• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I wanna ask what kind of relationship people have towards it, and what the society you live in relate to it. I myself don't drink, and i am tired of people forcing me to drink. I have nothing against people having a good time with alchohol, but it just isn't for me

Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts

I like to drink socially. I sometimes have a beer with dinner or something. I really do love beer haha. But I don't drink all that much as I like to keep healthy. Anyway, alcohol is good.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

I´m danish. My relationship to alcohol is by cultural predefinition hedonistic to say the least.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

As a raging alchoholic, I love the stuff. Well they ask me why I am drunk all the time. It levels my head and eases my mind. I just walk along and stroll and sing. I see better days and do better things. Like catch dinosaurs. Ya know what I mean.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride
do any of you force anyone to drink?
4445joseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 4445joseph
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts

Wow, people are forcing you to drink? Isn't forcing people to do things against their will a crime in your country?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride
woops, wrong choice of words, i meant making me. Anyway i always say no anyway
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Social drinking within reason leads to a good time. There are some meals that are just enhanced by beer as well. Last night I went out to an all-you-can-eat chicken wing buffet with some buds and hada Yuengling. Beer and wings are just mates.
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts
I hardly drink anymore now that I am married and a father, I only do if I just get the Coors Light craving... other than that I wouldn't worry about it... some people just drink cause everyone else is... if you don't feel like drinking don't do it, just make your own decisions and stop letting other people make them for you...
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

do any of you force anyone to drink?The_Last_Ride

No, i´m not that psychopathic.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58500 Posts

I love beer. I make beer. Beer is a science and an art, just like cooking. Its one of the few things I hold dear in this world

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'm not 21 yet, so I haven't drank at all.

Even if I were 21, though, I don't see myself caring about beer that much. I might drink it at special occasions, like parties or whatever, but probably not on a daily basis.

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

here tc. sit down, have a scotch and tell me your problems. let's see if we can figure out why you don't like to drink when all your peers are doing it. here have another...no, no I insist it's on my tab so don't feel guilty. so you say that your just not that into drinking huh? well after you finish your second scotch we will look into your past and try to uncover why this may be. your father used to drink heavily...that's a shame. you lost a loved one to a dui accident. well i really feel bad for you. maybe you shouldn't be drinking then. how about one more before you hit the road. now i feel that we have a better understanding on why your against drinking, but next week we will need to figure out why your so susceptible to peer pressure:P

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

I drink occasionally, once every two months maybe. I don't really mind alcohol, but the drunks you see downtown can be a little annoying. The worst thing about my country is that we finance their drinking. :P

The U.S. is funny when it comes to alcohol. I was in Los Angeles last summer and we went to a restaurant. When I eat out I like to drink a beer or two. So I order a beer along with the food and the waitress wants to see my ID. I hand it to her and she says "Oh, sorry you can't have a beer". Then I remember that the age restriction is 21 years.

I make a remark to my sister's boyfriend who is American since we discuss the gun laws sometimes. "So I can own a shotgun, but I can't have a beer?"

He says: "Yeah, welcome to America" I laughed a little

The next day we go to a shooting range and shoot some guns. A lot of fun.

My point is that a lot of Americans frown upon alcohol and have a higher age restriction on that than on weapons, which I find a little funny. :D However, alcohol does impair your judgement and should be handled responsibly.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 muthsera666
My point is that a lot of Americans frown upon alcohol and have a higher age restriction on that than on weapons, which I find a little funny. :D However, alcohol does impair your judgement and should be handled responsibly.--Thomas--
And that is exactly why alcohol has a higher age restriction than guns. Something that impacts judgement to the degree of alcohol requires more understanding. If people are taught safe gun practices from a young age, there are less chances for something to happen. I think I got a shotgun when I was around twelve or so.
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

I'm not an alcoholic, I just love to get drunk. I drink about 3 or 4 times a month to get drunk, and very often I'll just have a beer (typically while watching football, hockey or UFC).

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

i use to not drink and never wanted too but then i turned 21 and decided i would try it to see what it was like. BAM its so fun wow. I drink it every weekend its really fun. If i had not started to drink i would not have made the new 12 friends ive made from parties or had near as many hook ups from parties aswell. good stuff drink up u wont regret it.

if u dnt wanna be hungover hears the secret : http://thewineguyblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-not-be-hung-over.html

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

[QUOTE="--Thomas--"]My point is that a lot of Americans frown upon alcohol and have a higher age restriction on that than on weapons, which I find a little funny. :D However, alcohol does impair your judgement and should be handled responsibly.muthsera666
And that is exactly why alcohol has a higher age restriction than guns. Something that impacts judgement to the degree of alcohol requires more understanding. If people are taught safe gun practices from a young age, there are less chances for something to happen. I think I got a shotgun when I was around twelve or so.

I'm not criticizing the fact that you have a 21 year age restriction on alcohol. What I'm criticizing is the liberal view on guns. As you stated, it is necessary for a child to be educated thoroughly when it comes to guns if guns are common in a society. What I don't see as necessary is the ownership of one.

Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
I drink a lot but I have never nor will I ever get drunk. When I feel tipsy I just stop drinking and get something to eat. The community in uni around me love the stuff, but the society around me in general aren't big fans of it.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

i used to go out and get "wasted" every weekend drinking stupid amounts of Vodka(or if i was tight in money for the week,Beer) , after a few years of basically doing that i realised what a waste of time and money it has been. and haven't got drunk or felt like drinking in about 6 months. it just stopped one day :P

i wouldn't ever have said i had a problem, since i wasn't addicted and only ever drank on weekends, but there really wasn't anything else to do other than go to the pub with my mates... (where im from anyway, small city's ftl)

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy it...it is like a great companion (there only when you want/need them to be) I drink and get drunk on a weekly basis Based on my bar tabs, I would say that it is a big part of my social activities But I don't have to drink, there have been times when I have gone a couple months without it -though they were not the most enjoyable ;)
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 heysharpshooter

I seriously don't believe nobody caught my first post. Nobody must read my posts at all... I am sad:cry:

On topic, alchohol has been around for thousands of years, and people love to drink. I don't see anything wrong with it as long you can keep it under control.

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

I seriously don't believe nobody caught my first post. Nobody must read my posts at all... I am sad:cry:

On topic, alchohol has been around for thousands of years, and people love to drink. I don't see anything wrong with it as long you can keep it under control.

heysharpshooter
its O.T you think we can read :o um, i tried kina to reply to your post...but i gave up :P
Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

heysharpshooter

Slavery was around a couple thousand years too! And the ones on top loved it! : D

I don't see anything wrong as long as you keep them under control.

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

read my post and i'll read yours;)

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Well over here, wine is quite popular. But I dont like the taste of it at all. In fact I dont like the taste of many popular drinks: beer, vodka, whisky, wine etc

I prefer sweet drinks.

But even so, I rarely drink because I just dont "crave" to drink.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="--Thomas--"]My point is that a lot of Americans frown upon alcohol and have a higher age restriction on that than on weapons, which I find a little funny. :D However, alcohol does impair your judgement and should be handled responsibly.--Thomas--

I'm not criticizing the fact that you have a 21 year age restriction on alcohol. What I'm criticizing is the liberal view on guns. As you stated, it is necessary for a child to be educated thoroughly when it comes to guns if guns are common in a society. What I don't see as necessary is the ownership of one.

And I don't see the necessity of owning a 52" 1080p plasma television. I like to shoot guns. My form of entertainment is just as valid as yours (well, not necessarily yours).
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 heysharpshooter

[QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

Dystopian-X

Slavery was around a couple thousand years too! And the ones on top loved it! : D

I don't see anything wrong as long as you keep them under control.

Your joking right? There is a big differnece between owning another human being and having a drink. That is completely ridiculous.

heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 heysharpshooter

sAndroid17

its O.T you think we can read :o um, i tried kina to reply to your post...but i gave up :P

Clue: Its a reference to something awesome.

I don't care if people read my posts most of the time, but I thought that one was clever, and I thought someone might catch it... or at least noticed it rhymes.

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Your joking right? There is a big differnece between owning another human being and having a drink. That is completely ridiculous.

heysharpshooter

Here I am being nice, noticing and replying to your posts and I get called ridiculous. Hmph the neverve of some ppl! >:[

heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 heysharpshooter

Dystopian-X

Here I am being nice, noticing and replying to your posts and I get called ridiculous. Hmph the neverve of some ppl! >:[

Well when you put it that way... I don't know how you turned this around on me, but you did. I am pwned.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I think Im starting to drink far too much. Im thinking of applying for a personal licence to run a pub so its something Im going to have to take in to consideration.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I generally have a beer or two a day. Love it. :)

heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 heysharpshooter

Pirate700

I never understood this. Do you get drunk, or just like the taste. I really don't like the taste of alchohol, although I drink a lot.

Actually, I guess you are the smart one, not always drinking to get hammered.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

heysharpshooter

I never understood this. Do you get drunk, or just like the taste. I really don't like the taste of alchohol, although I drink a lot.

Actually, I guess you are the smart one, not always drinking to get hammered.

Do I get drunk off a couple of beers? lol Anyway, I just love beer. Love the tast and the alc. is an added bonus. I just enjoy to have a couple of beers at night and watch TV. Very relaxing.:)

Mark_the_Lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mark_the_Lie
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

I'm Irish, and I grew up with my dad making me taste test his home-brewed beer, and my mom urging to drink at least a glass of wine everyday. That began when I was in about 5th grade and continues into the present, so yeah...

I'm all about getting hammered with some good friends. I'm 27, and I doubt my drinking habits will ever change.

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts
It's a good for having a little extra fun but should never be a requirement for fun and as with everything, too much can be a terrible thing.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
I drink socially and sometimes when I eat Ill have a beer. The thing is though I drink a ton of different types of beers. Im constantly going to binnys and looking at a different ber each time. So sure I buy a lot of beer, but thats because I like a lot of different beers.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
Drink everyday, i almost never get drunk but i drink everyday.
Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
you spelled alcolol wrong
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
YEAARRRRRR let's get drunk !! what was the question?
Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts

I love beer, but I've never been drunk, and don't intend to get drunk either.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
i drink socially and at home sometimes, though rarely get ---faced anymore...
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

Never drank it and I never plan to drink it in the future, let alone get drunk.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

I have no respect for people who get drunk.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
I drink a bit,see nothing wrong with it. But I do not think i or anyone else should have influence on if someone else drinks.Peer pressure like that is bad.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 muthsera666

howlrunner13
That's unfortunate. You've lost out on some great friendships that way.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts
I will drink if it is a party... And I will not drink it to get drunk.
howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

[QUOTE="howlrunner13"]

muthsera666

That's unfortunate. You've lost out on some great friendships that way.

No, I wouldn't. I would never be friends with people, or want to be friends with people like that.