advice from 3d modeller or designer needed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dibooda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dibooda
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts

Hello to anyone that would care to help a lost teen. I'm actually 17 and I have the intention to "study" in the 3D "modeling" or "designing" and I was wondering if someone knew about a program that can do both and could show me how to make use of it effectively.i got a budget of 5000$ for such program but I'm not certain which one would be better.

Big thanks to anyone that will answer.

P.S:Just so you know,I'm french so the spelling may be weird...

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
For modeling look into Maya. Thats what a lot of game studios use to do character animation and modeling. There are all sorts out there. Look into z-brush too, but thats more for adding fine details to existing models. A lot of studios, including the one I work for use 3D studio max for most of our CGI rendering and lighting. Most of our work is automotive, so we get the models from our clients, but maya is what our modelers use when we have to create something from scratch. If you get a software package, make sure it comes with the tutorial booklet and DVD. Mayas tutorial book is good for beginners and will teach you enough to get started. Also, look at some internet tutorial sites. I used Tutorialized.com when I was still learning 3Dsmax. You can pick up a lot of good tricks on that site. Good luck :)