A few questions about ebay, please answear.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akuna2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 akuna2006
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

I am thinking of joining ebay, and i have a few questions that i can't find the answear..

I live in Portugal(Europe) how can i see the shipping costs? Can i have any type of debit/credit card?Is it reliable to buy games there?

Thanks

BrendanBox39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 BrendanBox39
Member since 2006 • 862 Posts
I am a member of eBay...you should STRONGLY consider using PayPal...I dont have the PayPal debit card, u can use ur credit card. For shipping, um, u click on the item, it should say shipping costs somewhere... as for buying games, it depends on who you're buying from. Check their positive feedback...and there are plenty of stores on eBay, those are reliable. They usually have their own eBay page, and have lots of feedback. i hope this helped!
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Just keep in mind many sellers wont ship to Portugal.
MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts
Actually, a lot of US sellers like shipping overseas because they make a lot more on shipping.
akuna2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 akuna2006

Why are there people with selling games for 1 dollar? When in the shipping cost sais ''non specified'' what do i do? If i pay with a debit card from another company is it alright? In europe our coin is euros can i still buy it or do i need to do something else?

akuna2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 akuna2006

please...

nintendorocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 nintendorocks
Member since 2004 • 5996 Posts

Why are there people with selling games for 1 dollar? When in the shipping cost sais ''non specified'' what do i do? If i pay with a debit card from another company is it alright? In europe our coin is euros can i still buy it or do i need to do something else?

akuna2006

I don't know. But that doesn't sound good.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Why are there people with selling games for 1 dollar?

akuna2006

Because that is the beginning price they put the item as. It doesn't necessarily mean that it will sell for $1, as ppl might bid higher and higher amounts of money for it, hence, called a bid.

MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts
They are most likely at 1 dollar because that is the seller's starting price. As time goes by, they usually go up. As for shipping costs, if you happen to win the item, the seller will send you an invoice with the total cost. If you'd like to know the shipping price beforehand, you can always contact the seller. I'm not sure I understand your last question. It is best to just sign up to Paypal. The money would be converted through there.
trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
[QUOTE="akuna2006"]

nintendorocks

I don't know. But that doesn't sound good.

I guess they dont ship to portugal then
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Actually, a lot of US sellers like shipping overseas because they make a lot more on shipping.MoonSpoon

I've been dealing with eBay and other buying/selling/trading sites for over 6 years--I dont know too many people who bother with overseas. A lot of people I know dont deal with Canada anymore.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
use paypal its much easier and safer
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

akuna2006

Ok, well a lot of etailers will start an auction at one dollar and hope for the best that it gets to a decent amount. Make sure you check the details for shipping charges. A lot of times they have different shipping plans and for overseas shipping.

But often if it's like a buy it now with $1 and the shipping cost is "not specified" then they probably are gonna shaft you with an overly expensive shipping charge to make their money.
Like they sell a game worth $40 for $10. The shipping only costs the etailer $5-$10 but they charge $50. So they make a profit through the "shipping charge".

Just don't forget to buy from a powersellers with 97%+ approval rating.