16 year old Girl bullied for wearing a political T-Shirt....by teacher!!

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

The teacher should be disciplined, unless the school's rules forbid such a t-shirt, which I doubt.

It does bother me that the TC and other posters of similar political belief automatically assume that those with the opposite opinion, high school students and college students aren't politically aware.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

Even if the school forbids such shirts it's no excuse to attack the student, compare her to a racist organization and encourage others to make fun of her.

The teacher's excuse is downright pathetic. Joke? Humiliating someone, comparing them to a hate group and encouraging others to partake in the humiliation is not a joke.

Teacher should be fired and banned from ever teaching again.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
lol if she were wearing an Obama shirt, you'd be praising the teacher for the right to freedom of speech. Anybody who supports Romney is clearly uneducated, however...
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

doll

You've been very naughty teacher.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Horrible. If anything, this girl should be applauded for being politically aware. Most high school kids don't give 2 sh*ts about politics.

kingkong0124

The fact that she was wearing a Romney shirt not only shows she actually is not politically aware, but even worse she thinks she IS aware and thinks she is smart enough to be telling others about politics....

Teacher was still a dick though and should be fired....

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 LostProphetFLCL

good_bush_bad_bush_rectangle_magnet.jpg?While some of you may know me as a staunch Republican, it wasn't that long ago that I was a Democrat and wore a shirt like this.

DevilMightCry

Heh, lulzy shirt. How did people react to the shirt? I can just imagine someone flipping out on you calling you a pothead and ****.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#107 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

good_bush_bad_bush_rectangle_magnet.jpg?While some of you may know me as a staunch Republican, it wasn't that long ago that I was a Democrat and wore a shirt like this.

DevilMightCry

Yo regardless of whether or not you agree with the message, that's pretty funny. :P

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]

LostProphetFLCL

Heh, lulzy shirt. How did people react to the shirt? I can just imagine someone flipping out on you calling you a pothead and ****.

I was a pothead, so I didn't care. The shirt did not invoke good comments from southern conservatives though. But then again, I was 21 when I wore it, working in a relaxed environment. Most of of my friends are Liberals so I got along.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]

DevilMightCry

I was a pothead, so I didn't care. The shirt did not invoke good comments from southern conservatives though. But then again, I was 21 when I wore it, working in a relaxed environment. Most of of my friends are Liberals so I got along.

That's good I suppose. I don't smoke personally but feel weed SHOULD be legal but I feel like even saying that will make some people flip and start ranting about how you are a pothead....

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
This is one of those stories where I wonder if events happened exactly the way they're reported and if someone's just trying to make a big deal so they can get a payoff at some point. Love to hear more takes on the story rather than one potentially vindictive 16 year old, who are so well known for not overreacting to anything ever.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

And they say politics aren't in the schools.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#112 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]I was once bullied by a substitute teacher because I'm conservative. The next day I handed in a scathing article about it to my school paper. >_>leviathan91

But liberals are tolerate and peaceful people and conservatives are hateful bigots who lie and steal from the poor and give to the rich.

Apparently I've been misled.

Well, he did embarrass me in front of the class... :evil:
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

This would have never happened to someone wearing an Obama/Biden t-shirt. This double-standard is ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

This is a bigger problem than the teacher, basically most public schools are designed to have teachers who are democrats. A cousin of mine has to pretend to be a democrat to become a teacher... There is some serious biggotry going on. Really, all this teacher had to say is "Yes, this was out of line and I apologize," situation is done. But she felt she is right to call someone a KKK supporter.

mahlasor

Teh conspiracyz they be realz. If your a good teacher you can avoid have any political beliefs in your lesson plan..

'

You are trying to pass my post as irrelevent by using sarcasm and well it is "you are." Well considering I was listening to a conversation about her training to be a teacher, and my relevatives were commenting about her having to register as a democrat so she can get a job.. I hardly call that a conspiracy, I am sayying there is a bias towards teachers who are republican.

edit: just to clarify, I think also that public schools attract democrats/liberals, which eventually when you get the super-intendents that are democrats and liberals, they will want to hire people lik them.

I am sorry but no, that is against law.. A public job can not force a person to join a certain party affiliation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-59d151f079814

This would have never happened to someone wearing an Obama/Biden t-shirt. This double-standard is ridiculous.

airshocker
What difference does it make what shirt they are wearing, I think most can agree that it was inappropriate behavior on the teachers part..
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

What difference does it make what shirt they are wearing, I think most can agree that it was inappropriate behavior on the teachers part.. sSubZerOo

The difference is whether it would have happened or not. I don't believe this kind of action would have happened with someone wearing an Obama/Biden t-shirt.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#117 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Sounds like a horrible teacher. That teacher's job is not to berate a student for their political affiliation or an inoffensive shirt, and they should be reprimanded, especially if they bullied the girl.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
I don't know what is more disturbing, the fact that a teacher treater her like this (for you posters who say this was probably a hoax, the teacher and the school confirmed the story) or the fact most of the posters here are saying she deserved it for supporting Romney. Would you say the same thing if a student wearing a Obama/Biden shirt was accused of being a Muslim terrorist sympathiser? I will say one thing, if she went to high school with me in Atlanta during the 90s and was wearing a Bob Dole shirt she would have probably got her ass kicked by Clinton supporters, so at least the students where she is at have a little more self-control.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
she should't be ridiculed for wearing that shirt, she should be ridiculed for being an idiot instead
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]What difference does it make what shirt they are wearing, I think most can agree that it was inappropriate behavior on the teachers part.. airshocker

The difference is whether it would have happened or not. I don't believe this kind of action would have happened with someone wearing an Obama/Biden t-shirt.

You know what they say about assumptions.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#121 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

airshocker
In certain parts of the country, I'm sure it could happen with an Obama tshirt.
Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Allthishate
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts
Politics should be out of schools.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] Fixed it.DevilMightCry
? At least where I went to college, most of the people I knew cared about politics.

Hippes care for World Peace too. Doesn't mean they know what the %^&$ they're talking about.

lol. You know that same idea applies to you? I know plenty of college friends who know what they're talking about (from both sides of the aisle).
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]What difference does it make what shirt they are wearing, I think most can agree that it was inappropriate behavior on the teachers part.. airshocker

That is what I was trying to say.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 lx_theo

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]What difference does it make what shirt they are wearing, I think most can agree that it was inappropriate behavior on the teachers part.. mahlasor

With a different teacher, it could have easily happened with an Obama/Biden t-shirt. WHy in the world wouldn't it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

lx_theo

With a different teacher, it could have easily happened with an Obama/Biden t-shirt. WHy in the world wouldn't it?

Because of the claim that all school teachers are fanatical liberals.. In the end of the day this is such a isolated incident, why the fvck is this even being brought up..
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="mahlasor"]

sSubZerOo

Because of the claim that all school teachers are fanatical liberals.. In the end of the day this is such a isolated incident, why the fvck is this even being brought up..

Well since you are playing the "prove it" game, you need to prove that it would have just as likely happened with an republican teacher.

edit: no one claimed that all teachers are liberal fanatics, though liberals are fanatics about their beliefs often enough.:P

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lx_theo

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] With a different teacher, it could have easily happened with an Obama/Biden t-shirt. WHy in the world wouldn't it?mahlasor

Well since you are playing the "prove it" game, you need to prove that it would have just as likely happened with an republican teacher.

edit: no one claimed that all teachers are liberal fanatics, though liberals are fanatics about their beliefs often enough.:P

Proof is that there is a level of extremism that would lead to such treatment. We all know for a fact that there are people this extremist on the Republican side. Simple, common sense logic and proof. I'm shocked you have to have this spelled out for you.
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#129 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Romney = KKK

Obama = Romney

Therefore, Obama = KKK

It's simple math.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="mahlasor"]

sSubZerOo

As someone who went to a high school with Che Guevara posters on the classroom doors, I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that pushing political opinions on students does happen. This particular event doesn't surprise me at all, the teachers at the HS I went to probably would've done far worse, I have observed in every level of my education. bias and the promoting of left-wing ideologies. Now, I do come from what arguably the most left-leaning city in the US, and I doubt people in, say, Arkansas have the same experience (at least not from a left wing perspective). But it is an issue, and ignoring it doesn't help anyone.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#131 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
She's cute.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Teacher should be fired. This is unacceptable behavior in any work environment, let alone when dealing with a child.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#133 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
She trolled her teacher successfully.
DiIIasDonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DiIIasDonuts
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts
Let's not forget that both students and their parents can completely overreact. What might sound like a joke to 99% of the class, there's always going to be 1% that can't handle it. I've seen teachers jokingly ask a student to leave because they were wearing a rival football shirt. The student left for a moment and then came back in. It was completely done in a joke to relate to the students and to give a sense that it was a light-hearted atmosphere. The teacher needs to know what students can handle a joke though. If this was malicious bullying, that's a different story; however most teachers aren't like that. The news doesn't disclose anything beyond that, so you have to leave this up to the administrator to make a judgment on whether or not the teacher should be fired.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#135 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Teachers need to be more respeful of students, she has every right to express her views. And bullying is never ok.

Though when I was a kid in High School, I always witnessed teachers expressing their views and even telling us who to vote for basically. When the election came in 2008 I had teachers say things like "Oh McCain is terrible" or even say things like "Souther populations are less educated and vote accordingly" seriously I am not making this up.

I even had one teacher pass around Obama stuff of when he was a kid and everything. She did not do one of McCain. Most students want to please their teachers and peers, so what do they do? They agree with their teacher. The worst though was a teacher that made us watch Michael Moore films. Pure propaganda.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

This is a bigger problem than the teacher, basically most public schools are designed to have teachers who are democrats. A cousin of mine has to pretend to be a democrat to become a teacher... There is some serious biggotry going on. Really, all this teacher had to say is "Yes, this was out of line and I apologize," situation is done. But she felt she is right to call someone a KKK supporter.

mahlasor

Teh conspiracyz they be realz. If your a good teacher you can avoid have any political beliefs in your lesson plan..

'

You are trying to pass my post as irrelevent by using sarcasm and well it is "you are." Well considering I was listening to a conversation about her training to be a teacher, and my relevatives were commenting about her having to register as a democrat so she can get a job.. I hardly call that a conspiracy, I am sayying there is a bias towards teachers who are republican.

edit: just to clarify, I think also that public schools attract democrats/liberals, which eventually when you get the super-intendents that are democrats and liberals, they will want to hire people lik them.

I don't know if this is entirely true, but there is certainly a bias.

The Teachers Union is huge and it has it's hands in the Democratic Party (part of the reason why the education in this country is so bad, watch "wating for superman", it is the teachers union worst nightmare), it is also about the money. More taxes means more money for schools, which means more money for teachers.

Again I don't think all teachers or schools are biased, but there is an element there in many cases. As far as I'm concerned, it's just indoctrination. We don't need teachers, we need educators, and a job of an educator is to give students an open mind to think for themselves. And schools today fail at this entirely.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

Horrible. If anything, this girl should be applauded for being politically aware. Most high school kids don't give 2 sh*ts about politics.

kuraimen
No one who supports Romney is aware of anything.

neither is anyone who supports obama...
TheCommoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 TheCommoner
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

mingmao3046
No one who supports Romney is aware of anything.

Shut up, you should not be allowed to post your filth without being modded... President Obama's supporters are unaware, why??? Because they do not have a burning hatred of the LGBT community? Because they do not want to force women to have babies they do not want???? Because they do believe in the evolution rather than some fiction character?
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No one who supports Romney is aware of anything.TheCommoner

Shut up, you should not be allowed to post your filth without being modded... President Obama's supporters are unaware, why??? Because they do not have a burning hatred of the LGBT community? Because they do not want to force women to have babies they do not want???? Because they do believe in the evolution rather than some fiction character?

I know your an alt, but your making a mountain out of a mole hill....

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCommoner"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No one who supports Romney is aware of anything.

lmao. Typical angry liberal whos biggest issues are gay rights and abortion. Obama and Romney are very similar. both are big government, big spending idiots who are completely bought out by the corporations.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

That teacher totally acted unprofessionally, she should be fired, however I think she's a public school teacher (if this were a Catholic school the teacher probably would be fired), the teacher will probably stay (the union will probably support her).

This reminds me of that black teacher that argued with a student who criticized Obama and the teacher said that it was illegal to criticize the president, or that teacher who asked his students if they supported gay marriage and then threw a kid out of class when the kid so know (then after that he threw out another kid who tried to tell the teacher that it was unfair to throw the other kid out of class based on his political beliefs).

I hate to say it, but I think a lot of Obama's supporters are too zealous. Either that or their faith in Obama is so shaky that they cannot bear any criticism against their "precious".

TheCommoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TheCommoner
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
I know your an alt, but your making a mountain out of a mole hill....ShadowMoses900
I am not in anyway what so ever an alt... Stop claiming that I am one.
lmao. Typical angry liberal whos biggest issues are gay rights and abortion. Obama and Romney are very similar. both are big government, big spending idiots who are completely bought out by the corporations. mingmao3046
Shut your mouth, President Obama is trying his best to save this country from the near collapse and you are comparing him to a man who embodies "corporations are people" "I like to fire people", Romney will burn this country to the ground if elected with his policies... Abortion and equality are issues but not all that is at stake... Romney could get us destroyed... You know how much he is hated by even our ally, the UK??? We could have a second revolutionary war but with Nukes this time.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]I know your an alt, but your making a mountain out of a mole hill....TheCommoner
I am not in anyway what so ever an alt... Stop claiming that I am one.
lmao. Typical angry liberal whos biggest issues are gay rights and abortion. Obama and Romney are very similar. both are big government, big spending idiots who are completely bought out by the corporations. mingmao3046
Shut your mouth, President Obama is trying his best to save this country from the near collapse and you are comparing him to a man who embodies "corporations are people" "I like to fire people", Romney will burn this country to the ground if elected with his policies... Abortion and equality are issues but not all that is at stake... Romney could get us destroyed... You know how much he is hated by even our ally, the UK??? We could have a second revolutionary war but with Nukes this time.

The UK doesn't hate Romney and they definitely aren't going to start a nuclear war with us if Romney wins. The only country that may actually try to nuke the U.S. is Iran (and they haven't yet reached the point where they have any nukes), any rational country knows that if they shoot a nuke at us, we'll shoot one back at them.

And once again, corporate personhood has been a commonly accepted legal doctrine for centuries.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Of course teachers are biased toward Democrats. There's no conspiracy, just simple logic. The Teacher's Union is one of the strongest unions in the country. Democrats want that to continue, Republicans don't. Common sense, and anyone who denies this is being silly. There's no conspiracy, just politically-self interested teachers.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
Of course teachers are biased toward Democrats. There's no conspiracy, just simple logic. The Teacher's Union is one of the strongest unions in the country. Democrats want that to continue, Republicans don't. Common sense, and anyone who denies this is being silly. There's no conspiracy, just politically-self interested teachers.Rhazakna
Damn straight.