3% of projected Obamacare enrollees have signed up.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

From the article:

"Nov 11 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's healthcare reform has reached only about 3 percent of its enrollment target for 2014 in 12 U.S. states where new online health insurance marketplaces are mostly working smoothly, a report released on Monday said".

Estimates put ObamaCare enrollment far short of goal

From the article:

"Both numbers would be disappointing for the administration, which hoped to sign up at least 500,000 people in October, according to internal memos cited by congressional Republicans.

A report in The Washington Post on Monday said the administration will count individuals who have selected a healthcare plan but not yet sent in their first payment when releasing its enrollment count. That decision should boost what are still expected to be a paltry number of early enrollees using Obama-Care to choose insurance plans.

Other state-specific figures emerging on Monday included reports that Oregon, one of 14 states that opted to run their own enrollment systems, has not seen a single person enroll in its exchange".

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

That Oregon stat is misleading at best.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

That's 3% more than for any Republican plan for the last three decades.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

50,000 is the number of people that have signed up for healthcare on the federal exchange websites, however, up to 700,000 people have shopped their states exchange's plans on the state websites to see what they're eligible for, 440,000 that have signed up for Medicaid through their states due to the expansion... so, figures don't mean much when you're being conservative with the truth.

50K is a BS FoxNews "we sniff glue and the news comes out our asses" kind of number, 40,572 people have already enrolled in Obamacare in Kentucky alone.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

I think I'll just pay the fine.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

This is probably because nobody wants Obamacare. >_>

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

It sounds more like the problem is that the website is a broken mess instead of something that works so people could actually use it.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

While I agree that the number is very misleading I think people are finally starting to realize how this law is going to affect them and they don't like it. Everybody loved it when it was hypothetical but now people are seeing how it impacts them negatively.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WhiteKnight77

@jim_shorts said:

While I agree that the number is very misleading I think people are finally starting to realize how this law is going to affect them and they don't like it. Everybody loved it when it was hypothetical but now people are seeing how it impacts them negatively.

People kept telling others that this would happen, but due to King Obama not being able to do no wrong, they bought this up hook, line and sinker. That they are shocked that this happened is ridiculous as the warning signs were there if you look close enough. Why else would parts be pushed back and exemptions be made?

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

Obama's got it wrong, the Canadian health is different from Obamacare, plus the Canadian health care is free you dont need anything to pay for nor sign up.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@CommandoAgent said:

Obama's got it wrong, the Canadian health is different from Obamacare, plus the Canadian health care is free you dont need anything to pay for nor sign up.

It's not free.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The-Apostle

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@The-Apostle said:

It sounds more like the problem is that the website is a broken mess instead of something that works so people could actually use it.

I think it's a little of both, actually.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The-Apostle

@deeliman said:

@CommandoAgent said:

It's not free.

It's free for those who don't pay taxes. :P

SheBites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By SheBites
Member since 2013 • 36 Posts

More will sign up as time goes on. The web site issues stopped a lot of people in their tracks and because the problems persist, I think people will just wait until everything is just running smoothly. I just go to the veterans hospital if I need to but I'd like to have regular insurance because every time I go to the VA hosp, its 3 hours out of my day, even if it's for something simple.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

@deeliman said:

@CommandoAgent said:

It's not free.

It's free for those who don't pay taxes. :P

There's no one who doesn't pay any taxes at all. If you buy a loaf of bread at the bakery you also pay taxes (in most places at least).

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:

People kept telling others that this would happen, but due to King Obama not being able to do no wrong, they bought this up hook, line and sinker. That they are shocked that this happened is ridiculous as the warning signs were there if you look close enough. Why else would parts be pushed back and exemptions be made?

How many things can you name, run by the government, that operate smoothly?

People told the left and Obama to slow down and fix the problems instead of trying to reinvent the wheel but the Democrats knew better than everyone. Now we are seeing the problems. Right now five million people have lost their insurance thanks to Obamacare. The number is sure to increase.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Fightingfan said:

I think I'll just pay the fine.

Fact.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WhiteKnight77

@Solaryellow said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

How many things can you name, run by the government, that operate smoothly?

People told the left and Obama to slow down and fix the problems instead of trying to reinvent the wheel but the Democrats knew better than everyone. Now we are seeing the problems. Right now five million people have lost their insurance thanks to Obamacare. The number is sure to increase.

See the other thread about the new mental health requirements kicking in that will have to be part of coverage with Obamacare.

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

Everybody keeps point to the numbers (or lack thereof). But cutoff isn't until next year and Americans are notorious for waiting until the last minute - tax day anyone?

That being said, the government really needs to clean up the website.