6'8 NFL player before and after

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Yeah. You turn pro and get juiced.lo_Pine

I am not on the juice and I went from 185 to 225 in one year. The next year I got my body fat down to 10 percent. People who have not seen me thought I was on the juice. Nope just  hard work,diet,sleep and dedication. I also used creatine,whey protien,BCAA,Beta alaine and glutamine. Also used anotest a testosterone booster on and off.

Post a pic of yourself holding a piece of paper with your screen name. No face necessary.

I have posted pics of myself here and had weird guys sending me msg's so I will pass.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"] I am not on the juice and I went from 185 to 225 in one year. The next year I got my body fat down to 10 percent. People who have not seen me thought I was on the juice. Nope just  hard work,diet,sleep and dedication. I also used creatine,whey protien,BCAA,Beta alaine and glutamine. Also used anotest a testosterone booster on and off.

no-scope-AK47

Post a pic of yourself holding a piece of paper with your screen name. No face necessary.

I have posted pics of myself here and had weird guys sending me msg's so I will pass.

Simply cover your face and don't look at your inbox.
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

[QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

Don't know who it is, but generally players train exclusively for the combine probably train for 3 straight months, diet, strength etc. to be physically prepared. If he's been playing football for 3 years, it is unlikely he would get that big so fast. Reason is that the only time football players really increase in size is the offseason, during the season they would likely be lifting for maintenance and large changes in body mass would throw it off.

If he is not in the NFL, it is possible he got that large naturally without the use of illegal supplements over 3 years of very intense training/dieting.

If I had to guess, I'd be 95% sure he's on something illegal. That is a huge difference.

mingmao3046

No, that size is not possible at all naturally. period. Cant believe how many idiots there are here

I don't like being inferred too as an idiot, let's not do that.

There isn't a way we forum dwellers can identify whether it is natural or not. I would agree it is very very unlikely it is natural, but without knowing his genetic makeup we cant adequately judge his potential.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

Don't know who it is, but generally players train exclusively for the combine probably train for 3 straight months, diet, strength etc. to be physically prepared. If he's been playing football for 3 years, it is unlikely he would get that big so fast. Reason is that the only time football players really increase in size is the offseason, during the season they would likely be lifting for maintenance and large changes in body mass would throw it off.

If he is not in the NFL, it is possible he got that large naturally without the use of illegal supplements over 3 years of very intense training/dieting.

If I had to guess, I'd be 95% sure he's on something illegal. That is a huge difference.

Zlurodirom

No, that size is not possible at all naturally. period. Cant believe how many idiots there are here

There isn't a way we forum dwellers can identify whether it is natural or not. I would agree it is very very unlikely it is natural, but without knowing his genetic makeup we cant adequately judge his potential.

You don't like being inferred as an idiot.. You must get mad a lot in life... as people continously call each other idiots, regardless if the person is right or not.
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]The man is 6'8ft it takes time to fill that out. You just don't train for a couple years and your maxed out. Also improvements have been made in diet and supplements. You just don't get juiced and turn pro.

no-scope-AK47

Yeah. You turn pro and get juiced.

I am not on the juice and I went from 185 to 225 in one year. The next year I got my body fat down to 10 percent. People who have not seen me thought I was on the juice. Nope just  hard work,diet,sleep and dedication. I also used creatine,whey protien,BCAA,Beta alaine and glutamine. Also used anotest a testosterone booster on and off.

Notice this guy gained those 40lbs you did, and then gained them again. Just because someone gained it once, doesn't mean they will continually put on muscle, there is an exponential curve with muscle size increase. I've also had people ask me if I was taking roids, doesn't really mean much.

If we're going with anecdotal evidence to support our claims, I gained about 15lbs in less than 2 months, and this was all muscle. Guess the max number of lbs I gained in the next 4 years under strenuous lifting (of course with macrocycles and periods of rest)? It was less than 10lbs. This guy did the equivalent of me gaining 15 lbs quickly and then continuing to gain it for the next couple years, AFTER being a good enough prospect to be invited to the combine and training for the combine specifically for months, and likely training for 4+ years for lifting in highschool/college. I don't think that's too unreasonable to be suspicious.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"] No, that size is not possible at all naturally. period. Cant believe how many idiots there are hereThe_Lipscomb

You don't like being inferred as an idiot.. You must get mad a lot in life... as people continously call each other idiots, regardless if the person is right or not.

Not in this sense. I don't recall being called an idiot ever, though I'm sure it has happened, it is rare.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

Fightingfan

Steroids aren't illegal if you have a prescription, or a sick dog.

They are considered a performance enhancing drug in football I believe, aka they are illegal.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

Zlurodirom

Not in this sense. I don't recall being called an idiot ever, though I'm sure it has happened, it is rare.

I've been called an idiot for not saying anything :|
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

You can't keep those kinds of muscle forever. It's not gonna look good when he's 40 or 50...

one_plum
I'm sure he'll adjust his work out so it doesn't turn to fat...
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]He was younger in the 1st pic and did not have his man powah yet. Also he is getting better coaching and training now that he is a pro. His diet most likely improved as well being rich can do that.

no-scope-AK47

Dude, he's on roids. General X is absolutely right. In order to get in the NFL he had to be in his best possible shape. To survive in the NFL you need a little something extra.

The man is 6'8ft it takes time to fill that out. You just don't train for a couple years and your maxed out. Also improvements have been made in diet and supplements. You just don't get juiced and turn pro.

He obviously just got done working out or is working out inbetween the picture. He normally isn't that big.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 The_Lipscomb
[QUOTE="one_plum"]

You can't keep those kinds of muscle forever. It's not gonna look good when he's 40 or 50...

Chutebox

As long as you lose weight the correct way, by not eating to little.. You should be fine.
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] You don't like being inferred as an idiot.. You must get mad a lot in life... as people continously call each other idiots, regardless if the person is right or not.The_Lipscomb

Well I'm sorry about your community then.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Don't we want to best performance out of our pro atheletes, then why do we care if they use HGH or anything that can help them compete at the highest levels possible?

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

Zlurodirom

Well I'm sorry about your community then.

lol
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Zlurodirom

Don't we want to best performance out of our pro atheletes, then why do we care if they use HGH or anything that can help them compete at the highest levels possible?

Yusuke420

Because it's an unfair advantage!!

A slightly more legitimate argument is PEDs can cause health problems.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Zlurodirom

Life is unfair.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts

Yusuke420
My viewpoint as well. We watch them for entertainment, and if taking performance enhancing drugs will increase their entertainment value, then why should they not be allowed to do so?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="one_plum"]

The_Lipscomb

As long as you lose weight the correct way, by not eating to little.. You should be fine.

Those are old myths from the 90s. You can need to look up what Post-Cycle-Therapy and HCG is. The old "Ohh you lose all your mass when you stop" is old news. Just take some Nolva, Clomid, and HCG and you'll be fine.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Zlurodirom

You can't die from Testosterone, and we let people smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish everyday.
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts
It's almost like he had another puberty, I wonder where all those hormones/testosterone came from...General_X
steriods
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="General_X"]It's almost like he had another puberty, I wonder where all those hormones/testosterone came from...Jacobistheman
steriods

HGH is not a steroid.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Rich3232

My viewpoint as well. We watch them for entertainment, and if taking performance enhancing drugs will increase their entertainment value, then why should they not be allowed to do so?

I agree. Steriods, along with all other drugs should absolutely be legal. There are hardly any good reasons for it not to be.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] I'm sure he'll adjust his work out so it doesn't turn to fat...Fightingfan

Those are old myths from the 90s. You can need to look up what Post-Cycle-Therapy and HCG is. The old "Ohh you lose all your mass when you stop" is old news. Just take some Nolva, Clomid, and HCG and you'll be fine.

Are you sure? I was buff as hell last year.. Stopped working out and ran.. and I'm average weight with no flab at all now. I lost most of my muscle as well :S.. It only happens in older people? I'm not saying I disagree with you. It just hasen't been my experience.. So I'm not sure how this works?

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

The_Lipscomb

I agree. Steriods, along with all other drugs should absolutely be legal. There are hardly any good reasons for it not to be.

Correct. This nonsense we have wrt to drugs is just that; nonsense.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] As long as you lose weight the correct way, by not eating to little.. You should be fine.The_Lipscomb

Are you sure? I was buff as hell last year.. Stopped working out and ran.. and I'm average weight with no flab at all now. I lost most of my muscle as well :S.. It only happens in older people? I'm saying I disagree with you. It just hasen't been my experience.. So I'm not sure how this works?

Muscle astrophy is something with age.

You fell into the "If you don't use it you lose it".

Getting of roids won't make you lose all your gains, but as long as you maintain a calorie surplus, and continue to workout the majority will stay with you.

The reason people lost soo much muscle back in the day is because we didn't balance your hormones, we simply evaluated Testosterone, but people didn't use estrogen blocks since progesterone(synthetic) will turn into estrogen.

When getting off the juice it's all about block estrogen until your body makes its own testosterone (Body shuts off the production because it doesn't need it since you're injecting it). HCG comes into play because it makes your sex organ produce more sex hormone, in men being testosterone

. It works for men, but women are SOL.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] As long as you lose weight the correct way, by not eating to little.. You should be fine.The_Lipscomb

Are you sure? I was buff as hell last year.. Stopped working out and ran.. and I'm average weight with no flab at all now. I lost most of my muscle as well :S.. It only happens in older people? I'm not saying I disagree with you. It just hasen't been my experience.. So I'm not sure how this works?

You stopped lifting so of course your going to lose mass. However if you hit it again you will gain much faster because your body remembers.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 The_Lipscomb
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] My viewpoint as well. We watch them for entertainment, and if taking performance enhancing drugs will increase their entertainment value, then why should they not be allowed to do so? Rich3232

It is.. I'm not going say that legalizing all drugs won't come with any problems.. but the Pros seriously outweight the cons.. If somebody wants to shoto up heroin.. I rather them have the right to do it in their home, or do it as some clinic with clean needles.. I really do not understand why people still believe drugs should be illegal. Most arguments I hear is because somebody screwed up who is close to them with drugs.. Well, not everybody is the same, and you can't associate one person with the rest, just pure stupidity.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

First off for anyone saying this dude had a diet there isn't much of a diet when gaining mass. You simply just eat and eat and work out. Gaining weight such as this when he was already big is possbile considering the time frame. I'm not sure what year the bottom picture is but in 2-3 years its not that far fetched to get that big if all you do is work out and play football, of all sports. Take some creatine eat 6 huge meals a deal and lift heavy weights, you will there just like he did in two years.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Rich3232
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] I agree. Steriods, along with all other drugs should absolutely be legal. There are hardly any good reasons for it not to be.The_Lipscomb

It is.. I'm not going say that legalizing all drugs won't come with any problems.. but the Pros seriously outweight the cons.. If somebody wants to shoto up heroin.. I rather them have the right to do it in their home, or do it as some clinic with clean needles.. I really do not understand why people still believe drugs should be illegal. Most arguments I hear is because somebody screwed up who is close to them with drugs.. Well, not everybody is the same, and you can't associate one person with the rest, just pure stupidity.

Preaching to the choir, brotha.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 The_Lipscomb
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Those are old myths from the 90s. You can need to look up what Post-Cycle-Therapy and HCG is. The old "Ohh you lose all your mass when you stop" is old news. Just take some Nolva, Clomid, and HCG and you'll be fine. Fightingfan

Are you sure? I was buff as hell last year.. Stopped working out and ran.. and I'm average weight with no flab at all now. I lost most of my muscle as well :S.. It only happens in older people? I'm saying I disagree with you. It just hasen't been my experience.. So I'm not sure how this works?

Muscle astrophy is something with age. You fell into the "If you don't lose it you lose it". Getting of roids won't make you lose all your gains, but as long as you maintain a calorie surplus, and continue to workout the majority will stay with you. The reason people lost soo much muscle back in the day is because we didn't balance your hormones, we simply evaluated Testosterone, but people didn't use estrogen blocks since progesterone(synthetic) will turn into estrogen. When getting off the juice it's all about block estrogen until your body makes its own testosterone (Body shuts off the production because it doesn't need it since you're injecting it). HCG comes into play because it makes your sex organ produce more sex hormone, in men being testosterone. It works for men, but women are SOL.

I did not know that, that was some great information, thanks.
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Fightingfan

You can't die from Testosterone, and we let people smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish everyday.

That's why I said "slightly more legtitimate". That first part was obviously sarcasm, right? Was that not obvious?

Ever heard of elevated levels of testosterone linked to prostate cancer? Might want to check that out before you start suggesting testosterone cream or whatever way you think it's safe to increase testosterone via supplements..

Remember when we had prohibition? Don't think taking away alcohol in the present would turn out much different. Probably similar with cigarettes. Those industries have the money/power to keep their products legal and to continue production.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 The_Lipscomb
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] Are you sure? I was buff as hell last year.. Stopped working out and ran.. and I'm average weight with no flab at all now. I lost most of my muscle as well :S.. It only happens in older people? I'm saying I disagree with you. It just hasen't been my experience.. So I'm not sure how this works?The_Lipscomb
Muscle astrophy is something with age. You fell into the "If you don't lose it you lose it". Getting of roids won't make you lose all your gains, but as long as you maintain a calorie surplus, and continue to workout the majority will stay with you. The reason people lost soo much muscle back in the day is because we didn't balance your hormones, we simply evaluated Testosterone, but people didn't use estrogen blocks since progesterone(synthetic) will turn into estrogen. When getting off the juice it's all about block estrogen until your body makes its own testosterone (Body shuts off the production because it doesn't need it since you're injecting it). HCG comes into play because it makes your sex organ produce more sex hormone, in men being testosterone. It works for men, but women are SOL.

I did not know that, that was some great information, thanks.

All the money we could also earn from all the drugs combined would be crazy. Will it solve our debt and issues in the U.S? No, will it help, yes. Very useful legislation. We need to stop bickering over dumb issues, and start passing some useful legislation that will bring in money and help pump the econonmy. Though, back on topic. I guess it's their right to make the rules, since it's a private organziation in sports. Though, I think it's a silly rule for them not to be able to.
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Those are old myths from the 90s. You can need to look up what Post-Cycle-Therapy and HCG is. The old "Ohh you lose all your mass when you stop" is old news. Just take some Nolva, Clomid, and HCG and you'll be fine. no-scope-AK47

You stopped lifting so of course your going to lose mass. However if you hit it again you will gain much faster because your body remembers.

You keep throwing around claims, can you back anything you say up? Or are you still using personal experience and telling people it's applicable to everyone?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] My viewpoint as well. We watch them for entertainment, and if taking performance enhancing drugs will increase their entertainment value, then why should they not be allowed to do so? Rich3232

The problem with steroids is that it can have very negative, damaging effects on people, physically and mentally. This plus it gives the taker an advantage, and may force other players to to take steroids as well, which is again, a damaging drug.

I don;t know about you, but I'd rather sportstars get good by actually practicing and working hard and not taking the easy and dangeroud route of steroids.  

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] I agree. Steriods, along with all other drugs should absolutely be legal. There are hardly any good reasons for it not to be.

DJ-Lafleur

The problem with steroids is that it can have very negative, damaging effects on people, physically and mentally. This plus it gives the taker an advantage, and may force other players to to take steroids as well, which is again, a damaging drug.

I don;t know about you, but I'd rather sportstars get good by actually practicing and working hard and not taking the easy and dangeroud route of steroids.

Damaging to their body and mind? Well, that's their choice. You should awlays educate yourself before taking a drug.. So if they don't research and take it and it harms them.. their problem. Also, for making other people take it cause youre using it.. That's how life is.. It's unfair, and sometimes you have to make choices. As long as people make a choice that will not harm others, that is their right.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] Are you sure? I was buff as hell last year.. Stopped working out and ran.. and I'm average weight with no flab at all now. I lost most of my muscle as well :S.. It only happens in older people? I'm not saying I disagree with you. It just hasen't been my experience.. So I'm not sure how this works?

Zlurodirom

You keep throwing around claims, can you back anything you say up? Or are you still using personal experience and telling people it's applicable to everyone?

Don't take my word for it use the web look it up.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] Correct. This nonsense we have wrt to drugs is just that; nonsense. The_Lipscomb

Damaging to their body and mind? Well, that's their choice. Also, for making other people take it cause youre using it.. That's how life is.. It's unfair, and sometimes you have to make choices. As long as people make a choice that will not harm others, that is their right.

Yes, life is very unfair, though I don't see how that justifies illegal steroid use. And yes a star taking steroids can potentially have negative effects on others, whether it be doing so good others may consider doping themselves up just to compete, or perhaps if a child looks up to a star, and then finds out their biggest role model got where they did through illegal steroid use. Not to mention steroid use can make one aggressive, which could make life difficult for anyone who has to live around or interact with the star.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Damaging to their body and mind? Well, that's their choice. Also, for making other people take it cause youre using it.. That's how life is.. It's unfair, and sometimes you have to make choices. As long as people make a choice that will not harm others, that is their right.The_Lipscomb

I for one would never give my money for any sports league that allows their players to take performance enhancement drugs.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] Are you sure? I was buff as hell last year.. Stopped working out and ran.. and I'm average weight with no flab at all now. I lost most of my muscle as well :S.. It only happens in older people? I'm not saying I disagree with you. It just hasen't been my experience.. So I'm not sure how this works?

Zlurodirom

Its called muscle memory, he is right.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

DJ-Lafleur

Damaging to their body and mind? Well, that's their choice. Also, for making other people take it cause youre using it.. That's how life is.. It's unfair, and sometimes you have to make choices. As long as people make a choice that will not harm others, that is their right.

Yes, life is very unfair, though I don't see how that justifies illegal steroid use. And yes a star taking steroids can potentially have negative effects on others, whether it be doing so good others may consider doping themselves up just to compete, or perhaps if a child looks up to a star, and then finds out their biggest role model got where they did through illegal steroid use. Not to mention steroid use can make one aggressive, which could make life difficult for anyone who has to live around or interact with the star.

they have that right, because they're an adult with their own mind. They have the choice to educate themselves and decided what to take and not take. I have no say what another person does. The justicication is, it's their body and mind.. not mine. Lot's of artist do drugs openly, and have kid fans. That's something you can't stop.. and will happen regardless. Plus, that's a parents job to be monitoring their kid and teaching them what's right.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]Damaging to their body and mind? Well, that's their choice. Also, for making other people take it cause youre using it.. That's how life is.. It's unfair, and sometimes you have to make choices. As long as people make a choice that will not harm others, that is their right.one_plum

I for one would never give my money for any sports league that allows their players to take performance enhancement drugs.

That is your choice.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]You stopped lifting so of course your going to lose mass. However if you hit it again you will gain much faster because your body remembers.

xscrapzx

"Muscle memory" generally referrs to neurogenic adaptation and the motor learning that goes on in the brain. I.e a musician's muscle memory will increase when practicing a lot with specific instruments.

I'm not saying he's wrong, just he throws a lot of things around without much reference or citation.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
[QUOTE="one_plum"]

Chutebox

wtf am i reading....
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 The_Lipscomb
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="one_plum"]

mingmao3046

wtf am i reading....

Words.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

Zlurodirom

"Muscle memory" generally referrs to neurogenic adaptation and the motor learning that goes on in the brain. I.e a musician's muscle memory will increase when practicing a lot with specific instruments.

I'm not saying he's wrong, just he throws a lot of things around without much reference or citation.

It is common knowledge that muscles and tendons get stronger and you get increased neural feedback. These enable you to get stronger faster the second time after a long layoff. I am dumbing it down but if you want more info the web is a great resource.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Its called muscle memory, he is right.no-scope-AK47

It is common knowledge that muscles and tendons get stronger and you get increased neural feedback. These enable you to get stronger faster the second time after a long layoff. I am dumbing it down but if you want more info the web is a great resource.

I am quite aware of the neurogenic and other physiological adaptations from exercise, but I have not seen any evidence of your insistance of an accelerated increase in muscle size if you've stopped training and are picking it back up. I've seen a single unsourced article on Wired talking about muscle nuclei not undergoing apoptosis under atrophy, but that's it, and it was 2 years ago, ample time for the scientific procedure to be peer reviewed and published, or to be replicated and confirmed. Something I have found no evidence of.

The lack of this evidence makes me doubt this is "muscle memory" versus motor learning. Motor learning has shown to last for years after different types of training, which would explain someone being able to stop lifting,  then get back into lifting at a weight not too much lower than the previous weight.  Neurogenic adaptations can explain a rapid increase in strength at the beginning of a new program, but nothing about an increase in muscle mass which you suggested occured. THAT is why I'm asking you where you are getting these ideas from.

NeonVGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 NeonVGame
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Holy crap, that's insane.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Looks like the hulk. 

He on that deer antler. 

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]

Zlurodirom

Muscle memory applies to weight lifting, particular with compound lifts. Unlike endurance exercise, whereby you might get your 1-mile run time to a record time and then stop training for a year and find that it's right back to where it was when you first started and you have to train to reach that personal record from the very beginning. Weight lifting is different. The first several months of lifting, when you think you're getting stronger (and technically you are), you aren't. Those first few months are adaptations of the central nervous system to make better, more efficient use of the muscles you already have before additional muscle mass is created. Being able to 'flex' your bicep for example, when you couldn't before, is the result of improved nervous system performance, not a bigger muscle. When you cease training your muscle mass may atrophy and you'll lose some poundage, but when you start up again you can start very close to the point you left off at and very quickly find yourself lifting as heavy as you used to. The mass that you lost also returns vastly more rapidly than it took to build it originally. Muscle memory.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
There's no way that's natural. chrisrooR
that's what she said tee hee