Lakersman2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lakersman2000
Member since 2003 • 15308 Posts
the official music thread . think its a good idea . it will give us (basically people like me who only listen to hip-hop, so we can try to explore other genres) to talk about any other music besides rap ? rock , jazz , anything besides rap .

ifs its a good idea well keep it , maybe sticky it . if you dont like the idea we can trash it.

thoughts?
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Colt45fool
Member since 2003 • 79297 Posts
Colt listens to a lot of different genres
Colt likes
rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rubbersouI
Member since 2003 • 10008 Posts
well there is a ucb dedicated to other music. but sure.

i was listening to animal collective yesterday, grass to be exact. when orlando posted that nelly furtado song, he said the beat was crack so that seemed like a good enough reason to pause my song and see listen to this crack beat. it was good, compared to other rap beats, but paled in comparison to what i was listening to. word.
Lakersman2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lakersman2000
[QUOTE="rubbersouI"]well there is a ucb dedicated to other music. but sure.

i was listening to animal collective yesterday, grass to be exact. when orlando posted that nelly furtado song, he said the beat was crack so that seemed like a good enough reason to pause my song and see listen to this crack beat. it was good, compared to other rap beats, but paled in comparison to what i was listening to. word.

yeah im sure there is but i would like for us to have discussion and recommendations for other genres besides rap.
Lakersman2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lakersman2000
Colt listens to a lot of different genres
Colt likesColt45fool
colt loves the kid .
colt plays hard.
colt is sexy
i like colt .
MarkSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 MarkSmith
Member since 2002 • 31168 Posts
I'm playing 30 Seconds to mars right now. "The Kill" is a really good song, but this 2nd album of theirs is getting too scremo. It cnat touch their first album.
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Colt45fool

[QUOTE="Colt45fool"]Colt listens to a lot of different genres
Colt likesLakersman2000
colt loves the kid .
colt plays hard.
colt is sexy
i like colt .

LM is a funny cat
LM likes Kobe
LM likes Jigga
LM = goat @ everything
I want LM to carry my babies :-*

mmmkay, I'll make a few suggestions:

Sublime
Tool
Jimi Hendrix
Bob Dylan
Craig David
Musiq Soulchild
Willie Hutch
Backstreet Boys :P
Alicia Keys (first album ONLY though)

<3

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Colt45fool

I'm playing 30 Seconds to mars right now. "The Kill" is a really good song, but this 2nd album of theirs is getting too scremo. It cnat touch their first album.MarkSmith
Finally, a thread MarkSmith can own in, besides the OT thread :P

<3 :P

MarkSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MarkSmith

[QUOTE="MarkSmith"]I'm playing 30 Seconds to mars right now. "The Kill" is a really good song, but this 2nd album of theirs is getting too scremo. It cnat touch their first album.Colt45fool

Finally, a thread MarkSmith can own in, besides the OT thread :P

<3 :P

:P

Althemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Althemaster
Member since 2004 • 1640 Posts
other than rap, ill be listening to some Modest Mouse or Pink Floyd.
boogie_town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 boogie_town
Member since 2005 • 11047 Posts

Modest Mouse or Pink Floyd.  Althemaster

Favorite albums?

MarkSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarkSmith

Pink Floyd is so overrated. They have a cult following with the 25+ crowd because everyone in it heard DSotM or some other song playing during some of the most memorable moments in their lives when they were stoned out of their mind at some party. Just and listen to them fully sober, not stoned, and tell me that Pink Floyd deserves a scintilla of the acclaim they're getting.

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts

Pink Floyd is so overrated. They have a cult following with the 25+ crowd because everyone in it heard that song playing during some of the most memorable moments in their lives when they were stoned out of their mind at some party. Just and listen to them fully sober, not stoned, and tell me that Pink Floyd deserves a scintilla of the acclaim they're getting.

MarkSmith
teh word, I was completely underwhelmed by Darkside of the moon, The Wall, and Animals. They are good albums, but I was expecting somthing bind blowing from all the praise they were getting.
IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IsThisIt_basic
Member since 2002 • 27130 Posts

well there is a ucb dedicated to other music. but sure.

rubbersouI

I'm a big fan of Animal Collective as well, but I haven't heard the Nelly Furtado song yet, so I guess a comparison isn't fair from me ... however, well over half of the Timbaland-produced songs I own (probably 50 to 75 songs?) I'd take over even the best Animal Collective songs.

IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IsThisIt_basic

I'm playing 30 Seconds to mars right now. "The Kill" is a really good song, but this 2nd album of theirs is getting too scremo. It cnat touch their first album.MarkSmith

haha ... 30 Second to Mars aren't even remotely screamo.

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts
Stevie Wonder FTW8)
rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rubbersouI

IsThisIt_basic

I'm a big fan of Animal Collective as well, but I haven't heard the Nelly Furtado song yet, so I guess a comparison isn't fair from me ... however, well over half of the Timbaland-produced songs I own (probably 50 to 75 songs?) I'd take over even the best Animal Collective songs.

i didn't know you still listened to other genres. but you liking tim beats more isn't surprising considering you like big star more than the beatles. ugh, i sound like orlando.
IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IsThisIt_basic
[QUOTE="IsThisIt_basic"]

rubbersouI

I'm a big fan of Animal Collective as well, but I haven't heard the Nelly Furtado song yet, so I guess a comparison isn't fair from me ... however, well over half of the Timbaland-produced songs I own (probably 50 to 75 songs?) I'd take over even the best Animal Collective songs.

i didn't know you still listened to other genres. but you liking tim beats more isn't surprising considering you like big star more than the beatles. ugh, i sound like orlando.

haha, of course I do.  While I probably could listen to exclusively rap, I doubt it will happen.  Unfortunately, though, there haven't been too many good non-rap albums this year ... which brings up the question, what do you guys consider to be the best non-rap album so far this year?  Band of Horse's album on Sub Pop Records is really the only good non-rap album I've heard so far this year ... kinda sad.  Still, there should be some good stuff coming out towards the end of the year; I'm especially interested new albums from Pissed Jeans and The Oxford Collapse (the latter of which I think will be huge), plus I think Life At These Speeds has a new album coming out on Level-Plane.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
hmm...when i don't wanna listen to rap i just jam 50 cent
MarkSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MarkSmith

[QUOTE="MarkSmith"]I'm playing 30 Seconds to mars right now. "The Kill" is a really good song, but this 2nd album of theirs is getting too scremo. It cnat touch their first album.IsThisIt_basic

haha ... 30 Second to Mars aren't even remotely screamo.

They're not emo. Screamo is just a stupid term people made up, but now it is used to describe all screams, not just emo ones. And they didnt used to be, but their new album has a lot more screaming than their first one.

dracall_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dracall_666
Member since 2004 • 4111 Posts

Enya and Karunesh kid

always Bob Marley

Some Ray

any mo-town

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Orlando_Magic

ugh, i sound like orlando.

rubbersouI

Oh you mean smart? Naw you still sound dumb. :P

it's ok i still <3 u
TheTruth2500XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 TheTruth2500XL
Member since 2006 • 2428 Posts
The Trammps
Foreigner
Isaac Hayes
Led Zeppelin
Rage Against the Machine
Moody Blues<<<<<<< crazy motha fuzzers, music is crazy
J Geils Band
The Clash
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Aerosmith
Donny Hathaway
Al Green
Bill Withers
Jimi Hendrix
Ohio Playas
Queen
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Almond Bros
The Doors
Wilson Pickett
Sam Cook

Cop all their CDs now, open up your mind son
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Orlando_Magic
[QUOTE="TheTruth2500XL"]
Donny Hathaway

Do you listen to Stevie Wonder? He's pretty similiar to Hathaway.
HighRoGlyFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HighRoGlyFix
Member since 2004 • 4687 Posts
Radiohead FTW
boogie_town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 boogie_town
[QUOTE="rubbersouI"] [QUOTE="IsThisIt_basic"]

IsThisIt_basic

Band of Horse's album on Sub Pop Records is really the only good non-rap album I've heard so far this year

Lovely album, but that's the only album released this year that you consider good? :? What about Sunset Rubdown's Shut Up I Am Dreaming, Liars Drum's Not Dead, or Boris's Pink?

boogie_town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 boogie_town

Radiohead FTWHighRoGlyFix

Word.

Kid A = Orgasmic.

TheTruth2500XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheTruth2500XL
[QUOTE="TheTruth2500XL"]
Donny Hathaway

Orlando_Magic

Do you listen to Stevie Wonder? He's pretty similiar to Hathaway.

Yezzur, he's the ****
HighRoGlyFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HighRoGlyFix
Member since 2004 • 4687 Posts

[QUOTE="HighRoGlyFix"]Radiohead FTWboogie_town

Word.

Kid A = Orgasmic.

Kid A was pretty good. A little to experimental for a rock newb like me, but it was solid.

"Ok Computer" and "The Bends" are my favorites though. Especially "Ok Computer". That CD makes my top 10 album list of all time (and it's the only rock album that would..)

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Colt45fool
[QUOTE="rubbersouI"]

Orlando_Magic

it's ok i still <3 u

lmfao :lol:
jugend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jugend
Member since 2003 • 3193 Posts

I'm not sure if many people here will like most of this stuff. I like some of these more than any hip-hop artist though:

1. Richard Wagner
  2. Johannes Brahms
  3. KMFDM
  4. Brian Eno
  5. Beethoven
  6. Mozart 
  7. Miles Davis
  8. :Wumpscut:
  9. Suicide Commando
  10. Skinny Puppy
  11. Velvet Acid Christ
  12. Kraftwerk
  13. Einstürzende Neubauten
  14. VNV Nation
  15. Das Ich
  16. Funker Vogt
  17. Front Line Assembly
  18. Depeche Mode
  19. Prince
  20. Michael Jackson
  21. Thelonious Monk
  22. Bob Marley & The Wailers
TheTruth2500XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheTruth2500XL

I'm not sure if many people here will like most of this stuff. I like some of these more than any hip-hop artist though:

1. Richard Wagner
  2. Beethoven
  3. Mozart
  4. Miles David
  5. Prince
  6. Michael Jackson
  7. Bob Marley & The Wailers
jugend

These ones are dope. I actually listen to classical, especially when I just wanna chill by my fireplace.... if I had a fireplace:P:(
Avatar image for 189245455704665724390135605497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 189245455704665724390135605497
Member since 2002 • 7742 Posts
been listening to alot of Joe Tex and Kool & The Gang.
Lakersman2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lakersman2000
[QUOTE="boogie_town"]

[QUOTE="HighRoGlyFix"]Radiohead FTWHighRoGlyFix

Word.

Kid A = Orgasmic.

Kid A was pretty good. A little to experimental for a rock newb like me, but it was solid.

"Ok Computer" and "The Bends" are my favorites though. Especially "Ok Computer". That CD makes my top 10 album list of all time (and it's the only rock album that would..)

ive started my expirimenting and im bout to listen to "ok computer" in a lil while...im acquring it . :)
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
the angels and airwaves album, We Dont Need to Whisper is really good, i recommend it to anyone that likes Blink-182 or if you like a soft mellow, somewhat punkish rock sound
7LES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 7LES
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
I'm too lazy to download non-rap, unless ITI recommends it -- ITI is ridiculously nice if you want great music in other genres.

Megadeth - First three albums, son. Rust In Peace owns your soul. Tornado of Souls all day.

Metallica - They suck now, but Master of Puppets was the ish. Ride the Lightning is pretty good as well.

Death - The Sound of Perseverance

Dream Theater - Live Scenes From NY is my favorite, but they've got a ton of great ish. Probably the best for a metal newbie. That or Metallica.

Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Hey ITI, remember when this was your favorite album of all-time? Make Yourself owns, too, but S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is the original awesomeness. Morning View has a couple dope songs, but it's too formulaic.

The Blood Brothers - Burn, Piano Island, Burn! Hey ITI, remember when you nuted all over TBB?

And I know I'm gonna get bashed for these bands, but f all of you.

Saves the Day - Saves the Day = consistent, their whole catalog. Every CD has a different sound, every CD owns. Lead singer's voice is magical. Quite beautiful, really. Stay What You Are is my favorite, but In Reverie, Can't Slow Down, Sound the Alarm, it all owns!

Thursday - Full Collapse

One of the greatest CDs of all-time. This CD got me into music. Unmatched energy. If you don't like this CD, you suck. Go eat a [cens0red]. War All the Time is pretty good, especially a couple of songs (Marches and Manuevers, Asleep in the Chapel), but nothing compares to this. Their new CD, A City By The Light Divided, is pretty good too, but they're never gonna be old school Thursday again. Waiting is what you want if you want some more mellow Thursday ownage.

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends

Emo at its best, baby.

Alexisonfire - Watch Out!

Rape. All I can say, really. Their debut, the self-titled Alexisonfire, owns, but this CD is incredible.

Yeah, that's about it, unless you really want me to get deep into my iPod. If you want metal, you should go talk to Gio. The only person I know who knows more metal than Gio is my friend who's named, coincidentally enough, Geo. If you want anything other than metal, ITI is the guy to go to. In his profile he has like the top 50 releases of 2005... That's a great list, I advise you to get some ish off it.
mowz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mowz00
Member since 2004 • 18692 Posts
[QUOTE="HighRoGlyFix"][QUOTE="boogie_town"]

[QUOTE="HighRoGlyFix"]Radiohead FTWLakersman2000

Word.

Kid A = Orgasmic.

ive started my expirimenting and im bout to listen to "ok computer" in a lil while...im acquring it . :)

OKC>>>KidA

My Top 5 R.H. Album list...
OKC
Kid A
The Bends
Pablo Honey
Amnesiac

The song "High and Dry" off of The Bends >> you
rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rubbersouI
[QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"] [QUOTE="rubbersouI"]

Colt45fool

it's ok i still <3 u

lmfao :lol:

i hate you all. :)

the new pornographers' latest album is probably the last non-rap album i've liked.
boogie_town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 boogie_town

Emo at its best, baby.

7LES

Not really, no.

In fact, ironically, that's emo at its worst.

7LES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 7LES

[QUOTE="7LES"]

Emo at its best, baby.

boogie_town

Not really, no.

You realize you lost, right?
boogie_town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 boogie_town
[QUOTE="boogie_town"]

[QUOTE="7LES"]

Emo at its best, baby.

7LES

Not really, no.

You realize you lost, right?

How so?

7LES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 7LES

How so?

boogie_town

:|
rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rubbersouI
I Hate Myself is good. There might be better, I don't listen to the genre so I wouldn't know.
boogie_town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 boogie_town
[QUOTE="boogie_town"]

How so?

7LES

:|