i think the real problem is these idiot studios put some much focus into trying to broaden fanbases that they end not spending their effort on quality writing and competent direction so they get core fans who leave and new fans who never jump on board because the product sucks.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Silentchief

@comp_atkins said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@rmpumper said:

Oh wait.

@silentchief said:

I strongly fall into C.

So here's a new camp.

like it or not, studios are in the business of making money, not satisfying 2% of the nerds who will care about every detail and will throw a fuss over this kind of stuff. they know race/geneder swapping will piss of the "core" fans. i think they just don't care. they've done the calculations that new fans they'll pull in with their changes will offset the boycotts.

i think the real problem is these idiot studios put some much focus into trying to broaden fanbases that they end not spending their effort on quality writing and competent direction so they get core fans who leave and new fans who never jump on board because the product sucks.

Warhammer is a multibillion dollar franchise. The core fans will determine it's success or lack there of.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Silentchief
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@rmpumper said:
@silentchief said:

Oh wait.

@silentchief said:

I strongly fall into C.

But you used critic reviews as proof. Critics enjoyed rings of power yet the fans hated it. According to critics all those things were done well..... so why did it flop?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SargentD  Online

@silentchief said:
@comp_atkins said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

Oh wait.

@silentchief said:

I strongly fall into C.

So here's a new camp.

Warhammer is a multibillion dollar franchise. The core fans will determine it's success or lack there of.

Yes.. studios are in the buisness of making money.. maybe if your a mega Corp like Amazon and trying to make money off a 40k tvshow.. you should probably treat the lore of 40k "nerds" with respect.. because they are going to be the ones who decide if it makes money or is a dud.

It's not a simple gender swap either, it flies in the face of the lore, the faction has never had a woman in it.. Custodians are a brotherhood.. where people would sacrifice thier sons too.. just like the sisters of silence has never had a man warrior in that faction.. I'd be just as annoyed if they did that too. It's lore breaking.

It's like making a love story with a female orc and a male orc in the 40k tv show...

Even though orks don't have a sex and are actually part fungi that reproduce by spreading thier spores in the dirt. So having them mate would be lore breaking.

If your going to do an tv show adaptation of a "nerd" franchise like 40k. Might want to make something that appeals to them. Like silence said, the 40k "nerds" should be cared about.. they are kind of the main audiance that's supposed to make you money.. that's kind of the whole reason you took on the ip..

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SargentD  Online

@LJS9502_basic said:

Ridiculous discussion. Yeah, historical people should be represented accurately. Fictional characters can be whatever the creatives want them to be. Don't watch if you're offended that the world offers more than white rural males.

What in the **** are you even talking about lol...

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Silentchief

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

He's a leftist drone. White man bad!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Who do you think is crying about this?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SargentD  Online

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Who do you think is crying about this?

What does white rural males have to do with female custodies in wh40k for the Amazon show.

Who's upset by it?

40k fans, 40k nerds, and they come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and genders.

Admittedly, most are dudes

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

A bit off topic but related to that video and the general state of political discourse.

I used to watch the above streamer when WoW was actually good (so basically Legion). Good community to get some M+/Raid groups going, decent WoW critique, and pretty ideologically centered mean community and videos for the most parts. When it did devolve to politics it was balanced 1:1 and nothing vitriolic. But then American politics got culty and divided.

His viewer base has slowly shifted to mostly fullblast psycho batshit far right members, and it's pretty much dogpiling from Trumpers 100:1 with the kinds of comments you would only see in shut down Neo-Nazi forums. They also dictate his story bias, so you'll mostly see him talk about anti-left stuff now. It almost looks like Breitbart or Daily Caller's youtube story selection. Sad to see a centrist community go to shit.

I'd assume it would be equally as sad for a right winger who regularly visited a centrist and balanced community to watch it become far left over years. Partisan politics is getting the better of America.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SargentD  Online

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

A bit off topic but related to that video and the general state of political discourse.

I used to watch the above streamer when WoW was actually good (so basically Legion). Good community to get some M+/Raid groups going, decent WoW critique, and pretty ideologically centered mean community and videos for the most parts. When it did devolve to politics it was balanced 1:1 and nothing vitriolic. But then American politics got culty and divided.

His viewer base has slowly shifted to mostly fullblast psycho batshit far right members, and it's pretty much dogpiling from Trumpers 100:1 with the kinds of comments you would only see in shut down Neo-Nazi forums. They also dictate his story bias, so you'll mostly see him talk about anti-left stuff now. It almost looks like Breitbart or Daily Caller's youtube story selection. Sad to see a centrist community go to shit.

I'd assume it would be equally as sad for a right winger who regularly visited a centrist and balanced community to watch it become far left over years. Partisan politics is getting the better of America.

What's "far right" about asmondgold.

Explain yourself.

Or is it you that has shifted more to the left

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

Not him. His viewer base, mods, and story selection. The community.

@sargentd said:

Or is it you that has shifted more to the left

Nah.

The fact you of all people have used him for citation multiple times is more than enough proof.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SargentD  Online

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

Cool opinion

BTW I followed him some when I was playing wow back in the day too.

Perhaps it's the same, you just didn't notice because you were focused on the wow content, now he talks about any game or anything else since wow is a joke nowadays.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

Cool opinion

Uh huh. Pro-Trump stuff getting thousands of upvotes and anything contesting it getting like 10 upvotes and being piled on. Mostly stories bashing woke nothing burger stuff, and ignoring all right wing bullshit. Doing videos on Biden verbal gaffs, but ignoring a fucking federal judge rape ruling. Sure buddy lol.

And any story involving a black or brown person is full of racist AF comments. Can't even quote them here. Surely I changed! I could copy and paste two conversations here from each community and you wouldn't know if it's from Asmon's or Tim Pool's.

I think they even had a Trump vs Biden poll and it was like 80:20.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SargentD  Online
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

Cool opinion

Uh huh. Pro-Trump stuff getting thousands of upvotes and anything contesting it getting like 10 upvotes and being piled on. Mostly stories bashing woke nothing burger stuff, and ignoring all right wing terror events where people actually die. Doing videos on Biden verbal gaffs, but ignoring a fucking rape liability. Sure buddy lol.

And any story involving a black or brown person is full of racist AF comments. Can't even quote them here. This just isn't how it used to be in 2017 dude.

I think they even had a Trump vs Biden poll and it was like 80:20.

Think your letting your own political bias getting in the way, not accepting that there is a growing amount of people who think differently from you in politics...

You've already compared asmongolds channel to a Neo nazi forum.. that's a bold claim. Got receipts that show he's running some neo nazi channel?

Or are you just being a pissy lib because you see a community that leans more against biden than it does trump.

Asmondgold is in Texas, shouldn't surprise you.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

Think your letting your own political bias getting in the way, not accepting that there is a growing amount of people who think differently from you in politics...

Yeah, I am being a bit selfish. I'm a centrist and it was a bit sad to see a centrist/neutral community go low IQ far right. They have every right to do so, and he has every right to mostly just post anti-left stuff while ignoring the other side.

But like you said, the game is trash now so it's not a big deal.

@sargentd said:

Or are you just being a pissylib because you see a community that leans more against biden than it does trump.

Mildly perturbed* center leftist* who merely noticed a trend. Seeing any once apolitical community go full Trumper or full Commie sucks to see, IMO.

@sargentd said:

Asmondgold is in Texas, shouldn't surprise you.

True.

@sargentd said:

Got receipts that show he's running some neo nazi channel?

Never said that, I said some commentors not him. Although a political story selection that resembles Tim Pool's channel will draw these kind of folks in. Just check out some of the comments, a lot of fucked up opinions on black people and lunatic DEI assumptions.

Most Corrupt US Mayor (youtube.com)

Alec Baldwin goes viral again.. - YouTube

Catastrophic Bridge Collapse in Baltimore (youtube.com)

The point of my tangent regarding the video you posted is that some neutral and fun on-line gaming communities became tribal memes in today's polarized country. Oh well. Not a huge deal, just kinda sucks. And that goes for both sides.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1405 Posts

@rmpumper said:
@silentchief said:

Yea, Normal People Characters don't know much. Neither fictional or the real world. But to have a strong opinion to appear socially adjusted is what NPCs care about.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1886 Posts

@silentchief said:
@robertos said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

No you really don't.

The quality of the art always suffers when agenda comes first. It won't necessarily make it bad but it will almost always make it worse. In the case of Rings of Power and Ghost Busters progressive agendas took priority over everything else.

Avengers had one race swap but considering Nick fury was based off the Ultimate comic version which was released in 2001 I'm not sure if that even counts. Compare that to Eternals where they race/ gender swapped half the cast? It failed miserably.

House of the Dragon is a good show but the race swaps do effectively make it worse. Seeing black people play the " oldest family" in a fictional European nation really makes no sense and seeing a black family with bleach blonde hair looks ridiculous. They are literally the worst part of the show and really the only thing that's wrong with it. It's simply a bad casting and from a rating perspective it is still know where near as popular as Game of thrones so the audience did seem to have a problem with it.

Deadpool had one minor race swap. Again a bad casting in an otherwise great movie.

This is what leftist do. They put as much agenda driven content as they can get away with and if the movie is still good they will say " see it doesn't matter" ! That attitude is exactly why they tried to get away with shit like " rings of power" , " Little mermaid" " Eternals" " The Marvels" etc... yet when they went all on on progressive agenda the shows tanked miserably because now evem the normies are aware of what's going on.

So what it boils down to is that you simply don't want black people in your favorite shows/movies. Gotcha!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

Anti-woke WH40K fans are some of the most devout. They worship a guy like he's The God Emperor, Donaldus J Trumpus, who also happens to embody each of the Gods of Chaos.

Trump has that whole Nurgle thing going for him with him shitting his pants whenever he fancies it and spreading Covid by pretending it's bo big deal leading to deaths of hundreds of thousands of 'Muricans, and reeking so bad he gets tossed out of fine dining establishments.

He has that whole Slaaneshian vibe from his decades of partying with Epstein raping underage girls and cheating on his wife with adult film stars and Playboy models and raping women in department store changing rooms and basically grabbing women by their pussies and "moving on them like a bitch".

He hasn't much been blessed by Khorne as much as he wishes. At best he can Tweet about his big button and yearns so bad for a military parade it hurts. But, he tries like an underdog, he really does, like Rudy from Rudy, if rhe world would just give him a chance.

And he has that whole Tzeentch thing aspiring to horde Forbidden knowledge with his treasure trove of classified documents.

No wonder the anti-woke WH40K fans wanna have his babies.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Robertos
@lamprey263 said:

Anti-woke WH40K fans are some of the most devout. They worship a guy like he's The God Emperor, Donaldus J Trumpus, who also happens to embody each of the Gods of Chaos.

Trump has that whole Nurgle thing going for him with him shitting his pants whenever he fancies it and spreading Covid by pretending it's bo big deal leading to deaths of hundreds of thousands of 'Muricans, and reeking so bad he gets tossed out of fine dining establishments.

He has that whole Slaaneshian vibe from his decades of partying with Epstein raping underage girls and cheating on his wife with adult film stars and Playboy models and raping women in department store changing rooms and basically grabbing women by their pussies and "moving on them like a bitch".

He hasn't much been blessed by Khorne as much as he wishes. At best he can Tweet about his big button and yearns so bad for a military parade it hurts. But, he tries like an underdog, he really does, like Rudy from Rudy, if rhe world would just give him a chance.

And he has that whole Tzeentch thing aspiring to horde Forbidden knowledge with his treasure trove of classified documents.

I'm glad the Dune fanbase is not psychotically political.

Major and vital characters once white turned black and hispanic. And not a peep, or at least I didn't see anyone cry like a little bitch like this WH40K stuff. Some of the best two films this decade.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1405 Posts

@robertos said:
@lamprey263 said:

I'm glad the Dune fanbase is not psychotically political.

Major and vital characters once white turned black and hispanic. And not a peep, or at least I didn't see anyone cry like a little bitch like this WH40K stuff. Some of the best two films this decade.

Because it doesn't go against decades of established lore, braking it. "psychotically political" is a fitting term for the radical ideologues you defend so feverishly. It is "identity politics" after all, nothing else. No artisitic reason, no artistic value. Everywhere. It isn't people being against changes and diversity. But to invade everything. Strikes me as quite narcessistic and psyochotic.

Yea, wow. White turned black and hispanic. 40k has a whole chapters of black skinned space marines, armies and bodyguards completely comprised of females, a gender neutral race, a non-binary deity etc... but that's not enough. Never enough. Psychotic indeed.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Robertos
@palasta said:
@robertos said:

Because it doesn't go against decades of established lore, braking it.

Sure it does. Seven decades, changed the race of the main character's father. Changed the race of the main character's love interest. Changed the entire look of Harkonnen, an entire clan (probably most similiar to this 40K fiasco). No one cared, because they aren't weirdos.

@palasta said:

"psychotically political" is a fitting term for the radical ideologues you defend so feverishly.

Ah yes. Merely telling you most people don't care about race/sex changes in fictional media (they don't) and that most people aren't this hyper political.....is psychotic? Not the people hopelessly crying and whining like a little kids over race/sex changes in fictional media?

Lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

No you really don't.

So what it boils down to is that you simply don't want black people in your favorite shows/movies. Gotcha!

They point to failures and say "See? I am vindicated!" why ignoring successes or things no one cares about, all the while saying how little they care about race until an opportunity to care in their way presents itself.

They also seem to believe that these concepts are mutually exclusive, or can't be held together at the same time. You can put forth an agenda and be a authentic or quality. X-Men was quite literally created to aid the civil rights movement of the 1960's, and is one of the most successful comics of all time to the point it can be considered American mythology.

This explains the constant, crippling cognitive dissonance that conservatives and worse experience these days. "No...NO NO NO! This can't be good! They changed this character's race, therefore it serves an agenda I disagree with! ARRRRRRGH MY BRAIN! It's....GOOD?! NO IT CAN"T BE! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!"

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Silentchief

@mrbojangles25 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:
@silentchief said:

No you really don't.

They point to failures and say "See? I am vindicated!" why ignoring successes or things no one cares about, all the while saying how little they care about race until an opportunity to care in their way presents itself.

They also seem to believe that these concepts are mutually exclusive, or can't be held together at the same time. You can put forth an agenda and be a authentic or quality. X-Men was quite literally created to aid the civil rights movement of the 1960's, and is one of the most successful comics of all time to the point it can be considered American mythology.

This explains the constant, crippling cognitive dissonance that conservatives and worse experience these days. "No...NO NO NO! This can't be good! They changed this character's race, therefore it serves an agenda I disagree with! ARRRRRRGH MY BRAIN! It's....GOOD?! NO IT CAN"T BE! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!"

It's amazing the lack of basic critical thinking from leftist on this issue or any issue for that matter.

X-Men were never created to aid the Civil rights movement. But that's a lie you have heard so many times you accept it as fact. Stan lee himself said" it was the furthest thing from his mind" but as time went people were drawing similarities between them and it became an allegory for prejudice. He was tired of coming up with original stories for how characters got their powers so he came up with the concept of Mutants. Up until the early 90's Magneto was just a basic cartoon villan until Chris Claremont took inspiration from Jewish leader Menachem Begin. So ironically the Xmen became a part of American mythology because it was created in a way that anyone could relate to it. And ironically enough it's main characters were not at all inspired by the American Civil rights movement. But if alternative facts help you cope have at it.

It's amazing how conservatives can call flops with 95% accuracy and leftist are still blaming Covid. Did it surprise you when the " Little Mermaid flopped " ? Or when the all female ghost Busters tanked? Or when" The Marvels " became the biggest flop in MCU history when conservatives called every one of these and you all continue to deny the reality that's apparent to everyone other than those in complete denial?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Silentchief
@robertos said:
@palasta said:
@robertos said:

Because it doesn't go against decades of established lore, braking it.

Sure it does. Seven decades, changed the race of the main character's father. Changed the race of the main character's love interest. Changed the entire look of Harkonnen, an entire clan (probably most similiar to this 40K fiasco). No one cared, because they aren't weirdos.

@palasta said:

"psychotically political" is a fitting term for the radical ideologues you defend so feverishly.

Ah yes. Merely telling you most people don't care about race/sex changes in fictional media (they don't) and that most people aren't this hyper political.....is psychotic? Not the people hopelessly crying and whining like a little kids over race/sex changes in fictional media?

Lol.

You care though. You defend it tooth and nail everytime it happened. Ironically enough all leftist do and the vast majority of the time it fails miserably because you are not a reliable demographic.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Robertos

@silentchief

Most of the MCU flops were due to poor writing, directing, and acting. I'm looking at the reviews for the MCU flops at both MC and RT as we speak and they mention quality, not race or gender.

In fact weren't all 3 The Marvels characters lore accurate for race and gender? The movie was just trash...

@silentchief said:

X-Men were never created to aid the Civil rights movement. But that's a lie you have heard so many times you accept it as fact. Stan lee himself said" it was the furthest thing from his mind" but as time went people were drawing similarities between them and it became an allegory for prejudice. He was tired of coming up with original stories for how characters got their powers so he came up with the concept of Mutants. Up until the early 90's Magneto was just a basic cartoon villan until Chris Claremont took inspiration from Jewish leader Menachem Begin

Nah. X-Men is pretty progressive media by the core themes and stories it revolves around. By the whole anti-woke logic X-Men 97' should have been a huge fumbling flop.

'X-Men '97' Executive Producer Beau DeMayo Reveals Series' Story Is Informed By His Experience As A Black Gay Man.

And I guess Stan Lee disagree with Stan Lee,

In 1966, Lee and his X-Men collaborator “King” Kirby again engaged with racial equality when they created Black Panther, a black superhero who was also the king of the fictional African nation Wakanda, an Afrofuturist wonderland of high-tech exceptionalism.

And two years later, in a Stan’s Soapbox column, Lee made his most explicit statement yet on civil rights and acceptance:

“Let’s lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today,” he wrote in December 1968. “[I]t’s totally irrational, patently insane to condemn an entire race—to despise an entire nation—to vilify an entire religion. Sooner or later, we must learn to judge each other on our own merits. Sooner or later, if a man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.”

“I loved that idea,” Lee told the Guardian in 2000, as the first X-Men movie hit theaters. ”It not only made them different, but it was a good metaphor for what was happening with the Civil Rights Movement in the country at that time.” -Stan Lee

And the whole civil rights metaphorthat ended up being the defining metaphor of the X-Men, did that come along in the first few issues?

"It came along the minute I thought of the X-Men and Professor X. I realized that I had that metaphor, which was great. It was given to me as a gift. Cause it made the stories more than just a good guy fighting a bad guy. -Stan Lee

Damn wokie sjw!

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

You care though. You defend it tooth and nail everytime it happened.

I would hardly calling it "defense" to say a movie's script, direct, editing, and/or acting were poor. 😂🤣 We are both bashing the same media, except we disagree on the reason on why they were bad.

I believe it's due to quality, and most reviews seem to support that. As does common sense.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Silentchief
@robertos said:

@silentchief

Most of the MCU flops were due to poor writing, directing, and acting. I'm looking at the reviews for the MCU flops at both MC and RT as we speak and they mention quality, not race or gender.

In fact weren't all 3 The Marvels characters lore accurate for race and gender? The movie was just trash...

@silentchief said:

X-Men were never created to aid the Civil rights movement. But that's a lie you have heard so many times you accept it as fact. Stan lee himself said" it was the furthest thing from his mind" but as time went people were drawing similarities between them and it became an allegory for prejudice. He was tired of coming up with original stories for how characters got their powers so he came up with the concept of Mutants. Up until the early 90's Magneto was just a basic cartoon villan until Chris Claremont took inspiration from Jewish leader Menachem Begin

Nah. X-Men is pretty progressive media by the core themes and stories it revolves around. By the whole anti-woke logic X-Men 97' should have been a huge fumbling flop.

'X-Men '97' Executive Producer Beau DeMayo Reveals Series' Story Is Informed By His Experience As A Black Gay Man.

And I guess Stan Lee disagree with Stan Lee,

In 1966, Lee and his X-Men collaborator “King” Kirby again engaged with racial equality when they created Black Panther, a black superhero who was also the king of the fictional African nation Wakanda, an Afrofuturist wonderland of high-tech exceptionalism.

And two years later, in a Stan’s Soapbox column, Lee made his most explicit statement yet on civil rights and acceptance:

“I loved that idea,” Lee told the Guardian in 2000, as the first X-Men movie hit theaters. ”It not only made them different, but it was a good metaphor for what was happening with the Civil Rights Movement in the country at that time.” -Stan Lee

And the whole civil rights metaphorthat ended up being the defining metaphor of the X-Men, did that come along in the first few issues?

"It came along the minute I thought of the X-Men and Professor X. I realized that I had that metaphor, which was great. It was given to me as a gift. Cause it made the stories more than just a good guy fighting a bad guy. -Stan Lee

Damn wokie sjw!

Nah, Stan was a salesman.

At one point in the interview, Lee said, “Now, take the X-Men. I was just originally trying to get an interesting group of characters with interesting powers and I thought it would make it twice as interesting if the public didn’t really like them that much and if they had a worry about their reception by the outside world.”

He continued, “Little by little I began getting mail saying how great it is that I’m doing these stories about bigotry and the evils of bigotry and so forth and race hatred. And I guess I was doing that, but I was doing it subconsciously. That wasn’t the main purpose.”

Looks like people saw that they wanted to see and then Stan ran with it. That's probably why X-Men is so much better than any of the trash people try to create today.

In another clip from the program, Lee addresses the idea the characters are an allegory for being representatives of the LGBTQ+ community.

He says, “No, it was the furthest thing from my mind.”

Lmao! Leftist always want to desperately see things in their worldview and Stan went with it 🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Silentchief

@robertos said:
@silentchief said:

You care though. You defend it tooth and nail everytime it happened.

I would hardly calling it "defense" to say a movie's script, direct, editing, and/or acting were poor. 😂🤣 We are both bashing the same media, except we disagree on the reason on why they were bad.

I believe it's due to quality, and most reviews seem to support that. As does common sense.

But you never answered the question. Rings of power was praised by critics universally " showing most are nothing more than useless shills. Yet rightwingers told you it would flop and it did. So why is that?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

It's amazing the lack of basic critical thinking from leftist on this issue or any issue for that matter.

X-Men were never created to aid the Civil rights movement. But that's a lie you have heard so many times you accept it as fact. Stan lee himself said" it was the furthest thing from his mind" but as time went people were drawing similarities between them and it became an allegory for prejudice. He was tired of coming up with original stories for how characters got their powers so he came up with the concept of Mutants. Up until the early 90's Magneto was just a basic cartoon villan until Chris Claremont took inspiration from Jewish leader Menachem Begin. So ironically the Xmen became a part of American mythology because it was created in a way that anyone could relate to it. And ironically enough it's main characters were not at all inspired by the American Civil rights movement. But if alternative facts help you cope have at it.

It's amazing how conservatives can call flops with 95% accuracy and leftist are still blaming Covid. Did it surprise you when the " Little Mermaid flopped " ? Or when the all female ghost Busters tanked? Or when" The Marvels " became the biggest flop in MCU history when conservatives called every one of these and you all continue to deny the reality that's apparent to everyone other than those in complete denial?

El oh el. You don't understand at all the message of the X-Men.