Afghan Militants Massacre People in UN HQ after Terry Jones Quran Burning.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

Source 1

According to Times, "The first thing that you need to know about the massacre of 12 people that took place in Afghanistan today is that Mazar-e-Sharif is not a particularly radical town. It is not Pashtun, it is not Taliban."

The dead included at least seven United Nations workers — four Nepalese guards and three Europeans from Romania, Sweden and Norway — according to United Nations officials in New York. One was a woman. Early reports, later denied by Afghan officials, said that at least two of the dead had been beheaded. Five Afghans were also killed.

Madness!! At least 12 people who weren't even related to him died for nothing.

Edit: Some posters seem have gotten the idea that I'm trying to take the blame off the terrorists; I'm not.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Thanks for proving terry jones correct.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Espada12
Thanks for making another generalization.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Nibroc420

Thanks for making another generalization.

How did I make a generalization?

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Can't blame Terry Jones thats just dumb! I don't care if he burned the Quaran, muslims need to get over it, like really lets kill 7 people who have nothing to do with this, because were mad someone burned a book we really care about. A bunch of immature babies whoever protested and caused the deaths of these people.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Wait for it...wait for it... Both sides are idiots. What a tweest.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

Can't blame Terry Jones thats just dumb! I don't care if he burned the Quaran, muslims need to get over it, like really lets kill 7 people who have nothing to do with this, because were mad someone burned a book we really care about. A bunch of immature babies whoever protested and caused the deaths of these people.

RAGINGxPONY
He didn't have to burn it. Everyone knows that those people are like that, there was no point to prove.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Burning the Quran means nothing. Muslims themselves burn the Quran when it is damaged out of respect.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RAGINGxPONY

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

th3warr1or

He didn't have to burn it. Everyone knows that those people are like that, there was no point to prove.

Yeah so they just proved his point pretty much.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nibroc420

Burning the Quran means nothing. Muslims themselves burn the Quran when it is damaged out of respect.

TehFuneral

But burning a new one out of disrespect is idiotic. However I'd like to know HOW they found out about this so quickly. Book gets burned in Florida, and somehow the Afghan people found out? Who told them?!

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the dude wanted this... "In an appalling eight-minute video posted online, Jones appeared dressed as a judge presiding over a five-hour mock trial of the Koran."

Another situation where religious matters take another life. Who's surprised? not me.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Espada12

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

th3warr1or

Everyone knows people would kill random foreigners if a random guy burns copies of their religious text.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

I don't really know the entire story behind Terry Jones but if he wants to burn the Quran then he has the freedom to do so. It's not his fault that innocent people died, it's the religious extremists faults for being disgusting barbaric animals.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

Espada12

Everyone knows people would kill random foreigners if a random guy burns copies of their religious text.

Solution: Burn religious texts to inspire terrorists.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Terry Jones is scum, but this is another example of the barbarity of political Islam. The fact that a reaction like this is to be expected is just beyond absurd.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 coolbeans90

I don't really know the entire story behind Terry Jones but if he wants to burn the Quran then he has the freedom to do so. It's not his fault that innocent people died, it's the religious extremists faults for being disgusting barbaric animals.

XileLord

Terry Jones did it claiming that this would happen. The man is despicable.

redwolf22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 redwolf22
Member since 2008 • 1192 Posts

The only thing I hate in this world is acts of ignorance and cruelty fuelled by religion. And I mean hate as in true hate.

The Taliban are claiming responsibility, with some people claiming they used the protests as cover to attack the UN, or that they riled up the crowds themselves to attack the UN.

Still, despite12 deaths, I do not hold Terry Jones fully responsible. To do that skirts the issue entirely. I hold the easily provoked religious views responsible.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Espada12

coolbeans90

If they are a terrorist they are already inspired. I don't see why his right to burn the books should be infringed just because someone continents away from him will get mad. They only proved his point, these people aren't taliban, they aren't terrorists, they are random people who killed other random people because they were mad a guy continents away burned a copy of a book they cherish. They make Islam look like a violent religion, something muslims in America and everywhere else have been trying to avoid. Why must these select group of muslims constantly give people like Terry Jones fuel to continue their anti-muslim propaganda?

I bet a bible burning could happen and guess what? No one is going to get decapitated over it.

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TehFuneral

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

Nibroc420

But burning a new one out of disrespect is idiotic. However I'd like to know HOW they found out about this so quickly. Book gets burned in Florida, and somehow the Afghan people found out? Who told them?!

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the dude wanted this... "In an appalling eight-minute video posted online, Jones appeared dressed as a judge presiding over a five-hour mock trial of the Koran."

Another situation where religious matters take another life. Who's surprised? not me.

It is idiotic, and it undoubtlly will fuel anger from the other side. His act was not considered friendly in our world and it is only natural for violence to rise.

Killing innocent people is forbidden, As a muslim, i condemn the acts of killing innocent people.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

TehFuneral

It is idiotic, and it undoubtlly will fuel anger from the other side. His act was not considered friendly in our world and it is only natural for violence to rise.

Killing innocent people is forbidden, As a muslim, i condemn the acts of killing innocent people.

Yes, but in a world without religion. One wouldn't have any "Sacred book" which when you burn it it means we should all freak out and go on some rampage.

No-one cares if i burn "Goldilocks and the 3 bears" I dont see how the Quran is any different, then again i dont believe in "Sacred books"

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RAGINGxPONY

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

TehFuneral

That's wrong, and maybe you guys need to do something about it, because it shouldn't be natural for violence to rise just because someone burned your book.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] But burning a new one out of disrespect is idiotic. However I'd like to know HOW they found out about this so quickly. Book gets burned in Florida, and somehow the Afghan people found out? Who told them?!

RAGINGxPONY

That's wrong, and maybe you guys need to do something about it, because it shouldn't be natural for violence to rise just because someone burned your book.

HAHA you're kidding right? Muslim extremists attack us at 9/11. and some pastor thinks it's ok for him to broadcast him burning their most sacred text? He's asking for bloodshed. There's extremists in every religion, and this pastor decided that he had something to prove.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TehFuneral

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] But burning a new one out of disrespect is idiotic. However I'd like to know HOW they found out about this so quickly. Book gets burned in Florida, and somehow the Afghan people found out? Who told them?!

RAGINGxPONY

As i said before, burning the Quran is a sign of discourtsey and enmity. It raises hatred and therefore undirectly and wrongfully - violence. I also said before burning the Quran does not mean anything. It does not shake us. People should not kill and blood should not be shed because of it. Sadly, it does.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Espada12

If they are a terrorist they are already inspired. I don't see why his right to burn the books should be infringed just because someone continents away from him will get mad. They only proved his point, these people aren't taliban, they aren't terrorists, they are random people who killed other random people because they were mad a guy continents away burned a copy of a book they cherish. They make Islam look like a violent religion, something muslims in America and everywhere else have been trying to avoid. Why must these select group of muslims constantly give people like Terry Jones fuel to continue their anti-muslim propaganda?

I bet a bible burning could happen and guess what? No one is going to get decapitated over it.

If they were already inspired to commit these actions, he didn't make a point as the status-quo was left unchanged. I'm not saying that the right to burn a book should be taken away by any means, I'm just saying that the man is a complete asshat for deliberately causing violent reactions upon innocent people, regardless of the absurdity of the motives of the terrorists.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

If they were already inspired to commit these actions, he didn't make a point as the status-quo was left unchanged. I'm not saying that the right to burn a book should be taken away by any means, I'm just saying that the man is a complete asshat for deliberately causing violent reactions upon innocent people, regardless of the absurdity of the motives of the terrorists.

+1 I finally agree with this you on something xD
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Nibroc420

+1 I finally agree with this you on something xD

I think there was some common ground in the violence/power thread as well. =P

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Espada12

coolbeans90

While that is true, ultimately the blame rests on the shoulders of the new found extremists rather than his. I place blame where blame is deserved, terry jones did not kill those people.

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts
terry jones was a ****ing tard for burning it when he knew that some people were this radical about there religion the people who did this are ****ing tards just for the sake of being ****ing tards for caring this much... good job everyone in this thread wins but thats ok because it will devolve into another religious/and or political mess drivel like every other god damn gamespot thread
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RAGINGxPONY

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

Nibroc420

HAHA you're kidding right? Muslim extremists attack us at 9/11. and some pastor thinks it's ok for him to broadcast him burning their most sacred text? He's asking for bloodshed. There's extremists in every religion, and this pastor decided that he had something to prove.

No i'm not kidding. It's immature, childish and stupid as **** to go kill innocent people because your upset that someone half way around the world burned your holy book. And the protesters are dumb as **** aswell IMO, because it's not like the president of america burned the Quaran it was just some random pastor who hates Islam, but no they gotta go around chanting death to america and acting like a bunch of babies. Lol there a bunch of idiots thats what they are IMO.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Espada12

While that is true, ultimately the blame rests on the shoulders of the new found extremists rather than his. I place blame where blame is deserved, terry jones did not kill those people.

Blame need not necessarily lay on a single party. Yeah, the extremists actually killed people. Terry Jones intentionally motivated them. Of course those who actually commit the crime are more culpable, and it's unfortunate that burning a religious text can incite this sort of travesty. Nevertheless, Terry Jones, had he not chosen to burn the Qu'ran with in mind that people would die as a result, would have not needlessly cost those lives. He was in essence a perpetraitor.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

RAGINGxPONY

No i'm not kidding. It's immature, childish and stupid as **** to go kill innocent people because your upset that someone half way around the world burned your holy book. And the protesters are dumb as **** aswell IMO, because it's not like the president of america burned the Quaran it was just some random pastor who hates Islam, but no they gotta go around chanting death to america and acting like a bunch of babies. Lol there a bunch of idiots thats what they are IMO.

You take a group of people who have recently shown just how far their extremists will go. Then you take their holy book, call everyone of that religion a devil worshiper and proceed to broadcast the burning of said holy book. It's pretty clear what your intent is. The pastor was OBVIOUSLY trying to get a result such as this. He was warned in the past, as he was going to burn it on 9/11. IMHO the burning of this book with his negative intent shows just how negative BOTH religions can get. I don't know what religion this pastor belongs to, but he needs to realize that he cannot do these things.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

Blame need not necessarily lay on a single party. Yeah, the extremists actually killed people. Terry Jones intentionally motivated them. Of course those who actually commit the crime are more culpable, and it's unfortunate that burning a religious text can incite this sort of travesty. Nevertheless, Terry Jones, had he not chosen to burn the Qu'ran with in mind that people would die as a result, would have not needlessly cost those lives. He was in essence a perpetraitor.

Regardless of that there's still the terrible lingering thought that quite a few muslims (not saying all or even alot here) have the mentality of "don't do anything that angers me or I'll kill people". Which once again portrays islam as violent. I have many muslim friends and when things like this happen they can't do anything but sigh. Fortunately we are more accepting here than many other places, so we don't take it on but you can see how the perception that Islam is violent can be had.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I guess they couldn't find any Americans that weren't heavily armed.

Wow.. F*** you Terry Jones.

th3warr1or

I was thinking more, "F*** the Muslims who killed those people."

TehFuneral

Same thing with American flags. People still get pissed about that, though. You gotta burn things a certain way.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RAGINGxPONY

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

Nibroc420

You take a group of people who have recently shown just how far their extremists will go. Then you take their holy book, call everyone of that religion a devil worshiper and proceed to broadcast the burning of said holy book. It's pretty clear what your intent is. The pastor was OBVIOUSLY trying to get a result such as this. He was warned in the past, as he was going to burn it on 9/11. IMHO the burning of this book with his negative intent shows just how negative BOTH religions can get. I don't know what religion this pastor belongs to, but he needs to realize that he cannot do these things.

I agree Terry Jones is an idiot for sure. But what makes me so outraged is the fact that people actually take this idiot seriously and protest and cause deaths over it. I can see if it was the President of America who went on TV and burned the Quaran, but no it's just some random pastor who wanted attention and got it. So basically if any random person burns the quaran muslims are going to have to protest over it? Ridiculous!

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

There are extremists everywhere in life; Terry Jones himself is an extremist. I don't think he can be blamed for it solely, clearly those who decided to rampage and kill several UN workers are mainly to blame. What was to accomplish from killing them? Oh they're white and non-muslim, lets take it out on them. Not very logical.However, burning the Koran is very disrespectful and was obviously going to provoke action so some blame lies with him.

The problem with religion is it incites most world conflicts to some degree and thus i'd say it causes more problems than benefits but at the same time it's important to people. I'm not religious, i don't consider myself religious but i've founded my morals on religion.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Espada12

RAGINGxPONY

I agree Terry Jones is an idiot for sure. But what makes me so outraged is the fact that people actually take this idiot seriously and protest and cause deaths over it. I can see if it was the President of America who went on TV and burned the Quaran, but no it's just some random pastor who wanted attention and got it. So basically if any random person burns the quaran muslims are going to have to protest over it? Ridiculous!

I think what's worse is that the president of afghanistan and the highest religious person in the country brought up the terry jones subject (thus alerting the public) and called for him to be prosecuted.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Regardless of that there's still the terrible lingering thought that quite a few muslims (not saying all or even alot here) have the mentality of "don't do anything that angers me or I'll kill people". Which once again portrays islam as violent. I have many muslim friends and when things like this happen they can't do anything but sigh. Fortunately we are more accepting here than many other places, so we don't take it on but you can see how the perception that Islam is violent can be had.

There are some Islamic extremists who are quite easily butthurt, and that is unfortunate. No disagreement there.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Palantas

...the president of afghanistan and the highest religious person in the country brought up the terry jones subject...and called for him to be prosecuted.

Espada12

Huh? In America? On what basis?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nibroc420

RAGINGxPONY

Well it's not so much that he just burned it. He made a public spectacle about it back in 9/11 when the president himself suggested he didn't.

Terry jones decided it wasn't respectful to do it around 9/11 but now it seems it was just postponed. Obviously the people who attacked the UN workers are at fault, they seriously over-reacted. However Terry Jones was made aware that this could happen if he decided to burn it, and yet he chose to anyways.

If doing X will ultimately cause Y reaction, and Y = people dying. Then what kind of idiot goes out and decides to do X?

EDIT: Terry Jones decided it was a good idea to broadcast this online for everyone to see. If He had done it just in his backyard, i'm sure the people in Afghganistan wouldn't have known. It was broadcast for a reason, and it wasn't the best reason.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

...the president of afghanistan and the highest religious person in the country brought up the terry jones subject...and called for him to be prosecuted.

Palantas

Huh? In America? On what basis?

"He angered us" is pretty much the only basis I got from that. It's in the video on the third link.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Palantas

If doing X will ultimately cause Y reaction, and Y = people dying. Then what kind of idiot goes out and decides to do X?

Nibroc420

X didn't cause Y in any practical sense. A bunch of people decided to do Y. They weren't tricked into Y, or coerced into Y, or paid to do Y. They decided to do it on their own reason with their own means.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Espada12

EDIT: Terry Jones decided it was a good idea to broadcast this online for everyone to see. If He had done it just in his backyard, i'm sure the people in Afghganistan wouldn't have known. It was broadcast for a reason, and it wasn't the best reason.

Nibroc420

You sure about that? In the third link of that article here's a funny tidbit.

"The year before, a one-paragraph item inNewsweekalleging that guards at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, had flushed a Koran down the toilet set off three days of riots that left 14 people dead in Afghanistan."

_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
It sickens me how people are so afraid of Islam. While I have no respect for Terry Jones, and personally I think he is scum, he has the right to burn a Quran just like any other holy book can be defaced and destroyed in the US. It is ridiculous how Islam is made out to be such an untouchable religion.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Both parties at fault.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Palantas

It sickens me how people are so afraid of Islam. While I have no respect for Terry Jones, and personally I think he is scum, he has the right to burn a Quran just like any other holy book can be defaced and destroyed in the US. It is ridiculous how Islam is made out to be such an untouchable religion._Doomsayer_

Yeah, "untouchable" in the sense that you should cave in to terrorism and do what extremists want, like some people in this thread are suggesting. On that note, in the interest of not bending over to terrorism, I present my drawing of the prophet Muhammed:

Censored

Oh, I had to block out most of it, because when I posted it without the "Censored," I got moderated.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Censored

Oh, I had to block out most of it, because when I posted it without the "Censored," I got moderated.

Palantas

I dont get your point here?

its not like OT or the gamespot forums have rules. I am sure you could have posted this on another website.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Who Is Terry Jones?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="_Doomsayer_"]It sickens me how people are so afraid of Islam. While I have no respect for Terry Jones, and personally I think he is scum, he has the right to burn a Quran just like any other holy book can be defaced and destroyed in the US. It is ridiculous how Islam is made out to be such an untouchable religion.Palantas

Yeah, "untouchable" in the sense that you should cave in to terrorism and do what extremists want, like some people in this thread are suggesting. On that note, in the interest of not bending over to terrorism, I present my drawing of the prophet Muhammed:

Censored

I think what terrorists want more than anything is for ignorant Americans to keep doing things like burning a Koran so that they can keep spewing their propaganda and recruiting people to their cause with examples of such behavior. This isn't about doing what you want, this about having at least a minimal level of respect for a religion and having the common sense to know that if you provoke people simply out of hatred and ignorance that they will probably respond in kind. Did the Koran really need to be burned? What would have happened if it had not been burned? Nothing, no speech that wasn't already out there would have been repressed, there would have been no killings, everybody would have been fine and happy. Terry Jones did this simply to provoke, well congratualtions, he provoked.

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

Wait for it...wait for it... Both sides are idiots. What a tweest.Ace6301
You can't really compare the burning of a book with the murder of 12 people.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Palantas

I dont get your point here? its not like OT or the gamespot forums have rules. I am sure you could have posted this on another website.

Led_poison

Looks like we'll get along great, 'cause I don't understand a thing in your post:

1. Are you asking me if you don't get my point?
  2. The GameSpot forums do have rules.
  3. Yes, I could have posted that on other websites. Obviously.

I'm entirely unclear as to what your point is, and what you're wanting from me.