ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

The Ice bucket challenges I have seen people do on face book are pathetic, normally just a washing bowl of water (not ice) poured over them and it normally misses them too.

Also on the videos I have seen not a lot of people even mention ALS or try to spread any awareness or even donate.

For my video I will nominate everyone one of my Facebook Friends who has done the challenge but didn't mention ALS or donate to do it again.

I will also donate to ALS and provide link in comments for others to donate.

So I'm in the phase of thinking of an idea to make my ice bucket challenge more worth while, so can you give me ideas to make it more harsh, funny entertaining, creative etc.

MOD EDIT: Link Removed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@thehig1: You can always fill a bathtub with ice and go under for as long as you can XD

That's a whole lot of ice though, so you might want to reuse that water for something else afterwards =P

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@korvus: Holy cow that would be cold too, I'll put that in the maybe pile.

Were I work I can take as much Ice as I need, so I could fill the bath with ICE!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@thehig1: Hey, you asked for cold and harsh...I delivered XD

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Ice bucket mixed with horse shit.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

This reminds me very much of a challenge that was viral back in February-March; there was this Facebook/Twitter phenomenon here in Norway (I guess other places too?). In February-March, it is still very much winter in Norway and hence; very cold (atleast in the north). I don't know the proper source, or from where it started, but it went something like this:

-A person would get nominated to take a plunge/a bath/a dive into any body of water located outside, preferably a lake, the ocean, or river.

-the person would perform the ice-cold stunt, then nominate people to do the same within 24 hours.

-If they didn't do the stunt, they should donate money to any charitable cause, though I guess no-one HAD to do anything, right?

-Things started to change when people asked for beer/money instead of money being donated.

-This mutated and lost the motivation of the event -- people became obsessed with beer and eventually all traces of good-will was removed from the challenge. I saw some people that kept true to the original formula, but it's a shame that the original message didn't come across at the end.

I don't know if this happened in USA, though I am unaware of the water temperature in the US in Feb-Mar-April -- maybe it wouldn't be so bad at certain places? If not, this is a blatent rip-off of this "scheme".

As for the funny idea:

-you could be all cocky (since your already donating); sit by a table (assuming your filming this?), ,fill out a check or something, then stretch your arm off-screen and pull a bucket filled with ice and a champagne bottle in it. Pop the cork, fill a glass and take a sip then utter: "boy, that's cold" or some other wise-crack :p

-you could "fake" an "ice-bucket mine field" where you are blind folded and have to get across a path filled with ice-cold buckets of water. The surprise is that when your done and "safe", a couple of your mates can deck you with all the buckets you just side-stepped.

-You could take a plunge in an ice-cold body of water, like the Norway-challenge, but are there any cold places to bathe right ow? :p

-You could stand in teh shower while a friend of yours flushes the toilet...lol. American entertainment has taught me that this is pretty cold :p

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 GeekInkINC
Member since 2014 • 206 Posts

I'm sure the children of Africa would enjoy watching these videos if they had smart phones and water to waste lol.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Sorry, but self-promoting threads aren't allowed...even if its for a good cause.