A fitting punishment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

What would be a fitting punishment for someone that stole a 1000$? doesn't give it back and even gloats that he stole it.

He also treathens that same person so he wouldn't press charges. There's no evidence against him besides word against word.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

If he's gloated about it to others then there are several witnesses to back up the claims of the one who was stolen from.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Death. Wish we could kill thieves like they did in the old days.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

Is this some violent roommate or something? Maybe family?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Well, obviously pressing charges and informing the police that he was uttering threats to blackmail the person he stole the money from.

That's probably good for a prison sentence with the right prosecutor.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#6 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

if physically stolen should have his hand(s) cut off. that would be a perfect way to deter theft and to warn other potential victims that come in contact with them that this person is a thief.

america is a joke when it comes to punishment. can get off with a few years for killing someone but can get 20+ for dealing drugs or fraud.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@elessarGObonzo said:

if physically stolen should have his hand(s) cut off. that would be a perfect way to deter theft and to warn other potential victims that come in contact with them that this person is a thief.

america is a joke when it comes to punishment. can get off with a few years for killing someone but can get 20+ for dealing drugs or fraud.

Don't know a single place where justice is truly blind to corruption.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By commander

@Treflis said:

If he's gloated about it to others then there are several witnesses to back up the claims of the one who was stolen from.

not really these are thugs besides he could say he's joking.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By commander
@JustPlainLucas said:

I can understand that, but this isn't middle ages. It's not like that person would miss that 1000$ so much that he wouldn't be able to feed himself and his family

@elessarGObonzo said:

Same here, this is not the middle ages, I don't know how it works over there, but here we have a social security system, 1000$ is not life threatening for anyone.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JustPlainLucas

@commander said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

I can understand that, but this isn't middle ages. It's not like that person would miss that 1000$ so much that he wouldn't be able to feed himself and his family

@elessarGObonzo said:

Same here, this is not the middle ages, I don't know how it works over there, but here we have a social security system, 1000$ is not life threatening for anyone.

It could be 10 dollars, and I'd still want to kill the person who stole it from me. I hate thievery with a passion. I've had a friend of mine break into my house and rob me while I was at school. I've had my car broken into several times, taking my iPod and even my prescription sunglasses. Someone even broke my window to steal a fucking cup of change from my console. The disrespect of stealing ANYTHING pisses me off to the point that if I could get away with it, I would kill the person who stole from me. Yes, we live in an civilized world, so I can't do that, but it doesn't change the way I feel.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commander

@JustPlainLucas said:

@commander said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

@elessarGObonzo said:

It could be 10 dollars, and I'd still want to kill the person who stole it from me. I hate thievery with a passion. I've had a friend of mine break into my house and rob me while I was at school. I've had my car broken into several times, taking my iPod and even my prescription sunglasses. Someone even broke my window to steal a fucking cup of change from my console. The disrespect of stealing ANYTHING pisses me off to the point that if I could get away with it, I would kill the person who stole from me. Yes, we live in an civilized world, so I can't do that, but it doesn't change the way I feel.

Sounds like you should move

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JustPlainLucas

@commander said:

Sounds like you should move

And crime follows. This neighborhood used to be so much better.