lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lucianocasanova
Member since 2014 • 813 Posts

A world without negativity. What could it be like? A world without things such as

-Bullying

-Trolling

-Vioence

-Corruption

-Racism

-Hatred

-Arrogance

-School

And anything else negative. I heard too much time stress-free can be really bad it can also get boring at times. But what do you think?

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Sounds boring. I like a bit of chaos in the world even if I hate some of the products that comes along with it (Nitpicking trivial things like skin color or sexual orientation...)

I like to think chaos is the world natural way of keeping things in order. Without it and if everyone completely stop killing each other over spilled milk, then we'll definitely end up having population issues sooner rather than much later along with impending resource problems in many parts of the world...

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

This reminds me of one of my classes I have. It's small (less than ten people) but the subject of problems came up and I was the only one to wish that there were no problems in the world. I don't know what they're all smoking but okay. I've heard from somewhere that humans are addicted to problems, which baffles me as well.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamerguru100

I think it's a little selfish to say the world would be boring without problems considering many problems cause people varying degrees of suffering. So the world would be boring without problems? So fucking what? The world would be a much better place without problems. If the world is so addicted to problems, then why even bother trying to solve them, or even calling problems "problems"?

Logic. There is none.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

One day, don't worry. Hehe =]

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

Everything zen, everything zen? I don't think so. It would be against our nature. As living organisms we have to consume other living organisms to survive and compete for those resources be they plant or animal. We can better relate with an animal and better understand their fear and pain as their passing from the world sustains another life form but make no mistake you are alive right now because another organism has had its life force extinguished to sustain you. As multi-celled organisms we also have to compete for parters to reproduce and that is hardly a situation where the most passive and non-aggressive would propagate the most.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

"imagine it"

I am. Sounds like a world devoid of freedom and critical thinking.

Conflict exists because we're alive.

An unfortunate reality at times, but is also what allows us to change and grow as a species. The image of a peaceful utopia that people think about is nothing but a fantasy, and would realistically only be possible in a government that had absolute control over its people and forced everyone to conform to a single ideal (as having opposing views is the very definition of conflict).

Would not be the most fun of places.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

A world without religion may be better

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@lucianocasanova

A world without negativity would be awful, because a lot of progress revolves around feelings of negativity. For example, I hate seeing sickness and disease hurt people, so I dedicate my life to finding cures for diseases. Or I hate having to walk all over the place, so I domesticate the horse and use it to carry me around.

The fact is that negativity is in large part one of the things that allows us to recognize problems and then get up off our asses in order to solve those problems. A lack of negativity would only be beneficial in a world that doesn't have any problems. And I'm sorry, but having a positive outlook doesn't suddenly stop the tigers from trying to eat you.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@lucianocasanova: reminds me of John Lennon's Imagine...it's hard to live with problems,it's even harder to live without one.

you can't escape from it as easily as one might think it is, and you see,temptation and negativity exist for a reason,for example,how to make things positive a reality..negative perception and deeds are to be faced,so that it might give a chance to work the brighter side. the light is bright,but doesn't mean it will shine forever,there are those who rely on darkness to do things,and those that do not. no problem is solved if it's all good from the beginning...do you know how a friendship got started? ugly start,and in the end,it will be beautiful,refer this to a butterfly life cycle if you wanted to believe me.

when I was a kid,a proverb taught me to be happy in the end. "you'll be happy someday after you faced the many hardship where-ever you are"

overall: having a positive world is a good idea,but that won't happen very quickly,just think of the mess politicians made,I wanted to be in their position,but I won't treat their job as a joke/satire material.

out-of-hand short rant: I live in a country that lacked international attention,despite it's large in size,even if the international media knew of it,only negative response are heard out of it,just ENOUGH! use both eyes,hands,and legs to work together..seeing this site is a U.S. made doesn't mean it's exclusively designed for Americans only,I stood as a representative to the country that needs international media attention.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

That sounds boring.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

A world without trolling is a world not worth living for.

Avatar image for lucianocasanova
lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lucianocasanova

@Master_Live said:

A world without trolling is a world not worth living for.

Trolling is a negative thing.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gamerguru100

Yup, people really are addicted to problems. The responses in this thread prove it.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

I get it. The world would be "boring" without problems, but a world without major problems like war, poverty, and disease would be light years better than right now, and if you think otherwise just because it would be boring, then **** you, **** you, **** YOU.

*ahem*

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I don't think we'd find it very boring if we were in a world like that, because it would be precisely because of the way we are that the world became such a positive place, meaning we were fine with it all along.

If the world naturally has negativity in it, I think it's because of the way we are.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

why the **** is school on your list?

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@garathe_den said:

A world without religion may be better

The cause of a lot of the world's problems.

Avatar image for lucianocasanova
lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lucianocasanova

@comp_atkins: I knew some one was gonna ask that question.

Why? Bullies, homework and boredom

Avatar image for mistersomething
MisterSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MisterSomething
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

In the world I live there is no problems related to religion and stuff like that. It's stupid to think we need something that we don't even have the tools to understand fully. Religion is an utmost and downright personal choice and vocation so nobody should mess up with nobody just because of what he chooses to believe in. For instance I believe that the world is a big piece of magma derived from internal matters mixed with stuff from other planets and blablabla. who cares? I'll believe what I want to believe and it will even make me who I am. I choose to let people alone in their beliefs too if they make them what they are but ideally try to show them that, maybe, just maybe, sometimes what I believe in can be better or more real or whatever. Love you all people!!

LDR

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

If we humans showed zero negativity I think the next step would be to teach animals how to stop being so negative

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

A world without chaos is a world without order. I also kinda like a bit of chaos it makes life less mundane.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I not sure you can have one without the other. There's a literal balance to be struck between love and lack of love. Perhaps there would be little purpose to our lives were we never to have adversity.

360mli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 360mli
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts
Loading Video...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It already does. It's all a matter of perspective.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Imagine all the people, living life in peace.. wooohooo ooouuuuuu

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

Yup, people really are addicted to problems. The responses in this thread prove it.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

I get it. The world would be "boring" without problems, but a world without major problems like war, poverty, and disease would be light years better than right now, and if you think otherwise just because it would be boring, then **** you, **** you, **** YOU.

*ahem*

Again, "negativity" has played a big role in making progress.

Now, you could possibly say that war and poverty are human constructs and that we could solve them if we weren't so negative. To that I'd say "maybe", but also add that to a large extent war and poverty have become a lot more "positive" solely as a reaction to "negativity". That is to say...you could make the case that poverty is the result of a human-created system that looks on the poor "negatively". But even then, to a large degree, things have gotten a LOT better for the poor in many countries. In many places there are social programs and humanitarian businesses providing aid to the poor. If nothing else, at least people usually don't drive the poor away with whips and sticks. Point being...things kind of suck, but we're making some progress. progress which is sort of driven by NEGATIVITY.

But disease is to a large extent another matter. Even if positivity stops a man from beating you because you're poor, the bacteria and viruses and worms in your bofy don't give one single flying **** about your attitude. It doesn't take a positive attitude to kill the flukes in your liver, it takes MEDICAL SCIENCE to kill the flukes in your liver. And a LOT of science is driven by negativity.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

Jesus Fucking Christ.

*ahem*

Your post is rather negative man.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

@garathe_den: Why?

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@lucianocasanova said:

A world without negativity. What could it be like? A world without things such as

-Bullying

-Trolling

-Vioence

-Corruption

-Racism

-Hatred

-Arrogance

-School

And anything else negative. I heard too much time stress-free can be really bad it can also get boring at times. But what do you think?

That sounds like a really fucking boring world. Where'd you get your fun out of the internet?

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 garathe_den

@JimB said:

@garathe_den: Why?

Well...might be too extreme to say all religions in general. There are a lot of religions that (genuinely) promote peace.

Christianity has hurt and continues to hurt so many people, as has Islam, based on them being a different creed or ethnic group or sexuality.

That kind of hate I don't welcome, and anything that promotes discrimination in such a way should be done away with.

But as I said, there are religions that are very peaceful and don't set out to judge/discriminate and/or hurt people for being different or not being followers. So to say the world would be better without religion is really too general of a statement for me to have stated.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JimB

@garathe_den: Don't compare Christianity and Islam the same way. Christianity is not going around killing people for their beliefs. In fact Christians are being killed just because they are Christian. Christians are being told by their governments to give up their beliefs for the sake of political correctness in the United States.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 garathe_den

@JimB said:

@garathe_den: Don't compare Christianity and Islam the same way. Christianity is not going around killing people for their beliefs. In fact Christians are being killed just because they are Christian. Christians are being told by their governments to give up their beliefs for the sake of political correctness in the United States.

I never compared Christianity and Islam in the way that you are describing. I know that Christians are being killed for not being Muslims, in many Islamic countries.

But I don't like Christianity for what it stands for. The Bible is extremely outdated and should really not be taken literally at all. It doesn't fit in with today's society. Christianity has ruined people's lives, and the fact that it's just a book that was written by a collection of ancient people who were just trying to figure out what they were doing on Earth, shows its age. People back then had no idea about some of the things they were trying to explain. They just wanted to make some sense of life. It was an effective way to try to control people, to make them fearful of consequences, and is still used in that way today.

Some Churches are more open minded than others though. Though the open-mindedness usually goes against the Bible, it's nice to see that there are some that are becoming more relaxed about it.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JimB

@garathe_den: Out dated when did the Ten Commandants become outdated. The very foundation of our law is based on the Ten Commandments. Have you ever read the Bible? If not maybe you should, you might find it enlightening.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@garathe_den said:
@JimB said:

Some Churches are more open minded than others though. Though the open-mindedness usually goes against the Bible, it's nice to see that there are some that are becoming more relaxed about it.

That's why I love Catholicism. It sticks to the same traditions today as it did way back when. It's pretty amazing how it survived thousands of years adhering to the same beliefs.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

With no negativity internet forums and Twitter would be very dull places.

DrFlyntCoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 DrFlyntCoal
Member since 2015 • 496 Posts

It will implode into itself.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

And I couldn't imagine a world without "rage quitters".

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

The large majority of Republican politicians (and their religious right supporters) in the US wouldn't survive in such a world.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

we need a bit of negativity

Teubrinquedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Teubrinquedo12
Member since 2015 • 50 Posts

Sounds dull and trite. Impossible in any case. Also, if you really wanted to make your life "negativity-free" you could works towards it and nail it.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Just wait until the liberal utopia comes full circle and you'll be living the dream TC

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

It would be a world without people....and animals as well I'd imagine.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

A world without negativity is just a world without an "L" in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#47 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I can't take your OP seriously when you include school because "homework is boring".

Anyway, I'd like to see a world without negativity, just not one without hardship. Hardship is what allows me to be happy, by comparing the good I have today with the bad I overcame yesterday.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Let's see, If we combine all those things then we'd get a bunch of constantly smiling idiots who'll likely die because of the share stupidity.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@gamerguru100: Look buddy, I can't imagine a life without waking up every morning, turning on the tv and watching a news reporter reporting dozens of civilian casualties in some 3rd world middle eastern country. I just can't.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

You mean a world of pussies? No thanks, I'll pass.